OtakuBoards

Hands Off! IT'S SAFER!

Raiha

[center][IMG]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20090830/capt.photo_1251616737693-1-0.jpg?x=400&y=281&q=85&sig=CzFpzSuq84UrpHGphFfQVw--[/IMG][/center]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]In another bold plan to combat the swine flu, teachers are asking students and such to not high five, chest bump, hug, cuddle, smooch, or in fact... ...get near each other ever. At all.

Now I'm not against preventing disease spreading, but this is the swine flu. It's as innocuous as a regular flu, without the added statistics from drunk drivers, teenage drivers, and shark attacks. Do they honestly think this would help? I'm of the mind that you should probably keep trying that cough into your elbow not your hand trick before you decide that avoiding ALL SKIN CONTACT is the next best thing.

Thoughts? Oh right, points for anyone who can repost the picture at the top with their own witty caption.

[URL="http://wcbstv.com/health/h1n1.swine.flu.2.1155084.html"]Here's the link to the story that literally made me shout [in a library no less] "WHAT THE F____ IS THIS S___?!?!?!?[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

That's like getting my two year old nephew to eat. He barely eats anything and prefers french fries and chocolate milk over anything. If it is a normal meal, he tries to feed my dog.

They can try to get little kids from touching like that but it is a lost cause.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Screw that. Bros before incredibly mundane diseases being prosecuted on trumped-up charges, yo. The high fives shall still continue and as a matter of fact, I think it's important to let sick people know how much you don't detest them. So they'll be getting the most high fives of all.

As for the caption, the only good ones I can think of are either offensive or DO NOT WANT.[/FONT]

Methinks this is a result more of worried/complaining parents than anything.

This reminds me of what some school peeps told my mom as she was getting ready to teach there. They asked her if either she or a student volunteer could wipe off the doorknobs and desks before leaving and/or entering. I thought that was a little ridiculous, but then I read this thread and... yeah.

[FONT="Arial"]If this was a hospital or some other such place, then I could understand and even support the precautions. But for a school, I just don't see it making a huge difference. They'd be better off reminding people to pay more attention to proper hand washing and other means of improving sanitation. That would most likely have better results than attempting to ban physical contact. [/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]^Woah there buddy I could possibly contract trace amounts of the flu from doing that, I don't want to DIE that would be horrible. The world revolves around me after all, so I'll opt for this instead

[CENTER][IMG]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1543/brofist.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm starting to catch on to all of this. There really is no swine flu... It all makes perfect sense.

Germaphobe Howie Mandel wants the fist pound to forever take the place of the classic high 5.

Please everybody join me in the resistance!

We've already lost one, the poor girl in the picture fell victim to the syrum that actually makes Howie seem funny. The only known vaccine is a healthy dose of Highiest Fiviest.

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]So are they just urging people to cut back or did they actually change the policy to ban it? The title of the article says ban, but the actual deal says:[quote][FONT="Arial"]But when students in the Nassau community return to school next week, the superintendent will be urging abstinence. Everyone from the tiniest tots to the biggest high school football players will be asked to limit skin-on-skin contact in an attempt to prevent the spread of swine flu when it re-emerges this fall.[/FONT][/quote]There's a big difference between being asked to limit contact vs attempts to outright ban it. Seems to me that attempting to raise awareness doesn't really hurt anything in the long run. I'd be more inclined to issue reminders about washing one's hands instead of telling people to not touch. But the article doesn't say if they'll be going over that with students or not, so for all we know, they're doing both. [/COLOR][/FONT]