OtakuBoards

The Great Rebellion – Summit

Allamorph

[quote name='Darren']Uh...
Anyone see RedJ's new post on the thread?

I'm confused. Is he still kicked out of the RP or was he let back in?

Or, a better question, does he even realize he's been kicked out?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm fairly certain Raiha was the one who got the Arbok to the neck. Red's still active. :p[/FONT]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Color="Navy"][SIZE=1]Y'know even though I'm pretty lax when it comes to cursing, something about wanton, uneccessary cursing just really gets my goat. Does he have to be called a piece of shit?

What's the line on cursing going to be? I was rather offput by guyyoumetonline's last post. To me it shows a lack of creativity. You can be edgy without being vulgar. Mature Themes is totally cool, but anyone can use sailor talk.

I'm leaving the decision up to you, Allamorph and Kei.[/Color][/SIZE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]The warning has already been put out there that excessive vulgarity isn't something that's kosher in this venture. Like Al said, we're not holding people to Puritan standards, but we do expect it to be used only if and when necessary.

As far as the post itself goes, we mentioned before that if the NPC or PC would actually use that kind of language, then okay. However, if it's seen to be being used as a crutch, that's -not- okay. I've read through the post and that did stand out to me (not necessarily in a good way), but given the NPC's behavior, it's not entirely out of the way.

I'll have to discuss it with my counterpart, but as of now, the post stands as "acceptable".[/color][/size]

[FONT=Calibri]This post can stay. (Emphasis on this.)

However.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Gymo[/COLOR], do you now see why I look upon that style with such disfavor? Even with as few as four expletives, it feels overdone. It's clunky and awkward, and not good characterisation. It comes off as a character who is common and ignorant.

Which I think was your intent. And that brings me to another point.

Even though we are able to classify the League right now as an "evil" organisation, its Leaders believe what they are doing is right. (We'll set aside the Elite Four at present, since their actions and motives are complex and blahblahblah.) Not everyone in the League is ignorant, and not everyone is confrontational. There are sane people on all sides of the court. For example, Bugsy, the guy marching on Ecruteak right now, is really softspoken and intense, and wouldn't be attacking at all if he didn't solidly believe it was the right course of action.

So in the future, take it easy on playing the League quite so much WE ARE EVIL AND HATEFUL RAWWR, neh? Part of your role as playing a League character is to give contrasting perspective, not paint the entire section with sweeping gestures.[/FONT]

Actually, I was planning to introduce a more sympathetic character in my next post, and I certainly don't intend to have everyone act all bad-guy-like. Those characters will probably be the ones that stand out from the rest of my NPC crowd, though, as Aesera's interactions with them are likely to be more... memorable. But don't worry; she'll run into plenty of non-evil characters, and I do not intend to go for a one-dimensional presentation of the League.

So, basically, I understand your concerns, and I agree with them, even though one might assume otherwise from my opening posts. Don't worry; I'll be doing this the way you want.

[FONT=Calibri]It's not the size of the post. It's what you do in it.

I've had some teensy ones mahself before. Don't sweat nothin' just 'cause other people like to be verbose. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes changing up the size is needed.

[B]Edit:[/B] Of course you know, this means war.

[CENTER][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/Foghorn_Leghorn.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Boy, Ah say, boy, you gotta work with ya brains to win a war. (Bout as smart as a box a' rocks, this 'un.)

Also, I think that was more Daffy's schtick than Foghorn's. lol[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Green][SIZE=1]Posted, sorry that it's a bit wall-ish.
I know Misdreavus is a ghost type, but it can learn psychic attacks in the games. I hope it's not a problem that I made Freya's able to speak telepathically to her.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]CaNz:[/b] That's going from the anime mindset. In truth, what would be more liable to happen is what Ace has going on with body language and things the trainer and Pokémon would just notice about each other from being together over time.

[b]Gymo:[/b] Heard you the first time, darling. =p[/color][/size]

[FONT=Calibri]In fact, the reason I said Saul was using Yasha as an interpreter was from exactly that thought process that [COLOR="DarkRed"]Ace[/COLOR] is using. Saul can't understand chittering, and body language only gets you so far, even with lots of time together.

Although as a point of order he relied more on Ra, his Meowth/Persian, for translation at first, since Yasha only gained telepathy after becoming Ninetales.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Casual discussion with [COLOR=DarkRed]Timber[/COLOR] last night brought something interesting to my attention, so I figure let's toss it out, see what happens.

I am not entirely sure what's going on with the civilians in Ecruteak. I don't know how much of them were evacuated and where, or even if there was the chance for an evacuation at all. They could be safe somewhere at Morty's discretion, they could be SMACK DAAAAB in the middle of this thing.

I haven't given this facet any thought at all. Hasn't occurred to me to do so yet. :p And I haven't discussed it with [COLOR=DarkRed]Kei[/COLOR], either, since last night's chatter came about two in the morning for me and she was long gone. So I figure I should toss this out here for people to mull over and shoot back ideas on.

On that note, I probably wouldn't have noticed this angle at all if we hadn't been talking last night, and we weren't even really being specific about anything. She had a few questions about the political/social situation globally and a couple of related issues, and I was just walking through stuff when that thought struck me.

She also got my head straight on the Johto port city, which I'd temporarily mixed up. :p So thank you for that, babe.

But I think that's one of the better discussions I've had with someone so far. Made me very happy.[/FONT]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Calibri']I am not entirely sure what's going on with the civilians in Ecruteak. I don't know how much of them were evacuated and where, or even if there was the chance for an evacuation at all. They could be safe somewhere at Morty's discretion, they could be SMACK DAAAAB in the middle of this thing.[/FONT][/quote]Considering that they had all of perhaps one night to prepare, I would imagine that unless Morty had a sure way to get them out of there, most of them are still in the town.

From the posts so far I get the impression that they were rushing to prepare with what little warning they had. The way I see it is that if (and this is only if) there was a route to send the children and mothers elsewhere, Morty would have probably seen to it.

If they were too surrounded, then I would imagine that they would be encouraged to move to the most secure locations possible. So either a group of civilians were evacuated, which is definitely possible, or they're taking shelter in some of the buildings, like a school or something. [/COLOR][/FONT]