Lunar Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [COLOR="Red"]Here is maybe the best question ever asked. If someone was born on the 30th of february and the next year february only had 28 days does that person have a birthday? i mean i know they [I]have[/I] a birthday, but when is it?:confused:[/COLOR]
DeathKnight Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]If someone was born on the 30th of february[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [color=crimson]Then they would be using a different calendar than the one we use since February goes from 28 > 29 in a leap year, but is normally limited to 28 days. For people born on the 29th of February, I've heard that it is celebrated March 1 or Feb. 28 usually when there is not a Feb. 29 to rock out on.[/color]
Vicky Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [SIZE=1]In my town we burn all the babies born on the 29th and 30th of February. It avoids confusion for the simple minded, teenage-pregnant chavs out there. (though I do know someone born on the 30th of February and I never asked him...)[/SIZE]
Rachmaninoff Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]Here is maybe the best question ever asked. If someone was born on the 30th of february and the next year february only had 28 days does that person have a birthday? i mean i know they [I]have[/I] a birthday, but when is it?:confused:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]No birthday. People born on that day are figments of one's imagination and do not exist. Or you could go with Vicky's explanation. Seriously though, as DeathKnight said, those born on the [I]29[SIZE="1"]th[/SIZE][/I].. they just celebrate it on either the 28th or the first of the next month.
Aberinkula Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]It must be fun to mess with others and say like, I'm only 4 years old! Cause in reality you're 16, but divide that by 4. (every four years is a leap year)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Shy Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [size=1]My Great-Grandmother was born on Leap Day, and she was technically younger than I was when she passed away. Calendars are so weird. -Shy[/size]
MajorSarcastic Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 I fail to comprehend how this is the 'best question ever'...I've pondered this before and have found my answer, as DeathKnight and/or Vicky have already explained.
Gavin Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [SIZE="1"]Somehow I was expecting more from the title...[/SIZE] [quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]For people born on the 29th of February, I've heard that it is celebrated March 1 or Feb. 28 usually when there is not a Feb. 29 to rock out on.[/color][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]Quoted for truth and laziness.[/SIZE]
Retribution Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 [quote name='Shy'][size=1]My Great-Grandmother was born on Leap Day, and she was technically younger than I was when she passed away. Calendars are so weird. -Shy[/size][/QUOTE] [font=Arial]Yeah, my Grandmother was born on Leap Day and loves to tell everyone she's 22.[/font]
Lunar Posted May 29, 2008 Author Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]wow. why would people burn babies? i mean that's on the same level as abortion. which i hate. and sorry for that person's sister who passed away. i couldn't take that well if my family passed away, no matter how annoying they get.:catgirl: DeathKnight. We need to have a talk. first you take the last part of my name Crimson[I]Knight[/I] and then you steal my favorite color. tell me, deathknight, do you admire me?:smirk:[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [COLOR="Purple"]Oh, and p.s. death is a part of life, but for that to be your name, are you obsessed with it? are you emo??? *gasps* Ha! got ya. just kidding. hope i didn't hurt your feelings, and if that was against otaku rules, i'm sorry. please don't give me another refraction. i just had to add something else. that's all. and overly happy people don't like talking about death! take that into consideration.:animedepr p.p.s. purple is also my favorite color, so don't try to say that just because red is the color of blood, i'm obsessed with death as well. goodbye![/COLOR]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 This question reminds me, apparently Leap Day Weddings are pretty popular, too. Seems pretty stupid to me. Think about it: you forget your anniversary, you might as well go out and pick out a grave site.
Lunar Posted May 29, 2008 Author Posted May 29, 2008 [COLOR="Red"]:animedepruh, yeah, aceburner. where's the story you were supposed to write with ME in it? are you *sniff* excluding me?:animecry:[/COLOR]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]:animedepruh, yeah, aceburner. where's the story you were supposed to write with ME in it? are you *sniff* excluding me?:animecry:[/COLOR][/QUOTE] Nyeh? You're in there! Check the end of case 1.
Lunar Posted May 29, 2008 Author Posted May 29, 2008 [COLOR="Red"]oh. i thought it was in the second one. question are you a boy or a girl? kinda hard to tell by your avatar. i wonder this about everyone. i don't like not knowing stuff.:animeswea[/COLOR]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]question are you a boy or a girl?[/COLOR][/QUOTE] I am a guy. Though I understand your confusion. I almost changed my avi to Konata the other day.
Allamorph Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight][COLOR="Purple"']Oh, and p.s. death is a part of life, but for that to be your name, are you obsessed with it? are you emo??? *gasps* Ha! got ya. just kidding. hope i didn't hurt your feelings, and if that was against otaku rules, i'm sorry. please don't give me another refraction. i just had to add something else. that's all. and overly happy people don't like talking about death! take that into consideration.:animedepr p.p.s. purple is also my favorite color, so don't try to say that just because red is the color of blood, i'm obsessed with death as well. goodbye![/COLOR][/quote] [FONT=Arial]And that, ladies and gentleman, was the entire gamut of the emotional spectrum in sixteen point one six four seconds. But yeah, I've never heard of the 30th of February (possibly for a good reason), so whoever was born on that day has my complete sympathies.[/FONT]
Gavin Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Purple"]Oh, and p.s. death is a part of life, but for that to be your name, are you obsessed with it? are you emo??? *gasps* Ha! got ya. just kidding. hope i didn't hurt your feelings, and if that was against otaku rules, i'm sorry. please don't give me another refraction. i just had to add something else. that's all. and overly happy people don't like talking about death! take that into consideration.:animedepr p.p.s. purple is also my favorite color, so don't try to say that just because red is the color of blood, i'm obsessed with death as well. goodbye![/COLOR][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"][CENTER][IMG]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Facepalm.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] I really want and at the same time, really don't want to see Ken's response...[/SIZE]
TheShinje Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 I'm grabbing popcorn and a tall glass of soda for Ken's response. :p
Lunar Posted June 2, 2008 Author Posted June 2, 2008 [COLOR="Red"]uh-oh. i have the feeling that something bad's goning to happen. who's ken?:animedepr:confused:[/COLOR]
Gavin Posted June 2, 2008 Posted June 2, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]uh-oh. i have the feeling that something bad's goning to happen. who's ken?:animedepr:confused:[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]That would be DeathKnight, it's not going to be bad per say, it's just his response will probably involve a measure of sarcasm.[/SIZE]
Lunar Posted June 8, 2008 Author Posted June 8, 2008 [COLOR="Red"]OH, SUGARHONEYICETEA! sorry, ken/deathknight. actually, now that i think about it, i'm not. give me what ya got! i ain't scared of no little punk.:smirk: [/COLOR]
Aberinkula Posted June 8, 2008 Posted June 8, 2008 [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]He's not a little punk, he's older than you [/SIZE][/COLOR]
OMNOMNOMALY Posted June 8, 2008 Posted June 8, 2008 [quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]OH, SUGARHONEYICETEA! sorry, ken/deathknight. actually, now that i think about it, i'm not. give me what ya got! i ain't scared of no little punk.:smirk: [/COLOR][/QUOTE] [font=georgia]HAHAHAHAHA! Here, have another. [img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/258/1181757230734sx4.jpg[/img][/font]
Nerdsy Posted June 9, 2008 Posted June 9, 2008 [color=deeppink]I vote we change the title of this thread to simply "Facepalm."[/color]
Aberinkula Posted June 9, 2008 Posted June 9, 2008 [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I second that notion. Am I cool yet :([/COLOR][/SIZE]
Recommended Posts