OtakuBoards

Worst Bloody Movie Ever Made

ChibiHorsewoman

There are a lot, I'm sure...but the one that comes to mind at the moment is The Incredible Hulk. I'm not talking about any cartoon things, I'm talking about that crappy one that came out a few summers ago. It was the first and only movie that I had ever fallen asleep watching in the theater. I fell asleep about an hour into the movie, so I did add some of the junk to my memory. [spoiler]I didn't understand the purpose of those mutant demon dogs...they just gave me nightmares, not plot understanding.[/spoiler]

[quote name='chibi-master']There are a lot, I'm sure...but the one that comes to mind at the moment is The Incredible Hulk. I'm not talking about any cartoon things, I'm talking about that crappy one that came out a few summers ago. It was the first and only movie that I had ever fallen asleep watching in the theater. I fell asleep about an hour into the movie.[/QUOTE]

No offense chibi, but wouldn't you have been about 7 or 8 when that movie came out? If you'd ever seen any of the incredible hulk series, the movie would have fallen into something you would have expected.

As far as the virus from I am Legend being totally wrong, the whole point of the movie was it was something unexpected. So unless you can tell me they've somehow recreated the movie and have been injecting lab rats and humans with an [B]untested[/B] compound in an attempt to cure cancer recentally to disprove it you can't dispute it.

I wanted to add two to my original list, both the Boogeyman's (I and II). These could've been great movies, but instead they choose to take great possibilities and snuff them in the blink of an eye.

[quote name='Eclipsed Dreamer][COLOR=Indigo']i've never seen him on snl, though. [/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]That's because you're 14.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial][B]Superbad[/B]. The name speaks for itself. Possibly the [I][B]only[/B][/I'] funny moment in the movie was McLovin, and even that only the first time. Every other second I spent watching this movie was also spent wondering who in the world wrote the script, and what debilitating brain disorder they had self-inflicted to be able to write it.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]It was written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg when they were 15. The debilitating, yet non-self-inflicted brain disorder you referred to would be adolescence.

Now, I won't argue with your right to dislike the movie, but, don't even think about disrespecting Mr. Rogen, because when you disrespect Mr. Rogen, you are disrespecting Judd Apatow, and when you disrespect Judd Apatow, you are disrespecting the best television series about high school ever made...

Freaks and Geeks.

And I won't stand for it.

Oh, and as for Zombie Strippers, it's supposed to be bad. It's a parody of the grindhouse-esque genre.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][quote name='Mr. Maul'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]That's because you're 14.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]
oh! i'm appaled! how do you know? i'm not accusing you of being a stalker..............anyway, i've seen snl, just not him.:animeangr[/COLOR]

[quote name='Mr. Maul][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]It was written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg when they were 15. The debilitating, yet non-self-inflicted brain disorder you referred to would be adolescence. [/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Ah. You know, that makes perfect sense. It at least explains half of the fail that went into production.

Doesn't excuse it, but at least explains it.

[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Now, I won't argue with your right to dislike the movie, but, don't even think about disrespecting Mr. Rogen, because when you disrespect Mr. Rogen, you are disrespecting Judd Apatow, and when you disrespect Judd Apatow, you are disrespecting the best television series about high school ever made...

Freaks and Geeks.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
I fail to see how that is at all a problem for me.

Remembered another one!

[B]The Spiderwick Chronicles[/B].

This one is a bit on the iffy side, since it actually had the potential to be fairly decent, and usually if a movie has mildly convenient plot motivators and a few "ugh" moments I write it off as decent and never watch it again, since I'm a bit of a cynic. But when you have drama points held together with a single bit of information tossed in during the drama point—especially if said point would have functioned PERFECTLY WELL without said bit—then I tend to start groaning and finding something else to do.

Case: the "hero" of the story knocking holes in the wall with a broom handle because he saw/heard something running through it. First of all, having just moved into the house, this is an incredibly stupid thing for [I]anyone[/I] to do, so I can see a bunch of stress on the mother's part (who we already knew was having difficulty convincing her kids that this was all good). But then we toss in this line: "I thought you were over hitting things when you were angry". The set-up from him whacking the car bumper outside was [I]not enough[/I] to justify beating holes in sheetrock with a broom handle as a 'fit of anger', and indicates an attempt at frustration of the hero (the Boy who cried Wolf deal) that was stretched too thin.

Case: the eldest sister fences. Granted, there are people who do fence in their spare time, but this inclusion felt like a blatant effort to insert swords into a neo-fantasy setting that would have been [I]much better off[/I] without it. At least that way the three kids would have been forced to rely solely on their ingenuity. Besides, you can pull a better metaphor out of the main characters not being able to kill, and the evil minions trying to kill them anyway. The light/dark contrast isn't exclusive to the Christian sector, y'know.

(Maybe I should start referring to the people in Hollywood as Jesus-phobes.)

I could go on, but that would most likely end up going on and on and on and on until you all wanted to kill me. So.[/FONT]

[size=1]Seriously, to whoever said that [I]I Am Legend[/I] was well done... That film just sucked so terribly it made me cringe. And for such a big-budget movie, the CG in it was píss-poor! They must have spent most of the budget on Smith (And he isn't half the uber-awesome actor that everyone makes him out to be). One of the most hyped-up films recently and it ended up being a big-bufget B-Movie. To sum up, [I]I Am Legend[/I] = Epic Fail. ¬_¬

A recent one for me is [I]The Godfather[/I]. I started watching and it bored me to sleep. Seriously, considering this film is legendary and supposedly the greatest Mob/Ganster film ever made (or some **** like that), it was pretty tame. I mean it had old women singing and dancing in some language I don't know for the first 20 minutes. ¬_¬

And just because no-one's mentioned them yet, pretty much any straight-to-video/DVD/TV film made by Disney.[/size]

[quote name='Lady Asphyxia'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][B]Date Movie. [/B]Worst 110 minutes of my life. And I had to pay $12 for it, too. So I basically paid at least $1 for every 10 minutes of ****.

Never again. [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]That's when you go up to the ticket people and say: Hey, I know it's not your fault, but since you all can't give me those minutes of my life that I wasted and will never get back thanks to that movie, can I please have my money back?

It works every time.
[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]That's when you go up to the ticket people and say: Hey, I know it's not your fault, but since you all can't give me those minutes of my life that I wasted and will never get back thanks to that movie, can I please have my money back?

It works every time.
[/color][/QUOTE]
Um, I don't know what movie theater your going to, but if it's near me, I would gladly go on a regular basis. :D
I've never been to the movies where they would give me a refund... And actually, now that I'm on campus, I don't even have to worry about it. The union here on campus has a theater and they screen movies for free every weekend. In fact, we got an advanced screening of Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist last Friday... And I'm pretty sure the union theater will be one of the few "select theaters" where Choke will show... (And since it's all FREE, I'm happy)

The Golden Compass. I saw it because I was curious (there was a fuss over people trying to get it banned here) but ended up disappointed in it. The actual movie started out fairly well and the steam punk imagery was neat. But it was pretty clear before long that if you hadn't read the book, you weren't going to know what the hell was really going on. So I managed to watch it to the end but it wasn't worth it. At first I though, meh, worth watching once, but the more I think about it, the more I lean towards the thought that it would have been better if I had never seen it at all.

[quote name='Darren']Um, I don't know what movie theater your going to, but if it's near me, I would gladly go on a regular basis. :D[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Well I haven't been to a horrid movie up here in New York (yet), but down in Killeen Texas I did get a full refund on The Hours because I fell asleep during it. I really went up to the ticket counter asked to see a manager and told them that the movie was really bad and I wanted my money back. Of course that could just be because the manager figured if he didn't keep customers happy everyone would stay on base. Seriously the movie theater in Killeen was the only one in town off base unless you wanted to drive twenty miles to Temple.

I think the theaters here would give a refund because they have a lot of competition, there are at least twelve different movie theaters within a seventeen minute drive depending where you go. So it'd hurt the ones here because they'd lose business.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Hands down, I would have to say [B]Phone Booth[/B].

I saw this a few years ago when a friend of mine had rented it to watch on his birthday. I found it utterly crass and tasteless. It was nothing but an excuse to insert the F-word or some other such epithet every five seconds. While I have nothing against swearing (for the most part), I feel that a story that is riddled with that many curses is just displaying the scriptwriter's lack of imagination.

As someone in film school I'm not going to be sucked into your "Battle of Opinion" but I'll only say this for a movie to be good certain plot devices must click at certain times and certain character arches must fall and rise as specific times. It's more of a math problem then anything else. If a movie has the right formula, no matter what the context of it is, it will be a good movie.

Anchorman is hilarious.

"Neato gang."

[SIZE="1"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']The Golden Compass. I saw it because I was curious (there was a fuss over people trying to get it banned here) but ended up disappointed in it. The actual movie started out fairly well and the steam punk imagery was neat. But it was pretty clear before long that if you hadn't read the book, you weren't going to know what the hell was really going on. So I managed to watch it to the end but it wasn't worth it. At first I though, meh, worth watching once, but the more I think about it, the more I lean towards the thought that it would have been better if I had never seen it at all.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Motion seconded. I loved the cinematography and the steam punk world that was created... but when I actually reviewed the movie in my head [and smothered the 6 year old in my head cheering for fighting polar bears]...there wasn't much in the way of plot. I'm sure it would be a more significant as a book, but I felt that the scriptwriters just slapped together all the "exciting" scenes and assumed we'd guess most of the deep plot and such by ourselves.

It seems that a lot of recent movies are based on SF/F books [yay] but they've been cut short or altered to appear friendly to the movie going crowd, which is a two edge sword. I'm all for awesome and win in a movie, but not at the expense of the script.

"The Seeker: The Dark is Rising" is my example. Started of unbelievably well with a convincing example of a believable family, and then it just fell to bits. Christopher Eccleston was completely wasted as a generic badguy, and the plot didn't make much in the way of sense. Things were rushed [ie: The older brother suddenly becoming an evil guy and wanting to kill his younger sibling...and a dozen other things], and there seemed to be large gaps and places where the plot was papered over.

Sigh.

It's completely put me off actually reading the books...

[B]EDIT[/B]: [b]Asphy[/b] Surely you would have known what you were in for? [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Superbad? Man, that movie was hilarious. I guess you all are just so mature that it offends you, I don't know.

The worst bloody movie ever made?

Easy.

Michael Bay's Transformers.

What the hell was that crap? Seriously. As a fan of Transformer goodness the movie was garbage. All of it. I liked not a single piece of that film. First off you got Jazz, the obvious 'black' Transformer from the G1 series acting like a damn fool.

"Sup, lil' *******. This looks like a cool place to kick it!"

Huh?

Then in the middle you have daddy Prime.

"No, Ironhide! You know we don't hurt humans! Whats' with you?!"

Then he goes ahead and says; "Oops, my bad" after stepping on some dumb lawn piece.

The humans with some grenade launched SABOT rounds were the ones to defeat most of the Decepticons in the latter half of the movie while the Autobots got pummeled. Stupid. And even when bot-on-bot action came on screen you couldn't see anything and didn't know what the hell was going on.

What the hell happened to Barricade? He just decide to leave?

Then, obviously, their look was outrageous. Looked like utter crap. You got Starscream looking like, what, a silver..machine..man? No red, no blue. The only reason you knew it was Starscream was because Michael Bay was balls deep in marketing his creations. I hate you Michael Bay.

Worst movie ever made. Hands down. Period. Don't try and justify it. It was garbage and that little list is just the TIP of the iceberg but I'm too heated to continue. Screw the sequel.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Superbad? Man, that movie was hilarious. I guess you all are just so mature that it offends you, I don't know. Grow a pair.

The worst bloody movie ever made?

Easy.

Michael Bay's Transformers.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Or maybe just maybe some people don't have that sense of humor- I know I don't... ever since I was twenty-four I just don't. :rolleyes:

And I only watched Transformers for two reasons 1.) my co-worker stuck it in the DVD player at work and 2.) I think Shia LaBeof (or however you spell it) is easy on the eyes.

Another bad movie Dare Devil. Yes that's what I said. Glad I didn't waste my money on it. Yeah the soundtrack was good, but the rest was just so unmemorable.[/color]

[size=1]I agree wholely with everything silpheed just said. And probably everything else that would have been listed. It haunts me how that crappy, people-centric film has a Transformers label on it.

¬_¬

EDIT: Especially at the Micheal Bay comment. That man is a tool! He turned down Frank Welker as Megatron because it didn't sound manical enough... Has he not heard the man speak?! I swear![/size]

[quote name='silpheedpilot][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Superbad? Man, that movie was hilarious. I guess you all are just so mature that it offends you, I don't know. Grow a pair.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Typically, when a guy grows a pair, it's called maturing. Most of us already [I]have[/I]. But hey, if that's what gets your groove on, far be it from me to call [I]you[/I] immature. That'd be, like,....

...immature. Hmm.

I would almost say [B]Happy Feet[/B]?but not only would I have a whole bunch of happy people instantly at my throat, but the movie did in fact have one or two redeeming moments. Basically, any time Robin Williams was talking was appreciable. But that was about it.

Transformers . . . I could go either way on. I wasn't too fond of the portrayal of Optimus, either, and the fight between them was a little disappointing. Token hot chick was token, happy-time mother was moronic, and I think the scriptwriters tried to focus far too much on making some sort of story emerge from the human characters. And even though I did enjoy about half of the movie, I [I]also[/I] say screw the sequel. I did not appreciate the obvious hole left open for more storyline.[/FONT]

[size=1][b]Vampires Vs. Zombies[/b]. Download it or something.

It's one of those horror movies that attempts to put an erotic scene in every page of the script. The effects were so bad you could see the ketchup in the background, the dialogue was a shoddy waste of ink and, granted that the film was low budget and I only paid four pound for it, I've never laughed so much and the pure crappiness of something. It's obscure for a reason - IT'S CRAP! This, above all, is the worst movie I've ever seen. I'll never watch a vampire and zombie movie again for fear of an erotic scene wherein a zombie goes down on a vampire...

...seriously don't even ask.

Amongst the modern films are [b]Day After Tomorrow[/b] because there was [i]truly[/i] too much scientific knowledge in there for my brain to fathom. [B]Disaster Movie[/b] was a waste of a student discount and I only lol'd, vaguely, at the chipmunks. All the [B]Scary Movies[/b] after the second one... and all the spinoffs of that. [B]Mortal Kombat: Annihilation[/b] used to be a favourite movie but now I see the error of my ways and want to kill myself before watching that again...

And [b]Nightmare Before Christmas[/b]. I don't care what anyone thinks because, personally, it's the most IRRITATING piece of rubbish I've ever seen. If I ever hear one of those songs again...

(And all the Harry Potter movies. As well as all the books.)[/size]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Typically, when a guy grows a pair, it's called maturing. Most of us already [I]have[/I]. But hey, if that's what gets your groove on, far be it from me to call [I]you[/I] immature. That'd be, like,....

...immature. Hmm.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]If I could touch you in real life I'd probably punch you in the chin but, unfortunately, you're right and I did type something pretty stupid.[/SIZE][/COLOR]