OtakuBoards

President Obama Bestows New Honor.

Allamorph

[FONT=Calibri]From this day forth, Kanye West shall be known as Kanye West, [URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/14/obama-kanye-is-a-jackass_n_286623.html"][COLOR="Blue"]Jackass[/COLOR][/URL].

Congratulations, Kanye. You've earned it.

(More information about the VMA incident [URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/13/kanye-west-steals-taylor_n_285198.html/"][COLOR="Blue"]here[/COLOR][/URL].)[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]At last, our president gets something right.

Well that and I stand by what Pink said as far as my official reaction to the matter. ...oh yes and what she did. Specifically being physically restrained from visiting serious girl violence on his skanky drunk behind.

"Kanye is a piece of [blank]. Quote me."

But wait, Kanye is a black man. And Obama said a bad word directed at a black man. ...Does this mean Obama doesn't care about black people? Cause now we're sure that Kanye doesn't care about white people, but I'm not positive here. Moar investigations are needed.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][CENTER][YOUTUBE="Kanye's Response"]VxKIcrDsJAs[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

In all seriousness, though, he needed to be called out long before this. The man's got a track record of being an egotistical dick. Hell, he once said that if the Bible were being written in modern times, he'd be in it.

Also, it was deleted shortly afterward, but [URL="http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_lounge/957276.html?thread=27021660#t27021660"][COLOR="Blue"]here's his apology, ripped right off his blog.[/COLOR][/URL]

I'M SORRY I WAS A DOUCHEBAG BY THE WAY I WAS TOTALLY RIGHT BEYONCE SHOULD HAVE WON PLEASE FORGIVE ME.[/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I don't like Taylor's music, but I do like how she has pop and country versions of her singles, I don't like both genres much, but thats a good way to market herself. But, she got an award and Kanye is a bastard who deserves to be locked away. And high five to Beyonce for being cool to her.

As for Obama, epic win my man... epic win.[/FONT]

I think Obama calling Kanye a jackass is funny and well deserved. But I also think that it's kind of ridiculous that some average rapper interrupting an equally average pop star on stage at a stupid award show has gotten this kind of attention. Kanye interrupts the MTV VMA awards, gets ridiculous amounts of press, and the world jumps down his throat for it.

Congressman Joe Wilson interrupts a speech made by the President, which is leagues more important, and manages to do it in an even ruder fashion. And while he catches some negative press, his fund raising [b]skyrockets.[/b] The least Wilson could've done was preface "You Lie!" with "I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish".

*Remembers why I watch PBS*

[FONT=Calibri]It's also not like he isn't barred from having idle conversations with people between important events, dear [COLOR="DarkRed"]Boo[/COLOR].

Whether or not they leak it isn't really his problem. It [I]is[/I] his [I]concern[/I], given his station, but those are two issues that are difficult to distinguish.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]It's also not like he isn't barred from having idle conversations with people between important events, dear [COLOR="DarkRed"]Boo[/COLOR].[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Idle conversation is allowed when financial crises and invasions are fixed. [/size]

I couldn't even believe Kanye pulled a stunt like that. I guess the thought of everyone forgetting him finally got to him so he had to do something to get back into the headlines.

Im not a Taylor Swift fan at all and lets be honest Kanye is way way better on the musical level. Also I want to say that Taylor Swift( a country musician) won a VMA....come on they dont even play country music on MTV. They dont really play anything on MTV anymore but especially not country music. This just goes to show that MTV is not trying to get music back like other music tv stations. I dont even know why they still have VMAs. Sorry just had to get that rant out there. Im very disappointed in what MTV has become and what they have done to the tv stations they own.

Back to Kanye....what he did just adds the fact that his erruption as a hot artist has straight to his head. But the thing is everyone says Kanye stop acting like that but then goes out in public and buys his albums. If they really wanted Kanye to shut up then they would stop buying his albums. I love Kanye West's music and I dont care what he does in public or anywhere because what he is doing doesnt affect my life at all...its just entertainment really. I think thats all I have for today.

[quote name='Humaru']Im not a Taylor Swift fan at all and lets be honest Kanye is way way better on the musical level. [/QUOTE]

Actually, let's not, as that's a severe matter of opinion.

Also, Taylor Swift is a country/pop star. More country than pop, admittedly, but quite a few country stars have pop crossovers (although I don't know how many of them regularly appear on both charts). Pop does see play on MTV (what little music it plays), so that's where the VMA comes from.

Realistically, Kanye probably wouldn't shut up even if people stopped buying his albums. He'd just be loud and obnoxious about something else. People like that need to be dragged out of the public eye and hidden away somewhere, so as to stop insulting our collective intelligence.

[quote name='Boo'][font=trebuchet ms]Even if I would, it wouldn't be as ridiculous as your tone and your roll-eyes emoticon.[/font][/QUOTE]

Don't hate.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Just take a gander at Boo's current signature and quote: I, Colossus. Boo's are not to be taken seriously, ever. =P[/QUOTE]

Haha, I see that now. :animeswea