OtakuBoards

Anyone here from 2001-ish?

KittyLynn

[quote name='Cruizr'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]I happen to still have HBomb and kuja on my AIM..! :o
*prods*[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Does HBomb ever come on AIM? He disappeared years ago.

And while I'm on the subject, does anyone know what happened to Frank? It's such a huge mystery that it actually has had some of us worried for years.[/font]

[quote name='Shy'][kuja]Me too. LOL! ;)[/kuja][/QUOTE]

I lol'd twice during that sequence, between you and Ken.

I joined in the ***-end of '01. A friend told me about the site, walked me through joining and whatnot because I was a newbie to everything internet at that point. Screwed around here a lot, spammed, made enemies. Grew up a little, made some friends out of enemies, made more enemies...

Made ridiculous posts and was overly aggressive and generally acted half my age. I'd probably mark that as the highlight of my time here.

Joined when V3 launched, so this year will make nine. Kind of scary when you think of how much time I've buried here for such a crappy legacy, lol. I remember almost everyone that has posted here so far...but about only half could tell you something of significance about me I suppose.

I guess that means the lurking is effective, mwah-hah-hah. -_-

OH! Something significant! I bugged James for like an hour to add this back in...V4? 5? ---> :twitch:

• 1 month later...
Interesting. I decide to take a look at Otakuboards after talking about it with a friend the other day and there's a thread for old members. I couldn't remember my old sign in password so I made a new account. I was (and remain, I suppose) Drix DZanth. I think I joined OB around 2000-2001 ish. I remember many of you guys.

Well... eh.... hello :)

Good too see so many of the older members are still on.

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#4b0082"]Wow a throwback huh? Tossing in old usernames and old times, man oh man. Those were awesome days. I recall a Kitty, but my memory is a bit on the dur side from way back in OB. I recall a lot of old members when I came back this past weekend or so. Been gone for lots of years and recalled OB. Wondered how it was and bam it sucked me right in. Evil OB. I won't bother saying my old name >.>
I use to change my name so much. I'm surprised dagger could keep up with all the name change request.

Ahem.

But welcome back! Good to see old member coming back and it's always a pleasure to meet new faces.

Oh crud...-.- I must sound like some tard. I'mma go sleep.
[/color][/size][/font] Edited by Persona

[quote name='DrixDZanth' date='10 June 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1276143733' post='694985']
Interesting. I decide to take a look at Otakuboards after talking about it with a friend the other day and there's a thread for old members. I couldn't remember my old sign in password so I made a new account. I was (and remain, I suppose) Drix DZanth. I think I joined OB around 2000-2001 ish. I remember many of you guys.

Well... eh.... hello :)

Good too see so many of the older members are still on.
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I can give you access to your old account if you want - it'd be kind of a shame to have to start again! Let me know if you want that fixed. :)[/font]

[font="garamond"][size=2][color="Navy"] I feel so young compared to you 01'ers. I joined when I was a freshman in high school under [b]Sesshomarufan[/b]. And look at me now! [img]http://img1.gametrailers.com/community/images/userimages/1359778-1222487148-lolface.jpg[/img][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Korey' date='10 June 2010 - 07:12 PM' timestamp='1276193574' post='695032']
[font="garamond"][size=2][color="Navy"] I feel so young compared to you 01'ers. I joined when I was a freshman in high school under [b]Sesshomarufan[/b]. And look at me now! [img]http://img1.gametrailers.com/community/images/userimages/1359778-1222487148-lolface.jpg[/img][/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Feh, damn n00bs never change.[/size][/font]

2001 member here, as well. I definitely remember you (along with a large majority of the usernames of people I see responding to this thread). I was more of a lurker rather than a well-known member (my original username being /*NoodleZ*\ or something similarly annoying and immature considering I was eleven when I first found OB).

I'm glad to see there are more older members still active than I would have thought. Makes me remember all of the good times I spent here during my childhood.

[color="#2E8B57"]Holy whosit-whatcha. I haven't looked at these boards in years. Glad to see I'm not the only one who sneaks back once in a while. I still use the TheOtaku site quite a bit. I'm never surprised by how many oldies are still here. It's addictive. [/color]

[quote name='Ryan' date='12 June 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1276309000' post='695110']
2001 member here, as well. I definitely remember you (along with a large majority of the usernames of people I see responding to this thread). I was more of a lurker rather than a well-known member (my original username being /*NoodleZ*\ or something similarly annoying and immature considering I was eleven when I first found OB).
[/quote]

I remember you, In fact, I remember just about everyone here. I joined the forum in November 2002 as Saiyangohan2002, I'm probably best known by this name, Shinje. I'm not the infamous, blown-out-of-porportion-into-a-mythical-devil-like-dude Shinji of V2 fame, just named myself that before I knew of him, hence, why the last "I" is now an "E" and I pronounce it to rhyme with "fringe"

I've been around for nearly ten years. It is quite a scary thought! :blink:

[quote name='Ryan' date='12 June 2010 - 03:16 AM' timestamp='1276309000' post='695110']I'm glad to see there are more older members still active than I would have thought. Makes me remember all of the good times I spent here during my childhood.[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Good to see you back old friend.[/size][/font]

Man, has it been a while. I still remember the old Digimon forums from when I first joined. And Calumon-Lover, were you in thet Final Fantasy Survivor that Sandy put together ages ago? Because my mind connects that name to that particular RP.

Tonight, i was feeling rather nostalgic. I just graduated high school and was thinking back to earlier days when I remembered the fact that for about 3 years of my life I loved anime. I remembered theotaku.com so popped on there, and then saw the link for otakuboards. I still remembered my log in and lo and behold it worked!

I joined in '03 back when I was 12 years old and in the 6th grade. I remember I was really worried about what people would think of me so I didn't post too much. I did make a few friends here, and do have fond memories of this board. It's strange to be back here though.

Could anyone tell me what happened to these boards? The way I remember it, there used to be anywhere from 20-100 people on at any given point, but now it seems like that is not the case.

[quote name='GreatDeitylink' date='16 June 2010 - 03:00 AM' timestamp='1276682427' post='695383']
Tonight, i was feeling rather nostalgic. I just graduated high school and was thinking back to earlier days when I remembered the fact that for about 3 years of my life I loved anime. I remembered theotaku.com so popped on there, and then saw the link for otakuboards. I still remembered my log in and lo and behold it worked!

I joined in '03 back when I was 12 years old and in the 6th grade. I remember I was really worried about what people would think of me so I didn't post too much. I did make a few friends here, and do have fond memories of this board. It's strange to be back here though.

Could anyone tell me what happened to these boards? The way I remember it, there used to be anywhere from 20-100 people on at any given point, but now it seems like that is not the case.
[/quote]
The short of it is that OtakuBoards has always suffered from a bit of a personality disorder. The anime fan community has taken very well to social media, so I think the same people who would have posted on OB five years ago are now busy making tribute music videos and discussing their favorite shows on those sites. We're still pretty busy, and this new version has inspired a lot of new activity, it's just not in the same places it used to be.

I joined in '01 when I was in my first year of high school, and I've been here ever since. I'd say the majority of our active member base has been posting for 5+ years, so we've gotten very close in some ways.

-Shy Edited by Shy

I joined around 2001 as anime_gurl, mostly posted in the anime section I think... all I remember mostly is how terrible the Yu Yu Hakeshu forum was and at one point I got into a huge fight with Queen Asuka in the art forum lol. And then I changed my name to maladjusted

but yeah, OB has slowed down considerably imo Edited by eleanor

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='KittyLynn' date='19 March 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1269050928' post='691895']
I used to be known as CL or Kitty around here almost 10 years ago. I thought of this forum today (with fondness, obviously) and decided I'd check it out and see where it is. Wow, it's different. I'm glad to see it still exists though. Anyone else here from back then? Let's hear from ya!

I was so young when I was a regular part of this forum and I just want to say that you guys were seriously an awesome part of my life, and I enjoyed having the friends I did, when I did. I hope OB still has that community feel today.

Keep up the good work James. This place basically raised me.
[/quote]
Wow, I just happened to stumble in here, but I wanted to say hi really quick. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Greg. I remember we chatted a lot back in the day and me and some friends were trying to find you again for the longest time. I see a lot of old friends around here, good to see that the boards haven't changed that much after all. haha

[quote name='Sakura' date='15 June 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1276623218' post='695340']
Man, has it been a while. I still remember the old Digimon forums from when I first joined. And Calumon-Lover, were you in thet Final Fantasy Survivor that Sandy put together ages ago? Because my mind connects that name to that particular RP.
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][b][size="5"][i]SAKURA~~!!![/i][/size][/b] It's me, Lrb! :D Long time no see. ^_^

Stick around we need more RPers![/font][/color]

[quote name='James' date='28 June 2010 - 04:09 AM' timestamp='1277694548' post='696086']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I'm glad so many oldies are still around. Maybe I should recruit you all for a special Let's Revive OB project. ;)[/font]
[/quote]

And how in the world would that work? Would you have a dedicated team of analysts pouring over massive amounts of personal personnel data from networking sites across the Interwebs?

Or would it be a bit more Holy Grailish, with a noble council of elder knights scouring the world house by house, blowing trumpets and heralding their usernames at every door?

That last bit would take a lot of funding, I think.

-Justin Edited by Justin