OtakuBoards

Breaking the unwritten rules

Defcon5

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i]
[B]That is an unwritten rule...Do you think he's doing it just to spite you, considering he already knew you liked her from before? [/B][/QUOTE]

No he isn't. He told me and every other person on my bus in my grade. Including the girls best friend. Who tells her everything. He wouldn't do that. But then again if he did this then who knows what he'll do.

[QUOTE]Who has a better chance of getting the girl? And I would persue the girl even more now then before just in case. [/QUOTE]

I honestly coulden't tell you but it's pretty damn close. This girl inperticular is very [I]confusing[/I].

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]And it's not like he diden't know. He knew. He knew all to well...... [/B][/QUOTE]sooo? me and my freind did the exact same thing... he knew and we both fell in luv with the same girl but then we found out she had a bf so we both went found our perfect match... im going with renee now and hes going with cera... bahahahaha

[color=indigo]I don't understand...did he know you liked her before he started doing this? If not then it is not against that rule. Also, have you liked this girl for a long time and not done anything about it...If thats the case then you can't be mad because he has given you plenty of time to make your move...I'm confused???[/color]

[B]My "friend" has broken one of them. The one that says you shouldn't like the same person that your friend likes. And even more so if he's one of your good friends. I am so pissed right about now... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well it depends...if he is sincerely in love it is not his fault...The mind does not choose to love...the heart does!

Now if the guy just likes her...then he is a jackass and you should get that girl and kick his ***

[color=indigo]Your friend has broken the rules, but you are slacking off by talking too us...call the girl up and ask her out right this moment...I don't mean this to sound harsh, but quit worrying about your buddy and go after the girl. Your buddy already broke a rule of friendship, don't let him steal the girl you like. Ask her out right now, the worst she can do is say no...Go Get her Kiddo![/color]

[B]The one that says you shouldn't like the same person that your friend likes.[/B][/QUOTE]

Ugh... who says? If she's your girlfriend, then I [i]sort of[/i] understand... but if this girl is just someone that your'e both lusting over... give me a break; you don't own the rights to her. You can't copyright people, afterall... :wigout:

Don't be mad at your friend... Find some initiative, apply some self-esteem, and bada-bing! ..You'll win the girl... unless, of course, she doesn't like you...

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]poor defcon... i been there done that... and even worse... i had dated her before she was actually my best friend he was my probably my closest teammate, i havent talked to him since... i didnt talk to her for over a month... they broke up like i said they would... for the reason i said they would... and she tells me everyday how much she wishes she had listened to me... but yea it almost made me die... then i met someone better :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B]

Ugh... who says? If she's your girlfriend, then I [i]sort of[/i] understand... but if this girl is just someone that your'e both lusting over... give me a break; you don't own the rights to her. You can't copyright people, afterall... :wigout:

Don't be mad at your friend... Find some initiative, apply some self-esteem, and bada-bing! ..You'll win the girl... unless, of course, she doesn't like you... [/B][/QUOTE]

I know I don't the writes buy as I said. They are the unwritten rule is just something you do out of common courticy (sp) it's like in bowling when you don't bowl when the person next to you is. It's not written anywhere but you do it out of respect for others.

[B]

I honestly coulden't tell you but it's pretty damn close. This girl inperticular is very [I]confusing[/I]. [/B][/QUOTE]

What do you mean by confusing? Like, she can't make up her mind or she's playing around, or she's wierded out by the whole situation...

-__-; .......... geez louize.........

Well, you're all going to think I'm a jerk, but the guy I'm seeing right now is actually one of my closer friend's 'ex-interest'.

What's even [i]more[/i] awful is that we've liked the same guys since 8th grade (that's, err................over 3 years?). This most recent incident was almost the last straw. I forced myself to like this other guy besides the one I really liked (who she liked), so I could avoid the problem. But, I tell you, you really cannot help who you like. I told myself OVER and OVER that I was completely WRONG for liking him, but at the same time it's also hard to fake a fake relationship (the other guy I wasn't actually interested in). It was a really ugly mess for the space of about a month and a half until everything cleared up. And yeah, damage was done. These are the end results as I know them: Me and the guy both me and my friend liked have been dating for over three months (my longest relationship ever), my friend and I are still friends, and she doesn't like him anymore (she's had other interests since then, and has told me so herself), and the guy I was .... kind of... leading on.... >< got the hint before I actually told him, and found himself another girl right quick, but sadly she was........:drunk: and he wasn't happy.. v_v and broke up with her in a few weeks. I still feel bad for that one.

So yeah, I guess the point of my confession is that sometimes, it's not worth it. But, in other cases, when for some reason it matters more, you need to act for yourself, your interests. It seems heartless, but you can't let every opportunity pass you by. All the other guys that me and my friend had both liked weren't really worth it, the trouble that would come. But, after 3 years, I found one that for some reason made me want to actually go for it. And look what's happened- I have a really good relationship, and my friend has forgiven me and the issue is pretty much dead. It hasn't come without a price, and that's what you need to consider: is the prize worth the price?

heh...

Well... unwritten law or not, to end one's friendship or to even fathum thinking about ending a friendship over a love intrest is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard of...

Just warning you... Who cares if he likes her or she likes him or whatever the predicament is... They are your friends... you don't take your friends for granted... esspecially at a young age... love intrests come and go, friends, true friends, are there for life...

If I had to choose between friends and love, it'd be friends in a heartbeat... I for one don't even see a problem... are you afraid of your love leaving you for him or whoever?... or afraid of hurting him because he likes the same person you do?.... regardless... don't ruin a friendship over something like this...

well, people can't help who they're attracted to. but if he's actually pursuing her, it's a different story.

but i'd advise you to think long and hard about whether or not you allow a girl break up your friendship. perhaps you should [I]both[/I] give her up, if neither one of you is in love w/ her. other girls will come along. but please don't let horniness break up your friendship. that would just be silly.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I don't understand...did he know you liked her before he started doing this? If not then it is not against that rule. Also, have you liked this girl for a long time and not done anything about it...If thats the case then you can't be mad because he has given you plenty of time to make your move...I'm confused???[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Dang man you said it right to the point...and besides sometimes things like that happen...but really are you just liking the girl or have you been dating the girl...that right there would be a major no-no if you dated her before hand....give specifics!!!!
And also I agree with everyone else...Drop the girl keep the friend cause in time you'll see FRIENDS ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!!

Same thing happened to me, but I accepted that my friend had always been there, while we met her just a few months ago. Both of us made an agreement that we wouldn't cross the friendship line with the other's approval. Believe it or not, it's worked perfectly and neither of us wants to cross the F line with her:D

Hey Defcon, Maybe that would work for you too!

I never said I wasn't going to be his friend I am just pissed at him for now. The thing is thoughhe brings it up all the time and trys to get her to think that I just liked her for her looks. He is defenitly crossing the line. After he said that I never brought it up or anything but it seems to be his most talked about thing. Well mabye somthing will happen at the dance tonight....

First of all I would like to say: I'm feeling like a jerk right now so this might sound a bit offensive. Don't take it as such.
Now for the post...
1. If you aren't dating her...how can you claim her as your specific territory?
2. He can't help liking her any more than you can, and to say he should is ridiculous.
3. Fighting over someone you both feel lust towards is idiotic. Make an agreement if you must. Hell, if I were you I'd step aside and let him have her as opposed to fighting over it.
4. For goodness sakes, don't take some people's advice and beat him up. If arguing over her is stupid...then what would that make fist-fighting over her?

-Justin