OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Nope, no objections A_M, that was exactly what Litheway was planning to do. I really liked how you expanded Daedalus' sacrifice [spoiler]to include him saving the rest of his family in the process, it just seems so like him to do it, even unintentionally.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/QUOTE]Excellent, since that is what I was thinking when I decided to do that. Your post gave me the idea in the first place after all. :catgirl: And I enjoyed your post following up after mine, since as the others have said, getting to see more of Dwalish was fun to read.

Anyway, I too am done, so only that final post left for me. So I'm ready for you to wrap the day up Shy.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[font=franklin gothic medium]Sorry guys, I have been away since Thursday. Things have moved on significantly since I last caught up, so I will reserve my next posts until the following day.

I'll probably do one more post with Audrey and probably just one more with Gustave, depending on how much I have to include.[/font]

[size=1]Okay!

Big changes are in store for Czenovia as King Primas works to create a [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_monarchy][b]constitutional monarchy[/b][/url] that takes into account the needs of all of its' citizens. The fighting is over, thankfully.

There will be a Chronicle up in the next few days to describe the workings of the government itself, but if your final post is not dependent on that information you can post whenever you'd like.

If someone could put the title up for the chapter when they post that would be great. The chapter's title is '[b]Farewell[/b].'

Thanks again.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"]One small thing Josh, in your post you mention the Underdog fleet retreating after the battle, in my post preceeding it though, the Underdog fleet is completely destroyed by the 1st Fleet to bring the battle to a close. Given the Underdog tactics during the battle, more specifically their attempted and successful suicide runs, I'm thinking it makes sense the 1st Fleet wouldn't let any of them escape alive.

On a side note, cool to see Primas is indeed cut from a different cloth to his father.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]One small thing Josh, in your post you mention the Underdog fleet retreating after the battle, in my post preceeding it though, the Underdog fleet is completely destroyed by the 1st Fleet to bring the battle to a close. Given the Underdog tactics during the battle, more specifically their attempted and successful suicide runs, I'm thinking it makes sense the 1st Fleet wouldn't let any of them escape alive.

On a side note, cool to see Primas is indeed cut from a different cloth to his father.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]That's fine. I'll edit that bit in my post right now.

I know that 1st Fleet had a clear victory, but I wasn't sure whether or not every single Underdog ship was destroyed or not.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]That's fine. I'll edit that bit in my post right now.

I know that 1st Fleet had a clear victory, but I wasn't sure whether or not every single Underdog ship was destroyed or not.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Merci mon ami.

Given how damn long my post was, I'm not surprised you missed it, so don't worry about it. I'd swear it was the last one, but I'm pretty sure my final post is going to be long as well, though hopefully not as long.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Well, I've posted. In fact I guess I will have one more post with Audrey if my current post is okay.

I really didn't know where to go with it, so I decided on a couple of things that made sense to me.

I still have to proof read it and check off a few things, but I hope the gist of the post is okay.[/font]

[size=1]My post was supposed to end the day, but since James posted I am in the uncomfortable position of needing to post again before the day officially ends. I should have that up over the weekend.

I'll try to explain some of the details of the new government in my post (and in The Chronicle,) but the transition from Divine Right of the King to a Constitutional Monarchy will be a gradual one. Everything might not change overnight, but eventually it will. I imagine more than anything else the people of Czenovia will be very optimistic about the change, although obviously some resentment towards the King still exists.

But that story is for another day, I suppose.

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]You can still end the day if you want. Don't forget that they are flying at night... and Jack is asleep in my post.

There's no reason why they can't return to High Czenoble in the morning. In fact they would probably have to get some basic repairs in Muldova and [i]then[/i] fly off (which can be mentioned briefly).

So feel free to start the next morning if you like. I will include a post that fits in with whatever you write.[/font]

[size=1]Okay. Sorry about the delays everyone. The post is up!

Feel free to start the final 'day' with your posts whenever you'd like. A final Chronicle should be up sooner, rather than later.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So, I'll be posting today, like now. Because I figure if I get it out of the way I can go back to enjoying my mindless grinding myself retarded on this rpg I'm obsessed with at the moment.

For my post there will be a time jump, so I'm telling you all now to eliminate confusion. Six months in the future to be precise. And presumeably Gustave and Macey's relationship has been going very well, but there hasn't been anything lasting and definitive about it all. So yes. Six months. Don't forget. I'll even make a note in my post but it might be lost in all the glorious writing.[/FONT][/COLOR]

And there's my final post... the Royal Police Guard is no more. :p It has been replaced with the [B]Czenoble Police[/B]. And yes the omission of the word [I]High[/I] in the new name was on purpose. So what you have is basically the beginnings of a police force that is not lead by appointed leaders only and is far more accountable for it's actions. As for the ending of my post... I left that particular detail up in the air on purpose. It seemed far too presumptuous otherwise. XP

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]

For my post there will be a time jump, so I'm telling you all now to eliminate confusion. Six months in the future to be precise. And presumeably Gustave and Macey's relationship has been going very well, but there hasn't been anything lasting and definitive about it all. So yes. Six months. Don't forget. I'll even make a note in my post but it might be lost in all the glorious writing.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Nothing lasting and definitive? Yet he proposed to her?

Hm. We did talk about the situation between them not long ago and I thought we'd come to an agreement.

Your post just totally scraps everything we talked about, lol.

I hate to be a pain in the butt - and I'd normally work around this - but it's too much to work around. I haven't written about what Gustave will be doing in six months yet.

So at the very least it may need to be majorly edited.[/font] :animestun

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]
So at the very least it may need to be majorly edited.[/font] :animestun[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh good lord people.

SHY! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

I feel obliged to point out that this was all Shy's doing. As in he told me to do this.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I'm totally not involved in this! I assumed that Raiha was more in the know than I was when she had Gustave propose in her post.[/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Good god. I assumed you were keeping me in the loop so we'd avoid unnecessary embarrassments like this.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Bah, I had about half of my final post typed up when my PC crashed a few days ago, so I have to go and rewrite the thing from scratch again as best I can remember it. It should hopefully be ready by the weekend, unfortunately though, it's not going to be as "happy ending" as the others have been so far.[/SIZE]

I will probably get mine up sometime this weekend. I've had a lot of things going on this week, making it difficult for me to actually sit down long enough to get a post up. I do know what I wish to do though, it's just a matter of actually writing it up. :catgirl:

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]And done! o_O Feels a little odd to finally be to the end of this rpg. With all that's gone on, it feels like we were at it a whole lot longer than we really were.

Anyway, time for the rest of you who have yet to post to do so! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, so I'm going to go ahead and post my final post with Jack, but its a few things I want to get out of the way.

For starters, since Cyriel just refuses to do this, we're going to assume that Morphia inherited Artemis Air Transports. Meredyne died without any children and if you read Morphia's profile in the sign up and follow the RPG, she would be the logical choice.

And I'm going to post it later tonight to give James a chance to post his. I don't want to step on any toes and am willing to make some changes based on what he puts down. I only want him to know they're going to be in the AAT hangars for my post.

And I am finally done, I hope you don't mind Shy and Sandy that I placed Dame Anna in CHAOS as it's new Executive Housekeeper. Much like how the monarchy is changing and the police, so is the school. The idea being that traditionally, such positions like that of Headmaster held a lot more of the decision making power in regards to school business. So Catherine merely saw an opportunity to delegate some of that to someone she felt was qualified to oversee it.

It feels strange to finally be here at the end of this rpg. It has been a lot of fun though, so thank you for creating it and thank you to everyone who has been a part of it. I've enjoyed it a lot. :catgirl:

No problem, Executive Housekeeper is such a great title for her. ;D

I'm really glad to see this end, too. Not because of the bad times, but for the good times. I consider it a great honor for an OB RPG to reach it's conclusion, and not die out midway like most of them do. It shows that the game has had dedicated players who have given their all to the game. So yeah, kudos to all of you guys!