OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

Whoa, what an ending! Despite the roller-coaster ride this game was, it will surely go down in OB-history as one of the most epic games ever played in here. I'm so honored to have been able to co-create something like this. It's really something to see all the characters and locations and situations you've thought out come to life in other people's hands, as anyone who's created games here would know.

Oh, and Shy, you forgot to bring the fireworks and the champagne. ;P But thank you anyway for bringing this to an end! And thanks to all the players as well, you are all genius writers.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Heh, careful now Police Chief, just because the King happens to be making things more democratic doesn't mean you New Czenoble peasants have the right to go tell the nobility what to do, if we feel like solving thing with violence rather than words, in the name of personal honour, it's our choice. Seriously though, does Alexander have the power to change laws as well as enforce them ? Sounds like he's trying to step outside his powers there. ^_~[/SIZE][/QUOTE]No, only the power to present the suggestion to do away with the law and let the people decide for themselves. That and he'd be thinking of people gaining better rights and therefore potentially wishing to challenge said nobility to a duel over perceived wrongs done to their families over the years. He'd be looking to clarify just what back wrongs could be pursued as well as making sure people didn't get off on a frenzy of avenging past wrongs.

Anyway, it's been fun, seriously. Even with all the drama, definitely don't forget Sandy that it will also be remembered for being a huge drama fest. :p But that usually ends up in making you appreciate getting to the end even more since it means you didn't give up. Anyway, I've enjoyed working with all of you. :catgirl:

[quote name='Sandy']Oh, and Shy, you forgot to bring the fireworks and the champagne. ;P[/QUOTE]
[size=1]I didn't forget the champagne, I'm just keeping it all for myself. It's been a long couple of months, you know?

Anyway, I had a great time putting this story together and I hope everyone else did as well. Special thanks to all of our dedicated players, especially Sandy. Now that I've had some time to 'cool off' I'm looking forward to working with everyone again... if not in Von Braun then in the inevitable Almagest sequel.

But I suppose that's a story for another day.

-Josh[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I didn't forget the champagne, I'm just keeping it all for myself. It's been a long couple of months, you know?[/size][/QUOTE]That was a smart move.

I do have one last bit to toss in and that is... [B]OMG[/B]... It actually got finished! :catgirl:

[SIZE="1"][/spam][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]It is kind of hard to believe it's all actually over, at least for now. Seriously though, if this RPG does not get a Nifty Award next year, well, it'll be a shame, because I can't think of any RPG in the last few years that has been this epic, and really, so good for RPing on the boards.

*Takes Josh's champagne, shakes it, and sprays him with it*

Until the sequel.[/SIZE]