OtakuBoards

Your Caffeine Fix

Zen

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Well, as unhealthy as it is, most people have a fix of caffeine to get them through the day, or atleast to jump start them.

For some it's coffee or tea, others its soda and energy drinks. What's your favorite caffeine fix?

For me, I'm partial to the occasional Mocha Cappucino for when I want to be fancy and warm myself up.

Other times, I'll settle on a simple soda, like my favorite, a can of Pepsi cola. It's gotta be cold though, otherwise I just can't do it. Warm soda = chalky mouth.

I drink southern sweet ice tea more than anything else. Orange Pekoe boiled in a large pot, put in two gallon jugs, filled with water and a cup of sugar per jug, then placed to cool in the fridge. Usually served with ice, I drink it like water nearly everyday of my life. Its like Kool-Aid to me. Love it.

But my favorite, over all else, is a cool can of [b][COLOR="Green"]Mountain Dew Amp[/COLOR][/b]. Preferably in Tall Boy (or Big Rig if I'm feeling frisky). It contains B-Vitamins, Maltodextrin, Panex Ginseng, and Guarana (which contains over two times more caffeine than coffee beans, apparently). I'm aware that it will probably end up failing my kidneys, but the stuff is just so good, and it works. Its definetly the closest thing I have to a substance addiction. I love the stuff. It's easily my favorite energy drink (though I do enjoy the occasional NAS or Vault) and probably my favorite beverage period.

What about you?[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]My most beloved mistress, [B]Mt. Dew.[/B] I have one once daily. Otherwise I drink energy drinks. I love Amp, especially the cherry flavor, and regular Amp is just as good. But more love goes to [B]Monster[/B]. M-80 and Assault are my favorite flavors. Assault tastes like cherry, and oddly enough, coke.

There's this new energy drink I get at the smallest store in town that's run by family. It's called [B]Savage [/B]and it tastes like Monster, but even better. It's not in a can which imo, is why it tastes better, things taste different in a can :/ Also, Savage steams when you open it; which is very entertaining to me. :p

Oh, btw, I'm drinking MT. Dew at the moment.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Zen][color=royalblue][size=1]Well, as unhealthy as it is, most people have a fix of caffeine to get them through the day, or atleast to jump start them.

/~/

What about you?[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]I eat breakfast.

:D[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I eat breakfast.

:D[/FONT][/QUOTE]Hehe! :catgirl: Ironically, that's exactly what I do. Nothing like a good breakfast to wake you up and get your day started.

Now for the rest of the question... I don't drink coffee or soda with caffeine. If I need something to wake me up besides breakfast, I drink some herbal tea meant to help you wake up. It works really well and it's much healthier. [/FONT]

Monster, but not the new coffe kind, I was awake all night with one o' those bad boys. I just like regular monster to get some sort of caffeine into my system to kick start my day, afternoon, and night life.
I could go without water.
But not monster, I drink so much, it must flow through my veins. I really have to kick it though, before I become dependant on it.
To late!

[color=#4B0082]I drink either coffee or tea pretty much all the time while I'm at home. My family buys bags of whole French Roast coffee beans and grinds them fresh for each pot of coffee. The beans we get aren't the greatest but it still beats the crap out of Starbucks and pre-ground coffee. I usually go through three or four cups of coffee per day.

For tea, we get English Breakfast and Earl Grey black teas—or at least those are the two I drink. Usually I move on to tea in the evenings after having coffee during the day. Right now I'm drinking Earl Grey, for example. Most evenings I go through two or three cups.

I'm long past the point of the caffeine keeping me awake or doing much of anything, though. It takes no less than about two shots of espresso for me to even feel it. Which is kind of boring, but I've always drank coffee primarily because I like the flavor anyway. Staving off the occasional withdrawal headache is good too but I can deal with those. :p

And now this has made me want espresso. I think I'll go make some.

[b]Edit:[/b] OMG yes, I feel the rush. <3 espresso.[/color]

I don't really have a fix in the morning.... (I eat breakfast, and go to school)

And we don't really get soda all day unless we want to spend our own money on it. (Not likely)

So, surprisingly, I've been cutting back on my caffeine intake. I usually have so much of the crap, that I get really bad withdrawals...

Now, the only time I have any at all is when I have some soda at home or work, (Which usually isn't that much) or whenever I go out and buy coffee.

[SIZE="1"]Nothing.

I don't drink pop, energy drinks smell disgusting, and I don't need caffine during the week anyway.

I get up and workout, then go to work. Or I get up go to class, come home, then go to work. Depending on the day.

I love coffee, but I usually only drink it on the weekend because its more convienent. I drink it because I like the taste, not for the caffine though, lol. If I want to stay up all night, I can do it without caffine.[/SIZE]

I drink soda when I can get it. That's really the only caffeine I get since I dislike the smell of coffee and energy drinks don't taste that great to me, not to mention have about 30 times the amount of caffeine in each can than I'll ever need in a lifetime.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT="Arial"][B]Fix[/B] [fiks] [I]n.[/I]

[INDENT]6. [I]Slang.[/I] An amount or dose of something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic.[/FONT][/INDENT][/QUOTE]

Inside joke, 'Morph mah boi. You need to start playing Phoenix Wright.:p

[color=royalblue][size=1]

See, I eat breakfast and everything, but I'm still a very unenergetic person. I need atleast one glass of tea in the morning otherwise I just don't feel good. And even then I'm still pretty lethargic most of the time. Usually the only real boost I get is making feeling a bit more alert, but the only thing that truely 'wakes me up' is an adrenaline rush, which is why alot of people say I look like a different person when I'm doing something physical, like playing basketball or doing martial arts.

But still, I love the taste of a good original flavor Amp and some tea. I love the stuff. I do agree that most energy drinks smell horrible (and most taste horrible, i.e. Red Bull or G-Force) but some are pretty good, like NAS and Amp. But maybe its an acquired taste, because over time, I've grown to like it more and more.

[/color][/size]

I do have soda from time to time, but I don't use it as a means to wake up or to get a caffeine fix. If I really want to wake up, I have some herbal tea that works far better than caffeine ever did for something like that. Though since I don't like how it tastes, I only use it if I really need to wake up.

Something that I'm sure I'll end up doing with upcoming finals this week and the subsequent grading and work that will follow said tests. XP

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I totally agree Japan_86, I love those things!

I have to say that since I had my second son, trying to keep up with him and our 2 year old is hard stuff so I have to say my caffeine intake has probably tripled in the last month or so. I have to say that living on close to minimum wage Monsters are slightly extravagant for us to get every time so we stick to good old coffee. We have one of those office coffee makers that makes like 30 cups at once, we go through it in a day, it's crazy, but it's mostly me that drinks it. But my energy drink fix I have to say is a Java Monster Chai Hai. But when I can't get that I just drink as much V8 as I can get my hands on. But normally with enough sleep and food in my stomach I'm hyper enough, I have ADHD and I like to use it to keep up with the kids. lol. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Haha, as it would have it, I don't eat breakfast. I don't drink energy drinks, either. (Unless you count an occasional electrolyte-filled drink as one, i.e. Gatorade, Powerade, Propel.) First of all, I don't like the bitterness that energy drinks have... It's obviously an acquired taste. But, if I was absolutely parched, I would take one. Second, my friend used to drink them like a maniac, and he stopped drinking them so much after having a bad pain in his chest one night, which we figure was from the rush of the drinks. I don't eat breakfast, because well. Either A) My stomach will kill me, which it already does most of the time. B) I don't have time!

But, I do drink from 3 to around 5 pops a night. Coke mostly, sometimes Pepsi or Sprite as well. I used to only drink Dr. Pepper, but, now I hate the stuff. Going back, it tastes like a carbonated cough syrup, and plus, it contains prune juice. Prune juice is a big no-no for me.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I have no caffeine fix. Soda just makes me want to throw up, literally. So I never drink the stuff. Coffee smells great and tastes horrid so I never drink that either. I've yet to find an energy drink that doesn't disagree with me either. So basically, I just about never get a caffeine fix. Fortunately energy usually isn't an issue for me so I don't really need one. I tend to get six hours of sleep and I'm good to go. Oh and breakfast to chase that tiny bit of sleepiness from waking away is usually good. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I failed to mention I'm also a big coffee drinker. Mostly chilled Lattes of the sort. I don't drink much black coffee. I love Mocha fraps, caps, any Java drink... etc. Instead of going to the local bar and having a good time, I'd rather go to the local Coffee/Acoustic Music/Poetry/Art place, and have a good time, lol.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Matt']My caffeine intake is non existent due to coffee tasting like crud.

:whoops:[/QUOTE]

There are other caffeinated beverages to choose from, y'know.:animeswea Although, I probably agree with the coffee part. Can't say for sure because I have never tasted it. I just don't like the smell so I assume that the actual beverage tastes terrible.:animesigh

[quote name='Matt']My caffeine intake is non existent due to coffee tasting like crud.

:whoops:[/QUOTE]

Coffee for some is an acquired taste, when I first had it I thought it tasted horrible, but now I cant live without the stuff