OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

A fan-subbed version would be perfect! Thanks for that([I]Now I can see it fan-subbed [B]and[/B] in original form...hehehe....[/I])
Wow, it feels [I]good[/I] to be back! If anyone's wondering why I haven't posted since last week, it's because-if you check on the calendar-I was on a military trip to China. Sorry, the place didn't have internet!

Thanks again!

Guest linkin_lover317
[color=navy][QUOTE=dark kitsune]I'm wondering if any of you watch it. I just finished watching episode 7 and damned if it didn't make me cry....

So anybody into this particular anime as much as me? From what I've seen so far this anime is incredible. The character development, plot and artwork are great.

If you haven't seen it yet...then get busy![/QUOTE]
I watch FMA everytime that i get a chance, What was epsode 7 the one that made me cry[/color] [spoiler]was the one when Huges dies[/spoiler]

Um... Kai123, I've been back since Saturday, I posted that. Anyways, Isn't this just great, I just got done unpacking yet now I'm packing up [I]again[/I] for my flight to Tokyo to see the Fullmetal Alchemist movie, Conqueror of Shambala. It's definately going to be worth the flight, though!

Well, I'll definately tell everyone about it!

[I]Sayonara![/I]

[QUOTE=Tyler Koregaten]I read about an interview with Vic Mignona(he does the voice of Ed in the English
version of FMA) that Funimation had told him that they planned to release the movie after these things happen:
1: All 51 episodes air on television
2: All of the video games are translated
3: All of the episode DVD's come out
4: When all of the FMA merchandise(toys, posters, etc.)become available.
5: The movie versions of the video games(Broken Angel, Curse of the Crimson Elixir, etc.) are released on DVD
6: When new actors are hired to fill in some new characters who weren't from the series. :animestun

They estimate it'll make it to theaters sometime in either late Winter 2006 or early Spring 2007. Wow. :animedepr Long wait.*falls asleep :sleep: *[/QUOTE]
Wow...the movie will be catagorized as 'Old news' by then T___T I should've been born in Japan...

I dont time to type a long message, so I'll make it short for now.
Fullmetal Alchemist in an awesome series. I havent seen all of the anime yet, but I have the entire manga series, and damn it was good!

Awesome series.
Awesome characters.
Awesome plot-line.

Okay guys, my flight's leaving in a few minutes for Tokyo, I'm on my way to the airport. I'm on my laptop and I don't have the time for a full-length message, so,
I wanted to say that I'm going to really miss the OB. I might be able to post, but I'm not sure. Anyways, The FMA movie should be awesome!

..........My battery's going dead........

Bye!

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Usually, I'm afriad to go here, because of possible uber spoilers, for I have only seen up to what Adult Swim has shown (up to the episode with Winry getting mad at Ed cuz she thanks he doesn't appreciate good automail... :animeswea ), but hopeful I'll find a way to catch up with all of you!!! :flaming: [/FONT][/COLOR]

THAT WAS MY BEST TRIP EVER. The Fullmetal Alchemist movie was absolutely FABULOUS! It makes you cry, laugh, smile, remember good times, drop dead and
scream. I'm not going to give anything away though(hehehe).

[I]Kaatis aad Quuqaat iaat lis, lasid kij.[/I] That means "To each their own, never the other way around." in Greenlandic.

Sorry.

I love FullMetal Alchemist, it's one of my favourite animes now ^^ (Ed is adorable)

I'm kinda mad at myself for watching the trailer of the FMA movie, just watching the trailer is a spoiler on it's own ^^: Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the rest of the series.

I hate how slowly they're releasing the dvd's though!!! It's about one dvd every 2 monthes... I NEED MORE :animecry:

"Excuse me Major, but if I may offer a bit of feminine advice... BABIES AREN'T BORN AFTER JUST 5 MONTHS!" -Hawkeye (That's my favourite quote so far, I laughed so hard when she first said that ^^)

I haven't seen much of FMA but what I have seen is good, and I like the opening. Instead of paying around $100 and waiting a few months, I am probably just gonna buy an english subbed version for like $20 off ebay, just as good for alot less. God I love Ebay.

FMA is a great anime. When I first began watching it, I underestimated it when I first began watching though. It seemed like your normal run of the mill anime, but somewhere around the 20th or so episode it just was something else. Yes people don't like the dubbing that much, but it's not [I]that[/I] bad. Yes, Al's voice may seem a tad strange at first, but you get used to it.Does FMA live up to all the hype it gets? Mmm not in my opinion. I'm not saying FMA is a bad anime. It's a great anime! FMA is one of my personal shonen favorites . Good storyline, nice art, beautiful music, but I don't think it people need to be calling it the best anime of all time.

[QUOTE]Yes people don't like the dubbing that much, but it's not that bad. Yes, Al's voice may seem a tad strange at first, but you get used to it.Does FMA live up to all the hype it gets? Mmm not in my opinion.[/Quote]

Actually I like the dubbing for the characters, They fit them very well. Al echoing voice of a little kid in that huge armor, is ver funny and shows the changes they have have been thorugh. Ed's voice is perfect for him too, it is very cocky, and fits his personality and age very well. ANother good thing about the series is it's comedy. It seems like a very good balance of comedy and action. I do agree it doesn't deserve it's hype though.

I love FMA it has a great story line and great character disigns. I was crying during episode 7. FMA is one of the best anime shows out there. You get attached to the characters and hope that they make it through whatever they are in. The characters have great personalitys like Ed whenever you call him short he'll freak out *giggles just thinking about it* :D.

This is kind of random but on the show X-play (on G4) they were talking about the 2nd FMA game and were making fun of Al. They were kind of mean about it too. They gave it a 2 out of 5 those meanies :animeangr

~ChibiVashKitty

Guest Charming One
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Dubbing is the best thing for all anime. IWhen i watch my FMA dvd w/out the engish dubbing I want to pull out my hair cause Ed and Al sound like my sister and her friend fighting over lip gloss! And trust me you can only take so much of that![/FONT] :animeangr

[quote name='Killer7']Actually I like the dubbing for the characters, They fit them very well. Al echoing voice of a little kid in that huge armor, is ver funny and shows the changes they have have been thorugh. Ed's voice is perfect for him too, it is very cocky, and fits his personality and age very well. ANother good thing about the series is it's comedy. It seems like a very good balance of comedy and action. I do agree it doesn't deserve it's hype though.[/quote]

lol, good analogy. Personally I don't care if Dvd's are dubbed or subbed, I usually buy dubbed because thier is less chance of being a bootleg. Most of the time though the Japanese voice is better. This is because the original version (japanese) has more time spent on the dub, since it matters more to them, as they have a bigger audience. Due to the fact that 2 companies due the majority of dubbing for the English version, alot of the same voices are used, even if they are bad. For them the faster they get the dub out, the faster it iis on the market.

My anime club doesn't have the film yet so I can't give a site of where to get the fan subbed version like I said. It will just take a little more time. My only warning is that I hope you guys know how to use torrents because that's how my club downloads their anime.