OtakuBoards

A question for OB's students

GANTZ

Writing definitely does it for me. I like to write my own stories(usually anime based). In fact my last class was an hour ago and I have trouble staying awake in there so I continued working on the 3rd installation of my story.

Drawing also help but dont work too hard on the drawing or you will draw too much attention to yourself and get in trouble. Also try chewing gum...if your brain is focusing on a task then you wont fall asleep!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well right now I'm in my human sexuality class but as you can see I'm online.

There's internet all over campus that's mostly stable at most times. And it's the only way I don't fall into a state approaching rigor mortis in all of my classes.

...and yes I'm pretending to take notes and using apple's 'spaces' feature to flick between screens to hide the fact that I'm online muahahaha.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]I'm a little bit of an insomniac. Unless I've been actually lying down with my eyes clothes and little to no distractions for about an hour, there's no way in hell I'm falling asleep.

Of course, paying attention is another matter entirely.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]I'm a little bit of an insomniac. Unless I've been actually lying down with my eyes clothes and little to no distractions for about an hour, there's no way in hell I'm falling asleep.

Of course, paying attention is another matter entirely.[/COLOR][/quote]

This the same for me. I don't sleep but my mind wonders like crazy. To keep focused I doodle in the margins of my notes. Little reminders to like eyes and such to look at pages later.

Other then that I just end up spacing out.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I doodle when a professor is going on and on, but luckily for me this semester my classes are all pretty much hands on. Usually I just pay attention to the key points and I space out the narratives so that way I know what to study. Professors are artists when it comes to saying things that you really don't need in favor of taking up time.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Majority of the times if I'm not trying to pay attention I'm either spacing out or trying to take my own notes out of our textbook. Most of our instructors use slides to give us notes but they ramble too long about it. But for the most part I'm spacing out.

[FONT="Tahoma"]I don't have a lot of problems wanting to sleep, but I do find my attention wandering. When that happens, I try to go over what was discussed and make sure I got everything down in notes. It doesn't always work, but it does help me to stay focused on what the teacher is talking about. [/FONT]