OtakuBoards

XL Basic or Wet Paint ?

Gavin

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which skin are you using ?

• XL Basic
    • Wet Paint

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]So which of new OB's two skins are you grooving to (and why) ?

Liking Wet Paint myself, the reds and greys of Basic are just looking a little too harsh for me over the softer tones of orange and blue.[/size][/font]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also using wet paint for similar reasons. The orange seems to be a little lively-er. Now that "O" in "Otaku" should be changed to that color as well and then we'll have something like Soul Eater going on.

[quote name='Gavin' date='01 June 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1275441748' post='694176']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]So which of new OB's two skins are you grooving to (and why) ?

Liking Wet Paint myself, the reds and greys of Basic are just looking a little too harsh for me over the softer tones of orange and blue.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

I agree. The Basic really is hard to look at. It personally hurts my eyes. The Wet Paint is easier on the eyes. I like the colors better too.

[quote name='Gavin' date='01 June 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1275441748' post='694176']

[/quote]

Wet Paint looks cooler to me. I wonder if these are slightly modified default skins or completely original. Either way it looks nice. Glad to see Invision Board is still alive and kicking.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm very interested in this poll, because it may be worth making "Wet Paint" our default skin until we add more in the future. What do you guys think?

That way XL Basic can still be there for anyone who wants a simpler/minimal skin.

Edit: Oh! Weird, my font is automatically bold! Got to sort that one out, haha.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"][color="#9932cc"]Yeaaaaah, I dislike orange in general except in my real live sunsets. But I like the textured look of it regardless. Either way it's still softer on the eyes.

...and my post is bold too. Maybe it's a poll thread thing. WAIT NO! Editing made it go away!
[/color][/font] Edited by Raiha

[quote name='Dagger' date='02 June 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1275445326' post='694194']That said, XL Basic didn't seem particularly harsh to me until I read all the comments in this thread, haha.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Lowers his mind-control device*[/size][/font]

[quote name='Aberinkula & Fitch' date='01 June 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1275445574' post='694196']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Wet Paint, Basic lives up to its name too well.

Though I do miss the caramelldansen feature for some reason. Must be some kind of self-imposed Stockholm Syndrome.[/font]
[/quote]

Hush. That feature is evil.

I guess wet paint should be the default, although it don't really matter to me. Edited by Rebellion

[size=1]I'm using Wet Paint, but both of the skins have too much white space for me. I'm sure as time goes on the new skins will make better use of this space, though.

-Shy[/size]

[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]Okay, where do I set it to basic. It's defaulting to the other when I come to log in. I looked but I'm not seeing where to set it.

I don't really like the Orange look to be honest, so I'd rather not need to switch it every time I log in.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Indi-Cat' date='01 June 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1275450624' post='694218']
[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]Okay, where do I set it to basic. It's defaulting to the other when I come to log in. I looked but I'm not seeing where to set it.

I don't really like the Orange look to be honest, so I'd rather not need to switch it every time I log in.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Scroll down all the way to the bottom; there's a small dropdown menu for it, next to another one that says "English (USA)".

[color=#4B0082]You can change skins with the little drop-down menu in the lower left corner of pages, just like before. And you no longer need to set a default in your options. The drop-down selection will be saved until you change it, even if you log out.

I like XL Basic. The bright orange of Wet Paint is too much for me.[/color]

[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"][quote name='Vivian' date='01 June 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1275450741' post='694219']
Scroll down all the way to the bottom; there's a small dropdown menu for it, next to another one that says "English (USA)".
[/quote]
Already did that Gome. Problem was when I reopened my browser, it defaulted back to the Orange one, which I don't like.

[quote name='Desbreko' date='01 June 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1275450968' post='694221']
[color=#4B0082]You can change skins with the little drop-down menu in the lower left corner of pages, just like before. And you no longer need to set a default in your options. The drop-down selection will be saved until you change it, even if you log out.

I like XL Basic. The bright orange of Wet Paint is too much for me.[/color][/quote]
Sounds like I'll have to change my default loading url for firefox since it clears everything when I close it. Otherwise I'll get that orange every time and I'd rather not. =p

[b]EDIT:[/b] or not, the URL is identical. =/ Which means I'll have to switch it every time. That bites. [/font][/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium]That's weird - you shouldn't have to settle with that. It should be stored in your OB cookie I'd think - your browser should remember whatever skin you've applied on your account. Hm...[/font]

[color=#4B0082]I don't think the drop-down uses a cookie to change the skin like vB did. As far as I can tell, it saves the change directly to your account. Because I can change the skin to XL Basic, log out and clear all my OB cookies, and see Wet Paint as the default while logged out. Then when I log back in, it goes back to XL Basic.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko' date='02 June 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1275455684' post='694237']
[color=#4B0082]I don't think the drop-down uses a cookie to change the skin like vB did. As far as I can tell, it saves the change directly to your account. Because I can change the skin to XL Basic, log out and clear all my OB cookies, and see Wet Paint as the default while logged out. Then when I log back in, it goes back to XL Basic.[/color]
[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh I see - well that's certainly a more intelligent way of doing it. But then I wonder what the issue is with Indi's account.[/font]