OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]My feeling is that each person should do a final post (not yet, but shortly) to wrap up their characters...and that should be it. No contrived/shoehorned end post. Just everyone's last posts and then, perhaps, some credits or something like that.

That's just my view though. Others may disagree.[/font][/QUOTE]I like this idea, a lot since it gives such a nice feeling of completion. I know I would prefer it if the ending was done like this.
[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Oh and the 'final day' does not have to literally be a single day. If you want to set your final post a week, or a month, or whatever, after the story ends that's fine. If/when we do a sequel it will probably be taking place after a significant time jump in the story, at least a year.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Works for me. That makes it easier and a lot more fun since we can choose the moment that fits what we have in mind the best.

Also, like Gavin, my spring break just started so I have the next nine days off to do whatever I want. Which will include a lot of being utterly lazy. Heh.[/COLOR]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the brief break in posting... I feel as if we've entered that calm before a storm. I just know I'm going to sign off and end up coming back to find all of you have posted at the same time. :catgirl: That never fails to make me laugh. Though if I come back later and it's still quiet, I'm likely to go ahead with my post, whether the battle has started or not. I'd prefer it, but it's really not necessary for what I want to do. Anyway, this is going to be fun!

[SIZE="1"]Sorry about the delay, I really intended to post sooner but got pretty caught up in one of my own projects. I probably could have included more of the actual battle, but to be honest, I wanted to leave that for my next post when my mind isn't quite so exhausted from writing six and a half thousand words between two posts. Heh. ^_^;[/SIZE]

Excellent, especially your post Gavin, you set up what I had in mind rather well. ^_~ Anyway, that was what I had in mind, so that makes you next Sandy. I don't have anything else in mind to add at this point.

I must say that I am terribly curious to see how the battle turns out though. Especially on account of how it started. That was rather unexpected and made it fun to read.

[COLOR="Indigo"]It's good to see things get started. We've only been leading up to this moment for such a long time. And I really liked how you [spoiler]had the cannon used right up front and Litheway being the leader of the Underdog fleet [/spoiler] I just know that Daedalus is so going... oh [I]SH..![/I] Hehe. Great post Gavin.

And while I'm here cause this sort of thing is fun... It seems someone has a birthday today... So Raiha... Happy Birthday!

[CENTER][IMG]http://media-cards.theotaku.com/115676-20050507175159.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Hahahaha! *ducks*[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Heh thanks everyone, I didn't think it was a great post myself, just covering what I needed to cover before the main segment of the battle. Still, thanks for the encouraging words. If it helps, I've imagined Litheway as having the same voice as Balthier from FF12, just if you're trying to get a feel for the character.[/SIZE]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]And while I'm here cause this sort of thing is fun... It seems someone has a birthday today... So Raiha... Happy Birthday!

[CENTER][IMG]http://media-cards.theotaku.com/115676-20050507175159.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Hahahaha! *ducks*[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]*THWACKS*

Brat.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Gurgh...don't mock me woman! *runs from the room weeping*

......yeah, it would figure that my monthly cycle would synch up with my birthday. Because it just would be my special day without my special friend. Good god someone beat me with a sock full of quarters until this annoyance is replaced by a desire to murder you instead.

And I figure I shouldn't post until there's something meaningful happening underground.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I will make my final post to this game asap. You'll see why it's final when I'm finished. ;P

EDIT: With that post, Gadget bows out of the game. I really had only two options: to either kill him off or let him live but make him leave. I chose the latter option since despite what's been said about Gadget, I've really grown fond of him, and I've written enough death scenes in this game already. I also wanted to give the "main character" (as Malkav referred to him) an ending he deserved.

Although he's practically death to the other characters, the idea of him living as a "ghost" in another country was intriguing to me. Here's the concept image that inspired me:
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/almagest-gadgetghost.jpg[/IMG]

Just to note, Gadget didn't wipe out the entire Underdog army, just the ones around the cannon. Donner Stark obviously died, but Litheway and Blair could very well be elsewhere at that time. The explosion was also restricted to the hill, explaining why Leonhart got out of there alive. So there.

If someone wants to end the airbattle now that the cannon is out of the equation, it's probably best to do it now before other people start posting their final posts.

[size=1][strike]Daedalus needs to be the one to destroy the cannon. That's something I cannot stress enough.[/strike]

Beyond that, it was a great post, Sandy. I love Gadget's ending, and it's extremely fitting for the character I think. Very tragic, very beautiful.

-Shy

[b]Edit[/b]: Actually, I think we can work with this. I don't think you don't have to change anything, Sandy.[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, it's fine Josh, I've a different ending planned for Daedalus anyway that accomplishes pretty much what I was going to do with the cannon, it actually fits better with the air-battle too. We've still a bit more to cover before the air-battle comes to an end, but I should be able to wrap it up in one or two more posts as intended.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I just have to include a post about the Cygnus entering the battle, where Jack will board the Sentinel. I won't make too much reference to that because I don't know what Malkav's plans are once the Sentinel is boarded.

Malkav, can you maybe just send me a PM with a bit more detail on your plans/motivations for that? I do know how Audrey will get away... so I can handle that (and she'll probably hang around to pick up Jack), but I might need a bit more info on why he's doing what he's doing. Just so that I can include some conversation about it or something.

Once I've done that... it will probably be my second-last post featuring Audrey. Then my final post will come.

And I'll probably only do one or two more posts with Gustave.

[b]Edit:[/b] Sandy, your final post was wonderful. I very much enjoyed reading it. Great job! :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Beyond that, it was a great post, Sandy. I love Gadget's ending, and it's extremely fitting for the character I think. Very tragic, very beautiful.[/size][/QUOTE]I like it as well, how his story came to an end. An invisible Gadget seems oddly appropriate somehow, you can't help but feel sorry for the kid since nothing ever went right for him. Though before this is done and over with, I imagine his story will not be the only [I]tragic[/I] one.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Though before this is done and over with, I imagine his story will not be the only [I]tragic[/I] one.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Is that some sort of hint for us about Alexander's future Darren ? Or are you just being bleak in general ?

I've about half a post written, so I should be able to finish and post it by tomorrow or Friday at the latest, as it needs to go before Malkav and James' posts, or at least, alongside James'.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Fun stuff, with the battle and the cannon, I liked how you did that Gavin. Just as I like how it ended up activated in the first place Kathy. And now Gadget is invisible for life? That was an unexpected and fun way to bring his story to a close. Not fun for him I'm sure, he lost everything really. Poor guy.

Anyway... I'll probably do something showcasing the chaos on the ground on account of falling debris and such from the battle, once the fight gets a little further underway that is. I know that seeing the [spoiler]Sentinel get blasted [/spoiler] already has everyone on the ground freaking out. And if it hasn't.. they should be! I know I would be freaking. XP[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Is that some sort of hint for us about Alexander's future Darren ? Or are you just being bleak in general ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Not if he knows what's good for him. :p I swear, I'll clobber him if he pulls something like that out. And I know where you live Rach, there will be no hiding behind a computer screen. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Is that some sort of hint for us about Alexander's future Darren ? Or are you just being bleak in general ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Uh... Just in general since there's some foreshadowing I see in people's posts, though I won't say who's. But that has me wondering about certain things and if I'm right...
[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Not if he knows what's good for him. :p I swear, I'll clobber him if he pulls something like that out. And I know where you live Rach, there will be no hiding behind a computer screen. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]No surprises, like I did with Alexander getting clobbered by his brother and leaving you hanging and wondering as to his fate. I promise. Though I'm sure not being able to hide makes that a necessity. Man... threats of violence in an rpg should stay in the story instead of spilling into the real world. XP

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Rachmaninoff'] Man... threats of violence in an rpg should stay in the story instead of spilling into the real world. XP[/QUOTE]Still remembering the time I smacked you for Allamorph? *laughs*

Anyway, I'll just chime in that I've enjoyed the latests posts as well. From the beginning of the fight, the invisible Gadget, the cannon details and even that mushy stuff you did Beth. :p Things are shaping up nicely for the finish.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Man... threats of violence in an rpg should stay in the story instead of spilling into the real world. XP[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]How else are we going to motivate the players ? I know nothing gets me in the mood to write like one of Crys' or D'Ann's threats.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Is there any image of the Sentinel? I may have missed it.

I will post within the coming day. My post will basically involve Audrey taking one or two crew members and leaving on one of the smaller away vessels connected to the Sentinel.

I imagine they will circle around the area until Jack is ready to leave. After that, you'll no doubt see my final post with Audrey. :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='Malkav']I agree with James. An image would really help my posts out. I don't even mind if you lift one from FFXII and the included maps.[/QUOTE]

You can find the artworks for the FF XII airships (which are all gorgeous, by the way) from [url=http://atma.lost-edens.com/thumbnails.php?album=27][U]this site[/U][/url]. So take your pick. ;D

My own suggestion would be [url=http://atma.lost-edens.com/displayimage.php?album=27&pos=98][U]the Alexander[/U][/url], but it might be too grandiose for some of your tastes.

[SIZE="1"]Hmm, I suppose I should have given some thought to finding an image for the Sentinel, I've always had an idea what she looks like, but then I did come up with the ship.

Alexander just doesn't really fit to be honest, too all over the place, at least compared to how I had it pictured, by which I mean she's just not sleek enough. If I had to pick a FFXII ship, the one that really fits the image I had, and funnily enough is itself a dreadnought, would be the Leviathan.

[url=http://atma.lost-edens.com/albums/userpics/10002/Leviathan%2C%20vue%20du%20dessous%20-%20Below%20view.jpg][B]Sentinel - Below View[/B][/url]

[url=http://atma.lost-edens.com/albums/userpics/10002/Leviathan~3.jpg][B]Sentinel - Above View[/B][/url]

Now that's sleek. A sort of steam-punk Executor.

Regular cruisers look quite similar to the Sentinel, seeing as the latter is just a cruiser on a far larger scale.

[url=http://atma.lost-edens.com/albums/userpics/10002/Shiva~5.jpg][B]Czenovian Air-Fleet Cruiser[/B][/url]

The fighters on board, as opposed to the gunships used by the RPG look pretty similar to this, well except for the whole changing shape idea, that's a little much I'd say, even if it would be cool.

[url=http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/e/eb/XII_Valefor.jpg][B]Czenovian Air-Fleet Fighter[/B][/url][/SIZE]