OtakuBoards

Anyone here from 2001-ish?

KittyLynn

[quote name='KittyLynn' timestamp='1292528017' post='702821']I hope everyone here has the same experience as my "generation" did, haha.[/quote][color="#006400"]Unpossible. We had people like kuja, Shinji, and BigPoppaHump. They'll never have to suffer the emotional and psychological scarring we did.

OB seems like a relatively safer place to be these days, lol.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[font="Arial Narrow"]

Well you know, we come and go. I've just been poking my head in here and debating whether or not I want to start posting some story ideas again.

Looks like OB is still around for all of us. It's been a long time and I've been OB unfaithful (in my defence I've been a little busy these past few years and am going to continue to be busy) but it's like a safe harbour in the intertubes...

How the hell are we all? :D[/font]

[font="Arial Narrow"]Well the anthology has always had its up and downs with reviews and constructive criticism...but this is the website that got me writing in the first place. Aaand the people here nudged me enough to improve my writing (and hopefully keep on improving).

I just can't stay away for long :)[/font]

[size="1"]I never asctually left, I just don't post as much. I used to want everyone to hear my opinion on here. I would post artwork, but I haven't had my scanner hooked up since I moved out, and I'm not entirely sure where its at. On a side note, today would actually be my ten year anniversary here at OB, lol. I've grown up here.[/size]

• 1 month later...
While I'm thinking about it, I have to credit this forum for my understanding of the written English language.

And while I was trying to say that, it literally took me four seperate tries at spelling 'understanding'. It just couldn't make my fingers do it.

-Justin

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1295103214' post='703914']
Well, congrats :] I don't know what mine considering we lost our join dates from back in 1999. But I suppose some time this year it'll be my 12 year or whatever. Man, I'm old...
[/quote]

[font="Century Gothic"]It's about time you popped your head back in here for once ;] as for me I'm always lurking somewhere around the corner.....I'll take a peak every few months. I"M getting old. Almost 24 years old and I started here when I was 16? wow time truely does fly! [/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[color="#9933ff"]Hey! Someone spammed by PM, and I decided that was a good reason as any to pop in and say hello. (Especially since I've been thinking of OB lately, huh...)

Reading the names in this thread makes me smile - I remember all of you! Hopefully you remember me: I was "MistressRoxie" for a long time. If not, please tell me you remember this obnoxious font color. :P

The appearance of OB is so different! Different software, different layout. I never thought I'd see a layout with a "bright" color like orange. James was always so partial to shades of blue and gray. ;)[/color]

[quote name='Roxie Faye' timestamp='1300671467' post='705825']
[color="#9933ff"]Hey! Someone spammed by PM, and I decided that was a good reason as any to pop in and say hello. (Especially since I've been thinking of OB lately, huh...)

Reading the names in this thread makes me smile - I remember all of you! Hopefully you remember me: I was "MistressRoxie" for a long time. If not, please tell me you remember this obnoxious font color. :P

The appearance of OB is so different! Different software, different layout. I never thought I'd see a layout with a "bright" color like orange. James was always so partial to shades of blue and gray. ;)[/color]
[/quote]

I remember you and those epic Digimon RPG events. I went by S@bretooth at that time, which fits, because I have tiger's blood. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Nerdsy' timestamp='1301599010' post='706159']
[color=deeppink]So today is my tenth anniversary here. Consequently, it is also the tenth anniversary of the Otaku Triad.[/color]
[/quote]
Nobody will ever be as dynamic and cool as Nerdsy. â?¥

[quote name='Neptune' timestamp='1303630282' post='706811']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I haven't logged into OtakuBoards in a long, long time. Everything is so different, it's going to take some getting used to. Hi everyone! :3[/font]
[/quote]
Welcome back! :D

[quote name='Yukazi' timestamp='1303663732' post='706814']
Nobody will ever be as dynamic and cool as Nerdsy. â?¥[/quote]

Except ...

[b][i][i]MacGyver![/i][/i][/b]

[img]http://gremlindog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/macgyver11ic.jpg[/img]

Anyway I'm back after about six months elsewhere, specifically in Illinois, getting my Navy on. More like the Navy getting on me. And then riding me like a pony. And beating me with mandatory events and training that were simultaneously agonizing, humiliating, and worthwhile. Yeah. Yay.

[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX' timestamp='1303817363' post='706866']
[size="1"]I miss Spikey too(Nerdsy's brother), but I Nerdsy said he went all ghetto. o,O;[/size]
[/quote]

[color=deeppink]Haha, he grew out of that.[/color]

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, I'm on old member who hasn't been on in many many years. I've done a lot of growing up since I've left and ended up in Hawaii this past year. I'm sure almost none of you remember me, but one of my best buds back in high school got me on the boards and I'm not sure if he's been on in awhile, but he was a moderator named dark gohan. If anyone's wondering he's out in Japan right now teaching english and perfecting his japanese. Gotta say these boards have done a lot for both of us and I'm hoping to find an anime club or at least other otaku out here on oahu that I can connect with. So if any of you guys are out here in Honolulu maybe near UH send me a message and maybe we can hang out sometime.

[quote name='fujyoshi' timestamp='1307450525' post='707876']
I'm surprised to know this forum has been around for so long for it doesn't seem very active :O although I didn't start on forums untill 05 and another forum I used ta go to is now like that as well xD
[/quote]
[color="#006400"]Yeah, it's funny because I think status updates are more active than actual forum posts. Damn kids these days don't know how to just sit down and have a nice chat.[/color] Edited by PiroMunkie

• 2 months later...
[size="1"]WOW!!! I'm so happy somebody started this thread! I miss the OtakuBoards community! I wonder if I'll ever be so tight with a community online again ... Hope everybody's well! Hope we can get in touch and catch up ... maybe even a reunion. =)

Me lately:

[img]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9549/melately.jpg[/img]

I'm currently studying sociology and history at University of California Santa Barbara, in my senior year. Since leaving the boards, I've been really politically active (radical Leftist causes ... especially passionate about intersectionality of race, class, gender, sexuality ... presenting my research paper on Marx and race during the Civil War next week in Canada, immigration, restorative justice), briefly had a stint with being in a rock band, modeling, but ironically became a hermit nerd since arriving at party school UCSB.

[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1413/mookyme.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8213/11111xi.jpg[/img]

Got engaged to a great guy two years ago, living together now, just visited Korea and Japan together this summer. Shed out of that teenage angst and am the happiest I've ever been. Lately, I'm still involved in radical Leftist politics, I run about 3 miles a day, no longer a vegan after 5 years but still a huge health nut. Since I didn't talk too much about anime while on the boards, it's really whenever something comes up about Star Wars or Lord of the Rings that I'm reminded of OB. I remember how fun it was to do the RPGs and engage in really lengthy discussions. I think the standards for grammar on these boards turned me into a better writer.

Hmm, and there is also a beer in Korea called OB. I think the beer sent me some subliminal reminders of this wonderful place.

I miss everybody and miss the great times we had IMing until crazy hours with all the insomniacs in the US and Englishmen several stupid time zones away. I thank Queen Asuka for making that 'Many Faces of Otakuboards' page. I've visited it here and there and thought about the good times with great people.

Nothing but love for OB![/size] Edited by Juu