OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Anyway, if all goes well, either Rach or I will be posting later tonight or tomorrow with that.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]And done.

If anything is off, just let me know and I'll edit it. Time wise this is before Daedalus leaves the [I]Sentinel [/I]since Beth and I decided to split it up so both of us would have a chance to post about the chaos going on in the city. She'll be following up with events happening either at the same time Daedalus is engaged in battle in his fighter or closer to when the battle comes to a close.

I hope that makes sense and isn't too confusing to anyone. Theoretically it shouldn't affect anyone's post since other than Beth, no one else will be posting about that aspect of the battle or rather about that area of High Czenoble being affected.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Now if only they didn't have to return to a battle sequence.... Perhaps the reunion would be vaguely more cheerful.

Oh yes, it would help if Fauntleroy and Leonheart could just get along. But i think nice manly ignoring of each other work too.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh yes, it would help if Fauntleroy and Leonheart could just get along. But i think nice manly ignoring of each other work too.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I actually can't wait to see Leonhart's reaction to what his son has done in his absence, even though we don't know exactly what Fontleroy did, I'm sure it can't be anything good from Leonhart's perspective. Though I suppose his being alive would invalidate the children's inheritance of the company, and thus anything Fontleroy might have done.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I actually can't wait to see Leonhart's reaction to what his son has done in his absence, even though we don't know exactly what Fontleroy did, I'm sure it can't be anything good from Leonhart's perspective. Though I suppose his being alive would invalidate the children's inheritance of the company, and thus anything Fontleroy might have done.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]Yeah, those two won't exactly be getting along.

Although Fonty never had a chance to give the company away, thanks to Victoria Ann running into the tunnels, I doubt it's going to be much of a heartfelt reunion.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Yeah, those two won't exactly be getting along.

Although Fonty never had a chance to give the company away, thanks to Victoria Ann running into the tunnels, I doubt it's going to be much of a heartfelt reunion.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Ah, I'd thought Fonty actually had managed to give away the company, well I guess that'll help keep what's left of the family together anyway. Daedalus may have been a good soldier, but I don't imagine he'd have made a wonderful corporate CEO, the temptation to define "hostile take-overs" as involving the Sentinel's main guns might've become a little too much for the old man.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]Although Fonty never had a chance to give the company away, thanks to Victoria Ann running into the tunnels, I doubt it's going to be much of a heartfelt reunion.[/size][/QUOTE]Hehe... oopsie? :D Poor Fonty, every time he turns around, Victoria Ann is causing him trouble. Anyway... That last post by Malkav was interesting, I mean I kind of guessed at what was going to happen, except for the bit with Meredyne. o_O [/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]When everyone is done with the air battle (if we aren't already) I'm going to be posting to wrap up the day. I'd like to ask that all of the players hold their final posts until I can get that in, but if there is still more to be posted with the battle that's fine.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]When everyone is done with the air battle (if we aren't already) I'm going to be posting to wrap up the day. I'd like to ask that all of the players hold their final posts until I can get that in, but if there is still more to be posted with the battle that's fine.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Silly... I told you over AIM yesterday that I would be posting about the battle. *poke* Also, ether Crystia or Gavin mentioned that Gavin has another post relating to the battle so that definitely means we aren't done. :p I'll try to get that up later today. I was going to get that done yesterday, but I got busy doing other stuff and when I was done, I was too tired for a post. But we definitely don't want to skip it... trust me. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Silly... I told you over AIM yesterday that I would be posting about the battle. *poke* Also, ether Crystia or Gavin mentioned that Gavin has another post relating to the battle so that definitely means we aren't done. :p I'll try to get that up later today. I was going to get that done yesterday, but I got busy doing other stuff and when I was done, I was too tired for a post. But we definitely don't want to skip it... trust me. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I don't mind actually, if Josh wants to wrap up the day, I can leave the post from Dwalish's perspective I was going to write. All it was intended to do was give his reaction to Daedalus' death as well as his side of the exchange with Jack, just to develop that whole scene more, as I think it needs it a little. So whichever suits Josh really.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I don't mind actually, if Josh wants to wrap up the day, I can leave the post from Dwalish's perspective I was going to write. All it was intended to do was give his reaction to Daedalus' death as well as his side of the exchange with Jack, just to develop that whole scene more, as I think it needs it a little. So whichever suits Josh really.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I do mind though, since I have some very specific things I intend to include in my post. So if he's going to wrap things up I want that to happen [I]after[/I] I post my part of the chaos in the city. I'm working on a Silver One post at the moment, but... as soon as I'm done I'll be moving to Almagest since I have the time to do so.

Also... I'd enjoy seeing a post from Dwalish's point of view. So I hope you post that. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Also... I'd enjoy seeing a post from Dwalish's point of view. So I hope you post that. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Alright, alright, twist my arm why don't you Beth ? ^_~ God knows I can't say no to a beautiful woman, no wonder D'Ann and Crys are able to get me to do things so often. Heh, besides, if you're posting that means I'm not going to be holding up anyone in the time it takes for me to get it written.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Alright, alright, twist my arm why don't you Beth ? ^_~ God knows I can't say no to a beautiful woman, no wonder D'Ann and Crys are able to get me to do things so often. Heh, besides, if you're posting that means I'm not going to be holding up anyone in the time it takes for me to get it written.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]:catgirl: Yay! I'll be starting my post soon and should have it up by the end of the day. Also, Kathy was telling me that she plans on posting about the group finally getting out of the tunnels and into High Czenoble. So other than the ending posts, that makes three more for the battle or rather wrapping it up. Once that's done, then I imagine people can start doing their final posts as it were. [/FONT][/COLOR]

To also add, to the arm twisting. Please tell the story from Dawlish's perspective, I know I made him come off as cruel. I originally wanted him to just keep the beam on Jack as a precaution, and the shot to be an accident caused by Meredyne's sudden actions.

Lol, I know that Meredyne's death was somewhat forced, but I needed that to further my own plans with Jack's ending. Besides, no one really used her outside of me and Shy. She was becoming a loose wheel considering Jack's new found companionship with Audrey, who IMHO is just better suited for Jack. Audrey also completes this circle with Jack and Vincent. Jack has relations with Vincent's ex wife, destroys the Vigilant and indirectly helps save Vincent's life, is present during the death of the man who ordered Vincent's execution (I think Rosier was involved, I have to look back), and is now lolligagging around with the last friend Vincent had before he died. All this and the two barely know each other.

Sorry for ranting, but I had to expell some excitement, I hated writing that post, lol.

[quote name='Malkav']To also add, to the arm twisting. Please tell the story from Dawlish's perspective, I know I made him come off as cruel. I originally wanted him to just keep the beam on Jack as a precaution, and the shot to be an accident caused by Meredyne's sudden actions.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Don't worry about it Malkav, I think the whole combination of whhat occurred would probably make Dwalish considerably more hard-hearted than he's normally appeared. Also, as I believe I hinted, Dwalish isn't nearly as nice in reality as I've made him look, family just brings out that better side.

I'll probably write up the post tomorrow evening, as I want to give Beth a chance to finish her post first.[/SIZE]

Well I know I'd enjoy seeing that post too Gavin. Also, Beth is correct, I do plan on posting about the group getting out of the tunnels, though mine is not likely to go up until tomorrow morning since I have other things I'm doing today.

But I most definitely do not want Shy to wrap things up since my post will indicate that the battle is winding down or ending by the time they get out of those tunnels. I have the moment or rather event I want them to see shortly after getting out. So unless someone else in the group wishes to add more, I will be posting to that effect.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]And finally done. XP That post took forever! If it's not clear, I took it to the time where Daedalus had just stopped Litheway. So the fight is most likely wrapping up at this point. Anyway, now that I killed myself on that... I'm going to call it a night. I checked it for typos, but another check will have to wait until I have brain power again. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

And I am done as well, a little late since I had other things come up this morning but done just the same. Now to be clear, the group ended up so far off on account of having to keep changing their path from the tunnels collapsing. And unless you object Gavin, since you indicated that the Liberator was aimed at High Czenoble, I figured that Litheway would have aimed it at the [spoiler]base of the Mirror Palace in an attempt to destroy it and incidentally bury the members of the royal family alive. So that's what my post indicated, that ship that Victoria Ann saw was the Liberator. Good thing Daedalus destroyed it. It's only a pity he won't know that he unknowingly saved the others. [/spoiler]

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']And unless you object Gavin, since you indicated that the Liberator was aimed at High Czenoble, I figured that Litheway would have aimed it at the [spoiler]base of the Mirror Palace in an attempt to destroy it and incidentally bury the members of the royal family alive. So that's what my post indicated, that ship that Victoria Ann saw was the Liberator. Good thing Daedalus destroyed it. It's only a pity he won't know that he unknowingly saved the others. [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Nope, no objections A_M, that was exactly what Litheway was planning to do. I really liked how you expanded Daedalus' sacrifice [spoiler]to include him saving the rest of his family in the process, it just seems so like him to do it, even unintentionally.[/spoiler]

[strike]I've my post about a quarter written now, so it should be up some time in the next few hours hopefully.[/strike]

Ugh, OK, that came out a hell of a lot longer than I originally intended it to be, but for all intents and purposes I'm done until the final lot of posts.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]o_O Well that was quite a bit of reading and rather interesting as well. From Beth's post where as she put it in the post [spoiler]metal and even the dead rained down[/spoiler] to my mom's post where [spoiler]Daedalus unknowingly saved the others by stopping Litheway's suicidal run[/spoiler] and finally to Gavin's latest post, which I really enjoyed since we finally got to really see more about Dwalish's character.

Anyway, I know I'm simply waiting for the day to end so I can do a final post, since I think my mom's post wraps up that group well enough. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Wait a minute. So we were all standing under, and looking up at a rain of...WHAT?!

*mental scrubbers*

Oh that's just gruesome. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well I'm assuming that was going on where Alecia and Alexander were located since so many ships were coming apart right above their location. But I suppose it could have happened when the Liberator came apart as well. Just think of what's on the roof of that garden shed...

Also, great posts Beth, Kathy and Gavin. I love how they've expanded on the battle. I think the whole thing needed more and those really add to the story.

Oh and I have nothing else to add until my final post so I'm good to go. :p[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I suppose I should point out then, with the destruction of the rest of the Underdog fleet, there's only going to be more "rain" heading towards the cities. Gruesome indeed.

Now Josh, you can go and finish off the day. I imagine Dwalish and Harrison will be disembarking the Sentinel the moment the 1st Fleet returns to base, which will probably be soon, given the level of damage she's suffered.[/SIZE]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Well I'm assuming that was going on where Alecia and Alexander were located since so many ships were coming apart right above their location. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]That is what Beth and I discussed, so yes, it's referring to their location. I mean considering how many ships were destroyed it only makes sense that there would be that kind of "rain" hitting the city. >_> Things are a complete and total disaster.

Anyway, great posts, I too enjoyed seeing more of Dwalish and how he thinks and such Gavin. And like the others, Beth and I are done for the day so to speak, so we are waiting for the time to do our final posts as it were.

[size=1]If nobody else has anything they'd like to add to the day, I'll be done with my post sometime during the weekend. That should wrap up the day and then allow the players to do their final posts.

-Shy[/size]