OtakuBoards

Coffee!!!

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff]Blame Allamorph because I am. I wanted a coffee thread because I don't think we have a coffee thread and we need a coffee thread. Hey, the lounge needs a caffiene boost and I'm doing my part.

So, coffee. Do you like it or dislike it? How do you like it? When did you find out you had an addiction or at least a sudden desire for coffee? Yes as you can see this thread is off the top of my head.

As for myself I never really liked coffee until I started taking my home health assistant course while I was cleaning planes until 3AM and needed something to keep me awake. There was a Delta Sonic across the street from where I was taking the course and I decided that since coffee is cheap and caffienated I'd go buy some. After I completed the requirements for New York state I still loved my coffee. I especially loved when thye people I was taking care of gave me coffee. I had a German couple where the husband made French press coffee every morning- damn that was good!

Now I still need my coffee- at least when I have to be up before 8AM. I really like Tim Horton's coffee and usually get a medium hazelnut double double on my way in to work since there's a Tim Horton's right around the corner from where I work- which is probably the case for most people.

And I don't think I have an addiction. So, what about anyone else?[/color]

I drank coffee until I joined up in the guard. Through basic training of course there was no coffee to be found, and afterwards when I got to tech school I sort've enjoyed the feeling of not being slave to it.

I learned something from one of my instructors that really helped me. Simply put, water can really help. Of course it can't give you that quick boost coffee can, but if you keep yourself hydrated it aids with mental clarity and is both better for you, and better at keeping you awake then coffee.

Im not a medical expert to make an official call that it works that way. It very well could have just been something that doesn't work at all, but the thought of it makes it work, sort've a subconscious thing. But either way, I haven't had a cup of joe in years. Though after my trip to England I've been big on tea, the best kind've tea? Green tea ice cream from Korea, yes I know not really tea, but hey its good.

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]I'm waiting for the one night I'll be overloaded with work and I'll drink my first cup of black coffee and experience the wonders of caffeine.

But I would never drink it for fun.[/font][/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]My mother once left me alone with my grandmother for an afternoon when I was maybe 2. When she came back, I was sipping away at totally black coffee. [i]Enjoying[/i] it.

(That story had no point)[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] I've never had it.

I'm waiting for the one night I'll be overloaded with work and I'll drink my first cup of black coffee and experience the wonders of caffeine.

But I would never drink it for fun.[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Don't do it at night it'll screw you up. Do it in the morning when you need it.

Like I said I drink it for work related reasons (or when I'm driving long distances) Also plain black coffee with nothing is just icky.

After the morning is done with I usually have tea, juice or milk and try to avoid soda at all costs (except for the occasional diet Pepsi or regular Coke) because I've usually consumed two cups of coffee between 6:30-9:30AM Now that I'm thinking of it there's a Starbucks across the street from the library I'm in and I really want a green tea latte. But I had one last night so it can probably wait.... Yeah :animedepr[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
I have tried coffee a few times. Never did enjoy it.

Personally, I try to stay away from substances like caffeine, after seeing what it does to people around me.

That, and I have issues with Starbucks. It just... annoys me.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I love coffee so much.

Dunkin Donuts has the best coffee ever. However, I think that just about ANY coffee is the best coffee ever. Coffee, coffee, coffee.

Unfortunately, my roommate & I are - gasp! - OUT of ground coffee! We have coffee BEANS but no grinder! We're going to WalMart soon to buy one because neither of us can BREATHE without our coffee!

This one time I went to this Vietnamese place in Boson & had Vietnamese coffee. It was amazingly sweet & wonderful... unless you forgot to stir it. Then it tasted like icky, nasty, hot juice. Yuck.

Mmmmmm, coffee![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]So, coffee. Do you like it or dislike it? How do you like it? When did you find out you had an addiction or at least a sudden desire for coffee? [/color][/QUOTE]I grew up with no coffee in the house, I didn't run into the stuff until college. When I was first exposed to it, I was surprised by how good it smells. However... that never did translate into actually tasting good. I've tried different brands, adding stuff that people recommended and I still do not like it at all. So when I really want something to wake me up, I just have some herbal tea that does that. It's not my favorite, but unlike coffee I can add a bit of sweetener and it's fine.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]I'm somewhere in the middle with coffee. I like it, a lot, but I try to not drink it. I actually broke myself off a pretty bad caffeine addiction (that was not a fun month), and I don't care much for decaf, so I pretty much avoid it. Wen I did drink it, I was more for black coffee than having any sugar or cream in it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"]Coffee is one of those things I have occasionally. I have to be really tired to even consider it. It works well enough, but it tends to leave an after taste that I just don't care for. If I need to wake up, I'm more likely to drink some soda or tea first. [/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]It's very simple when you think about it. Black coffee sucks and coffee with alot of sugar and creamer rocks!!!:smirk: I don't drink coffee, I'm not allowed to. My mom drinks alot of tea.................... as for the energy thing, I listen to awesome music and just down Sprite.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I LOVE coffee! Being an at home mom picking up after a 2 year old, a husband in the Navy and my best friend every day, feeding, changing and putting down a 6 month old I live off the stuff sometimes. I got the addiction from my father I'm sad to say he drinks it black and cold! I do sometimes too if I need it to work pretty quick but I mostly drink it with the Irish cream creamer. I am a big fan of coffee. It's a unique taste that I can't get enough of and I'll drink it whenever however I can usually. When we go to the diner in town I usually get a coffee and ice water. We have a coffee maker that can make up to 30 cups of coffee at a time and I usually make it all and drink most of it my self when I do make it. I have a huge coffee mug that is equal to 2 cups at once. It's awesome! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
Dunkin Donuts has the best coffee ever. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I'm sorry but I have to object. Tim Horton's has better coffee than Dunkin Donuts. I don't like Dunkin Donuts coffee because to me it's like there's an after taste, Timmy Ho's doesn't have that. McDonald's has good coffee too. I love their chocolate coffee drinks... yum....:love

Oh here's a tip, never drink Starbucks coffee- just get their speciality drinks. They burn their coffee beans and it's just nasty.:p

I make strong coffee- I bought some ground coffee from Wegmans and instead of measuring it out I just dump it in til the coffee filter is 1/3 full then brew it at work. I think it gets drunk. I need to go buy creamer Friday though because I work at 6AM on Saturday and Monday (SUnday is 3-11PM) I don't know how else to say it, but I love my coffee like I love my guys strong and only slightly sweet with a good tan :animesmil[/color]

• 1 year later...
My day starts with coffee.

I tend to drink it with as little sugar as possible - just enough to take away the edge, and mellow it out a tad. So, roughly 1/3 of a teaspoon. Of course, it needs milk or cream. Two creams is the best, I think. Also, I don't really like any of those flavored coffee creamers anymore. I used to like them years ago, but now I really don't want my coffee to taste like a chocolate bar - I want coffee, not minty almond something or other! If I have no choice, I'll use those powdered whiteners, but, again, I dislike those knock-off brands that leave an odd silt or film at the bottom of the finished cup.

I started drinking coffee when I was quite young, haha. Imagine an eight-year old waking up and enjoying a breakfast of Fruit Loops and coffee, while watching Saturday morning cartoons. Ah, that's the life. One day I might stop drinking coffee, but that day hasn't come yet. If I do, I still have tea to fall back on (the only things I drink nowadays are water, coffee, tea, or milk; and in summer only, iced tea). One more thing: I only have one or two cups when I wake up, and that's it for the day. Years ago, it wasn't unusual for me to polish off a pot of coffee by myself (even before going to bed, of all times), but those days are far behind me! Too much coffee makes me feel sick, now. The only times I drink more than two cups per-day are when I'm at a restaurant.

Also, cheers for Tim Horton's coffee. Edited by Pleiades Rising

I'm not a big coffee drinker on the simple fact I don't enjoy heated beverages of any sort.  Iced coffee is good though, especially the canned variety.  

I prefer Monster brand power coffee and I can't start the morning without one (or a power soda of some sort). Monster has a variety of flavors but they're all pretty good compared to other brands.  

• 4 weeks later...
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I love coffee, although I go through periods of not drinking it at all. These days I generally have coffee each morning at work, but that's all - I don't ever really drink it throughout the day.

Ironically, Australia is known for being a beer drinking nation, even though per capita we are among the highest coffee drinkers in the world. We also have among the best quality coffee in the world - better than Europe and definitely better than America (sorry, America, but your coffee is generally awful). ;)

It's interesting that Starbucks had to close many of their outlets in Australia recently, despite us being such a coffee-hungry country. That speaks volumes, I think. And for Starbucks, it's kind of embarrassing.

But anyway, the most exotic coffee I've ever had was probably a ristretto. Not many places serve it because it is difficult to make. Apparently if you order a ristretto and a glass of water, the manager of the establishment is supposed to serve you - at least, this is what is supposed to happen in a genuine coffee house. [/font]

[font="Garamond"]I've tried coffee on several occasions and I've never really developed a taste for it. Probably the same reason I don't like beer. I don't like bitter tastes from liquids. So, usually I'll replace coffee with a soda and on the rare occasion an energy drink. But I've never been to the point where I needed either of those things to be able to stay up for work or school.

However, I do enjoy the Vanilla Creme Frappucino's from Starbucks. Too bad the closest one to me is 45 minutes away in Manheim. Kaiserslautern is such a backwards place when it comes to enjoying the big city things. Sure, you'll have a soccer team, but you won't get a danged Starbucks in 2010? :whatever: [/font]

[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='30 September 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1285848675' post='700808'][font="Garamond"]Starbucks in 2010? :whatever: [/font]
[/quote]
Instead you get baker's shops every two metres, imperialist pig!

Also, coffee. The only good coffee is when it's strong enough to blast you to pieces, without anything added.

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='30 September 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1285850282' post='700809']
Instead you get baker's shops every two metres, imperialist pig!

Also, coffee. The only good coffee is when it's strong enough to blast you to pieces, without anything added.
[/quote]

The closest Backerei to me is on the other side of town. :V

• 2 weeks later...