Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"][B]Envy, Gauge Means Nothing, Asian Kung-fu Generation, Maximum the Hormone, 1000 Travels of Jawaharlal, Pillows, Polysics, Orange Range, Akeboshi, See- Saw[/B]...

It's between Envy and AKFG as for who's my top favorite. Probably [B]Envy[/B].[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[LEFT][COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]My favorites below are in no order, but I'm sure [I]Abingdon Boys School[/I] would probably still be on top, if I had to put it in order.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[/LEFT]
[LIST]
[*][B][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][I]Abingdon Boys School[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[*][B][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][I]Maximum The Hormone[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[*][B][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][I]The Pillows[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[*][B][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][I]T.M Revolution[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[*][B][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][I]Dir En Grey[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[*][I][B][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]Larc~e~Ciel[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B] [/I][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black](the song "Ready Steady Go," no others)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B][I][FONT=Book Antiqua]Crush 40[/FONT] [/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black](some of the "Sonic Adventure" and "Sonic Adventure 2" songs only)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][I][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]The Yellow Monkey[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/I][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1](Tactics only -so far-)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][B]Whatever artists and/or bands are the creators of my favorite Anime and Video Game songs, that I didn't already list.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LIST][COLOR=Blue]Boukaju[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]My favorite Japanese band is [B]Plastic Tree,[/B] although I haven't really been listening to their recent stuff. Other bands I like include [B]Ayabie[/B] and the old [B]Panic Channel[/B]. For non-visual kei stuff... I've always been a fan of [B]Asian Kung Fu Generation[/B] and [B]Straightener[/B], but recently have been a fan of [B]Hungry Days[/B]... too bad they already disbanded ^^;;[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=royalblue][size=1]
[b]Maximum The Hormone
Dir En Grey
Polysics
FLOW
The Pillows
The Loudness
Orange Range[/b][/size][/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I'm proud to say I actually saw Dir En Grey LIVE last year..... And they were incredible! I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote on my blog: [I]They were awesome. It was a small stage, so there weren't a lot of fancy special effects, but they did have this voo-doo like background with a video playing in the background as well as some lighting effects. No matter, the band was so LOUD.

Kyo, the vocalist, blew me away. I don't usually care much for vocalists, but Kyo is extremely talented. No wonder why he hurt his throat for a while. Metal and screaming isn't my thing, but this band definitely does it for me. The vocalist sings as if he's an animal descended from another world screaming a message at us. The rest of the band were incredible as well. I had no idea the bassist, Toshiya, was so freaking tall, towering over shorty Kyo. The long instrument really matched him. Die, Shinya, and Kaoru were how I imagined them to be while playing. Awesome.

The music made me feel like I was thrown into a screaming dream world. 'Nuff said.


By the end of the show we were all at least half deaf but satisfied.[/I]

I just had to re-rave about them. lol. Besides that, I usually listen to more "upbeat" bands such as Glay, The Pillows, and L'arc en Ciel for sheer enjoyment of what I think is quality music. Throw a little Surface in there once in a while because they're quite unique. Sambomaster is pretty good as well, but I've only heard a few of their songs.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[LIST]
[*]Dir En Grey
[*]Yoko Kanno
[*]Alice Nine
[*]Lolita235
[*]Arashi
[*]L Arc En Ciel
[*]Akenoboshi
[*]Orange Range
[*]See Saw
[*]Koda Kumi
[*]Uverworld
[*]Nightmare
[*]The Pillows
[*]Asian Kung Fu Generation
[*]Berryz Koubou
[*]High and Mighty Colour
[/LIST]

Dir En Grey has to be my favorite though. <3 Kaoru
  • 2 months later...
Posted
[quote name='Passispass']The Band Whoever Made The Theme song For Soul Eater

i cant seem to find the name for the band but the songs name is Resonance[/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]The band you're looking for is T.M. Revolution. I have to agree that the opening song to Soul Eater is rather awesome. I actually saw it performed live for its world premiere a couple of years ago, believe it or not.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]Why do Japanese bands always get separated? Hah, I get it. Japan= Anime. Good stuff. Music is music, regardless of country, right?

I love [B]Asian Kung- Fu Generation[/B]. [I][B]Kimi Tsunagi Five M[/B][/I] is one of my favorite albums. It has that raw feel like regular punk, but it also kind of feels like I'm hearing some other influences like [B]1000 Travels of Jawarhalal[/B] (another great Japanese band).

I love [B]Envy[/B]. Not so much their older stuff, which was just pure raw chaotic... stuff. I love the later stuff, which seemed much more melodic, and had a lot of post-rock influence. [B][I]Insomniac Doze[/I][/B] is my favorite album by them, it's nothing but pure emotional greatness. Their split with [B]Thursday[/B] was also very good, it's probably my second favorite by them.

And though I'm not one for anything that remotely sounds similar to nu-metal, [B]Maximum the Hormone[/B] is absolutely "tight". I get so pumped every time I hear [I][B]Buiikikaesu!![/B][/I].

I like some pop artists from Japan as well, [B]Nana Kitade[/B]'s hit album [I][B]Eighteen[/B][/I] is great to jam to when I'm in a good mood.[I][B]Dream Field[/B][/I] by [B]See- Saw[/B] is like a work of art.

Those are my favorites from Japan. [/SIZE][/COLOR]
  • 3 months later...
Posted
I'm not going to put them in order, except the first. All others are just in the order I think of them.
[LIST=1]
[*]Dir en grey[/LIST][LIST]
[*]Malice Mizer
[*]Moi dix Mois
[*]Plastic Tree
[*]Waive
[*]Kinbaku Shoujo
[*]Transtic Nerve
[*]Aural Vampire
[*]Miyavi
[*]Penicillin
[*]Hakuei solo
[*]Chatmonchy
[*]Danger Gang[/LIST]Yeah. :animesmil
Posted
a lot of people seem to like FLOW.
i am a fan as well, their music videos are hillarious... and half the time i cant tell if they are being serious or not, which is even funnier! the music actually being good is just an extra perk for me.
  • 1 month later...
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]I just started listening to The Gazette, now my number one favorite Japanese band. Asian Kung Fu Generation and See-Saw are also very worth mentioning, and lets not forget Showtaro Morikubo.
[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
Posted
I quite like The Blue Hearts. Bought as much of their music as I could off iTunes a few years ago, and I've loved 'em ever since. Whenever I'm feeling down, their songs really do it for me, you know? It's nice.
Otherwise I don't know if I can say I have a lot of [i]specific[/i] Japanese bands that I like. It's more like I have specific Japanese [i]songs[/i] that I adore, like "Karma" by BUMP OF CHICKEN. I guess the other favorite I have is ALI PROJECT, although I haven't bought anything new from them in awhile...
  • 1 month later...
Posted
I'm a huge fan of the Beat Crusaders, they rock....

I also kinda have a thing for Aya Hirano, The Seatbelts and Yoko Kanna, course they're all from anime sountracks, but who can fault a guy?
Posted
I like Abdingon Boys' School, Ali Project, L'Arc-en-Ciel, I've Sound, High And Mighty Color, Flow and anything to do with Yuki Kajiura / Yoko Kanno. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...