Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR="Red"]Hello, I'm CrimsonKnight and I was wondering if anyone here is a artist/author. I know it's a weird combination of talents, but hey, I'm one.[/COLOR]
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=royalblue][size=1]

There's actually a very large population of these types on Otakuboards, myself being one. It's actually almost common place here.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=taperson][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][B]authors[/B].

No apostrophe.

Oh, the irony.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Hey hey heeeeeyy!! [B]ò_ó[/B]

If anybody has the right to snipe about grammar around here, it's me. And I wasn't sayin' nothin'. So hush yo'self.

Ya, check out the Anthology and the Art Studio, [COLOR="DarkRed"]CK[/COLOR]. Find out who frequents down there. (^_^)[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]that is one cool emoticon.

and I am a writer of sorts. I write plays, and I kind of suck right now (especially considering how I've never even finished one because they were so nasty). but I'm going to get better and make it work.

I can also draw some pretty amazing stick figures. not trying to show off or anything.
[/FONT]
Posted
[size=1]*jumps up and down, waving hand frantically* O-o, pick me! *looks down sheepishly* Ahem. Yeah.

My two greatest passions, honestly.[/size]
Posted
[COLOR="Red"]ok, to be completely honest, i didn't expect any people to reply to this topic. i thought i would be the only one! i guess what i'm trying to say is thanks? i guess. um, to go a little further. i like writing drama. what does everyone else like to write?[/COLOR]
Posted
I am an author! My stories are based on the many elaborate daydreams that I have!The last one I was working on is up to, I believe, 37 pages at the moment. I usually daydream/write in the comedy/action genre! It's lots of fun!:animesmil
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']I am an author! My stories are based on the many elaborate daydreams that I have!The last one I was working on is up to, I believe, 37 pages at the moment. I usually daydream/write in the comedy/action genre! It's lots of fun!:animesmil[/QUOTE]

yup! that's cool. i'm not really into comedy. i'm into drama. :animesmil oh, and don't daydream too much, k?
Posted
I lost the ability to daydream quite a few years ago. However I am quite attuned to the ability to think and act randomly, living moment by moment.


Back on topic. I draw when I can and I write when I can. Usually I can't because life is too hectic. Though I do have to admit that another Otakuboards fanfiction by moi is on the rise. I have the whole story in my head. I just have to find the time to actually write it. I have a feeling that it is going to be pretty popular!

I like to read drama and romance, however comedy and action pwns all. -grin-
Posted
[COLOR="Red"]Whoa. How did we get on the daydreaming thing again. and i agree with chibi master. whoever doesn't daydream is a sad, sad person. it breaks my heart. no, wait i changed my mind. hey aceburner. question. why do you only write for school assignments? do you ever write for fun?:confused:[/COLOR]
Posted
Personally I think everyone is some form of artist/author. Whether or not we've reached the point where we are actually doing so as a career vs just a hobby is another matter. Anyway, I am an artist, but of music not drawing or graphics. I wouldn't consider myself an author though, at least not in a professional sense at all. I only write for fun so it's just a hobby and nothing more.
Posted
[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]hey aceburner. question. why do you only write for school assignments? do you ever write for fun?:confused:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Mostly yeah, it's just assignments. I try to write for fun sometimes, but it's hard for me to come up with an original concept. I usually have to get an idea from the outside.

When I get an idea that works, though, I get pretty crazy. Maybe I'll poison the anthology with one of my shenanigans some day.
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]No! :p Not really, I read far more than I ever write. Homework yes, but little else. Though I did start rpging here a short while ago so we'll see. But in general, I have no interest in doing my own story, working with others to create one? Yes. Writing one on my own? Bah![quote name='Rachmaninoff'] I only write for fun so it's just a hobby and nothing more.[/quote]And this is [I]his[/I] idea of fun! [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/overture/view/6171/sergei_rachmaninoff_-_piano_concerto_no._2/"][U]Click![/U][/URL] o_O *pokes Darren* :D[/FONT]
Posted
I'm a writer (at least that's what I call myself) but a terrible artist. I sometimes think that's a bad thing, that I'm creative with words but not pictures.
Whenever something strikes me, I write it. So I end up writing fantasy, romance, comedy or all three. I'd love to be a film writer some day but I wouldn't mind being a novelist either.
If there's anyone out there who is unsure of what to write- Just write about what you're passionate about!
Posted
meet your soulmate my friend.....i love to write.....i personally dont think i;m too good at it but....i'm also an artist, but i have a real problem.......i cant draww old men......fffffffffffffooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrggggggggggiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee me. W(@.@)W
Posted
[color=deeppink]I'm a published author.

It sucks. I wrote it against my will and it was published against my will. Stupid school.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR="Red"]For your information, fellow writers... I don't know what to say after this. All I can basically do is let out my opinion. So here I go. I hate writing stories for school. Sure, I get full credit on all of them:catgirl:, but it seems to me that when my writing talents are required to show everyone else how good I am, I lose my skills, at least to me. I write better when I don't have to. That's all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]p.s. Aceburner, I now understand why your avatar is a guy hitting his head on a computer. You are not alone, I have dial up, too.:animesmil[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]For your information, fellow writers... I don't know what to say after this. All I can basically do is let out my opinion. So here I go. I hate writing stories for school. Sure, I get full credit on all of them:catgirl:, but it seems to me that when my writing talents are required to show everyone else how good I am, I lose my skills, at least to me. I write better when I don't have to. That's all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. They tell ou to write whatever you feel like and that you have total creative reign, then they're all like "no, you need to have this many words, your story needs to have a moral, paragraphs must be this long, no run-on sentences (irony:p,) etc.

[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="DarkRed"]p.s. Aceburner, I now understand why your avatar is a guy hitting his head on a computer. You are not alone, I have dial up, too.:animesmil[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't have dialup anymore. I remember when I did, which is enough. I'm trying to get the avatar changed, though.

Also, I actually started a story just for fun. The link's in my sig if you want to check it out.[/stealthy plug]
Posted
[quote name='Aceburner']I know the feeling. They tell ou to write whatever you feel like and that you have total creative reign, then they're all like "no, you need to have this many words, your story needs to have a moral, paragraphs must be this long, no run-on sentences (irony:p,) etc.[/QUOTE]That's the whole point though, if you have creativity, then you'll have no problem doing it. It's easy to confuse guidelines as restrictions when learning that - will later on make putting those creative ideas you have into a solid format that your readers will enjoy[I] easier[/I]. Something you're already learning about with the story you are currently working on. :p As in notepad is evil and all that Jazz.

Just like all those silly exercises for playing the cello made it possible for me to do so much more. I certainly would have never gotten to where I am now without all those countless hours spent practicing those rules that are often mistaken as a restriction.
Posted
[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]*pokes Darren* :D[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Please don't do that... It confuses me too much.

Anyway, to answer the question at hand: Yes, I would consider myself and artist/author... And like Rach, who is also Darren (confusing), I will have to say that I think just about anyone can called an artist... I'm not so good at computer graphics, but I love to draw.
I also paint away the day, which is where I just go crazy on canvas until I get all my emotion out... Sounds weird, but it's actually very helpful.

On an unrelated note, I also knew this one guy from my school who welded steel statues... They were really good, I wish I could do that. (I wanted to keep one, but Mom wouldn't let me)

As far as writing, I'll simply say I'm a sci-fi/fantasy person... I'm working on my story right now. I just hope that I get to finish for once.
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']That's the whole point though, if you have creativity, then you'll have no problem doing it. It's easy to confuse guidelines as restrictions when learning that - will later on make putting those creative ideas you have into a solid format that your readers will enjoy[I] easier[/I]. Something you're already learning about with the story you are currently working on. :p As in notepad is evil and all that Jazz.

Just like all those silly exercises for playing the cello made it possible for me to do so much more. I certainly would have never gotten to where I am now without all those countless hours spent practicing those rules that are often mistaken as a restriction.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I never got to add an extra sentence to my last post there. I was going to say something along the lines of "Never kept me from not only getting an A+, but also getting the stupid thing read out loud to the class by the teacher." I forgot though. You're right, too. Besides it being good practice, the true test is taking all those restrictions and manipulating them so that they not only fit in, but compliment your grand design.

My most memorable essay involved writing an ending to a story called "The Lady or the Tiger." I went completely Deus Ex Machina on it (not the member.) I somehow got the protagonist to travel through time. When he came back, he was leading a clone army. One of the soldiers shoots him in the back, then the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece entered the scene somehow and the protagonist's ladyfriend hooked up with their cook. Then the author got arrested for copyright infringement. My teacher passed me with flying colors.

8th Grade. Good times. I miss me from 2 years ago sometimes.
Posted
Personally, I love to write for any reason, assignment or not. I love to excercise my writing skills whenever possible! School assignments and their boundaries are merely looked upon as a challenge by my creative noodle! YAY!!! Darn...now I'm hungry...:animesigh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...