OtakuBoards

The Great Rebellion – Summit

Allamorph

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="times"]One could say that the spirit of the divine has chosen Beth's character. Not the other way around. And as such Beth's character is more owned by the Celebi than the other way around, so in essence, Beth's signed up as Celebi toting around a human just for giggles.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Yeah, but that feels contrived and fanfiction-y.

According to a quick bit of research I did, apparently the only legendary ever to submit to trainer control (discounting nefarious purposes; and each of those cases was soon remedied) was an Articuno, and the trainer who controlled it was [I]extremely[/I] skilled.[/FONT]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Ah, I see. I've only ever played Gale of Darkness since it came with my gamecube when I had to buy a replacement. I figured why not, free game and all. So other than to make sure it wasn't third generation or later, I didn't check much further. I can always hunt up a replacement since I didn't catch that it's considered a legendary Pokemon. =P I'll start looking and then edit my sign up with a replacement.

[B]EDIT:[/B] I changed my signup with the replacement. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Oh, and that reminds me. Anyone who thinks they can godmod will then get to see one or the other of us show you how it's really done.

So you know. :p[/FONT][/quote]

I've seen you godmod before. Heheh. Fun nostalgia.

Anyway, working on my profile, should have it up later tonight, hopefully.

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]That's great, now use the Thunder as armor and aim for the horn so we can finish it off with False Swipe.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Maybe after that my Arbok can evolve into Seviper.[/FONT][/quote]

Hmmm, somethings not right here.... OH! That's Great would probably be an exclamation. switch that comma with a "!" or it wont work.

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Calibri]Oh, and that reminds me. Anyone who thinks they can godmod will then get to see one or the other of us show you how it's really done.

So you know. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]Somehow, I'm seeing you or Kei doing something like what Raiha mentioned on AIM:

[B]Raiha:[/B] Snorlax used body slam
[B]Raiha:[/B] you are both paralyzed for life and unconscious
[B]Raiha:[/B] alas.

[I][SIZE="1"]*snerks*[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Patience, girl. I had other obligations today, wanted to clear them out of the way before I tackled this.

Right, so here's a quick rundown of current movements, by leader

[LIST][*][B]Morty ? [COLOR=DarkRed]Indi[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]Korey[/COLOR][/B]; The war is starting, and Bugsy is descending upon your leader. You two get to start his attack and work that angle right off. [COLOR=DarkRed]Indi[/COLOR], congratulations, you're a Candy Striper, and [COLOR=DarkRed]Korey[/COLOR] will probably be a small squad leader.
[*][B]Misty ? [COLOR=DarkRed]Raiha[/COLOR][/B]; Misty and crew are pretty well stuck on top of Saffron and Vermilion, so I imagine the atmosphere is pretty tense. As of now, Morty hasn't sent out word of the attack, so basically you're stuck with introductory stuff and playing with that tension a bit.
[*][B]Flint ? [COLOR="DarkRed"]RedJ[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkRed"]CaNz[/COLOR][/B]; At the moment, your leader is outside or Cerulean City, making plans and getting ideas in the Caves. So you have two options: either you're with him surveying or you're back in Pewter holding down the fort. And [COLOR="DarkRed"]Raiha[/COLOR], if you want to be Misty's representative on site, go for it.
[*][B]Claire ? [COLOR="DarkRed"]Ace[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkRed"]Sangome[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkRed"]SunfallE[/COLOR][/B]; Claire is also getting nervous, so she's tightening up defenses at the moment. She's issued a mass recall to anyone she has abroad (which is a good bit) unless they have orders otherwise. She also might be the first aware of what's going on just over the mountains. We'll play that one by ear.[/LIST]

[LIST][*][B]Falkner ? [COLOR="DarkRed"]Gymo[/COLOR][/B]; Violet City's leader doesn't quite yet know what Bugsy is up to, so you get to watch him making war preparations. I think I already talked to you about some conflict.[/LIST]

[LIST][*][B]TBD ? [COLOR="DarkRed"]Miss Anonymous[/COLOR][/B]; Not really sure what you get to do just yet, aside from intro stuff. Kei and I might have an idea or two here shortly, so we'll get with you.[/LIST]

All right, I think that's everyone. (Fwoof, that's a load of places to keep track of.) If I didn't mention you, you're not cleared to post yet, but you still have until the end of the week to get our okay.

Let's get started![/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Also, just a heads up. If any of you have any encounters with any of the Leaders and want to do a run through of the dialogue in order to get a better understanding of how they're portrayed in the RP, you can always catch me or Al on IM during the eveningtime.[/color][/size]

Thanks for the info, Allamorph. I can get into war preperations next post; I wanted to start by wrapping up Aesera's life prior to the war, so my post is about her leaving the Trainer's School.

Also:
[quote name='Ace][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]"I think I'll call you Vera."[/SIZE][/FONT'][/B][/quote]
You, sir, are officially awesome.

[FONT=Calibri]I'm only going to say this once.

This game is a realistic game. This game is also a [I]casual[/I] game.

And there is a markéd difference between profanity for effect and self-gratuitous vulgarity.

If any of you choose to remain under the delusion that posting dialogue straight out of a college frat house is in any way entertaining, you can leave right now.

I am already in a foul temper at having to axe a player five posts into the game. I do not want to axe any more.

That is all.[/FONT]

I hope you're not talking about my post. I did use a fair bit of profanity, yes, but I only did so because I felt it was appropriate for the characters and situation. You'll notice that there wasn't a single swear word after Roger left (unless you count 'ass').

In other words, yes, I include swear words, but I try to do so only when I feel the characters would actually be using them, and I certainly try to avoid gratuitous vulgarity. The level of swearing in my post is definitely not going to be the norm; expect much less swearing most of the time. Oh, and if I did use too many swear words, please let me know, and I'll make sure not to include that much swearing in any post.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you have any problems with anything I post, please let me know, and I'll correct them.

[color=darkblue][size=1]It wasn't just aimed at you; there were other people it was meant for and it was also a general "hey, now" for people that read those posts and thought this was something that we were leaning strongly towards.

We both can understand if there is the occasional bit of swearing for emphasis if the situation warrants it and the character would actually do something like that. We just don't want to see people dropping f-bombs and the like for the sake of lulz. That's it, that's all.

That being said, err on the side of caution with it, please. It's not Pokémon: Pulp Fiction edition. ;p[/color][/size]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I'm pretty sure the occasional s-bomb will slip through when someone makes a critical mistake, but other than that, I try to let my posts speak for themselves. If I can't tell a realistic story without using profanity, then I would be ashamed of my story telling ability, shoddy as it is, heh.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Kei'][COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]It wasn't just aimed at you; there were other people it was meant for and it was also a general "hey, now" for people that read those posts and thought this was something that we were leaning strongly towards.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]We both can understand if there is the occasional bit of swearing for emphasis if the situation warrants it and the character would actually do something like that. We just don't want to see people dropping f-bombs and the like for the sake of lulz. That's it, that's all.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]That being said, err on the side of caution with it, please. It's not Pokémon: Pulp Fiction edition. ;p[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

Yeah, that's about what I thought. I was just a bit worried when Allamorph said he didn't want gratuitous profanity, then said he'd had to axe a player five posts in. And my post was the only one with much profanity. Kind of made me nervous.

[FONT=Calibri]Trust me, I did not want to even be [I]thinking[/I] about removing players before everyone's even had a chance to post. It's not pleasant to have to do in the first place, so the timing only made it worse.

Now, for clarification, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Kei[/COLOR] is right. Both of us are understanding on the matter, and we hardly expect the players to hold themselves to Puritan standards.

However, my earlier statement stands. Not only that, but I also refuse to understand using profanity as a crutch. A copious stream of profanity is not the only way a player can communicate anger on the part of a character. Not only does such writing make participation less enjoyable for other players who have to wade through it, but constant use of it is numbing; and when a player who overuses profanity later posts where such content would otherwise have been well-placed, the effect is totally ruined.

I urge you all, then, to listen very carefully to the characters you use, both PC and NPC, and if it is [I]absolutely imperative[/I] that a character talk coarsely enough to make sailors wince, then I will completely understand. But if dialogue is scripted that way simply because you said "ehh, I hear regular people talk like this all the time, it should be pretty normal", then that is no longer that character talking. It's you talking.

Moving on to other announcements, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Raiha[/COLOR] is no longer with us. (I believe [COLOR="DarkRed"]Kei[/COLOR] indicated to me that she was taking care of that angle story-wise?) However, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Darren[/COLOR] will be joining the party shortly; his character is currently heading up a slightly hush-hush excavation near Ecruteak and will probably be caught in the crossfire soon, so [COLOR="DarkRed"]Korey[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkRed"]Indi[/COLOR], have fun with that, and make sure you three get to talkin'.

I plan on tossing something up with Saul later today.[/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Well, first and foremost, I would like to welcome [b]Timber[/b] into the RP. Feel free to post at your discretion. (Please note, though, Timber, that Sinnoh is currently extremely isolationist and has been for years, so you would be extremely hard pressed to get even within glancing distance of the island.)

To those folks that are currently in [b]Ecruteak[/b], the invasion has started and you are currently ordered to guard the borders. The fight is very hard since the enemy has a bit of a drop on you, and it's very insect-filled, so have fun with that. ;p

[b]CaNz[/b]: Don't worry too much about it. ;p[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1](Please note, though, Timber, that Sinnoh is currently extremely isolationist and has been for years, so you would be extremely hard pressed to get even within glancing distance of the island.)[/size'][/color][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Or, really, even know what a Glaceon is.[/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm liking the Team Rocket angle, actually. It's nice to see someone other than Giovanni being competent for once. However they end up being used, I can imagine they'll make things pretty interesting.

So I'm assuming they're not actually with the League, yes? Unless maybe they're hired.[/FONT]

yeah,,, i am all for your team rockets introduction... i just thought since you guys haddnt mentioned them they were gonna be left out, so i planned on using them a bit.

I jwould like to know if other people can use them... I donno... i keep on hitting on things i shouldnt mess with... but i kinda wanted to get medical supplys from team rocket drug runners.

[FONT=Calibri][I]*sigh*[/I]

Okay. The reason we terminated a player five posts into the game was not just because of content issues. Among other things, it was primarily because that player took it upon theirself to craft a a [I]significant[/I] story motivator into the game without checking their idea with us first, and the idea that they had ran so completely against what we've got happening that, really, the best way to fix it was with a lunch for an Arbok.

Please, develop your own ideas. We [I]want[/I] you to have your own ideas. They make the game fun. But we also need you to talk to us. We don't want you sitting there on a little plot egg all your own, waiting for the right time, and then something happens in the game and you go "man, I really wanted to go [I]this[/I] direction" because there's no way we can know about your secret ideas and therefore no way we can accommodate them.

I can totally understand the desire to just pop something out one day and be all like BAWWW and the rest of us be all like OMGWTFBBQ SO COOL. I love doin' it myself. But [COLOR="DarkRed"]Kei[/COLOR] and I have our hands in [I]everything[/I] in this world. So if you get that cool BAWWW idea, you have to come to us to make sure it's not going to conflict with anything. And often, I'll see the merit of the idea right away and try to figure out a way to make it work if it doesn't currently work at present. But I can't do that if you've got it buried.

Like, I can't make this any clearer, guys. We [U]need[/U] [U]communication[/U]. And for all of you who've already been talking with us, thank you so much. (And thank you, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Korey[/COLOR] for being so patient. :p)

We want everyone to have as much fun as possible, and we'll work to help you have it. But you go off half-cocked solo and I can't guarantee what'll happen. :animesmil

So in essence, [COLOR="DarkRed"]CaNz[/COLOR], talk with us about stuff. We're usually on AIM evenings.

[B]Edit:[/B]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Ace:[/COLOR] Team Rocket is for Team Rocket. That's about the long and short of it.[/FONT]