OtakuBoards

Little Deaths

Raiha

[I]*falls over laughing* [/I]

I think Korey is going to wish he hadn't killed Indi once he realizes who his new master is, and just what will happen should Allamorph ever feel truly annoyed with him. =P

[I]*laughs some more* [/I]

I really do love how you ended that. It's perfect.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]Two very enjoyable stories D'Ann, although I have to say, the first one was certainly one of the best stories you've ever written for Little Deaths. The tension and pacing was superb, as to quote Darren, very creepy to the point where showing the death was unnecessary for the reader. Great work.

If you're up for it, I'd like to request my own death. The setting is a decayed near-future version of Solo's Enter the Net Otakuboards (O-City), characters are, aside from myself, whoeve you choose as part of the special narcotics branch of OCPD tracking the distrubution of a new electronic drug called "Buzz". The circumstances of the death are at your discretion also, but should occur just before a dinner between the two of us to celebrate my making lieutenant in the OCPD.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Quick question though....why does Chibi want me to die? I might like Allamorph...[/FONT][/QUOTE]

You silly! I have no wish for your death, but this is a very interesting plotline and I hope for it to continue. But that recquires a...sacrifice...

And according to most of the other members, you wouldn't have a fun time with Allamorph. Now that that's all cleared up, DIE FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT!!!:p

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Blue][INDENT]The young one learns fast. Such things do not go unnoticed.

–A[/INDENT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Quick question though....why does Chibi want me to die? I might like Allamorph...[/FONT][/QUOTE]I think you're overlooking an even more important question... why did Allamorph purchase you? =P Whether or not you may like him is irrelevant.

Oh and no doubt about it... you just got pwned by chib- master. :p

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]My day started out normal enough, wake up early, even before my wife, kiss her cheek as she slept, shower, get dressed, and report to work. Sometimes I wondered why, even if I was about to be promoted, just why we kept it up. It was like re arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. We were going down. And when I got the reports on the new drug "Buzz," I could feel that old fear clamp down on my neck and start to shake me. We would never win.

My partner was looking over the remaining files, Petie was always good at that. He flashed me one of those tired grins that said it all and we began crunching the numbers, looking for a definable pattern. Sure this was the job of forensic financial analysts, but OCPD's ridiculous budget cuts in the past six years had made our lives far more difficult than was really warranted. My wife tried to keep my spirits up. She was always writing, always laughing, making me tempting dinners even when I had no appetite, but what to do?

Buzz. Technological advancement gone wrong, capable of infecting anyone when they're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Aggressive takeover of consciousness, morality, completely addictive, utterly destructive. I winced and flipped through the next sets of hard data the men upstairs had unceremoniously dumped in our laps. Petie paused while scrolling through spreadsheets and tapped the screen, pulling it onto mine. [/i]

"See that? They keep shipping to the same place. I cross checked with the docking times at the pier."

"You think they're moving more than the upstairs brass thinks?"

"Think? I know."

[i]His almost intolerably smug expression was completely warranted, so I let him have it. Six hours later we piled into the car, kept running only by the sheer genius of Neil's mechanical skills and possibly the TLC of Korey over at Maintaining and Deployment. Stupid upstairs takes forever to validate anything, preventing us from moving too quickly, always covering their asses. And just as we were reaching the docks, our clothing concealing our weaponry, both of our cells began to ring. He and I picked up at the same time, and answered automatically. Nothing. The lines went dead and I blinked. The caller ID was blocked, and as I flipped over my phone to check the sim card lodged in the back I felt cold steel pressed against my temple.

In the driver's seat, Petie sat, his cell phone in one hand and his piece in the other. His smile was gone, instead he looked a little sick. And the muzzle kept jittering and shaking against my scalp. I slowly looked over my left shoulder at him and froze when his hand immediately steadied.[/i]

"How long have you been on it Petie?"

"Six months. I just jammed your cell signal. I led you here. Soon you'll be floating face down and I'll be going home, to rape your wife. She'll be screaming my name all night long."

[i]The blood surged to my face, and I could feel my body heat up against my will. The way he coldly announced to me his plans, the way he spoke of my wife made me want to reach across the e-brake and rip his lungs out. Then I heard Raiha's voice in the back of my mind, reassuring me. Reminding me who had taken her to the range every week, taught her how to use a speed loader. I forced myself to relax and calmly respond.[/i]

"Have a nice trip Petie. Hurry up and give me a hole in the head. It'll make you feel better."

[i]He laughed, uproariously, and I debated making a move for his gun, when he suddenly went quiet, pulled the trigger, and blew my brains out across the passenger side of the squad car.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

Well that was interesting. I wasn't expecting the killer or rather the person affected by the new drug to be Petie no less. That's an image I don't usually associate with him. Though at the same time, that gave it more of a feeling of shock when he pulled the trigger. A feeling of "what the hell?" when you realize who's going to do Gavin in.

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Wow... when you told me I was in this one, I was not expecting this. The story was good though and it was sort of interesting (in a slightly creepy way) seeing myself in a role exactly opposite of that which I played last time. I'm just not so much looking forward to my, at this point, completely inevitable death in some upcoming story (assuming Gavin's last thoughts were really foreshadowing future events).[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Very nice job D'Ann, I was actually considering making the partner/murderer segment specific in the request but I wanted to see what you'd do with it. Having Petie do the job was a bit of an eyebrow raiser, heh I have to admit, I'd probably never have guessed he was going to be the one to do me in, as Rach said, it's just not a role you associate him with.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Lord Allamorph barely registered the presence of his newest servant, as bequeathed to him by the Lady Indi upon the event of her tragic death. Korey was quite pleased at this and did his best to be as unobtrusive as possible. The creeping, gentle way that his numerous servants padded around his manor spoke to that. They reminded him of rabbits in a warren, carefully going from one place to the next, not drawing attention to themselves unduly, speaking only in the softest tones when verbal communication was necessary.

Pressed into service as the new chief cupbearer, Korey tasted drink after drink that passed through his hands and unto the hands of his master. As he did he constantly had to remind himself to bob his head as he did and murmur a quiet, [/i]"As your Grace pleases."

[i]The servants quarters by night were so very quiet, he could hardly stand it. At least in the [dreaded] Lady Indi's house a certain amount of quiet chatter had been permitted. But perhaps the biggest change Korey noticed was that Lord Allamorph permitted his slaves to purchase other slaves with tips of their own for their own private use or to perform tasks that Lord Allamorph expected of their servants. The matron of the kitchen, Vithuri'il had purchased a male servant to chop wood for the ovens every morning and to haul it to the various bedrooms for the fireplaces. And he knew that the majordomo had purchased a young woman for his own personal use. But as a servant starting out in his capacity, he had yet seen no cash come his way.

Instead, he saw work work, and more work. When he wasn't endlessly tasting the variety of exotic drinks Lord Allamorph demanded throughout the day, he was cleaning with the other servants the enormous amounts of marble floorspace and cherry hardwood furniture and fixtures. Sometimes he wondered just what would happen if he stopped and laid down to take a nap, but his curiosity was sated when a little boy slave, Lrb, accidentally did fall asleep while he was polishing the silverware.

Like a wraith, Lord Allamorph was upon him in an instant, the willow switch in his hand savagely cracked against the boy's knuckles, jerking him out of his repose in an instant. Without another move, he swept off and left Lrb and Korey to their work again. Korey worked his way over across the large hutch he was buffing and muttered.[/i]

"Are you well?"

"I'll be fine. His Grace is merely upset because one of his cats was eaten by a dog the other day."

"He keeps cats?"

[i]His question however went unanswered. Vithuri'il swept by with her male slave in tow and turned her sharp eyes towards them and saw a renewed vigor in their endless cleaning. Later that week, while he was wrestling a large urn filled with wine down into the cellars he lost his balance and fell down the stairs and was crushed to death. Lord Allamorph however didn't notice. He had other matters to attend to, his beloved feline to mourn, and guests to entertain.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']That was perfect!:animesmil

You had it comin', Korey! You little Indi murderer, you!:p[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]New request: The death of Chibi-Master. I would like to see something along the lines of an ironic death, if you would be so kind ^_~[/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Chibi had always liked cows. Their soulful doleful big brown eyes. Their charming waddling way of walking. All the black and white and tan horns and pink noses. It was wonderful to sit on the fences and watch the cows. Aimlessly wandering from tuft of grass to the shade of the beech trees. Little did she know that the impending doom that would soon befall her.

It started in the morning. Her mother asked her to feed the chickens, and she bounded out the door with the pail of grain and mash for the chicks. Her brother then asked her to take the thermos of water to her father in the fields because he wanted to gather the eggs instead of make the trek out to the cow fields himself. And Chibi did, knowing that on the way back she could make a detour from going though the corn fields to the cow pastures instead. Nobody would have to know and she could probably just fake a lizard bite.

Oh the follies of youth.[/i]

"So you'll do it then?"

"Course I will."

"I think you'll just stare at the cows all afternoon. Someone else should do it."

[i]She ticked off her fingers as she listed the ways that wouldn't work.[/i]

"Ma's cooking lunch, Dad's already out there, you want to gather eggs, I don't mind the walk, and Cissi isn't going to get back from school for another month."

"Oh whatever."

[i]So there she was, lugging the heavy thermos of water, condensation beading around the metal rim, ignoring the mud clinging to her bare toes. And she skipped along happily despite the weight.

On the way back however, while watching the cows, she was headed for the house, walking backwards all the while to keep the beasts in her view. Then she tripped, fell, and landed on a hoe. Then she died of a subdural hematoma. It was quite tragic.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]Then she tripped, fell, and landed on a hoe. Then she died of a subdural hematoma. It was quite tragic.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Plot-twist.

[SIZE="1"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']That has to be one of the strangest deaths I've seen you write. Seriously. o_O[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I had to read it again twice more just to make sure I'd read it correctly originally, and even now it's still very much o_O.[/SIZE]