Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
The transcript for Teh Silly Circus! It's missing! I wanted to read that. Nuts.

Time for another go, maybe?

EDIT: I think I should add some content here. I went to Otakupedia and was browsing around. I found the page on Teh Silly Circus and thought it would be fun to read the transcript. I clicked the link and got a 404. So, does a copy still exist? And should we try to do another record-breaking chat session sometime?
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]Desbreko could answer this question far better than me, but having said that, even if it were actually gone from the site... someone would no doubt have a copy of it.

So I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. ^_^;[/font]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Excuse my ignorance, please, but what is Teh Silly Circus?:confused: It sounds pretty important...once again, sorry...:animeswea[/QUOTE]

There's an Otakupedia article on it. Basically what it was is a marathon chat session by OB members in AIM. It lasted over a week and went down in otaku history as quite awesome indeed. I was unfortunately not around at the time, so I didn't get to participate.
Posted
[quote name='Aceburner']Don't try too hard.;)

[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/otakupedia/?p=84"]http://www.otakuboards.com/otakupedia/?p=84[/URL][/QUOTE]

YOU POSTED THE ARTICLE ON IN THE FORUM?! THAK YOU!!! *squeals like a 5 yr. old*:excited: After reading, I REALLY wish that I could have been here!:animesmil
Posted
[color=#4B0082]My local copy was lost in one of the many hard drive crashes I've experienced lately so if the one on my old OtakuFiles site is gone then I'm not sure if it still exists. Hopefully someone else saved a copy of it.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]My local copy was lost in one of the many hard drive crashes I've experienced lately so if the one on my old OtakuFiles site is gone then I'm not sure if it still exists. Hopefully someone else saved a copy of it.[/color][/QUOTE]

Well that sucks.

Maybe we'll have to start another marathon chat, then.
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Just thought I'd pop in and say that Teh Silly Circus wasn't just a marathon chat that lasted a week. Sure, that was probably the first Silly Circus but after that pretty much any OB chat that was created was called that. And there used to be a lot. And they went late into the night. :animesigh[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[size=1]Lady Sphyx roxx, that's why there's a star in her name. Plus, she's got friends in high places.

Teh Silly Circus was about everything and nothing altogether. People tried to remake it but they didn't get much further than half a day or something. I should know. :p

[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Boo'][size=1]Lady Sphyx roxx, that's why there's a star in her name. Plus, she's got friends in high places.[/size][/QUOTE]Or in favor of being [I]less vague[/I], until she recently retired she was a staff member herself, the star was in her custom title and I assume that Desbreko moved it to her member title when she retired.

Anyway, 8bit is right, OB chats still occur, but they don't last anywhere near as long. Don't know if they are as insane or not though, but just about any chat I've been in that has more than two people seems to be nuttier than hell. lol
Posted
[size=1]Well, that's the point. It has been in her moderator title for ages and now it's in her member title. I wannit too![/size]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Hey, Lady Asphyxia. How come there's a star before your "member" thingy?
And back on topic, what was Teh Silly Circus even about, anyway?:confused:[/QUOTE]

It was a chat that I created. I was bored, Desbreko always on his messengers, etc. So I decided to see if we could make the chat last a week and it did. It scared Dagger away from using AIM altogether. Hehe. I guess I could make another chat but that means some hard effort from others. College is a lot more demanding than high school.
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Or in favor of being [I]less vague[/I], until she recently retired she was a staff member herself, the star was in her custom title and I assume that Desbreko moved it to her member title when she retired. [/quote]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Heh, it was always in my member title. It replaced 'of'. I never had it in my custom title. I don't think I ever had a custom title. :p

The basic reason for it is that I am, of course, the coolest person ever, no?

As for Teh Silly Circus -- I miss OB chats. Do they not happen any more or am I just not involved?
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Lady Asphyxia'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Heh, it was always in my member title. It replaced 'of'. I never had it in my custom title. I don't think I ever had a custom title. :p[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]Sure you did, instead of Member, you had Senior Moderator of Cultural District. :p A custom title until you retired. But since you are one of the coolest person's ever, that star stayed around. [/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Lady Asphyxia'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Heh, it was always in my member title. It replaced 'of'. I never had it in my custom title. I don't think I ever had a custom title. :p

The basic reason for it is that I am, of course, the coolest person ever, no? [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]That is what I was thinking, I just didn't word it right. You had a custom [I][B]member[/B][/I] title. And yes, you are one of the coolest people ever. :p
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I remember the whole star thing being brought up before in a thread. Des said something along the lines of Lady A [i]doing something[/i] that nobody else has [i]done[/i]. Apparently if someone else does whatever it was she did they too could get a star.

But who knows if he even remembers what it was. xD[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][I]I [/I]remember what it was. But if I tell, [I]everyone [/I]would know. And then, no doubt, everyone would want to get one. And that is just not fair. Because I am awesome. /discussion[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]I remember why I gave it to her. No one else is going to get one just for repeating the same thing though. That would be boring.

Also, I really don't want to repeat the ordeal that led to it....[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I remember why I gave it to her. No one else is going to get one just for repeating the same thing though. That would be boring.

Also, I really don't want to repeat the ordeal that led to it....[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Des, you should give yourself a small golden triangle. :p

It [I]would[/I] be cool if there was a kind of secret event/objective that led to someone getting a star or some other symbol. Maybe like once a year? I dunno, I guess it's entirely up to Des.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='8bit][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]It [I]would[/I] be cool if there was a kind of secret event/objective that led to someone getting a star or some other symbol. Maybe like once a year? I dunno, I guess it's entirely up to Des.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Or how about no, and we let Lady A. stay amazing [I]and[/I] unique? :)[/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...