OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='Sandy']You're overthinking it. All I meant was that everybody should be involved in the final events [I]somehow[/I]. I wouldn't want anybody left home wondering where everybody else went. This is the beginning of the final showdown, as I said earlier.[/QUOTE]No I'm not. :p That's exactly what I wanted to know. Whether or not it was in general, or if I was suppose to find some reason to have Alexander and Alecia end up where the others are. Knowing if we have to go in a certain direction or not is imperative. We can't really make any decisions without knowing that. So now that I know that, Beth and I can start brainstorming on what direction to take that will have our characters involved with the [I]final showdown [/I]as you put it.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1]I think it seems forced to expect every character to be involved in the final showdown somehow. Yes, it would be great is Rach, Muse and/or Sunfall's characters had more direct involvement in that aspect of the story, but they've done an excellent job of creating stories for their own characters.

Especially since a large portion of Alexander, Alecia's and Henry's stories are love stories, I don't see the need for their stories to end with them invading an Underdog base underground.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]
Especially since a large portion of Alexander, Alecia's and Henry's stories are love stories, I don't see the need for their stories to end with them invading an Underdog base underground.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[I]Again[/I], that's not what I meant. They can be involved without being on the same spot as the others. And I'm not forcing anybody to do anything, I just said it would be nice if everybody would activate their characters for this final spurt.

I thought we were in agreement that this game would end after this event, so this is about the final chance for everybody to do something with their characters.

I hope I have made my point now. I wasn't trying to dictate anything.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]For everyone's reference, I would like to point out that Macey is now somewhat apprehensive, if not terrified, of caves and tunnels. Remember please that the last time she was in a tunnel she was running for her life with Gadget in tow.

And she'd nearly been exploded and lost her father all around the same time. So she wouldn't exactly be ecstatic about going into caves. Actually she'd be quite legitimately frightened and clinging to whoever was with her in grabbing distance.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Luckily I don't have to make that decision, heheh. I'm not sure who will follow on from me (Shy, possibly).

I've basically set it up so that a) there will be two Chimaera going with them and b) the Chimaera will be carrying some supplies as well as riders.

This should provide a bit of freedom to use those "supplies" if things get dangerous. It just gives a bit of poetic license for those involved.

It's just a shame Gustave didn't get the chance to give Victoria one of the magitech compasses before she left...[/font]

I'm going to write a bit from Gadget's perspective (not going into the tunnels yet), as well as something with the Starks, which I hope will clarify their stance.

D'Ann, if you think that the things I made Macey say were somehow off-character, let me know and I'll be more than happy to change them for you. ;D

I just wanted to say to Jamesy that I admire how well you've managed to incorporate Audrey into the story. I'm saying this because I had my doubts about if she was too distant from the main group to fit in, but you managed to turn that into her strength. Well done! ;D

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well she'd be slightly more upset that Gadget simply ran off without so much as a 'by your leave' if anything else.

And she doesn't really think she was blinded by Vincent, so much as she was shoved at him by political fiat. But other than that, good. No glaring errors that I can see. Of course I'm also freshly woken up, so I might be slightly wonky right now.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well she'd be slightly more upset that Gadget simply ran off without so much as a 'by your leave' if anything else.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

But she wouldn't hold it against Gadget, I assume. He did apologize for what happened, after all. Macey has been quite reserved in showing her emotions thus far, so I figured she wouldn't start bitchslapping Gadget either. ;D

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]And she doesn't really think she was blinded by Vincent, so much as she was shoved at him by political fiat.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

But she did love him, didn't she? Maybe Macey was speaking in metaphors rather than actually being bedazzled at the sight of Vincent. Really, I just wrote that part to get some lyrical style into the dialogue, to give the moment a bit of magic. So we don't have to read too much to it, right?

But I'm glad you approved. I wouldn't have wanted to finish this game without Gadget getting a chance to solve things with Macey. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']
But she did love him, didn't she? Maybe Macey was speaking in metaphors rather than actually being bedazzled at the sight of Vincent. Really, I just wrote that part to get some lyrical style into the dialogue, to give the moment a bit of magic. So we don't have to read too much to it, right? [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sure she loved him but love ≠ blinded. But seriously, it's all okay. I'm okay now. ...everything's just fine and dandy just like candy... *twitch twitch*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Luckily I don't have to make that decision, heheh. I'm not sure who will follow on from me (Shy, possibly).

I've basically set it up so that a) there will be two Chimaera going with them and b) the Chimaera will be carrying some supplies as well as riders.

This should provide a bit of freedom to use those "supplies" if things get dangerous. It just gives a bit of poetic license for those involved.

It's just a shame Gustave didn't get the chance to give Victoria one of the magitech compasses before she left...[/font][/QUOTE]I'd say either you or Shy could follow up on that. :p I imagine that even with her head start, the Chimeras move quickly. So I imagine that you'll find her quickly enough.

As much as Victoria would have loved that gift and probably still will when she finally gets it. If she had been there... it's unlikely that she would have gotten the chance to sneak off before the adults left to take care of the business Fonty was up to.

Which is of course why she took off, the timing was just too perfect to pass up. In her mind that is. And eleven or not, it will take a while before that stubborn streak of hers lets her slow down, even if she does get tired later on.

I do know that when you finally catch up... >_> She is so going to be.... [I]oh sh..! [/I]I imagine she's going to get the lecture of her life for that particular incident of hers. As well as getting grounded for the rest of her childhood. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote]I just wanted to say to Jamesy that I admire how well you've managed to incorporate Audrey into the story. I'm saying this because I had my doubts about if she was too distant from the main group to fit in, but you managed to turn that into her strength. Well done! ;D[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Thank you, I appreciate that. :catgirl:

It's kind of odd how things have gone with Audrey...her story is very unconventional.

I actually think that her jail time allowed me to flesh her out a lot more. Now at least we know about her parents and her personal history quite a bit.[/font]

I think I killed myself with my last two posts. XP Anyway, Muse will be following up on that, doing his part on how the rpg mess goes down. And now that I fried my brain... I think I'm going to go and get some sleep. I mean seriously... [spoiler]Grants was such a pain in the butt! Refusing to die quickly![/spoiler]

[SIZE="1"]That was an absolutely awesome post Darren, I loved [spoiler]the swordfight between Grants and Alexander, and poor Captain Oref, what a heroic man.[/spoiler]

Josh/Sandy, should I write a post invovling the military helping to drive off the Underdogs attack with the RPG ? They're already in the city, and really, won't have a lot to do until the air-battle.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']....doing his part on how the rpg mess goes down. [/QUOTE]

[size=1]-coughcough- [i]She[/i]! ;) We'll just pretend you're talking about Henry.

And I'll have that post up by later tonight (Brawl tournament/party during the day), so Gavin, if you are going to write about the military driving off the Underdogs, could you wait until after I post, please? Just so I can get Henry's big post finished :p[/size]

[size=1][b]Gavin:[/b] It's really up to you. I know we haven't left much for you to do at the moment, but the larger air battle should be taking place soon. I don't expect to spend a lot of posts with the characters in the tunnels, so things should be wrapping up shortly.

I've had the worst writer's block, but I'll try very hard to get a post in today. My apologies to everyone.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1][b]Gavin:[/b] It's really up to you. I know we haven't left much for you to do at the moment, but the larger air battle should be taking place soon. I don't expect to spend a lot of posts with the characters in the tunnels, so things should be wrapping up shortly.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh no worries, I'll have plenty to write about in the coming air-battle and I already established that the military were in High Czenoble. I suppose I just felt I needed to post something to contribute to the story.[/SIZE]

Just a reminder that by the time the battle starts, it should be raining. Also, I'm leaving most of the epic stuff to Gavin and who ever else wants to contribute (it'd be fun to see the people running around panicked because airships and shrapnel are raining down on the city, just a thought). I think I'm going to square my focus toward the Sentinel attack because of how detailed me and Indy's posts are gonna have to be to keep it looking good. Jack's not really an underdog anymore so I don't feel I have a personal stake in the outside battle. My only request is please avoid lopsided-ness. Just cause you're a hero doesn't mean you have an easy time. Not saying you do that, Gavin, but I wanted to get that off of my chest.

[quote name='Malkav']My only request is please avoid lopsided-ness. Just cause you're a hero doesn't mean you have an easy time. Not saying you do that, Gavin, but I wanted to get that off of my chest.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Sure Malkav, with the troop deployments down in the city, the Sentinel and the Fleet will be operating with less than usual numbers, though not enough to prove detrimental in the battle, so that should also help balance it out for Jack. Besides, we both know he's going to have two big advantages when he actually gets on-board the Sentinel too. Rest assured I'll be as fair writing Jack as I am with anyone else's character, or my own for that matter.

Actually, for my short post, I think I'll write about Daedalus interacting with Meredyne on the Sentinel, there certainly ought to be some interesting dialogue there, for example:

"[b]You've got one hell of a way to try to block a business deal Daedalus.[/b]" [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin;807232][SIZE="1"]That was an absolutely awesome post Darren, I loved [spoiler]the swordfight between Grants and Alexander, and poor Captain Oref, what a heroic man.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/QUOTE]Thanks. :catgirl:[quote name='Muse'][size=1]-coughcough- [i]She[/i']! ;) We'll just pretend you're talking about Henry.[/size][/quote]That works for me. You'd think with your user name I'd know that. XP

Anyway, I'm done for now, in a little bit it will be up to Beth to follow up on Alexander getting back to the medical center. Plus we've been discussing things and have come to the conclusion that with all the chaos caused by the rpg building being destroyed, it's likely the two will stay put at the Eshe Rehema.

The idea being that not only are Alecia's skills are going to be needed on account of the injured and wounded from the fight, but that it's safer than attempting to fight the panicked crowds to get back to their home. Plus at this point, Alexander is exhausted and in no condition to try and get her home until he's been treated and had a chance to rest. Though by then, I imagine the air battle will be underway so they'll end up not leaving later on either. On account of the falling debris and such. XP I think that's going to really surprise the hell out of them.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Just a quick question for Malkav: since I don't want to interfere too much with the battle between the Sentinel and the Cygnus, I had an idea.

Perhaps once Jack boards the Sentinel, Audrey could pilot the Cygnus? I have a couple of ideas surrounding that which might be good.

It could be, for instance, that she tries to move the Cygnus off out of harms way...and then returns later to rescue Jack. He could say goodbye to her before leaving for the Sentinel.

This would also give me a chance to talk about the larger battle without actually stepping on any toes. :catgirl:[/font]

[size=1]I'm really quite embarrassed at how long that post took me... XD Oh well. I just wanted to make it clear that my post comes AFTER Alexander arrives at Eshe Rehema, but pretty much [i]right[/i] after. Just so SunfallE knows, since I think she'll be taking this next bit :) Bed now, thank god.[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Muse'][size=1]I'm really quite embarrassed at how long that post took me... XD Oh well. I just wanted to make it clear that my post comes AFTER Alexander arrives at Eshe Rehema, but pretty much [i]right[/i] after. Just so SunfallE knows, since I think she'll be taking this next bit :) Bed now, thank god.[/size][/QUOTE]I will be. Though not until later today or possibly tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm mainly posting to give a heads up since I'm recovering from having some type of bug. All I want to do is sleep since I'm tired and I ache all over. Something that is killing my creativity at the moment. Though I'm hoping that since I feel much better... after sleeping some more I'll feel up to a real post...

Also, like Rach said, Alecia and Alexander will not be leaving the area. They will be staying at the Eshe Rehema medical center. Unless something happens that forces them to leave, but short of an air ship crashing in the area, I don't see it happening. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Also, like Rach said, Alecia and Alexander will not be leaving the area. They will be staying at the Eshe Rehema medical center. Unless something happens that forces them to leave, but short of an air ship crashing in the area, I don't see it happening. :p[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Exactly.

Also, I am not planning on posting until after the air battle is in full swing. For two reasons really. One to recover from those last two posts since they took a lot of time to write, and that leads into the fact that I have a concert coming up on Thursday so I don't have time for another post until that is over with. So I won't be up to posting until this weekend at the soonest. I don't see that as being a problem though.

And as you can see, the cannon is now active. I left the time vague so that it can be afternoon, evening or even later in the night. Whatever time fits best. Also, it should be noted that once active, it does not require an Almagest to actually fire it.

Anyway, on another note, those action posts have been fun to read. Seeing Gual, Hugo and Grants get what for was very satisfying. I know Catherine won't be sorry to learn that Hugo is dead.

[size=1]Okay, the cannon is activated so the air battle can begin.

Great posts everyone! The tunnel group needs to figure out how to handle meeting up with Victoria/The Underdogs/Catherine. Try to use this thread to sort that out so that nobody gets confused.

-Shy[/size]