OtakuBoards

Hunter: The Reckoning: Know Your Enemy

Talon

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]But remember, my character has a routine, and that routine involves systematically checking the system every morning regardless of she was just having a nookie or not. So you might figure it out. Besides you have to ask her where the Ghast actually is first.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope my post wasn't too excessive. Remember, Vaxla doesn't often get the opportunity for things like that. Anyways, if everyone's arriving at the coordinates and I'm not posting (because I'll be away from access Wednesday-Saturday), just mention Vaxla's arrival, Talon (or anyone), and I'll post when I can. Thanks.

[SIZE=1]Just wondering, are there any supernatural beasties out there that don't mind helping us out? Or are they all out for our blood?

Also, did we ever decide on a definite location for our characters (mine, Raiha's, Engel's, Talon's and anyone else I may have forgotten who is supposed to be in the same area)? Because we've got to get to New Orleans, which is a long way from Maine, if that's where we're supposed to be. I'm guessing a plane trip or something is in order?

[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]Just wondering, are there any supernatural beasties out there that don't mind helping us out? Or are they all out for our blood?

Also, did we ever decide on a definite location for our characters (mine, Raiha's, Engel's, Talon's and anyone else I may have forgotten who is supposed to be in the same area)? Because we've got to get to New Orleans, which is a long way from Maine, if that's where we're supposed to be. I'm guessing a plane trip or something is in order?

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=teal]Yes, there -are- 'beasties' that are inherently benevolent and wish to help the Hunters. The problem with that is, sometimes the Hunter they want to talk to is soooooooomewhat trigger-happy. And the crawler infestation and the Ghast issue right now is occuring in Maine. Plane travel is to be arranged.[/color]

[quote name='Indi][COLOR="Indigo"']It's not obvious in my post, but my character is not located where the rest of you all are having fun. That will come later, so if you all could not include me in your posts unless I tell you to, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Still stands, by the way. I were told to. :D

Also, I left a few words out of that verse. Flaherty tends to misquote things.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]*child-like head tilt*

What's a 'gaunt'?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]One that didn't bother to get capitalized.

[B]Edit:[/B] Or, on second thought, it could be a concept I haven't yet finalized and accidentally switched with another. The creepy-meter remains the same, though.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Talon][color=crimson']Cue motive for everyone to begin flocking in the same general direction.....now. [/color][/quote]My question about the e-mail is why would people take that seriously instead of seeing it as a possible prank? Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm not seeing a reason why my character would do anything with it other than to delete it.

[spoiler]Yes I know I'm being dense, but it's just not clicking. So... explanation please? XP[/spoiler]

Oh and before I forget, I find it rather amusing that Nicholas likes donuts of all things. :D [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Oh and before I forget, I find it rather amusing that Nicholas likes donuts of all things. :D [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Why?

The boys'll be headin' north to the drop-box before lookin' towards Lawsiana.

And I second the e-mail thing. But I think I might have a way to address it.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Book Antiqua]My question about the e-mail is why would people take that seriously instead of seeing it as a possible prank? Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm not seeing a reason why my character would do anything with it other than to delete it.[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]Shhhhhhhh! There is no reason, just plot devices.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Allamorph;818415][FONT=Arial]Why?[/FONT][/QUOTE]Probably on account of [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR]'s post. It was just really funny that he wanted a donut. lol [quote name='P.J. McKrafty'][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]Shhhhhhhh! There is no reason, just plot devices.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]But it's easier to be creative if you have some clue what's going on. I don't like something happening just for the plot's sake if you know what I mean.

Obviously you can't avoid it to some extent, but there needs to be [I]something[/I] that tells him he needs to actually pay attention to the message.

This is the era of e-mail spam! I get tons of messages that I don't even bother to open so I just don't see it working at the moment. ^^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]My question about the e-mail is why would people take that seriously instead of seeing it as a possible prank? Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm not seeing a reason why my character would do anything with it other than to delete it. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I completely understand. Your character seems more level headed than most of them, so it makes sense that you would be struggling to figure it out. I'm not even sure why my character is going other than the fact that I wanted to for the sake of the story... *runs off to check what P.J. said in his post* Nope, no help.

I'll just pretend that he wants a chance to test out his other possible vaccinations against the nasties and he doesn't want Martin to get himself killed. I mean, all of the hunters pretty much know it's a trap. They just don't care. Err, maybe it's because they're all a bit psychotic after hunting for so long.. :animeswea

I don't know, but I'm sure you could come up with something.

[SIZE=1]Jackson's been doing this for over 20 years, a lot longer than any of the other characters, so he's got strong instincts about this kind of stuff. As I said in my most recent post, he doesn't know for sure if the message is genuine, but he's not taking any chances. He also knows that if it is real, then it's probably a trap, but I just haven't mentioned it in my posts.

But, as Darren says, he's been at it for so long that he doesn't really care if it's a trap or not.
[/SIZE]

[color=crimson]The e-mail isn't just a plot device, it's a test of your characters' resolve. You're Hunters, sworn to prevent the spreading of the Darkness. You've been fighting creatures out of your own nightmares for -years- in most cases, and you're part of a network that exchanges information in the hopes of making the Hunt a little easier, making the freaks a little less mysterious. Suddenly, somebody pops up with that e-mail. They hint that they've been watching you, and they know your identities. Your network has been compromised. But for how long has it been compromised? Could someone, one of those Hunter-Net handles, be a freak? Could they have been watching you, or worse, feeding you false information about their weaknesses and strengths?

Under those circumstances...can you honestly afford -not- to check Rue Decatur in New Orleans? Can you live with the knowledge that your absence might damn -all- Hunters, and thus Humanity, to the freaks just because you got a little skittish, or a little skeptical? You fight freakin' -zombies- for damn's sake. There ain't much you shouldn't believe in, now![/color]

Yeah, but Vaxla's first thought when she saw the message was still 'bullshit'. So I gave her two reasons for going. One is to investigate and find out what the message is about, and whether or not it's accurate, even though she's relatively certain there's nothing to it. She's going anyways for the second reason: the vampire nest that was located in the area. She figures that if she takes out a vampire nest, it won't be a wasted trip no matter what else happens. Those of you whose characters are'nt obsessed with killing vampires may need different reasons, though.

Oh, and obviously, I've got Internet access again.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I still don't buy it. But then my character is educated and very logical, even with the insanity of the imbuing and knowing about demons. He hasn't been doing it for decades like some of the others, it hasn't even been a year yet for him. So he probably thinks one of them is poking fun at him since he's new and a bit naive with his lack of knowledge. I believe that's called Hazing and therefore a stupid prank in his mind. :p

I'll think of some reason to get him to go there though, I'm just saying that right now, he sees it as nothing more than a stupid prank. About the only reason I see that would work is him using it as an excuse to take a short break from the hunter business since he hates the damn visions that he gets since he can't fully control them yet. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Can't play the "overly busy" card for my lack of appearance, but I can play the "brain-fried" card. Been pouring over core books for an RPG run by a friend, so a lot to catch up on and think about. So, yeah, my brain hurts. :animestun[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]I apologize for not replying sooner. I was so busy not replying to anything that I didn't get around to not replying here on time.

[/Groucho Marx]

Still, if people want to go ahead and have everyone gather without us two, that'd be fine; I can have Nicholas rewind to whatever happens anyway, so really we won't be missing anything.

Plus, it's always nice to have surprise reinforcements, no? :p[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, in another stunning example of why I shouldn't read people's posts while strung out on valium and ginger ale, I discovered that I had completely steam rolled you DeLarge! Sorry darling.

Actually I'm pretty sure that at the time of your phone call to mine, my character was barely capable of staggering up a staircase, much less talking coherently on the phone short of animal grunting noises.[/FONT][/COLOR]