OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[size=1]I'll try to get a post up in the morning following Fonty/Victoria and also Morphia/August. I wasn't online that night to see Sandy fishing for ideas on how to murder Augustine, but if she's useless she's useless. I imagine as a corpse she'll be even less productive.

Audrey with an eyepatch sounds hardcore. Great posts guys.

-Shy[/size]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, here is the new avatar for Audrey.. please feel free to replace the original with this:

[center][img]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8797/audreyavatarxe5.jpg[/img][/center]

She will likely acquire the actual patch aboard the Cygnus.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I would say that now we're getting into late afternoon - at least, once Rach has posted about the RPG/Underdogs confrontation, we should be somewhere around there I guess.[/font][/QUOTE]Right now Muse and I aren't even to two in the afternoon, but that's kind of irrelevant really, since it won't affect other's posts. Anyway, now that I finally got that post of mine up, which not only took forever to write on account of that fight scene, but because the site is slower than all get out since VV launched. I keep getting[I] the connection has timed out[/I] message all the time. XP

Anyway, Muse and I will try to get it wrapped up since we aren't done yet. :p

Ooh, the suspense! Great action, guys! ;D

[B]Regarding upcoming events:[/B] the last time we spoke, me and Josh agreed that Gadget and Eva would join Fauntleroy in following Victoria, just to get them where they need to be. I imagine the journey through the tunnels will take a while, but eventually they should reach the underground city, thanks to Victoria's maps.

It'd be great if the cannon was operational by then (maybe Catherine is threatened so that Leonhart will agree to use it, Kathy?), as it would lead us to the true climax of this game: a battle between Daedalus in his airship and Leonhart at the cannon.

How would that sound to everybody? Pulling off that kind of event would require everybody's cooperation.

[quote name='Sandy']It'd be great if the cannon was operational by then (maybe Catherine is threatened so that Leonhart will agree to use it, Kathy?), as it would lead us to the true climax of this game: a battle between Daedalus in his airship and Leonhart at the cannon.[/QUOTE]That idea won't work. I have already worked out how this will happen with Shy. The battle will happen, but not in that fashion. I will write up brief notes to forward to you so you'll be on the same page as to what I have in mind. Well once I get back online later that is. I need to take care of some other things first.

[size=1]My thinking is that while an Almagest may be required to activate the device, someone else can do the dirty work.

As for Victoria/Eva/Fonty/Gadget, they'll probably be making a stop at Gustave's. They can meet up with Macey Ellen while they are there. I'll have some more detailed description of what I had in mind when we get to that point.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]As for Victoria/Eva/Fonty/Gadget, they'll probably be making a stop at Gustave's. They can meet up with Macey Ellen while they are there. I'll have some more detailed description of what I had in mind when we get to that point.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]When you find her, for all interested, she'll be grooming Gustave's Chimaeras, most likely while he's away on a phone call for his business.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']I will write up brief notes to forward to you so you'll be on the same page as to what I have in mind.[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated. ;D

Is there anyone else the group needs to pick up before heading down to the city? It would be ideal if all the players got to play a part in the end-game.

I'd imagine Harrison and Dawlish will be with Daedalus, and Alecia will end up with Alexander and Henry, but is there anyone else not accounted for?

[quote name='Sandy']Alecia will end up with Alexander and Henry, but is there anyone else not accounted for?[/QUOTE]Uh, don't be so sure of that. After all that's Beth's call as to whether or not Alecia sticks to her promise to wait for Alexander. And I don't know if Muse has other plans for Henry or not. It is the most likely outcome... but only the other two know for sure. I only know that Alexander will of course try to get to where Alecia [I]should[/I] be.

[SIZE="1"]Josh, I understand that Leonhart's children would have stock in Magitech, but wouldn't Catherine and Daedalus also have their own shares from their parents ? I know that Leonhart was running Magitech, but did that automatically equate to him owning all the shares in the company ? It doesn't make any difference to me or my characters, I'm just a little confused.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Josh, I understand that Leonhart's children would have stock in Magitech, but wouldn't Catherine and Daedalus also have their own shares from their parents ? I know that Leonhart was running Magitech, but did that automatically equate to him owning all the shares in the company ? It doesn't make any difference to me or my characters, I'm just a little confused.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]As I had mentioned before, Catherine, Bavaria and Daedalus each have a stake in the company. Fonty is merely splitting up the shares inherited to Leonhart's children. I'll edit my post to make that clear.

Apologies.

-Shy

[b]Edit:[/b] Okay. Fixed. I see now what I did wrong.

[quote=Revised]Fonty wrapped his arm around his sister, [b]“Please Eva, that’s not important now. What we need to focus on is getting these papers ratified by the Business Justice.”[/b]

Eva raised an eyebrow, [b]“Uh-huh. I don't see you forging Bavaria or Daedalus' signature to get their shares...”[/b]

"[b]I may be forging documents, sister, but I'm not stupid enough to cross either of those two. Or Catherine."[/b][/quote][/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]And so there Macey is, playing groom while the universe she knew and love is coming apart. Well I suppose not loved...that might be slightly misleading.

Victoria Ann will most likely forget about her ambitions for like two seconds, in lieu of giving Lucy loving. And Macey will have a slight bone to pick with Fonty. Cough. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, seems Fonty has some sense, as little interest as Daedalus has in running Magitech, he's made it pretty clear to his nephew how he feels about selling the company. I can't wait to write how he reacts to this. ^_~[/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Uh, don't be so sure of that. After all that's Beth's call as to whether or not Alecia sticks to her promise to wait for Alexander. And I don't know if Muse has other plans for Henry or not. It is the most likely outcome... but only the other two know for sure. I only know that Alexander will of course try to get to where Alecia [I]should[/I] be.[/QUOTE]

*rolls eyes* I realized that, Darren, hence I said "I'd imagine". ;D I do not know what plans people have to their characters, but it would be great if all of them were at the center of the final events.

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]
As for Victoria/Eva/Fonty/Gadget, they'll probably be making a stop at Gustave's. They can meet up with Macey Ellen while they are there. I'll have some more detailed description of what I had in mind when we get to that point.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Cool. When that happens I will follow on from your post with Gustave.

I have to catch up with what's going on so I can work out what to do with Gustave at the end of the RPG. I was assuming he'd go into the tunnels with Victoria Ann and Fonty. If you haven't gotten to that point yet, please feel free to include him (I haven't checked the latest RPG posts but I'll do that today). [/font]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Adults need to realize that kids will only wait so long. :p Victoria Ann is off! She has slipped away and those precious maps are with her... Can we say oops? Better hope that Lucy can track her by scent. I would imagine that the adults won't even realize she's gone until several hours have passed. Since those in the house probably think she's out with Lucy, and Macey probably thinks she's back in the house.

[B]EDIT:[/B] She didn't ignore Macey, she's just more focused on getting into the tunnels since at that point, she thinks the adults aren't going to help her. So other than my mention of her asking about Catherine, she was already thinking of sneaking away. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
[B]EDIT:[/B] She didn't ignore Macey, she's just more focused on getting into the tunnels since at that point, she thinks the adults aren't going to help her. So other than my mention of her asking about Catherine, she was already thinking of sneaking away. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sooooo, you're fast forwarding to the part where she's already greeted Macey and hugged Lucy and then had to go back to the house?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sooooo, you're fast forwarding to the part where she's already greeted Macey and hugged Lucy and then had to go back to the house?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Yeah, my post is after she left the stable where the Chimeras and Macey are, sorry if that wasn't clear. I was trying to convey how much her mind is elsewhere.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']*rolls eyes* I realized that, Darren, hence I said "I'd imagine". ;D I do not know what plans people have to their characters, but it would be great if all of them were at the center of the final events.[/QUOTE]*ignores first part since it's silly* :p

I am curious to know what you mean by[I] "it would be great if all of them were at the center of the final events"[/I] Are you speaking in the sense that all of them are involved in some way or literally at the same location or rather in the same central drama as it were? And by central I mean all involved in the same event like Henry and Alexander are in the mess at the RPG headquarters together. I'm a little unclear as to what you are referring to.

I know Jack's going to be involved, whether he's wanted there or not :-P, other than that, I just wanted to make the people who will be present at the final events aware. Jack's providing the exit because I'm sure its going to be multiple explosions and collapsing tunnels that just scream 'have an airship ready, Mr. Deacon'. I'll find some way to [strike]muscle[/strike] pencil him in.

[quote name='Malkav']I know Jack's going to be involved, whether he's wanted there or not :-P, other than that, I just wanted to make the people who will be present at the final events aware. Jack's providing the exit because I'm sure its going to be multiple explosions and collapsing tunnels that just scream 'have an airship ready, Mr. Deacon'. I'll find some way to [strike]muscle[/strike] pencil him in.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I thought that Jack would be engaged in an air battle - which would presumably be taking place at the same time as these characters being in the tunnels (i.e. fairly late at night).

I suppose though that if the battle is occurring above Mt. Grail... it would make sense that the tunnels might start to collapse in places and they'd need an air-lift out.

That way, also, everyone is together at the end. Interesting. [/font]

[size=1]Since so many players will be working together in certain scenes at this point I'd like to ask that [b]all players post their planned actions and interactions in this thread exclusively from now on. This goes for ALL players.[/b] You don't have to tell us in advance all of the details in your post, but for timing purposes it's important to know who is doing what (and with whom.)

I'm going to be working on a post featuring Morphia/Bavaria/Primas and August. Primas will take the murder of his sister as quite a shock, and it will be up to the Deacons to take command of the kingdom in his stead. We'll see Bavaria as a strong and capable leader, and more importantly, as a strong and capable queen. Also, I'd like to explore Morphia/August more, although given his disability she could never love him. Call me old fashioned, but Henry/Morphia has always made the most sense to me. Let me know what you guys think.

As for Fonty and the gang: I expect the group to go into the tunnels and try to find Victoria Ann. This will give them a chance to explore the underground city in some detail, although if Gadget wants to try and find his parents that's fine. Maybe they can get split up at some point?

Ultimately I'd expect all of them to come across The Starks and The Giant at some point, probably while the massive air battle is going on overhead.

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Sounds great, Shy. Will it be okay for them to take Lucy into the tunnels? I imagine she will help them find Victoria Ann via scent.

And she may just come in useful if there is a conflict. I'm very eager to explore that underground city with the others.[/font]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I am curious to know what you mean by[I] "it would be great if all of them were at the center of the final events"[/I] Are you speaking in the sense that all of them are involved in some way or literally at the same location or rather in the same central drama as it were? And by central I mean all involved in the same event like Henry and Alexander are in the mess at the RPG headquarters together. I'm a little unclear as to what you are referring to.[/QUOTE]

You're overthinking it. All I meant was that everybody should be involved in the final events [I]somehow[/I]. I wouldn't want anybody left home wondering where everybody else went. This is the beginning of the final showdown, as I said earlier.