OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='Sandy']I'm sorry, Rach, but this isn't making much sense to me. You say my hint was useless, but it got the riddle solved, didn't it? And you say the riddle was interesting, but it was also boring. Huh? XD[/QUOTE]Sorry, what I mean is I already knew it was a cipher which is what the deal with Rikku and the fake language is. It's a type of cipher, so your clue told me what I already knew. :p Sorry I wasn't clear, you see, I was hoping you'd give us one of the actual letters for the switch going on. Like a freebie.

Also, nothing personal, those type of riddles don't interest me, so though I think they clever, I don't find them fun to solve. You could say the same about the music one and I wouldn't be offended. To each his own right? ;)

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Sandy']As for my latest post, although I said Bavaria and Beatriste moved out of Rosengard to the countryside for security reasons, that doesn't mean they cannot visit High Czenoble. The countryside villa of the Almagests is of course situated on the opposite side of Mount Grail to New Czenoble.[/QUOTE][size=1]Okay. Bavaria and Morphia will be attending the coronation (along with Macey, probably,) but it makes sense for the remaining Almagests to go somewhere safe.

I'll be having Fonty stay in Rosengard for now, so that he can run into Victoria Ann when she returns home to Rosengard. From there they can head to the summer home (although knowing Victoria Ann that's incredibly unlikely.)

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"]I'm a little confused about what's going on at the moment, obviously we've got the official coronation of the new Dynast King, but it that going to occur at the same time or earlier than the mass rebellion in New Czenoble ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I'm a little confused about what's going on at the moment, obviously we've got the official coronation of the new Dynast King, but it that going to occur at the same time or earlier than the mass rebellion in New Czenoble ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]The raid on the Royal Guard headquarters in High Czenoble will be taking place at the exact same time as the coronation ceremony. Many of the Guard will be dispatched to protect the Mirror Palace, so it's the most logical time to attack.

There are obviously Guard outposts in other cities in Czenovia, but by attacking the one in High Czenoble they aim to wipe out any leadership and lines of communication. In most of Czenovia there are not Underdog attacks, so it's likely that back-up forces will be called in. Of course, those forces won't be able to reach High Czenoble with the Underdogs controlling New Czenoble, so it's pretty useless.

I'm not aware of any mass rebellion in New Czenoble. I know that following the attack on the RPG headquarters there will be a retaliatory strike against [strike]Camp Doberman[/strike] [i]Camp Rottweiler[/i] (probably later in the 'afternoon.') I believe James and Malkav were going to write that up.

The massive air battle over Mount Grail will be taking place during the late evening/early morning. Keep in mind that it is an overcast day in Czenovia. The weather is only going to get worse.

-Shy

[b]Edit:[/b] I keep calling it 'Camp Doberman' for some reason. The name of the camp is 'Rottweiler.'[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]The raid on the Royal Guard headquarters in High Czenoble will be taking place at the exact same time as the coronation ceremony. Many of the Guard will be dispatched to protect the Mirror Palace, so it's the most logical time to attack.

There are obviously Guard outposts in other cities in Czenovia, but by attacking the one in High Czenoble they aim to wipe out any leadership and lines of communication. In most of Czenovia there are not Underdog attacks, so it's likely that back-up forces will be called in. Of course, those forces won't be able to reach High Czenoble with the Underdogs controlling New Czenoble, so it's pretty useless.

I'm not aware of any mass rebellion in New Czenoble. I know that following the attack on the RPG headquarters there will be a retaliatory strike against Camp Doberman (probably later in the 'afternoon.') I believe James and Malkav were going to write that up.

The massive air battle over Mount Grail will be taking place during the late evening/early morning. Keep in mind that it is an overcast day in Czenovia. The weather is only going to get worse.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Ah, alright that's cleared everything up for me, thanks Josh.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I'll be having Fonty stay in Rosengard for now, so that he can run into Victoria Ann when she returns home to Rosengard. From there they can head to the summer home (although knowing Victoria Ann that's incredibly unlikely.)[/size][/QUOTE]Extremely unlikely I would say. ;)

Anyway, I tried to give a reason as to why both Leonhart and Catherine would even consider cooperating. In my mind, Leonhart has been portrayed as a bit of a wimp in that he didn't seem to have any real reason for doing as the Underdogs wished. I can't imagine someone like that just doing as he was told, after all, he would know just how many people would end up dead if he did.

Also, even though I didn't state it, I'm assuming that they are in Camp Rottweiler since that is where Leonhart was when Callisto Prometheo was killed.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Also, even though I didn't state it, I'm assuming that they are in Camp Rottweiler since that is where Leonhart was when Callisto Prometheo was killed.[/QUOTE][size=1]You're right. I was right the first time. Bah.

Okay, Camp DOBERMAN is the above ground camp that will be raided by the Guard following coronation. Camp ROTTWEILER is the underground camp within Mount Grail, where Catherine, Leonhart and others are being held against their will.

[b]James[/b]: Malkav and i had questions regarding the timing of the attack on Camp Doberman, and Audrey's involvement. I'll need to talk to you about that next time I catch you online.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I'll be having Fonty stay in Rosengard for now, so that he can run into Victoria Ann when she returns home to Rosengard. From there they can head to the summer home (although knowing Victoria Ann that's incredibly unlikely.)[/size][/QUOTE]Naturally, after all, she did go to the trouble to get those historical maps. It's more likely that she'll drag anyone she can into the tunnels with her and short of forcing her to leave, you'll never get her to that summer home. :p Trust me if Gustave and Lucy show up for any reason, she'll drag them along too.

Also... am I the only one who finds the idea of total strangers taking pictures of their character creepy? As well as the idea of being shot from a distance? *shudder* That was really mean! >_<

Oh and before I forget, the longer it seems that Catherine just left without a note, the more convinced Victoria Ann will be of foul play. She knows Catherine wouldn't abandon her duty as a teacher or go to the coronation without some form of note to the others. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Okay, Camp DOBERMAN is the above ground camp that will be raided by the Guard following coronation. Camp ROTTWEILER is the underground camp within Mount Grail, where Catherine, Leonhart and others are being held against their will.[/size][/QUOTE]

Actually, in my post where I first mentioned the camps, Doberman was also underground, in a forsaken sewage tunnel directly underneath New Czenoble, whereas Rottweiler is much deeper underground, under Mt. Grail.

Yes, I took the concept of [I]Underdogs[/I] a bit too far... XP

[font=franklin gothic medium]In terms of Audrey, I am not too worried about the timing. If Malkav wants to post about Jack meeting Audrey at the camp, that'd be okay (he can determine the appropriate timing).

That is, unless there's something I need to post first...but I don't really think there is. I'm happy for someone else to incorporate Audrey where she will fit.

In terms of the nature of Camp Doberman... confirmation one way or the other would be good (not that it's relevant to me right now, but it will be when the Guard attack).[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]In terms of the nature of Camp Doberman... confirmation one way or the other would be good (not that it's relevant to me right now, but it will be when the Guard attack).[/font][/QUOTE]

If an official confirmation is really important in this matter, then unless it's necessary for the camp to be above ground (in which case the Underdogs could've moved it there after taking over New Czenoble), I'd say we stick with what is already established in my post.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think it will just mean the difference between an air battle or an air raid and some sort of ground invasion or strike, is all. It will probably be relevant to whoever introduces the battle.[/font]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]There, coronation begun. And I was totally going to throw in some dialogue for the new Dynast king like:

"Change! Hope!"

But that felt a little too much like plagiarism if you get my drift. But now the real fun can begin. Maybe it'll keep Macey from falling into a rhetorical coma.[/FONT][/COLOR]

And the fun at the Royal Police Guard Headquarters has begun. XP Point of reference, mainly for Muse. Alexander is going to claim that Henry was attempting to stop Gaul Rosier from leaving the place for the coronation. To detain him just long enough so he'd be there when the attack started. As if what he did was [I]part of the plan[/I], whether or not the others will actually believe that is another story. XP

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, just to make sure we're all on the same page, here's my current understanding of today's proposed events:

1) Underdogs attack RPG HQ (which has just commenced according to Rach)

2) Some hours later, the RPG realiate and attack Camp Doberman. This is when Jack and Audrey escape to a nearby airship (the details of which will be revealed at the time).

3) In the evening, hours after that retaliation, there is a full-scale airship battle above High Czenoble, between the Underdogs fleet and the Royal Police Guard.

Please tell me if I'm missing something there...I want to get that basic sequence right.

Edit: I mention Doberman because my understanding is that Rottweiler is under Mt. Grail... where the big weapon is. My understanding is that Jack and Audrey are taken to Doberman (i.e. not where Catherine and Leonhart are).

This can, of course, be easily changed if necessary, since nobody has yet posted about which camp they've gone to. Once I get that sequence established, it'll be easier to post. Haha
[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]3) In the evening, hours after that retaliation, there is a full-scale airship battle above High Czenoble, between the Underdogs fleet and the Royal Police Guard.[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I thought that the air-battle was between the Underdogs fleet and the 1st Air-Fleet, at least if it's the same air-battle I'm thinking of. Is there more than one now Josh/Sandy ?

Anyway, I'm not really sure when I'll get a chance to post as I've had very little time this weekend for a variety of reasons. It seems that we've gone passed the idea of having the Almagests working on the clue pieces for the moment, so really I imagine Daedalus will return to the Sentinel after going to the coronation, seeing as it'd probably part of his official duties.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin;806573][SIZE="1"]Anyway, I'm not really sure when I'll get a chance to post as I've had very little time this weekend for a variety of reasons. It seems that we've gone passed the idea of having the Almagests working on the clue pieces for the moment, so really I imagine Daedalus will return to the Sentinel after going to the coronation, seeing as it'd probably part of his official duties.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I would imagine that they ended up solving it together over dinner, even though it wasn't discussed or put into someone's post. Pity you had no time to post though, especially after I went to the trouble of putting Daedalus in Harriet's clutches no less. XP One other thing, considering this in Crystia's post:[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"] Not that the weather would stop anyone from attending the official coronation for their new ruler. He couldn't help but smile over at least one thing, being on the [I]Sentinel[/I] meant it was unlikely he'd have to attend any silly social function. [/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]That just begs for Harrison to get dragged along. You know that right? :p

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I thought that the air-battle was between the Underdogs fleet and the 1st Air-Fleet, at least if it's the same air-battle I'm thinking of. Is there more than one now Josh/Sandy ?
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]No, you're probably right. My first thought was the RPG, probably because they have been so heavily covered up until this point.

I don't want to further confuse the issue - the RPG's only involvement will be when the Underdogs attack their HQ and then when they retaliate against the camp (both battles will probably render them mostly useless, as I'm sure they will sustain significant losses and a number of defections, given that many officers don't agree with Rosier anyway).

So yes, the air battle will be between the Underdogs fleet and the 1st Air Fleet. That's the one that will take place late at night, after the RPG/Underdogs stuff happens.[/font]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]Victoria Ann nodded and sat down to look over the maps to herself; she knew better than to keep pestering a grown-up when they were angry. However, if Uncle Fonty thought that she would give up on her rescue operation so easily he was sorely mistaken...[/size][/QUOTE]Heh, you'd think by now that Fonty would have learned that there is [I]no [/I] stopping Victoria Ann once she makes her mind up. I imagine he just might find himself chasing her through the tunnels in the near future. :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Edit: I mention Doberman because my understanding is that Rottweiler is under Mt. Grail... where the big weapon is. My understanding is that Jack and Audrey are taken to Doberman (i.e. not where Catherine and Leonhart are).

This can, of course, be easily changed if necessary, since nobody has yet posted about which camp they've gone to. Once I get that sequence established, it'll be easier to post. Haha
[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]I believe you're right. Leonhart, Catherine and the other alchemists are being held in Camp Rottweiler, which is within Mount Grail. Camp Doberman will be the one being attacked.

And yes, the air battle will largely involve the Underdogs and Czenovia's military air force. While there may be some Guard ships present, the majority of the Czenovian forces will be military.

-Shy[/size]

I did a minor (and probably the last) edit to the Family Tree, marking Vincent dead and adding Audrey. (I made her thirty years old, because I didnt' know her official age. I don't think it matters, anyway.)

You can view the tree [url=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/almagest-familytree.png][u]here[/u][/url].

I have a sense that this game is drawing to an end. Gadget and Eva are probably going to tag with Fauntleroy to follow Victoria when she runs away, if I got the plotline right.

Hey Sandy, I was just looking at the family tree and noticed that Jack's birth year was 681. In truth its supposed to be 678 because he's 31 years old. I'm sorry I didn't notice this before and its a relatively minor issue. You don't even have to update it if you don't want.

So... Jack has officially become the most abused man in Czenovia.

[quote name='Malkav']Hey Sandy, I was just looking at the family tree and noticed that Jack's birth year was 681. In truth its supposed to be 678 because he's 31 years old. I'm sorry I didn't notice this before and its a relatively minor issue. You don't even have to update it if you don't want.[/QUOTE]

That's strange... I went with what was written in the character profiles, but I see that it indeed says he's 31 there. Are you sure you didn't change it somewhere during the process? Anyway, it only makes sense that he's the same age as Charles and Meredyne. I'll fix it if there's a need to update the tree again. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']That's strange... I went with what was written in the character profiles, but I see that it indeed says he's 31 there. Are you sure you didn't change it somewhere during the process? Anyway, it only makes sense that he's the same age as Charles and Meredyne. I'll fix it if there's a need to update the tree again. ;D[/quote]

It wasn't his original age. I changed it maybe two or three days after I posted it. That's probably the problem. Sorry, for that.

[SIZE="1"]Hopefully I've wrapped up everything I need to for Daedalus before the air-battle in the coming hours. Before anyone asks, yes, Air-General Litheway will turn out to be a traitor who helped the Underdogs get their hands on the cannon, as really, I saw no alternative to explain how their got passed the military guard and captured it. Unfortunately Daedalus does not know this and it seems it will come back to haunt him.[/SIZE]