OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm sorry that I haven't been able to put my last post up yet - it is sitting here half written. I may have to make some changes based on what others have written though, which is totally cool.

Malkav, please feel free to put your post up first. I will just work with what you've written.

I will try to have the post up this week, hopefully Friday. Apologies again, I'm very keen to have everything wrapped up![/font]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1]

Alright, I'll be working on my final post tonight, wherein some sort of reunion with Henry and Morphia will take place. So if my post seems to backtrack in history a little bit I hope that's fine, since I figure it'll happen just after Morphia left the palace to find Henry.

And Shy, I don't know if you were planning to do a final post with Morphia or not, but if you were and want to talk to me about what you want to happen between the two, I'm all ears :D [/size]

[quote name='Muse'][size=1]

Alright, I'll be working on my final post tonight, wherein some sort of reunion with Henry and Morphia will take place. So if my post seems to backtrack in history a little bit I hope that's fine, since I figure it'll happen just after Morphia left the palace to find Henry.

And Shy, I don't know if you were planning to do a final post with Morphia or not, but if you were and want to talk to me about what you want to happen between the two, I'm all ears :D [/size][/QUOTE][size=1]I don't have any specific plans for Morphia. Malkav was considering something, but I think we'd both much rather see what you have in mind.

These final posts have been great so far. I cannot wait to see the rest of them.

-Shy

[b]Edit:[/b] I don't know if it was clear in Malkav's post or not, but Morphia is set to inherit Artemis Air Transports from the late Meredyne Artemis. Meredyne would want Jack to run the company, but as a pirate he knows that the business world is not his place. How involved she is in the day-to-day operations of the business is open to interpretation, but more than anything it's a simple gift between siblings.[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]These final posts have been great so far. I cannot wait to see the rest of them.[/size][/QUOTE]I agree, they've been a lot of fun to read. I'm terribly curious to see what Gavin was hinting at here though:[quote][size=1]It should hopefully be ready by the weekend, unfortunately though, it's not going to be as "happy ending" as the others have been so far.[/size][/quote]Since I'm getting the vibe that if he's covering Daedalus' funeral... we are all in for a very interesting post in that respect. Because I can't see him saying that [I]just[/I] for the funeral aspect alone.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Because I can't see him saying that [I]just[/I] for the funeral aspect alone.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I can't remember whether or not I let you in on what's going to happen Darren, but if I didn't, you're most certainly right.

Apologies for my lack of posts in this, aside from being absolutely wrecked from my work-load coming up to my final year exams, I've just not been able to get into the mood to write my final post for Almagest. However, I promise, come hell or high water, it will be done by this weekend, simply because I really want to write it and stop holding people up.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I can relate Gavin, not so much the mood, but rather an issue of my last post refusing to cooperate. I must have re-written it three or four times! [I]*headdesk*[/I] It just keep coming across as too cheesy! XP Anyway, it is up and part of me is going... o_O At the thought that I am finished with this rpg... it feels so very, very odd.

Anyway... for those of you who often come here [I]before[/I] reading the main post... Just go and read it. No spoiler tags here! Ha!

Also, I too have enjoyed it, drama and all! It's been fun everyone and I'm looking forward to the remaining final posts. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I can't remember whether or not I let you in on what's going to happen Darren, but if I didn't, you're most certainly right.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]No you didn't, its just more of a feeling that I'm getting, though I'm not sure why.

Also, o_O we're so close to being done now with only a few left to post...

[font=franklin gothic medium]I decided not to do a final post for Audrey. Malkav's final post says it all really - I don't think I need to add to it.

Instead I've focused on Gustave's final moments in Czenovia. He's returning home and selling his summer house.

As you can see, though, he is making sure to check in on Victoria-Ann one last time. :catgirl:[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Gavin just wrote up his final post for Dawlish, and I thought it was nothing short of excellent. It covered all of the bases that it needed to, but being the perfectionist that he is, Gavin wanted to write even [i]more[/i].

I'm quoting what he posted OOC in the main thread, in hopes that one of the mods can delete that bit from his post. I mean, we have a Backstage thread for a reason, right?[/size]
[quote=Gavin][size=1]Sorry guys, originally this was supposed to cover quite a different story, based around Daedalus' funeral but I got sidetracked trying to cover what I figured would occur before then. With my exams creeping up really fast, and my general computer time getting increasingly limited I'm afraid I've had to cut it at this.

The "sad event" that was supposed to be covered in this was actually going to be a duel between Dwalish and his younger brother Jacob Mason, ending in Jacob's death. The plot I had in my head was that after the main state funeral for Daedalus and the other dead members of the Fleet/Guard, the Almagests would have a small family ceremony at the family sepulchre on the grounds of Rosengard for both Daedalus and Helen, attended by the main characters. When Dwalish goes to speak about his father, Mason arrives drunk and begins ranting about how everything Dwalish is saying is an utter lie and they're all better off now that the "warmonger" is dead.

As hinted throughout the story, Daedalus' paternal side is something that is only fairly recent, although his caring for his children genuinely was always there, he was just bad at expressing it. For Mason, given he was so different to his father this would lead to confrontations until eventually he chose to leave the family almost altogether, something quite similar to Fontleroy, in fact, Jacob could be considered a predecessor to Fontleroy.

Jacob's drunken slurs against his father, Helen and Dwalish for their similarity is all it takes for Dwalish's fragile control to snap and the pair literally start brawling in front of everyone, until eventually they're pulled apart and Jacob challenges Dwalish to a duel to what he calls "settle his honour". Dwalish readily accepts, still nearly beyond reason with anger. As you might expect, the rest of the characters are horrified by what is about to occur, particularly the law-abiding non-noble Alexander, although he is made aware by Leonhart that the duel is legal and there's nothing any of them can do to stop them.

To be blunt, it's a very short fight, Jacob is disarmed, literally losing a hand before his brother stabs him directly through the heart. Harriet collapses at the sight of the death of another of her children, even one as far removed from the family as Mason, while Harrison can only look on with mixed emotions of shock and horror. As Dwalish sees his mother collapse, he is finally brought back to his senses from his bloodlust and backs away in shame and dismay at what he's just done. Catherine and the other ladies attend to Harriet, while Alexander leads Harrison away.

After a few minutes, it's just Dwalish, Leonhart and Bavaria left, Dwalish remains distraught, clutching at his face and calling himself a monster and a murderer [his worst fears] through pained sobs, while his aunt in a rather unusual show of sympathy merely cradles his head and attempts to comfort him. Leonhart merely stares at Jacob's body reflecting his relationship with his own estranged son before walking over to his brother's coffin to say his final goodbye, placing his own first invention on Daedalus' tomb.

The final part was to involve a skip ahead a month into the future, Harriet remains badly affected by the death of half the family in such a short period of time, which coupled with her own illness has lead to it being accepted she has relatively little time left to live. Dwalish has recovered somewhat from everything that has occurred, but his mother's impending death is something he blames himself for, and as such obsesses to take care of Harrison as best he can to try and make amends and earn back his younger brother's respect. He receives orders to join Air-General Von Heisenberg's 2nd Fleet, currently patrolling Czenovia's furthest western borders, near the New Globe.

Again, sorry I couldn't finish this, I really wanted to, but right now, I just don't have the time.[/size][/quote][size=1]
Again, excellent post Gavin. Thank you again for your commitment to the RPG so far. I guess it's just Indi, Muse and myself left!

-Shy[/size]

That's one of the longest OCC I've ever seen, it's like an entire post in itself. Also, even though I have no problem with you wishing to end it like that; this part is a problem and a serious misplay of Alexander:[quote][size=1]As you might expect, the rest of the characters are horrified by what is about to occur, particularly the law-abiding non-noble Alexander, although he is made aware by Leonhart that the duel is legal and there's nothing any of them can do to stop them.[/size][/quote]Legal or not, he would have never stood by and done nothing. As you pointed out, he is not a noble, other than by marriage, so respecting the right of a duel, especially one brought on by the grief of a funeral...

That just wouldn't have happened. Someone would have had to physically stop him from attempting to put an end to that duel. I'm not kidding either. Anyway, at this point it doesn't matter. Also it sounds like Harriet didn't last long after that which means long before Beth's post... there would have been a funeral for her as well.

[SIZE="1"]Thanks for quoting that for me Josh, as you said, I should have used the Backstage thread, and thanks for the kind words.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']That's one of the longest OCC I've ever seen, it's like an entire post in itself. Also, even though I have no problem with you wishing to end it like that; this part is a problem and a serious misplay of Alexander:Legal or not, he would have never stood by and done nothing. As you pointed out, he is not a noble, other than by marriage, so respecting the right of a duel, especially one brought on by the grief of a funeral...

That just wouldn't have happened. Someone would have had to physically stop him from attempting to put an end to that duel. I'm not kidding either. Anyway, at this point it doesn't matter. Also it sounds like Harriet didn't last long after that which means long before Beth's post... there would have been a funeral for her as well.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Funnily enough Darren, that's exactly how I pictured it, I probably just didn't elabourate enough. Alexander would have gone to try to stop the duel, while Leonhart and Albrecht would have held him back, with Bavaria explaining the legality of it and that he cannot interfere, regardless of his personal feelings. I thought it was a good way to get a "normal" person's view on something that would be not quite common, but acknowledged as "proper" among the nobility.

As for Harriet, well, "not long" meant about a year or so, which I think I established with Josh beforehand when I planned this, so I imagine she'd see little baby Daedalus and then pass on peacefully in her sleep maybe a week or two later, satisfied that the family will continue.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Wait... what?!? o_O I honestly don't get that idea at all Gavin. Not that I'm objecting to you doing it [[SIZE="1"]well maybe a little but only because it makes no sense at all[/SIZE]] since Dwalish is your character after all.

Also, are you trying to make Victoria Ann hate Dwalish? You do realize she's not going to understand or accept that, even when she gets older. [I]Ever.[/I]

And just to be a brat since that's my job these days... you didn't post it so... I'm going to pretend it never happened. :p [spoiler]I'm not kidding by the way, that whole idea felt like it came out of nowhere.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I'll shut up for now... but still.[B] o_O[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Funnily enough Darren, that's exactly how I pictured it, I probably just didn't elabourate enough. Alexander would have gone to try to stop the duel, while Leonhart and Albrecht would have held him back, with Bavaria explaining the legality of it and that he cannot interfere, regardless of his personal feelings. I thought it was a good way to get a "normal" person's view on something that would be not quite common, but acknowledged as "proper" among the nobility.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]What an absurd family, to stand by and not only do nothing, but to stop the only one there who has the sense to do something about it... It's a good thing that a lot of that is going to change with the government being restructured along with other aspects like the police and so forth. You can bet that one of the first things Alexander is going to do is move to have that bit about duels being legal revoked. :p

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Wait... what?!? o_O I honestly don't get that idea at all Gavin. Not that I'm objecting to you doing it [[SIZE="1"]well maybe a little but only because it makes no sense at all[/SIZE]] since Dwalish is your character after all.

Also, are you trying to make Victoria Ann hate Dwalish? You do realize she's not going to understand or accept that, even when she gets older. [I]Ever.[/I]

And just to be a brat since that's my job these days... you didn't post it so... I'm going to pretend it never happened. :p [spoiler]I'm not kidding by the way, that whole idea felt like it came out of nowhere.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I'll shut up for now... but still.[B] o_O[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, I knew someone wouldn't like it, me ruining the relatively happy ending. But I don't really get by what you mean it doesn't make sense Aaryanna ? Do you mean it doesn't fit with Dwalish (because I think taking into account his character and recent events it does) or just it doesn't fit with the story ?

As for Victoria-Ann hating Dwalish, I always thought she'd have hated him for taking Harrison with him to the military and away from her. Now she probably really hates him though. ^_^;

Just OOC, does anyone else feel it doesn't fit ? If most people think so, I don't really mind removing it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']What an absurd family, to stand by and not only do nothing, but to stop the only one there who has the sense to do something about it... It's a good thing that a lot of that is going to change with the government being restructured along with other aspects like the police and so forth. You can bet that one of the first things Alexander is going to do is move to have that bit about duels being legal revoked. :p[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, careful now Police Chief, just because the King happens to be making things more democratic doesn't mean you New Czenoble peasants have the right to go tell the nobility what to do, if we feel like solving thing with violence rather than words, in the name of personal honour, it's our choice. Seriously though, does Alexander have the power to change laws as well as enforce them ? Sounds like he's trying to step outside his powers there. ^_~[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Just OOC, does anyone else feel it doesn't fit ? If most people think so, I don't really mind removing it.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Please leave it, I've already written up over a third of my post and if you change that, I'll have to scrap what I've written so far. If I have to do that... I just might have to hurt you. No, scratch that... I [I]will [/I]hurt you. :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin;813023][SIZE="1"]Just OOC, does anyone else feel it doesn't fit ? If most people think so, I don't really mind removing it.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I'll admit that I do find it startling, but I wouldn't go so far as to remove it. I got the impression that surprising is what you were aiming for, so in that respect it fits.[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"']Heh, careful now Police Chief, just because the King happens to be making things more democratic doesn't mean you New Czenoble peasants have the right to go tell the nobility what to do, if we feel like solving thing with violence rather than words, in the name of personal honour, it's our choice. Seriously though, does Alexander have the power to change laws as well as enforce them ? Sounds like he's trying to step outside his powers there. ^_~[/SIZE][/quote]I'd be careful there... one of those nobility, Catherine to be exact. Would actually support a motion to do away with such a law. She might have stood by while it happened, but in the same way she seized the opportunity to create a job for Dame Anna. She'd seize the opportunity to help do away with a custom that she sees as being barbaric. ;)

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]Again, excellent post Gavin. Thank you again for your commitment to the RPG so far. I guess it's just Indi, Muse and myself left!

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]And now, it's just you and Muse, so get posting you two!

Also, even though I didn't explicitly go into the details in my post, what Gavin said in his OOC [[SIZE="1"]which was really a post due to it's sheer size[/SIZE]] is exactly what happened. I saw no reason to respell that out when he already did so.

So... in less than eight months, Harrison lost everyone in his immediate family other than Dwalish... Thanks a lot Gavin! [/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']I'd be careful there... one of those nobility, Catherine to be exact. Would actually support a motion to do away with such a law. She might have stood by while it happened, but in the same way she seized the opportunity to create a job for Dame Anna. She'd seize the opportunity to help do away with a custom that she sees as being barbaric. ;)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]After what happened at the funeral, I think Dwalish would probably be one of Catherine's biggest supporters on that front.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]So... in less than eight months, Harrison lost everyone in his immediate family other than Dwalish... Thanks a lot Gavin! [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'd just like to point out Sandy actually killed Helen, not me... Can't really dodge responsibility on the others though, heh, at least he still has family though. And just remember, Harry was going to end up with Macey and Gustave and [i]someone[/i] objected to that. ^_~[/SIZE]

[size=1]

All done! I wanted to give Henry a happy sort of ending, since in most of my posts I abused him a little bit... :animeswea So yeah. Morphia and Henry reunited, a totally sappy ending.. perfect love story. Except for all the killing and trauma and whatnot.

Obviously my post takes place before a few other of the ending posts, pretty much right after the climax of the RPG, so hopefully that doesn't confuse anyone![/size]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Heh, I knew someone wouldn't like it, me ruining the relatively happy ending. But I don't really get by what you mean it doesn't make sense Aaryanna ? Do you mean it doesn't fit with Dwalish (because I think taking into account his character and recent events it does) or just it doesn't fit with the story ?

As for Victoria-Ann hating Dwalish, I always thought she'd have hated him for taking Harrison with him to the military and away from her. Now she probably really hates him though. ^_^;

Just OOC, does anyone else feel it doesn't fit ? If most people think so, I don't really mind removing it.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]o_O Uh... I was just giving you a hard time. ^^ I don't want you to change it, even though you did surprise me a lot with what you had in mind.

I'm sure Victoria Ann will eventually get over it... but right now Dwalish is not one of her favorite people, not by a long shot... XP The logic of a kid who doesn't get why two adults fought over something she thinks is stupid.

I feel sorry for Harrison though. >_<

Also... [B]O_O[/B] Shy posted! We're at the end OMG! Shock! Hehe! [quote][size=1]?[B]Are you kidding?! I?m only eleven years old and I helped save the whole country![/B]" she said proudly, "[B]Just wait and see what happens next year![/B]?[/size][/quote]I wonder if you realize how much that bit made me laugh Shy. Fun! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I'd just like to point out Sandy actually killed Helen, not me... Can't really dodge responsibility on the others though, heh, at least he still has family though. And just remember, Harry was going to end up with Macey and Gustave and [i]someone[/i] objected to that. ^_~[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]That totally wasn't me. I just wanted everyone to know that.

Half of me is sad to see this rpg is over and the other half is dancing a merry jig. Now board thee the Von Braun.[/FONT][/COLOR]