OtakuBoards

The Great Rebellion – Summit

Allamorph

[COLOR=Green][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]With regards to psychic abilities, all I've used so far (and all I plan to use) is telepathy.
My reasoning for giving a Misdreavus telepathy is that I always thought that since ghost types are, well, ghosts, they can do and sense things that people and other pokemon can't. Also, Misdreavus can learn psychic-type moves through natural level-up (Psywave and Psybeam), and others through TMs, breeding, and move tutors (including Psychic). So, I figured it wasn't too much of a stretch to give it telepathy.
However, I limited it to just being able to project its own thoughts; it can't read other people's thoughts (which is why Freya was physically speaking to hers- like most humans, she isn't capable of telepathy). Also, looking through its move list, the psychic attacks it can learn seem mostly to involve planting ideas (or mind-screwing) rather than mind probing, so it made sense to me.
Since Misdreavus is a ghost-type, though, I think its telepathy doesn't work in quite the same way as an actual psychic-type's would (or pokemon that are stated to have psychic abilities in the canon, like Ninetales).

I think most pokemon that are either kept as pets or battle under a trainer are capable of empathy to some extent, since they're portrayed as intelligent beings (well, most are, at least), and if you own a dog or a cat, you know that they can tell when you're not in a good mood. (They don't always care, but they can certainly tell...)
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkblue][size=1]The game isn't dead. Real life just tends to take priority. lol

People are getting (or have gotten) the information they need to keep going, so it's all just a matter of time.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]The game isn't dead. Real life just tends to take priority. lol[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]People are getting (or have gotten) the information they need to keep going, so it's all just a matter of time.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

Good to hear. Although I haven't yet gotten the information I need. But I don't mean to rush you; you're right that real life takes priority.

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I have my instructions as it were and I'll try to get something up in the next week. However, as a fair warning, my schedule after that for a good solid five weeks will be busier than hell. Allamorph and Kei are aware of the details on that. So I think I can post next week and possibly the first or second week of December but beyond that I'll be out of action until almost New Years. [/COLOR][/FONT]

so i totally lied about my posting... but i have been working 6 days a week and its draining me... i really only come on here to see if you guys did anything... but i do get a day off friday so id say i will designate an hour or two... if i cant write anything after that though it will have to wait... since i have the same thing to look forward to next week.

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I intended to post, but getting married, finals and now going on a cruise next week will keep me from getting anything done. I haven't lost interest though so I'll be looking to get something done after I get back on the 27th. Have a good holiday everyone. [/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[color=darkblue][size=1]Hey there, Kei here.

As you all are probably aware by now, the RP is still up and running. Like we said, it's a slow-moving game, so month-long lulls probably won't be uncommon. Everyone can take breathers, get their bearings, etc., et. al.

Anyway, as far as the game itself goes, if you've been paying attention, things are coming to a head in [b]Ecruteak[/b]. There is high likelihood that the climax of that chapter will be coming soonish, though, [b]Indi[/b] and [b]Korey[/b], please feel free to go ahead and post at your discretion. The fighting is reaching a high pitch, so I'm sure there is lots going on in the city streets.

As far as things going on in the other areas. [b]Blackthorn[/b] is currently mobilizing to help Ecruteak, so [b]Ace[/b], since you're with that particular unit, feel free to comment on that experience.

There will probably also be more activity in Blackthorn, as they will likely soon become involved in the coming skirmish in [b]Mahogany Town[/b]. [b]Beth[/b], [b]Gome[/b] and [b]Gymo[/b], you have that to work with should you decide to post.

In [b]Kanto[/b], efforts are still being made to secure a base at [b]Cerulean Cave[/b], so [b]Red[/b], you're still with Val at the [b]Mt. Moon Drill Site[/b]. People are in a frenzy of activity since word has reached that bad things are happening in Ecruteak.

[b]CaNz[/b], [b]Missay[/b], you two are free to move about the cabin, as it were, since you two are largely unattached at the moment.

Anyway, that's a brief overview of things as they stand at present. Any questions, comments or need of explanation are welcome. =3[/color][/size]

[FONT=Calibri]And remember, this isn't a solo gig for anyone. Working with us is encouraged, and working with anyone else in the same tangent as you is [I]strongly[/I] advised.

After all, you got several weeks at a time to work out what to post. No one's saying you gotta hash it out all by yourself in one day.[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh look another extremely unpleasant person working for the League.

I think I should justify this right now. The guy at the end is a mercenary, which is why he's even on this side of the tower. I figure Bugsy would have his men regroup and plan a strategy, or even stop attacking altogether now that the city's taken. he doesn't seem like he's too big into unnecessary casualties. This guy, on the other hand, likes to see people bleed. That's why he's attacking retreating soldiers and civilians.

I do have some plans for more sympathetic League members, as well as a possible complete jerk in the Resistance. I'll have to fine-tune 'em, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want to have happen (provided it gels with the rest of the story, of course.)[/FONT]

[quote name='Kei']
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue][B]CaNz[/B], [B]Missay[/B], you two are free to move about the cabin, as it were, since you two are largely unattached at the moment.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/quote]
yeah.. i don't mean to seem like i lost interest, i really haven't... i just don't want to mess up your chain of events by posting something not important in a completely different area, while the main battle is going on... when the fights over i will jump back in for sure.

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]Ace[/b], it's perfectly fine that you would include that at the end. It does make sense that there would be rogues and bloodthirsty people amid the ranks. There's always one person that breaks the stigma of a group somewhere in there. You're good. ;3

[b]CaNz[/b], it's fine if people want to wait until certain events have passed. We've said before it's a post-as-you-will environment here. It's no big.[/color][/size]

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT=Calibri]Something has bugged me for a good while about the Pokémon universe, but only kind of in the back of my head until this evening when I had reason to bring it up in a related discussion with [COLOR="DarkRed"]Kei[/COLOR]. I think we've come to a mutual agreement already, but I'm going to go ahead and stick this out here for a quick general discussion, see what other impressions are out there.

Basically, for the intents and purposes of this game, the entire world, all four regions included, are too underpopulated.

[CENTER][B][U]Example[/U][/B]
[IMG]http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/Carlos_Reiven/Pokemon/heartgold-soulsilver-ecruteak-city.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

This is what Azalea is laying seige to as of current canon. That's like, I dunno, maybe a hundred people? [I]Maybe?[/I] If we run with this kind of concept, the [I]global[/I] (relative) [I]population[/I] can't be over 40,000.

And I was envisioning Saffron City as 60,000 easy, just by itself.

I'd like to know who else sees this as a potential issue, and who might have a severe problem if [COLOR="DarkRed"]Kei[/COLOR] and I suddenly expanded the world to be big enough to make a war actually feasible.

'Cause, really, if the Ecruteak above were being rained on by exploding Pinecos, I'm pretty sure the siege would be over inside ten minutes.

Open Forum gogogo.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I had already made the assumption that the towns were more sizable than they appear. I was seeing the place as having at least 100,000, if not more, when I wrote up my post. Much like how the Pokemon are supposed to be more realistic. After all, the images are for a game and not done to scale in any real sense of the word, in my opinion. So altering that to fit the rest of the rp won't bother me, I was already seeing it like that.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Red"]Yeah, I was under the impression this was already being done. So...I have no issue with it, considering the anime and the many different Pokemon manga do this for the exact same reasons, unlike the games which don't need to use up much-needed memory for buildings that will serve no real purpose.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Just about any media other than the games tend to have at least 10x the population, and that's only for the small towns like New Bark or Mahogany. Also, I've been drawing a LOT of inspiration from the Special manga, so I was kind of already working under this assumption.

Question, though. Are we planning to use the Legendaries in any way here? I was going to use Eusine in my next post, and I was wondering if it was okay to include a minor Suicune sighting at the end, possibly to indicate that the Legendary Pokémon are aware of the situation. Is that kosher or should I just forget that one?[/FONT]

not sure about the legendary thing.... it could go either way, but i would like to see it.

but the cities being bigger and better is fine with me.
i cant really see it any other way, but how many people are actual trainers?

[color=darkblue][size=1]Oh, the legendaries are definitely in this world and some are active. Since Suicune is somewhat tied to Ecruteak, it wouldn't be too out of the way for a possible sighting, but any action on its part would be negligable at this point in time.

As far as the trainer population, it's moderate. People still use Pokemon in their day to day lives from anything as beasts of burden to housekeepers (I'm looking at you, Mr. Mime). But in terms of competitive battling trainers, I would say that it only makes up a small percentage of the workforce.[/color][/size]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Like the others, I too was already under the assumption that the cities were much larger than the simple game graphics. It's just part and parcel of the realistic approach you two advocated when the sign up was originally posted. So I'm fine with it as well since that's how I already see it.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]I was actually going to ask for clarification of "trainer". 'Cause really , there are probably a vast array of people who actually own and "train" the critters, whether it be professionally, as amateurs, for a hobby, or just as pets.

It's a lot broader scope than just labeling people as Trainers.[/FONT]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Perhaps people who take the time to earn certifications are considered actual trainers where the others do it as a hobby or for personal reasons. I mean doesn't the game have some sort of badge system?

You could even say that there are different types of certifications people can earn depending on what they plan on doing with their Pokemon. Like a very broad simple one for domestic use, or a type of battle one for people who are involved in tournaments.

And another one for those who take it further and specialize in being good enough to teach others about how to work with their Pokemon in addition to battling in tournaments.

Applying that system to Allan that would mean he would have some for participating in tournaments but not for training others how to use their Pokemon. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]That would be more a tournament license, equivalent to, say, a NASCAR driver or something.

But that still doesn't necessitate a license for people who simply want them for pets or for personal use. I don't really think equating pokémon to guns is an appropriate correlation. :p[/FONT]

even if the trainer definition is broad, how many people have taught there pokemon to fight well? i would think the number would be kind of high... the games arnt the best thing to base it on, but it seemed like most of the people want to battle with them.

i dont think its a bad thing to have lots of trainers, just a bit more complicated.