OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[SIZE="1"]OK, that is officially the longest damn post I've written in well, the last five days anyway, and definitely up there in my longest damn post Top 10. Heh.

Anyway joking aside, I hope you guys like it, the original intention was to have Daedalus take out the cannon at the cost of his own life, but since Sandy did that, I decided to to change it somewhat so that it would retain his heroic end and I hope it worked out.

For anyone who's confused, [spoiler]Daedalus overloaded his own engines, the blast of which caused the Liberator's engines to do likewise, which destroyed the remains of the ship before it could hit High Czenoble.[/spoiler]

For a bit of additional mood, I was listening to Naruto Shippuden's [i]Experienced Many Battles[/i] while writing this, particularly the last parts. It's a very orchestral piece and I think fits well with the intention of the post, and Daedalus himself. You can hear the piece [url=http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=W82usD0p4Js][b]here[/b][/url] if you'd like to listen.

In case anyone was wondering, I'll still be in this, but I'll be playing Dwalish from now on.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Oh my... >_< First Gadget is [spoiler] invisible forever[/spoiler] and now... Poor [spoiler]Daedalus[/spoiler] Now you guys have me wondering who else is going to have an ending like that. Those posts were good by the way, very moving, even if they were really sad. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Heh thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it. One little thing I forgot to mention in my last post, and it's kinda signfiicant is that the Commander rank insignia that Daedalus gave Dwalish was actually his own old one. Heh sorry, I suppose that makes it even sadder now. ^_^;[/SIZE]

[size=1]I'm kind of toying around with a post now, but I'd honestly rather save it for the end of the 'day.'

Great posts, as always. It's amazing how quiet things get sometimes, heh.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Sorry for my lack of posting this week, everyone. I've been sick and I'm just starting to recover.[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Ah, must be something capable of continent jumping, because I've been chilling outside of Death's Door for the past couple of days. But since I can't think of anything while I'm hopped up on enough medication to sink the entire MediCare system....[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Just so there is no confusion about my post. The first shaking was the cannon going off when it hit the [I]Sentinel[/I]. The second one that caused the cavern to collapse was the cannon blowing up. So the battle for this group is obviously not over and they are unfortunately right under High Czenoble and thus the battle as well. I left it open for the rest of you in the group to have fun. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Cool post Aaryanna, has me rather curious how you lot are going to get out with a giant air-battle going on over your heads. Especially with the debris from the destroyed ships falling back down towards High Czenoble, should make for a few more quakes.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Cool post Aaryanna, has me rather curious how you lot are going to get out with a giant air-battle going on over your heads. Especially with the debris from the destroyed ships falling back down towards High Czenoble, should make for a few more quakes.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Thanks. ^_^ I thought it would make things fun if they got caught up in that mess. That and the timing seemed like it would work since I can't have you and the others being the only ones involved in the battle. Kind of boring to just be watching it from the sides if you ask me. >_> Though if that were real... I'd be freaking. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Sorry for the delay in posting yet again. I was working on a post but I realized that I have no idea what has happened to Jack. One moment he's fighting Harrison...and then Harrison is with Daedalus.

I'm not quite sure what to write without hurting the continuity. Hm.

Perhaps Malkav can write about Jack's escape from the Sentinel and I can write about them flying to safety. *shrug*

I'm sorry, I'm all out of ideas as far as this goes.[/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Sorry for the delay in posting yet again. I was working on a post but I realized that I have no idea what has happened to Jack. One moment he's fighting Harrison...and then Harrison is with Daedalus.[/font][/QUOTE]Gavin's post coincides with the first part of my post James. He's merely following up on what Daedalus was thinking, it's kind of like a recap, to fill in the time line of what Daedalus experienced before leaving the ship. The part where Harrison is with Jack and the others is what's current.

There is no with Daedalus and then with Jack and then back with Daedalus again. Those two segments are the same moment, first told from Harrison's point of view, then from Daedalus' point of view. And then when Daedalus fought against Litheway, that's likely happening at the same time Harrison encountered Jack.[/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Aha, no wonder I'm confused! It's all getting a bit convoluted. I think the whole timeshift thing is what's confused me most.

Now that I know, that makes things quite a bit easier for me. Again, I hope I'm not holding anyone up too much - I just really want to avoid putting in a filler post that doesn't contribute anything worthwhile. :catgirl:

[b]Edit:[/b] indifference/Malkav, if you can possibly send me a PM about what exactly is supposed to happen (i.e. before Jack gets picked up by Audrey), that would be most appreciated. I haven't got all the relevant information and that way I can post when it's the right time.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Aha, no wonder I'm confused! It's all getting a bit convoluted. I think the whole timeshift thing is what's confused me most.[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, sorry about that James, in reality, I should have posted before Crys, I just never got around to it, and I guess that messed up the timeline a little for you. ^_^;

What Crys is right, the first half of my post was basically a recap from Daedalus point of view, while the later half including Daedalus' death would occur within a few minutes of Jack capturing Harrison.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Heh, sorry about that James, in reality, I should have posted before Crys, I just never got around to it, and I guess that messed up the timeline a little for you. ^_^;

What Crys is right, the first half of my post was basically a recap from Daedalus point of view, while the later half including Daedalus' death would occur within a few minutes of Jack capturing Harrison.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]No worries, it's all sorted out now. Crystia sent me a PM explaining what is going to be happening before Audrey picks up Jack - unfortunately I knew nothing about that until now.

So that means I can avoid putting in a redundant post. It also means, though, that I'll have to wait for Malkav to post until I post anything. It wouldn't make any sense for me to post just at the moment.
[/font]

[strike]As the other host of this game, I have to butt in here and ask people to take each other into consideration more with all these plannings. I know that many of you want to carefully plan your posts and cooperate with the other players in that scene before you do the actual post, and I respect that, but you have to remember that while you're doing all that, other players will have to either hold up their posting or take a risk by posting and in doing so messing up your carefully planned posts.

So I have to repeat the request made by both me and Josh earlier: if you're planning big things, [I]post them here[/I] instead of keeping the information in private messages between few players. If you want carefully planned posts, other people will need to know what you're thinking, as well. There is no predetermined post order here, so you have to be vocal about when you want your post to happen, or else you might lose your chance to make it.[/strike]

Other than that, I guess I just want to say "get on with it" to everybody. If you feel at loss about what to write for these final posts in this game, this thread is a perfect place to ask for ideas! ;D

EDIT: Sorry, it seems I misunderstood what was happening here (how typical of me). I was just worried that since this thread and the game itself have been quite inactive lately, there was something preventing people to post. Now it's cleared up that Malkav is doing a post next, although there are still other players [I]not[/I] involved in that event who are also free to post.

I also didn't mean to suggest people would have to spoil the contents of their posts. I just wanted to remind that nobody's a mind reader here - if you agree something in a private message with someone, you can't blame someone else for not knowing it. It has happened a few times during this game already, so I just wanted to make sure that we weren't dealing with that again. But as I said, I seem to have read too much into the few previous posts. I apologize.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Before we get off on the wrong tangent here, no one is withholding information. One doesn't post every single detail that's going to happen in the backstage if it's not needed. I prefer to [I]not[/I] spoil what's coming if it's not necessary. All that happened was a case of not realizing that part of the information hadn't been forwarded to James. It was a simple misunderstanding, not some planning that required details here to keep others from posting.

Other than a few of us, no one can even post about what's going on in the Sentinel and I already said that Malkav would be posting next here:[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]And now that I killed myself with my last post. [B]It's up to [U]Malkav[/U] to finish up[/B]. I mean... that took [I]way[/I] to long. Even if I am happy with how it turned out. Heh.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]So I[I] did[/I] post what was coming up, that Malkav would be posting next on the deal with the [I]Sentinel[/I]. So that request to post in the backstage with one's intent was followed and a reminder to do that was not needed. [/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, I doubt this would affect anyone else. It only affected me because my character was directly involved - in reality, Malkav probably should have let me know what he was planning earlier on, so that I would know when to post (and what to include).

So that was a slight misstep. But indifference has now sent me a PM with the details and it's all good.

Once Malkav posts we can move things on. This won't affect other characters though, so anyone else is obviously free to post at any time.[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Heh, sorry about that James, in reality, I should have posted before Crys, I just never got around to it, and I guess that messed up the timeline a little for you. ^_^;[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Uh... changing who posted first wouldn't make any difference at all. Your post and Crystia's, other than when the cannon struck, happened time wise at the SAME time. I thought that was why you two kept the dialouge between Harrison and Daedalus nearly identical, to help keep it clear that one was Harrison's point of view and the other Daedalus' point of view. >_>

So the only way to make that less confusing, even though I didn't find it so, would have been for you two to split your posts up and even then, you still would have run into the fact that part of what was going on was the same and only different on account of a perspective switch. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']EDIT: Sorry, it seems I misunderstood what was happening here (how typical of me). I was just worried that since this thread and the game itself have been quite inactive lately, there was something preventing people to post. Now it's cleared up that Malkav is doing a post next, although there are still other players [I]not[/I] involved in that event who are also free to post.[/QUOTE]The only thing preventing me from posting is that I've had a very busy schedule lately. In addition to working out some details with Rach on what to do and just who will post the next part. We plan on posting something with Alecia and Alexander to cover the chaos caused by the battle going on overhead. Especially since I'm sure debris and other things are raining down on High Czenoble at the moment.

Anyway, if all goes well, either Rach or I will be posting later tonight or tomorrow with that.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think at the end of the day, the post could probably have been clearer - even a simple indicator about timing would have helped. This is especially true when one person is given certain information and another is not (in terms of what my next post would be and its timing).

Ultimately it doesn't matter now; we do not need to emphasize the same point too much. Now that I have the information I need, I can at least ensure that there won't be any conflicts with my next post. If I'd posted sooner... I'd probably have had to delete the entire post.

Oh, also: Malkav says he's been busy and will post soon. Next time I think he should drop in himself to say that, though. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I think at the end of the day, the post could probably have been clearer - even a simple indicator about timing would have helped. This is especially true when one person is given certain information and another is not (in terms of what my next post would be and its timing).

Ultimately it doesn't matter now; we do not need to emphasize the same point too much. Now that I have the information I need, I can at least ensure that there won't be any conflicts with my next post. If I'd posted sooner... I'd probably have had to delete the entire post.[/font][/QUOTE]I was talking as an outsider looking in Jamesy. :catgirl: I'm not part of the group who is involved in what's going on for the [I]Sentinel[/I], so for me, there was no confusion. You on the other hand, have a character who's a part of that so that makes it different.

Anyway, that brings me to my main reason for posting, and that is wondering who wants to have fun with the group trying to make their way free of the tunnels? Shy, Raiha, you or even my mom could have Catherine and the others eventually catching up. Though I have to wonder if that's possible, Catherine and the others catching up, since unlike our group, they are on foot. And I'm sure Chimeras move a lot faster.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Oh yeah... I can't post, after all, that would mean a double post after all. :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Anyway, that brings me to my main reason for posting, and that is wondering who wants to have fun with the group trying to make their way free of the tunnels? Shy, Raiha, you or even my mom could have Catherine and the others eventually catching up. Though I have to wonder if that's possible, Catherine and the others catching up, since unlike our group, they are on foot. And I'm sure Chimeras move a lot faster.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Oh yeah... I can't post, after all, that would mean a double post after all. :p [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]You can still edit your original post to include another post (separated by an HR tag), if you like. Up to you.

In terms of where we are going with the tunnels...are there any particular plans for that? I think it's pretty wide open in terms of what can be posted at this stage. I would personally be happy for anyone to continue on from this point.

As far as posts go in general, I do think we have a responsibility to try to keep things as clear as possible. And mostly everyone's done a great job. Unfortunately, there will be times where one person will interpret things one way and someone else will interpret them another way. All we can do is keep the writing as clear and concise as possible, which isn't always easy.

Still, as this thread proves, if in doubt... we can always ask for clarification here.[/font]