OtakuBoards

Anyone here from 2001-ish?

KittyLynn

[quote name='Justin' date='01 July 2010 - 11:19 AM' timestamp='1277943582' post='696231']
And how in the world would that work? Would you have a dedicated team of analysts pouring over massive amounts of personal personnel data from networking sites across the Interwebs?

Or would it be a bit more Holy Grailish, with a noble council of elder knights scouring the world house by house, blowing trumpets and heralding their usernames at every door?

That last bit would take a lot of funding, I think.

-Justin
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Maybe we can start a Second Hump War? That might attract some attention. :P[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
I only joined back in 2003. We may have had a few discussions in the forums possibly and I may or may not remember heh. I went by the name I re-entered in as currently. I too decided to come back.

Also on the topic of growing up on this forum I couldn't`t say that the concept is frightening. I found Otakuboards back in the days (wow did I just say that?) mature and although it was not always this way, posts were structured to a reasonable extent despite the age of the posters. What I have noticed though lately is that there are quite a few more younger generation of internet users who make decent posts comparing to the elder generations where the posts consisted of: OMGZ DIDS YU SEE DAT????

Ahem, but ya. It feels good checking back every once in a while. I barely recognized the forums today logging in heh. I do notice a few familiar faces right now on this thread so those who might remember me. *Waves*

Also I was an avid RPer in the day and I still have the spark so you might see me show up in the threads every once in a while. Might jump back onto the bandwagon depending on my free time. Edited by Burori

[quote name='James' date='30 June 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1277944952' post='696235']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Maybe we can start a Second Hump War? That might attract some attention. :P[/font]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]That is pay-per-view quality material. I'd come back for that.[/color]

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom' date='21 July 2010 - 03:39 AM' timestamp='1279697949' post='697574']
Hump war????? Do I want to know????
[/quote]

Just from asking that question you are curious.

From that curiosity you know you want to learn more of what occurs on the day of Hump War.

And from that curiosity you KNOW you want to participate in said Hump War :D Edited by Burori

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom' date='21 July 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1279697949' post='697574']
Hump war????? Do I want to know????
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Three words: Big Pappa Hump.

His infamy is probably second only to Shinji.[/font]

[quote name='James' date='21 July 2010 - 07:45 AM' timestamp='1279716331' post='697582']
[font=palatino linotype]Three words: Big Pappa Hump.

His infamy is probably second only to Shinji.[/font]
[/quote]
Please no. I only recently had a breakthrough with my therapist.

[size=1]*rattles chains in the OB attic*
Hi guys.

[color=gray]edit - I just happened upon the VV YouTube video and rofl'd when Shinji's name was on the "Member Blocking" part.[/color][/size] Edited by PiroMunkie

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='22 July 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1279860753' post='697677']
Please no. I only recently had a breakthrough with my therapist.

[size=1]*rattles chains in the OB attic*
Hi guys.

[color=gray]edit - I just happened upon the VV YouTube video and rofl'd when Shinji's name was on the "Member Blocking" part.[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Zomg it's a John! Quick, tranq it and place a homing tag on it's ear!

*pfft* ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I guess I'm kinda sorta back after taking a breather from OB for a couple of years (you can blame Shy for luring me back). This place sure has changed, but I'm glad to see so many familiar names despite of that.

During my absence, I've really missed the fantastic quality RPGs I participated in here. It looks like the Theater has died down quite a bit from its "golden days", but I'm sure the situation can be mended with a few more active players and game creator. That's the main reason why I'm back, I guess.

So, anyone up for some gaming? ;D

This thread still alive, right? Good.

Such a long, sordid history I have with many of you! Apparently I joined as PoisonTongue back in...April 2003, so technically I'm sort of around the 2001-ish era. Hell, I figure when it comes to anyone who joined around the start of the [i]decade[/i]--wow....decade--a few years doesn't make much difference. I forget when it was, exactly, but I believe it was around my birthday of last year when I received a HAPPY BIRTHDAY email from...OtakuBoards? That didn't sound right at all, so I investigated. I mean, as far as I knew, I was still way long-since banned. Especially given my fun little antics of yesteryear. :sly: But lo and behold, the account was unbanned. I asked James about it, and it had to do with an older database getting scrubbed for a new version of OB or something. So I figured, hell, why not poke around.

I'm amazed to see so many other oldies goofing off. White, Gavin, Shy, Sara, NEIL (!!)...crazy, crazy stuff, guys. What's equally amazing is that we're all on Facebook and yet here we are, too. Old habits die hard, I guess?

[quote name='Sandy' date='01 August 2010 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1280661532' post='698430']
Well, I guess I'm kinda sorta back after taking a breather from OB for a couple of years (you can blame Shy for luring me back). This place sure has changed, but I'm glad to see so many familiar names despite of that.
[/quote]

Sandy! <3

• 2 weeks later...
Holy cow. Just checked out my own profile. Seems I've been here (albeit infrequently) since '05. And that's only on this username, so there's a good chance that I was around in '01. I was a lot more involved back then, even if it was just cringe-worthy, adolescent idiocy. To be sure, I spammed these boards something fierce way back when. I'm embarrassed when I cast my mind back on the nonsense that I used to spout, but like it's already been mentioned before me; there were some good memories, and even now, a decade or so later, I still pop on every so often just to see what the craic is.

• 1 month later...
[size="1"]Hai guyz, wots goin on in dis fred ay?

Seems to be the year for returns... Kitty (I remember you!), Drix, Heaven's Cloud, Brasil (you'll always be PoisonTongue to me), Syk3... it's all too beautiful for words. Honestly. Every couple of months I'll have a moment of dreamy reminiscence about OB. An email notifying me of Boo's comment on my profile is actually what brought me back tonight, after almost two years since my last log-in, and verging on four years since my last posts (except for three in 2008). Nice to see some of the old names still around.

Oh, the memories.[/size]

[quote name='Baron Samedi' date='03 October 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1286029486' post='700852']
[size="1"]Nice to see some of the old names still around.
[/size]
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Some of us will never leave! I wonder if OB can last twenty years. The thought is kind of scary, actually. :blink: [/font]

• 1 month later...
Wow, this is odd.

I was thinking of this place a little while ago and meant to pop on...never did.

I don't know if anyone will remember me (well I know SaiyanPrincessX will, just cause she is awesome that way). I used to LOVE this place. I was talking to a friend of mine about how forums and message boards just don't have the same community feel anymore as everyone just uses Facebook or Twitter now...

i told her about all the little RPGs we used to do on here and how it was such a cool wee community, she kinda laughed it off, but it made me want to come back and see how it was doing. Then I forgot again and got on with the usual shizzle.

I'm currently procrastinating from applying for my second degree course...scary to think that I used to come on here when I was just a kid and since then I have got a degree, been working in the big bad world and now back applying for my second! It was when I was filling in the application form and had that daunting "HOLY SHNITZEL THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO?!" realisation, I got thinking of this place again.

So, yeah, basically, hey, hope you are all doing good and stuff. I remember a lot of these names on this thread, it's cool to think we all the same nostalgia pang :P

[quote name='Shinobi' date='30 November 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1291149866' post='702290']
I don't know if anyone will remember me (well I know SaiyanPrincessX will, just cause she is awesome that way).
[/quote]What about your Destiny partner? ;_;

[quote name='Shinobi' date='30 November 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1291149866' post='702290']I don't know if anyone will remember me (well I know SaiyanPrincessX will, just cause she is awesome that way).[/quote]

[size="1"]Wow, welcome back! Of course I remember you, I drew a picture of you a few years ago![/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, there we go again, it took me months to reply to some of these responses. But I can't believe how many names on here I recognize! Syk3, you're an especially old friend of mine! We used to chat on AIM all the time, I remember. Jeeze, this brings back some seriously good memories. I think it's incredible how a web community could impact everyone so much that there is a consistent amount of old-timers returning. I hope everyone here has the same experience as my "generation" did, haha.