OtakuBoards

The Great Rebellion – Summit

Allamorph

[quote name='Kei'][COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]The size of the squad is fine. The thing is, though, that the mission here was really supposed to be more of a precision tactical air raid, so Falkner may not (read: will not) be pleased about there being ground action involved. And since the city is already on alert and there are troops on the ground, the squad's escape might be a bit more harried than your post would lead one to believe. There wouldn't necessarily be casulaties, but you'll probably have a bit of a rabble behind you. =p[/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

I guess that part just wasn't clear. I didn't see anything in that post that indicated this was supposed to be purely an air strike. I was assuming that there'd be a good deal of that, if only because flying Pokemon are the focus of Falkner's gym, but I didn't see anything to indicate that the actual order was 'air strike'.

As for the city being on alert, Brand's squad was hitting an outlying residential area, and I didn't think there'd be too much in the way of forces there. There is, of course, a limit to the size of any force in the city, so decisions like where to prioritize defesive forces have to be made. And I figured that if nothing else, people could be moved from the outlying areas into protected areas.

Anyways, it's your choice how this all plays out, but here's my suggestion: Brand, as I've stated before, isn't a gym trainer. He's a recruit like Aesera, although he joined a good deal earlier. So I think that if you indeed want to go with it being supposed to be a pure air strike, Brand, being less familiar with Falkner's methods and ways of speaking (I'd assume most of the team leaders are gym trainers, although there would doubtless be exceptions, like Brand), simply misinterpreted the orders. I would think, then, that any... diciplinary action taken in response to a team going in on the ground would be given to Brand, as the others were just following their team leader in. Although Falkner may have something else to be angry at Aesera for (the prisoners, maybe, and of course the fact that she's still pushing treating Pokemon as equals).

There, that's my suggestion. Any thoughts?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkblue][size=1]I'll give you the residential area. There may not be as many troops out there, but there are a few. It's not entirely unreasonable not to be fully spotted.

As far as the air strikes go, as this was largely supposed to be a quick little scare strike, settling on the ground and bombing places presents too much risk in that a bird on the ground is far less likely to dodge any sort of projectile. I will admit that it was a miscommunication on both our parts, so.

In any case, what you have there is largely fine, though Falkner will still have words for the both of them.[/color][/size]

• 1 month later...
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Right, then. The RP is still active and whatnot, as proven by the bit of action that's happening up north. No one outside those in Blackthorn may be aware of it, and even then, messages from Mahogany are touchy at best, thanks to the squall wreaking havoc on the communications line.

The main reason I wanted to post, though, is for the people that aren't that familiar with the terrain. I managed to snag the HG/SS version of the Johto map from Bulbapedia, so I'm posting it here (complete with location names) for people that are unfamiliar with the region.

[url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8126/hgssjohtocopy.jpg"]Link To Map Because It's Fracking Big[/url]

So there you are. I'll be trying to find the Kanto Map soon and get it posted, too. Happy RPing.

[b]EDIT[/b]: So I finally managed to get ahold of the Kanto map, so I decided to splice the both of them together for an entire region map. Again, everything is labeled for your convenience.

[url="http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6175/hgsskantojohtocopy.jpg"][url="http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6175/hgsskantojohtocopy.jpg"]Link to Kanto-Johto Region Map[/url][/url]

Hope that helps.
[/color][/font]

• 4 months later...
pretty cool post since last time (though honestly I thought he died when the pineco self-destructed) and I am guessing that Pokemon tears isn't gonna bring him back... how sad. anyways what is going on now? the leader is kinda... gone so is the battle over?

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]That particular battle has come to a close, yes. There's a bit of an epilogue to the chapter in the works right now that should be up sometime in the near-ish future.

Anyway, this is a good time to say that now that the first chapter is actually very close to conclusion, things can be a lot more open in terms of collaborating together to make posts and further both people's stories and the storyline as a whole. Just feel free to pitch some general ideas here, or use the PM system or an IM client to talk to someone specifically. The playing field is far more open now. =)
[/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Right, so. Double post since I need to get the word out on this.

We'd like to ask that people hold off on posting for a bit until a green light is given. There are some things that need to be worked out.

Thanks for the patience. ^ ^
[/color][/font]

• 1 month later...
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Sorry about the long wait, folks. Things are all back on track, so we can start moving the story along again. For those of you still a bit lost, the resistance group has indeed been dealt a huge blow by losing Morty and now the survivors are making their way to the Lake of Rage. A lot of things are going to start happening on the continent, so it'll be time to really delve into what's going on in people's heads here soon.

Thanks again for the patience.
[/color][/font]