OtakuBoards

Michael Jackson, Forever 50

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Now don't get me wrong, I'm not wild about Michael Jackson. I preferred him when he was young, black, and not obsessed with little boys.

But speaking ill of the dead is naughty, so I'll just invite your own thoughts on the issue of Jackson. Who apparently died of cardiac arrest, which is, incidentally, way less cool than how David Carradine died.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I heard that he's still alive, though just barely, but the news anchors keep speaking about him in the past tense, so who knows...:animedepr

I dunno, after learning so much about him in my 80's power point presentation, I feel kind of attached. It's sort of like an old friend might be dead...

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Is a legend, was way past his expiration date, made a lot of mistakes and vain attempts to get public attention when he could've politely just not made a spectacle of himself, etc.

It is difficult to mourn the passing of someone very contritely when the majority of people just wish he'd stayed the way he was in the 70s. If he'd done so, we'd all probably be a lot sadder.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]Nope. it's pretty much been confirmed now that he's died.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That's what I just saw on the news... Wow... You know, I can't really imagine that he's dead... It just seems unnatural for [I]Michael Jackson[/I] to be gone...

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Is a legend, was way past his expiration date, made a lot of mistakes and vain attempts to get public attention when he could've politely just not made a spectacle of himself, etc.

It is difficult to mourn the passing of someone very contritely when the majority of people just wish he'd stayed the way he was in the 70s. If he'd done so, we'd all probably be a lot sadder.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2ccwc5f.jpg[/img]

[font=trebuchet ms] Also interesting: he took down Twitter, /b/, Livejournal...probably other sites.

His death actually reminds me more of Steve Irwin's death and the big hoopla about "how soon is too soon" about making fun of someone who's died.[/font]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I am pretty upset about this news. While MJ was definitely unusual, I don't think he was unusual in a sinister way.

He was definitely a musical genius and a big part of our culture. He was also a big part of my childhood (and my parents' childhood too!)

Definitely a tragic end to what was a pretty tragic life.[/font]

I have to echo other people's sentiments in that it's kind of sad he died so young, but I really don't feel anything beyond that. I was never a fan of his music, so there's no attachment there for me.

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]I'm actually pretty sad about this. As you all probably know, Farah Fawcett died today too. Her death was different though: she had terminal cancer. Everyone was more prepared.

Michael Jackson just dropped out of the blue. He was about to go on tour in London, and I heard he'd just had a physical to get ready for it. And then he's just dead? Just like that?

A lot of things have been said about him, but I think now is the time to mourn a groundbreaking musician. I will never feel the same at Halloween when Thriller plays.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I am pretty upset about this news. While MJ was definitely unusual, I don't think he was unusual in a sinister way.

He was definitely a musical genius and a big part of our culture. He was also a big part of my childhood (and my parents' childhood too!)

Definitely a tragic end to what was a pretty tragic life.[/font][/QUOTE]
This. I grew up listening to his music and watching his videos. Mimicking the dance steps to Thriller and Beat it. (It's easy :)) Even though he had some problems, I still listen to his music till this very day.

RIP Mike :(

[quote name='Magus']This. I grew up listening to his music and watching his videos. Mimicking the dance steps to Thriller and Beat it. (It's easy :)) Even though he had some problems, I still listen to his music till this very day.

RIP Mike :([/QUOTE]

And I had to do the moon walk thingy majig for the project I mentioned earlier...that made his death in a way personal, stupid as it sounds...:animeswea

[quote name='chibi-master']What's [I]your[/I] problem?:confused: Personally, I think this thread could use some humor, what with the "OMG, he's dead!" feel to it...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I think what Lunox meant was that it's a bit early for jokes that relate to his death Chibi.[/SIZE]

I was working when it all went down. I didn't find out til a customer walked in telling us, I was a bit shocked. but nothing to cry over. I was actually giving him about 10 more years but it was cut short. MJ, your music will be resounded for years to come, don't worry, you'll be making money even now that you're dead. And I hope God lets you in as your original form, because I personally like you black better.