OtakuBoards

The Unseen: Darkness Rising

PWNED

OOC: Trying my idea for Journal of the Unseen as I quite liked the idea but it just kinda flopped.

[I]How would you react if I told you that there are certain beings that exist outside of what we mere mortals consider to be normal? I would imagine that you would be frightened or dismiss such a thing as merely fantasy.

I wouldn't blame you at all though, we refuse to acknowledge what we consider to be abnormal as it would conflict with the way we perceive the world. But what would happen if our perception of reality began to crack?

My name is Nicholas McNamara and I study the paranormal for a living. I'm a freelance photojournalist, mostly just selling scoops and photographs to the interested parties for pretty much minimal profit.

But something strange is happening with the unseen phenomena, the barriers between our world and theirs have shattered leading to an unmanageable number of beasties pouring into our world and making it their personal playground.

Armed with my camera and my knowledge of all that goes bump in the night, It has become my mission to find the cause to the breaches and to find a way to mend the barriers . At my side I have a group of like minded individuals who are themselves connected to the unseen.
A storm is brewing amongst the Unseen and we aim to discover the cause. [/I]

-------Character Creation------

Name:
Appearance:
Talents:
Character Background:
Personality:
Equipment:

Hmm.. I like it. Pumped.

[B]Name:[/B] Celsi Wish

[B]Age:[/B] 24

[B]Gender:[/B] Female

[B]Appearance:[/B] Celsi's hair is long, wavy, and chesnut-colored, falling to the middle of her back. Her eyes are a emerald green, and she often sports a black, sleeveless hoodie, along with a khadi pair of deceptive skorts (most people mistake it as a skirt. You can imagine the circumstances.) She usually wears a pair of steal-toe boots, but has been known to wear sandals throughout the entirety of summer.

[B]Talents:[/B] Celsi can see others' aura's, and is extremely empathetic. She can not only sense, but physically feel another's joy or pain, of both people and spirits alike.

[B]Character Background[/B]: Celsi grew up under a single mother, lead a moderately normal childhood, despite having to adjust and learn to control her abilities. Around the age of 16, she started volunteering at orphanages and shelters, which aided in the honing of her skills and ability. Since then, she had gone onto college to become a doctor, and is currently in the middle of her degree, making the deans list and continuing to volunteer as often as possible.

[B]Personality:[/B] Naturally soft-toned and kind-hearted. It's rare for her to shout or raise her voice. She's always level-headed and never quick to jump to conclusions. She's more of an observer than partaker in discussions, and enjoys people watching and writing as a hobby.

[B]Equipment:[/B] A high school graduation gift, Celsi always carries with her the Panasonic HVX200 equipped at all times with a shotgun mic, along with her macbook pro, which she is also always seen with.

Name: Dante Hallow
Appearance: Dante is tall, standing at 6'4" without his shoes on. He has dirty blond hair that seems to appear more blond the more sun there is. His eyes are a pale green that seem to hint closer to a different color when the sun hits them just right.

He is normally seen with blue jeans and cowboy boots, but sometimes he will wear his tennish shoes if he thinks there will be alot of walking involved. He wears a black shirt that is covered in a long black duster that he has reinforced with his abilities.

Talents: He is what is known as a magus. Due to the fact that there are multiple types, his range more in force and damage, rather than precise and complex magic. His main abilities include the use of fire and wind, mainly because these will take the least ammount of effort and will. He has been known to use a little bit of earth magic, if the need arises for it.

Due to what he is, he is able to sense the shifts in the flow of magics and such. If he is close enough, which happens to be around thirty yards or so, he can sense when things are summond, or if magic has been used. With that, he can use a simple tracking spell, and if the magic is strong enough, he can find out who, or what it came from.

Character Background: Dante came about his abilities around the age of sixteen. His father was a magus as well, and drilled it into Dante until he was able to stand on his own two feet. Soon after he was able to gain a decent ammount of control, roughly till the age of nineteen, Dante's father was killed in a fight with another mage.

Since that time, he has been working for himself, basically as an excorcist, or a P.I. He enjoys his jobs, but as of late, they seem to be taking more and more effort to banish the feinds, or uncover what it is that he is trying to do. This is not reflected off his abilities, its just that things seem to be getting stronger the stronger he becomes.

Personality: He is a smart ass. He will make comments, then think about them after. Basically, he talks first, then uses his brain later. He is very loyal, however. If he finds someone that he knows, or cares about in trouble, he will find whatever it is that is making their lives dificult, and if he cant stop them, or they try to take it to far, he is willing to use his magic against them.

Equipment: Dante wears four rings, two on each hand. These store kinetic engergy as he walks, runs, basically does anything that involves movement. He is able to tap into these rings and use them with his magic. He also has a staff, which has runes carved throughout the wood, which enhance his abilities even more, and helps him control his magic.

His duster has been reinforced with his magic, which makes it so it cant be penetrated by anything magical. If it is from the mortal world, his duster serves no protection from it, but its still nice to have in a pinch.

[CENTER]-----------------[/CENTER]

there ya go, if you have any questions or if you need me to change anything let me kno :animesmil

Name: Nicholas "Nicky" McNamara

Appearance: [URL="http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6700000/anime-guy-anime-guys-6785916-320-547.jpg"]Click Here[/URL]

Talents: Nicholas' main talent is that, by his own reckoning, he is very savvy to things such as folklore and the paranormal. He also possesses a keen eye for smaller details that others would pass over.

Character Background: Nicholas' background is essentially what any other Irishman has... besides the fact that he has been witness to paranormal phenomena from a young age, in addition to his studies as a Journalist, led him to becoming a paranormal journalist which he has been doing ever since. Over the years he has seen a lot although he seems to embellish a fair chunk of his experiences. His main focus in life is to confirm the existence of the Golem of Prague

Personality: Very self-centered and arrogant, Nicholas lives for only one person... himself. He does have a light side though, he is willing to help others as long as he doesn't end up in any form of trouble.

Equipment: Nicholas carries around the standard equipment for an investigator; His regular gear include a Flash camera, various notepads and pens as well as a pair of binoculars. His final piece of equipment is a bizarre set of glasses. These allow him to see something for what it is (ie: some supernatural being disguised as a human).

I think I'll play..... as twins.

Name: Ryan and Lucas Marionette

Appearance: They stand in at 6'0" 155 lbs, lean builds, ash blonde hair, and emerald green eyes. They look aristocratic, with their defined features. Lucas tends to wear more elaborate and gothic clothing, while Ryan wears more punky clothing.

Talents: These two are by far quite the experts on the supernatural. They have studied extensively on the subject, and few know more than they. They are also quite the historians, specializing on the paranormal activities pertaining to the legendary Titanic. They're also good at forging false documents, and have all the equipment they could ever need to do so. However, they are able to sense and see many paranormal beings and occurences that others cannot.

Background: Not much is known about these two, though they seem to be quite well off when it comes to money. They're both geniuses, and have proven it time and time again. Lucas is quite the talented singer, and Ryan is the skater.

Personalities: Lucas is the more laid back of the two, though not by much. Ryan is the wild-fire punk. However, both are extremely intelligent, despite the antics of the two of them. They're both class clowns, and love making people laugh. Yet, as freindly as they are, they never reveal much about themselves.

Equipment: Blackberry cell phones are their preferred items of choice. They are also never seen without their necklaces, twin golden chains conected to deep purple amethysts inscribed with arcane runes. Nothing is known about the powers these necklaces contain.

[U]Name:[/U] Matt Venon
[U]

[U]Gender[/U]: Male

[U]Appearance[/U]: [COLOR=Cyan][URL="http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/superman-trenchcoat.jpg"][B]click[/B][/URL][/COLOR]

[U]Talents:[/U] Matt has psychic abilities involving touch, he can look back on certain objects of significance and see the past simply by touching them.
he is also a detective, which is his normal means of employment so he has three important tricks of the trade
[COLOR=Black]observation, knowledge, and deductive reasoning.

[/COLOR][U] Character Background:[/U] Matt was always involved with he detective agencies and police because of his ability to somehow solve the cases of vile criminals by simply touching a murder weapon. "the psychic kid" was normally called in on cases that stumped the men who were paid to find answers. this brought him to many crime scenes. He learned a lot about detective work by lending a hand in countless cases, as well as finding a familiarity with death. As he grew, he could think of no other occupation that could take his mind off of solving cases, so he became a detective himself.

[U]Personality[/U]: Sarcastic and grumpy are the two main adjectives that frequent the surface of Matt Venon, but the people he is closest to know a third side, compassionate. Anything this man holds dear, he holds on to for dear life.
[LEFT][U]
Equipment:[/U] A mini laptop that has 3G and a wireless card allowing internet access at almost all times, which is good because he frequently browses the internet to "add to my personal data-banks" as he often says. he has a black carrying case for it, and he is never without his trench coat. Being part of law enforcement, he has a semi-automatic pistol with him.
[/LEFT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]This seems like all those horror/mystery TV show characters thrown into one big monster-huntin' howdown! Count me in. I hope you don't mind my crazy idea for a character. Let me know what you think.

[INDENT][B]Name:[/B] Michael
[B]Age:[/B] Physically 21, Spiritually over 600, 7 in Cat years.
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Appearance:[/B]
[CENTER][img]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs17/300W/i/2007/204/e/c/Magic_Cat_by_SpookyAga.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

[B]Character Background:[/B] When the barrier between the living and the under worlds began to crack, the spirit of Michael (a 21 year old boy who was killed searching for the truth about paranormal activity... 60 years ago) managed to slip through one of the cracks (as many foul and vicious creatures did) only to find himself a ghost on the other side. Feeling his spirit powers fading in the living world, Michael possessed the body of a young black cat strolling by so his powers would remain intact.

When Michael was living, he spent a lot of time investigating strange happenings in his town. His first paranormal experience was that of a haunted house in the forest near his house. He didn't manage to actually see a ghost, but the evidence the ghost provided (blood appearing on the wall as he walked through the hallway, foot steps being heard from above even though there was no upper level) was strong enough to fuel his passion and for 5 years after that, Michael became invested in discovering everything he could about the paranormal.

Unfortunately it was his undoing. Investigating rumors of a terrible cave-dwelling monster in the middle of the night by himself, Michael was killed not by the monster but by a lowly bandit who stalked that particular forest for such easy prey. The thief got the best of him with one swift blow the back of the head and before he knew it, Michael awoke in a sea of wailing souls.

[B]Talents:[/B] Because of Michael's experience in the living world he was able to escape the sea of souls (the lowest tier of the Underworld as Michael sees it) with a few minor tricks and escaped into the 'backyard' of the Underworld if you will. He spent 600 years there (for each year in the living is a century for the dead), learning everything there is to know about the paranormal and the underworld.

When he learned of a crack in the barrier, he knew this could be his only shot to get back to the living and so riding the coat tail of an Arch-demon whom he trusted, he made it through in one piece.

As he is just a cat now, with very little powers (only the ability to talk telepathically as most ghosts can), Michael has spent his first few days back on Earth searching for someone to help him seal this barrier forever and save the living. Carrying invaluable knowledge of the world below that only one who's been there can know, he is quite the asset to have.

In time his spiritual powers will begin manifesting but the cat form he holds is not strong enough to contain such magic and Michael will eventually need to find a new form in order to use stronger magic. For now, he only has his knowledge of the paranormal, the ability to talk telepathically and the uncanny charm of a cat.

[B]Personality:[/B] Michael is very serious about his work and doesn't like to joke about the end of the world. He'll always have something elderly and wise to say (remember he is technically over 620 years old) and hates to waste time with little things like humor and love.

Yes, not living for 600 years can really affect your personality and view of life, but Michael has never lost site of his ultimate goal. "Beridding the world of darkness so that eternal light may shine."

[B]Equipment:[/B] None.[/COLOR][/FONT][/INDENT]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Georgia"]Room for one more? :o this would be a wonderful opportunity to "get back into it" after finals are over next week!

Name: Hyun Jae "Emily" Park

Appearance: 5'6, thin, large dark Almond eyes, cropped straight black hair, pale skin.
[IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6316/sonjihee.jpg[/IMG]

Talents: Heightened Intuition and some defensive 'magical' powers.

Character background: As a child growing up in South Korea, Emily, who still went by Hyun Jae then, knew early on that she was different. There often seemed to be visitors in her home and Emily was very friendly and always tried to help them. Emily's mother became scared and even cold towards Emily. It wasn't until much later, after endless tormenting and bullying at school, that Emily realized that these visitors were actually beings that other people couldn't see. When Emily was 14, there was a particular incident where her power's physically manifested themselves, to repel a rather unfriendly visitor. This resulted in rather extensive damage to her home, which was the last straw for her mother who then sent her off to boarding school in America. She and her Mom talk once a year on the phone, and Emily hasn't been back to Korea since. She chose the English name Emily in order to distance herself from her past.

Personality: Because of the constant bullying, Emily became an introvert, instead dedicating herself to her studies, and trying to ignore the gift that she was given, seeing it more as a curse. She is extremely quiet and softspoken, and doesn't stand up for herself. She has learned how to differenciate the paranormal and those like her from the average person, and keeps to herself. After she graduated from high school, she took a job at a library, and only leaves home to go to work. She spends much of her time after hours, studying books on the paranormal as well as researching whether or not she can suppress or eliminate her abilities altogether, and become normal. Quiet and cautious, she hates doing anything without making a thorough and well thought out plan first.[/FONT]

PS do you need us to put how we meet the other characters, or will you be putting that together?

[I]PS do you need us to put how we meet the other characters, or will you be putting that together?[/I]

Yeah, that would be nice but not nessecary. If you want to do so then feel free but I prefer finding out about connections during the story.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Black][B]Name:[/B] Silje "Sesilia" Holan
[B] Age:[/B] 22[B] Gender:[/B] Female
[B] Appearance:[/B][/COLOR][center][/FONT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/e0rcrq.jpg[/IMG]
[/center]
[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Black][B]Talents:[/B] Sesilia has the innate and passive ability to draw strange phenomena to her person. She is a 'psychic and otherwordly magnet' in a sense. Things just seem to happen around her, although most of the time she doesn't notice and if she does, she doesn't realize she is the cause. She also has a doppelgänger that sometimes acts as a third man phenomenon when she is in danger.
[B] Character Background: [/B]Silje was born to a Norwegian father and a Malaysian mother. Because of her birth in Bergen, she was given a name to help her fit into her birthplace. As Silje grew up however, one night soon after her eighth birthday, she saw a terrifying creature that she would later discover was called a Penanggalan[/COLOR]. She told her father about it the next day but he said it was probably just a nightmare. That day however, Silje's mother disappeared and her father wouldn't tell her what happened and didn't want to speak about it. For eight long years, Silje quietly lived in her father's house. At sixteen however, she started a band with some friends and decided to come up with a new name for herself. She thought of Cecilia at first, but didn't like the spelling. She decided on Sesilia instead and made it her new stage name.

It turned out though, that Silje's father had tried to protect her from the other people of the city. For rumors had gone around that the house that Silje and her father shared was cursed. People's opinions soon changed though, when Silje spent the night at a friend's house and it experienced a ghostly visit. Everyone then decided that Silje was cursed. This led to fights with her father, interviews, constant harassment, and Silje leaving the country under the name of Sesilia.

Now, years later Sesilia is twenty-two and traveling. She has discovered that even more otherworldly incidents have occurred around her, but she still does not know why. She still enjoys playing the piano, the guitar, and other instruments. But now she mostly records the sounds of spirits and other terrors of the night. She then saves them and usually plays them back for any psychics, ghost chasers, or anyone else that is interested.
[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Black][B] Personality:[/B] Sesilia is an outgoing person, but with a nasty temper. If she or a friend is ridiculed or attacked, she won't hesitate to get her revenge. This has led her into a lot of trouble, especially with people who claim that she is bad luck or a curse. Besides that, she used to be easily annoyed with the people who always invited her to talk about spirits or join her on their hunts, but after buying her equipment, she doesn't mind it so much.
[B] Equipment:[/B] Sesilia has a home base where she keeps her studio equipment and her instruments. Her tours however have funded the money for other recording equipment. She now carries around a voice recorder on her person at all times. If she is actually invited to look for a spirit though, she will bring more advanced equipment than that.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]Name:[/B] Aleksander Jay Gatsby
[B]Age:[/B] 20
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Appearance:[/B] [[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/03.jpg"]15 yr. old Aleksander[/URL]]
Aleksander stands at 6’1’’ and weighs roughly 165 lbs. Since the picture was taken of him 5 years ago his features have gotten sharper, but otherwise are very similar. He keeps his dark brunette hair at ear length, and it falls messily over [[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/Glasses-1.jpg"]his glasses[/URL]] and nearly manages to divert attention from his heterochromatic eyes—though the bulk of the pupils are amber colored, there are golden rings around his irises, which make his pupils appear like the sun during an eclipse. His normal attire is fairly simply, usually consisting of some form of button up plaid shirt, dark blue jeans with slightly faded white fronts and his black vans. Other than that he wears three silver rings with onyx center bands on his right middle, ring, and pinky fingers, a silver analog watch with a black center and roman numerals for numbers on his right wrist, and a black sweatband on his left wrist.

[B]Talents:[/B] Aleksander affectionately refers to his ability as “Harmonization”. For some reason Aleksander himself is not completely sure of, he has the ability to negate other people’s abilities, though only when that ability is used on him. He thinks his ability may stem from his tendency to relate to everyone he comes into contact with and likewise calm them down if their emotions flare up negatively. Lately he's felt his ability growing stronger, and he thinks it might evolve soon. Aside from that, Aleksander knows only a bit about the supernatural, owing any knowledge he has to his extensive interest in varying mythologies.

[B]Character Background[/B]: Aleksander views his past with relative disinterest, and rarely speaks about it. All that’s he revealed about his childhood is that his parents split when he was young, that he moved around a bit, that he read a lot, and that regardless of his home life he was never at a want for affection or love because he never had problems making friends with those around him. Even Aleksander’s sister, Elliot Clementine Gatsby, despite her love of chatting, prefers to leave the topic of their youth alone.

[B]Personality:[/B] It would be easy to say Aleksander is jovial and amiable to a fault, but that wouldn’t be entirely correct—though it does appear that Aleksander sets himself up to be taken advantage of and hurt with his almost childishly innocent happiness, no such thing ever happens to him. He warmly opens himself up to anyone who asks, and apparently this honest gesture is enough to earn him the loyalty of nigh everyone he meets.

[B]Equipment:[/B] He tends to carry around a black messenger back filled with his laptop, a couple notebooks, his cell phone, and miscellaneous school supplies. He also carries his Zune with him at all times, although that’s for more than just listening to music—he has a playlist entirely filled with white noise, which allows him to hear, sense, and see nearby spirits and the like.[/FONT]