Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
How do you guys manage to stay awake during the boring lessons in school?
I have extreme difficulty trying to fight my urges to sleep in class, even when
well rested. How do you do it?
Posted
[size=1]I used to come across this problem all the time. Eventually I brought a sketchpad, or a piece of jewelry I was working on at that time. I found that giving my hands something to do while my brain was bored kept me awake.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]Sketching worked for me. Or writing invitation notes to pass around, for birthday parties of people that didn't know they were giving a birthday party.

Keeps one awake enough.[/size]
Posted
Writing definitely does it for me. I like to write my own stories(usually anime based). In fact my last class was an hour ago and I have trouble staying awake in there so I continued working on the 3rd installation of my story.

Drawing also help but dont work too hard on the drawing or you will draw too much attention to yourself and get in trouble. Also try chewing gum...if your brain is focusing on a task then you wont fall asleep!
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well right now I'm in my human sexuality class but as you can see I'm online.

There's internet all over campus that's mostly stable at most times. And it's the only way I don't fall into a state approaching rigor mortis in all of my classes.

...and yes I'm pretending to take notes and using apple's 'spaces' feature to flick between screens to hide the fact that I'm online muahahaha.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=deeppink]I'm a little bit of an insomniac. Unless I've been actually lying down with my eyes clothes and little to no distractions for about an hour, there's no way in hell I'm falling asleep.

Of course, paying attention is another matter entirely.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]I'm a little bit of an insomniac. Unless I've been actually lying down with my eyes clothes and little to no distractions for about an hour, there's no way in hell I'm falling asleep.

Of course, paying attention is another matter entirely.[/COLOR][/quote]

This the same for me. I don't sleep but my mind wonders like crazy. To keep focused I doodle in the margins of my notes. Little reminders to like eyes and such to look at pages later.

Other then that I just end up spacing out.
Posted
I chat with folks on my laptop, write various things on laptop, watch anime on laptop, and draw.

Other times I actually '[I][U][B]pay attention in class.'[/B][/U][/I]
Posted
[quote name='Japan_86']Other times I actually '[I][U][B]pay attention in class.'[/B][/U][/I][/QUOTE][size=1]LOL, nerd. go bak 2 ur anime forums1[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Feign narcolepsy.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I did that, once. I think. Except that I didn't know I'd fallen asleep until the teacher was waking me up. It was odd.[/size]
Posted
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I doodle when a professor is going on and on, but luckily for me this semester my classes are all pretty much hands on. Usually I just pay attention to the key points and I space out the narratives so that way I know what to study. Professors are artists when it comes to saying things that you really don't need in favor of taking up time.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
Majority of the times if I'm not trying to pay attention I'm either spacing out or trying to take my own notes out of our textbook. Most of our instructors use slides to give us notes but they ramble too long about it. But for the most part I'm spacing out.
Posted
[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I had this problem all the time when I was in school. My remedy was to either pass notes to friends, the ones that were close by so we weren't caught, write up rough draft stories for Otakuboards, and sketch. It usually worked pretty well.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Usually, the idea of an A- is enough to keep me alert in class... D: But if I really can't stand paying attention (like in discussions or something~) I write stuff in my planner/diary or doodle around my notes.[/SIZE]
Posted
If I find myself drifting, I try to focus on stuff I need to be learning, even if it's not for the class I'm actually in. Doesn't always work, but I do try. Most of the time, the thought of failing is enough to keep me awake. That and the occasional infusion of caffeine as the day goes by.
Posted
Thanks for all of the ideas, guys. (and gals) I'll be sure to give some of them a try.

Going to class well rested just isn't enough for me to make it through some of

the really boring classes.
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]I don't have a lot of problems wanting to sleep, but I do find my attention wandering. When that happens, I try to go over what was discussed and make sure I got everything down in notes. It doesn't always work, but it does help me to stay focused on what the teacher is talking about. [/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...