OtakuBoards

What do you look for in a relationship?

Rachmaninoff

Companionship, caring, and affection.

Those three are what I really look for in a relationship, intimate relations and physical attraction come later and will often develop once the first three are found.

The other thing too is I don't really care for drinking, but I wont put up with smoking as the smell irritates me very quickly.

As for their habits, it helps to have at least some things in common or at least have related interests, though I find that some people do better with a bit of a gap in interests so that you aren't outdoing each other all the time and you both have things you are good at that the other isn't.

What interests me though is how I wasn't looking for a relationship at all and I kind of stumbled upon it one day, and now am glad I did.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oi, relationships. I can't stand it when I have to call someone, I ****ing hate phones >_> So I like someone who won't call me, I mean, once is okay, but everyday is just bull, and annoying.

As for looks, she has to look young. Plus, small tits, I mean really, what's the big deal about big ones? All they do is jiggle like bowls of ****ing jello, and that's just weird. Also big shirts and sweaters, my dream girl [I]MUST [/I]wear big shirts and sweaters. It just makes them look so much cuter >_<[/COLOR]

[quote name='Tical Blue'][COLOR=DarkOrange] Plus, small tits, I mean really, what's the big deal about big ones? All they do is jiggle like bowls of ****ing jello, and that's just weird. Also big shirts and sweaters, my dream girl [I]MUST [/I]wear big shirts and sweaters. It just makes them look so much cuter >_<[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Haha, I agree. Except I don't tend to pay attention to size. I'm one of the few guys I know that actually looks at a girl's face when she talks to me, and not her chest.

Anyway, I agree about girls choosing guys that treat them like ****. Girls, you do it. Whether you notice or not, you do. And since I can't bring myself to be anything but polite and respectful to women, I'm alone. :animesmil
Not that I mind, I've learned to not be so codependant.

I guess besides that, I'd like to be with someone closer to my age. Everyone I've been with so far has been 2 or 3 years younger than me. Maybe even older, for a change of pace. 2 to 3 years isn't much, but it feels kinda weird.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Tical Blue'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]As for looks, she has to look young. Plus, small tits, I mean really, what's the big deal about big ones? All they do is jiggle like bowls of ****ing jello, and that's just weird. Also big shirts and sweaters, my dream girl [I]MUST [/I]wear big shirts and sweaters. It just makes them look so much cuter >_<[/COLOR][/QUOTE]How can you be 16 and yet sound like a pedophile? :p I mean seriously. *shudder* No offense, but that post has me wanting to run in the opposite direction from where ever it is that you live. [spoiler]Seriously, don't get offended, but I wonder if you realize how shallow that came across as.[/spoiler]

Anyway, it does bring to mind how much I hate having someone focus more on what I look like instead of getting to know[I] me [/I]the person. So that's definitely something I look for, someone who isn't too hung up on outward appearances. [/FONT]

And you've just met 2008DigitalBoy Sabrina. Though that does beg one question, why the hell he's using that older account. And yes, he's a perv. :p You know it's true DB.

But anyway, I agree, looks may be important but I've had my share of meeting girls who were adorable but personality wise? *shudder* No thanks.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I can't believe I haven't responded to this, as I've read through it multiple times.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]For the most part, I look for the same things in relationships, whether for love or for friends. Anyone I'm going to hang out with needs to have a sharp wit and thick skin. I'm a smart-*** and tend to be blunt beyond belief. I don't believe in sugar-coating things at all. That is probably the single most important thing. I can deal with you in small portions if you can't handle that, but you won't be hanging out with me as a friend. If someone is easily offended, they won't deal with me for long (most people seem to think I'm a real *******, although that is, in all reality, likely far from the truth).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Of course, there needs to be some common interests. Most of the friends I have right now are because of Dungeons & Dragons, which has proven to be an absolutely awesome way to meet people. Intelligence is also a must. I'm not necessarily saying above average (though, admittedly, I prefer that), but people I hang out with need to at least speak in a competent manner.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]With friends, age is not an issue at all. Quite a few of my friends just hit their 20s within the last year, while others are nearing 40. Love on the other hand, they've got to be within 3 or 4 years (if I'm older). Anyone younger, and they're pushing the legal boundaries, which is my main reason (better safe than sorry). I've only dated one girl older than me, and that was by 2 years. Unfortunately, she passed away, or I'd likely still be with her (not that I don't love my fiance, but I'm just as brutally honest with myself as I am with anyone else).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Anyone I hang out with has to be tolerant of things that much of society is not. I will not hang out with anyone who is racist or homophobic or sexist. While I'm a white straight male, I'm very, very accepting of people as they are, and people who can generalize their hatred in such a severe manner just make me want to hurt them.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]For love, there does have to be a physical attraction. I'm not looking for a model of any sort, but I've got to be attracted. That said, I don't have some predetermined female ideal of any sort. The only thing that's really set is non-blonde and of medium or smaller build. I'm sorry, but my gf better way less than I do (unless she is my height, but I've only met two girls my height in my life). Shallow, yes, but true. Part of that is just because I like to pick my gfs up out of randomness, and I tend to get very unbalanced when carrying more than my weight. The other part is just me being shallow and not really being attracted. And the non-blonde thing has absolutely nothing to do with the preconceptions of blondes. I just don't find blonde as attractive most of the time.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]On a side note to DB: I really, really hope you made that post to intentionally rile people up. Because that has to be one of the most tasteless things I've read in a while.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='MoyakuKeramushe'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]On a side note to DB: I really, really hope you made that post to intentionally rile people up. Because that has to be one of the most tasteless things I've read in a while.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]No, those are actually his tastes.

And [I]please[/I] let's not get him off on another "I'm proud of how effed up I am!" spiels. This poor thread doesn't need that. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]No, those are actually his tastes.

And [I]please[/I] let's not get him off on another "I'm proud of how effed up I am!" spiels. This poor thread doesn't need that. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's genuinely creepy. Though in a way it is good that there are a balance of different tastes, like I used to tell the girl I am with now before we got together "There's always someone who would love you, no matter how you are."

I do know I like some of the cute stuff, but I also like girls that have curves as well in addition to having a good mind and some related interests to my own.

As for height and weight, I don't worry about height much, but I am actually rather proud to love a girl who weighs more than I do. It doesn't stop me from picking her up from time to time, mind you I don't often because it is a bit awkward, but it still is possible. She's got real shape to her body too.

And her interests and personality are quite compatible with mine, which is a good thing. We've been together for soon to be a year already.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Ugh... DB.

I myself would love a girl who listens and loves a lot of the bands I do. To me music is a big connection, it's one of teh biggest ways I get out my feelings, and I like a girl who won't judge me if I seem too 'emotional' for a guy. I also like a girl who isn't' afraid to cry to or with me, I'm not good at helping someone who's crying, but i try my best cause when someone cries I also get sad.

Also, I admit, I can be perverted, and I like a girl who doesn't judge me on that, or a girl who is perverted herself. I say, not do most of the time, so need to worry there. I also like girls who don't hate my friends, and who can get along with them, it makes me feel comfortable. And I don't' care about the parents really.

As for looks, I like a girl who dresses in dark clothes, I don't really care about size, I really like a girl who's around my height. For me, 'opposites attract' doesn't cut it for me. I have to be with someone who I can relate to. Bra size adn stuff like that doesn't matter. I do like big boobs, but I don't need to have someone with them, love is about, well her, not [I]her[/I] if you follow what I mean.

And yeah, I can be very effeminate with some of my lady friends.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

There's nothing wrong with being a little perverted, as long as you don't go overboard with it. Some of the best conversations I've had with my GF are a little on the perverse side. But if nothing else they always prove to fun to have and to laugh at after the fact.

I suppose more then anything I'm a romantic at heart. I know it's kinda sappy and a little pathetic at times, but I can't help it. It's the way I am. I like to doing little things for the girl I love and I like to see her response, regardless if it's awe or just amusement. What with it generally tending to be the latter and all in her case. Sometimes this causes me to question my own masculinity. Again, kinda pathetic, I know, but still.

I also have a high tendency to be kinda affectionate at times. I'm not neccesarily fishing for sex or anything, I just like that kinda closeness sometimes. Oh god, I think I hear someone coming to revoke my gender. Anyway, it's just the way I was brought up. I have a very close family and I'm used to being close with people I care about. I'm not uncomfortable with it, even if some people are.