OtakuBoards

Birthdays

Rachmaninoff

I can't recall the last time we had a birthday thread and since today is both Adam's and James' birthday... we can combine wishing the founder of theOtaku and site director of OtakuBoards a Happy Birthday with a discussion! But before we get into the discussion bit we'll start with this odd little video I found at youtube:

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Happy Birthday"]UeypOvsY91Q[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

The two of you better have fun today or else! Or something like that. o_O

Anyway... on to the discussion part! And that is when is your birthday and just what do you do? Or if yours has already happened this year what did you do?

Now in the case of James and Adam, not only do they share the same day, but the same year as well, so they're both 25. Something that I find rather funny since I have the same situation with Crystia/indifference. We were both born on the same day and in the same year. Though technically she's older than me. :p

As for what I do, that tends to vary every year. Usually I do something with family and friends and since it's also Halloween... Yes I was born on October 31st. There is always some sort of costume party going on.

Sometimes my family has tried to seperate the day on account of the holiday, but once I was an adult I insisted that they don't. Unless it's a case of having a little gathering on the weekend to accommodate people's work schedules. Anyway, it's never anything big, but it's always fun and I look forward to it.

[SIZE="1"]Yes, I sent a message to James at 2am this morning(my time), lol. With a little gift. I had forgotten that they were on the same day though, so I must open PS back up later. :p

I remember when they turned 21, haha.

My birthdays are usually just my dad and brother, and some gifts. Then I go to my mom's and do the same.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]As far as birthdays go, I don't really celebrate mine. I look forward to celebrating everyone else's, just not mine. I don't really care for that. I won't bring anyone down and scold them for telling me 'Happy birthday' but it's just not my style to celebrate.

And this year, on the day of my birthday- February 22- I went out to eat and then went to Karaoke. The day after, I went out to eat and then went to Karaoke. Again. Though with different people.[/size][/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Happy 25th to the Boys.

I celebrate every other year, give or take. This year it was a huge letdown. My mom sent me an IM the day before and someone called me at 2 am. I donated blood at 9:45 a.m. and took a final at 11 a.m.

But then a friend called me at 4 p.m. and told me to get dressed in a nice skirt and blouse as he was taking me to dinner in Newport Beach. I had no idea.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]Yes, I sent a message to James at 2am this morning(my time), lol. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]That reminds me... I forgot to send a thank you for when you sent me a birthday PM.

So, uh, thanks! And sorry I suck at returning PMs.[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Both of them were already wished a Happy Birthday shortly after midnight, well midnight for me that is. They'd better be having fun though. :p

Anyway, shared birthdays like that are fun, as Darren mentioned. That was what initially let to the two of us talking to one another in High School. Once we realized that we shared the same birthday and year, we ended up being friends, something that has lasted for 12+ years.

Now when I was younger my family usually held some sort of party, but when they moved back east and I stayed put in Utah that changed to doing things with friends. Like Darren mentioned, it is on Halloween so usually it's combined with some sort of costume party. It's never the main focus, but the well wishes are always nice. [/COLOR]

And here I just got done commenting on their world blogs over at theO, but you can never say it too much really. Happy Birthday you two. ^_~ And what a cute little video for the occasion.

As for myself, I don't really do much of anything though usually people I know end up having some form of gathering to wish me well. What I love best though is all the little cards I get from family and relatives living in other states. It's just nice to hear from them and I look forward to that each year.

Happy birthday you guys! I was planning on sending you guys ridiculously long IMs saying happy birthday but I got all caught up with life. :animesigh

My birthday is July 3rd. Last time I celebrated? When I was a sophmore in high school. That would make it eight years since I really did anything. Last summer I had my surgery so I was on strict bed rest. The years before I've been to Seattle to visit my brother and sister-in-law or at home doing nothing. Almost all of my friends are not even in town when that time comes around anyways. That is understandable. Independence Day is a big holiday for many and is often spent with their families out at the lake.

[FONT="Tahoma"]I'll say it again... Happy Birthday James and Adam! :catgirl:

I use to have parties when I was a kid but now I just do stuff with friends. Like going out to dinner or a movie. It's great fun since I don't really care for the big party scene so just close friends and a fun evening is great.

My parents retired and moved to Southern Utah last summer so I no longer get together with my family since I stayed in SLC to attend college. And since it's a six hour drive to get to where they are... I didn't go home last year. o_O My parents did send me a nice care package last September though, which was fun to get.[/FONT]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,JAMES AND ADAM!!! *Throws cake, candy and a pinata at them*

Anyway, my birthday is October 18. I usually have a sleepover and it's lotsa fun! I was born the day before my dad's birthday. I [I]LOVE[/I] to celebrate my friends' birthdays! Being able to celebrate my friends' birthdays reminds me that I have such wonderful friends to celebrate with! I don't think my birthday's too important...it's the day that the earth was cursed with my existence...or at least, that's what the voices in my head tell me. HA HA!!!:animesmil But I guess that my birthdays are nice in the way that I can spend them with my best buddies! YAY!:animesmil

[SIZE=1]Happy belated birthday to James and Adam! I don't really know either of them, but it's always nice to have a birthday message.

As for mine, it's on the 10th January, which is a little too close to Christmas for my liking, but I can deal. Usually I'm at college on my birthday, so I have maybe a couple of presents in the morning, then the rest when I get home. This year was my 18th, which is a pretty big one in England (it's the legal drinking age), so I went and celebrated with my brother and my parents. Then a few days later when it was the weekend I went out for my first legal drink with a few friends. I didn't really do anything special, as my birthday came slap bang in the middle of the exam period at college, so I didn't have a gap to have a really big blowout.

All my friends are turning 18 this year as well, so we've had a rush of big birthdays recently - it was my best friend's girlfriend's birthday today, so we're going out celebrating tomorrow.

We have this tradition in my group of friends where someone has to send the person who's birthday it is a text message exactly on midnight to wish them happy birthday. I was the one who sent the message this morning, which meant I had to stay up, but High Fidelity was on TV, so I had something to occupy myself.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Well, it's a bit belated due to computer problems, but happy birthday you two, it obviously goes without saying that without you two, OB would be around for us to congratulate you on.

As I believe my account says, my birthday is February 23rd, yep, the day after Rev, which is a cool little fact I didn't know about, or at least, didn't remember. Usually on my birthday my family and I go to a restaurant and have a nice meal, then either the preceeding or following weekend, whichever is closer, I tend to go and get fairly drunk with my friends and have an equally good time.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Well, it's a bit belated due to computer problems, but happy birthday you two, it obviously goes without saying that without you two, OB [B]would[/B] be around for us to congratulate you on.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:p

Anyway, I up and greeted James on AIM last night to wish him well, belated though it was. Then I had to go to bed, because He was hogging my sunlight over there on the other side of the world at the time. And now I have stolen it back.

I must harness this concept. It will be key in my conquest.

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"]I'm not much for my birthday really. I usually try to avoid it at all costs. I managed to get away with nothing but a cake this year. I just don't think of it as that big of a deal. I didn't even bother getting drunk for my 21st b-day (as a matter of fact, my first and only time drunk was this New Years Eve).

That said, Happy B-day to both of oyu, even if I'm a bit belated here.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Today is my birthday! :] Ah... I don't celebrate so much... I get cash... I spend it. I hang with friends, that's it. Actually my two, what I would call "best friends'" birthdays are also in May. Sweet... and they're both related to me. But I guess that has nothing to do with it...

I'm pretty excited. I bought a keyboard with my money... and... Well. I'm happy.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
[color=darkgreen][font=garamond]Happy birthday everyone.

Every birthday I have had in the last six years I have always got up, jumped on the net and screencaptured the bottom of all my forum's homepages where it says my name in the birthday box.

There, I said it.
[/font][/color]

[quote name='Ravenstorture'][color=darkgreen][font=garamond]Happy birthday everyone.

Every birthday I have had in the last six years I have always got up, jumped on the net and screencaptured the bottom of all my forum's homepages where it says my name in the birthday box.

There, I said it.
[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I do the exact samething... o,O

Happy birthday to the both of you anyway![/size]

Happy birthday Ace...Yeah I'm drowsy from watching the third Pirates movie till very late last night. Did you know that they have these cool slurpee cups out now? So cool!

Happy Birthday America! Mmm, gotta love Independence Day