OtakuBoards

E3 2010

Magus

It's that time of the year again... Well, almost. E3 is right around the corner. I think it starts on the 15th. Anything you're anticipating or exciting to see more details about?

Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with the games like I usually do so I'm pretty behind on what to expect. I heard about the Nintendo 3DS, which I can't say that I'm anticipating all that much. (Hey, I'm still anti-Nintendo although I do own a DS) I guess it depends on the games that's coming to that thing. I also heard about a new God of War game that's suppose to be making an appearance. I haven't played GoW3 yet but I am curious about this one.

Overall though, from off the top of my head the only games I'm really interested in seeing (I'll probably catch each event a day later since I go to class at night) are Final Fantasy XIII Versus (however that's suppose to go), Metal Gear Solid: Rising and Marvel vs Capcom 3. (I still need to get a ps3 so I can play MGS4 and SF4/SSF4)

Your thoughts and stuff.

I'm looking forward to some more info on the Nintendo 3DS. Looks like they're onto something. I've heard it's supposed to be as powerful as the XBOX 360.

What I would really like to see is that the whole Duke Nukem Forever fiasco was one big conspiracy and that it's actually coming out soon. Somehow I doubt that will happen though.

I'm also hoping for some cool games that have yet to be announced. Maybe some more 8-bit games in the works? Super Mario Bros. 4 8 bit? Perhaps an entirely new 8 bit game from Capcom? If not I'll just have to settle for a copy of Battle Kid when I get the chance to order it. I hear they're working out some bugs, so that's nice to hear.

[size=2][font=trebuchet ms]This one is easy.....SWTOR, new final fantasy mmo, and any other MMORPG that is coming out this and next year that might possibly entice me. One that is not heavily instanced and feels like a single-player game. We need a game that is somewhat of a mixture of WOW and SWG. That is what I'm looking for. [/size][/font]

Microsoft's press conference started out fine with expected sequels, but kind of went downhill for me when they started focusing way too much on Kinect. I see potential there, but what they showed there didn't really grab me.

However, Nintendo really brought it this year. New vibrant Zelda that looks like an awesome mix of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Controls were quite iffy during the presentation, but I'm sure they were just having technical difficulties as they said on stage. Hopefully the hands-on impressions will be positive.

Donkey Country Returns, Kirby Epic Yarn, and Kid Icarus were all incredible and I'm glad to see that their all back with style. Also, 3DS seems pretty nifty so far with a lot of support from third parties.

Here's hoping that Sony's conference will be just as good! :)

Edit:

3DS seems to be having all kinds of games being made for it! Remakes of Starfox 64, Zelda OOT, and a whole bunch of solid 3rd party titles.

Sony's conference felt pretty slow to get things going, but they did get a few nice announcements such as Portal 2 and Twisted Metal. Kevin Butler was awesome as always. The Move stuff seems fine enough, but once again nothing really new. Overall it was a decent show. Edited by Treble

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]From the looks of it, [url=http://mynintendonews.com/2010/06/15/nintendo-3ds-e3-website-reveals-more-classic-nintendo-games-for-3ds/]OoT is not alone.[/url]

brbscreamingmylungsout@potentialpapermarioremake

and [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5oqHYOpH0E"]Portal 2 trailer[/url] <33333 I love E3.[/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/205ds8n.jpg[/img]

Got home from work

Realized Nintendo had their conference today

NEW ZELDA

BOOSH

OOT REMAKE

BOOSH

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY

BOOSH

KID ICARUS

BOOSH

GOLDENEYE

BOOSH

EVERYTHING ABOUT 3DS

BA-BA-BA-BOOSH

[color="#708090"][size="1"]E3 has the unfortunate problem of landing on the dates that the World Cup is on so I haven't caught much of the conferences. I only really saw EA's which had some slick things to be shown. The new [b]Dead Space[/b] looks great and [b]Medal of Honor[/b] is looking like that's where it's going to be where it's at in terms of FPS this year. As well, the new [b]Need For Speed: Most Wanted[/b] made by Criterion, the Burnout guys, is shaping up to be great. Can't wait.[/size][/color] Edited by silpheedpilot

Errr... I've only seen Metal Gear Solid Rising, Killzone 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops. A bit of Nintendo's showcase. I've already shared my piece about MGSR. Killzone 3 and Call of Duty looks nice though. Can't say that I've been feeling FPS's lately though. As for Nintendo, same as always, I'm just not a fan of the stuff. I hear they did steal the show though, for those who're more into the Nintendo.

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]So I read a few missives on the whole 3D aspect through Penny Arcade and other links. Project Natal was a much cooler name than the Kinetic crap they've replaced it with. G4 apprised me of that particular marketing mistake.

In short, I'm not thrilled with all of this new fangled crap. I expect my games to lie there, effectively 2D, so I can feel less empathy when I put my foot through them in frustration. Also 3D technology has yet to appear in a cheap, feasible manner. Or in a way that doesn't give me a horrible headache. Why is 3D such a big deal anyway? The cost estimates and release dates appear to be all just random guesses anyway. I can't imagine that by the next fiscal year, someone's managed to throw together cost effective and pretty 3D tech for home use.
[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Citric' date='16 June 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1276714801' post='695411']
[url="http://gbatemp.net/t233424-screenshots-for-upcoming-3ds-games"]Nintendo won it. Nintendo won it hard.[/url]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]>OoT remake

>new Professor Layton

>[b]New[?] Paper Mario[/b]

Kay, Nintendo needs to marry me now.

Edit: [url="http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098051p1.html"]Wow.[/url][/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

At first I thought that this E3 wasn't going to be worth anything, and to be honest, I haven't felt like watching it either. (Had a free day yesterday, and could've watched it but I'm just not feeling it) And after seeing Microsoft's conference, and hearing about all this motion control stuff I was beginning to lose interest all together, but like all E3's, the games are the heart of it and there were quite a bunch of games that've caught my attention so far. But before I speak about those games, I gotta say that the 3DS is looking mighty impressive now. I was not interested at first, but consider me onboard with it now. (This does not mean anything. I'm still not much of a Nintendo fan by a longshot, just the DS :D) A bunch of remakes for sure, but graphic updates are nice. Metal Gear Solid 3DS looks really good.

But yeah, they should just leave all the talk about hardware, motion control, and movies or whatever out of these conferences and just do games because all that other stuff is just a boring. Anyway, with that said, here's what I've caught my eyes so far.

Metal Gear Solid Rising (naturally lol)
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Killzone 3
Call of Duty Black Ops
Batman Brave and the Bold
Infamous 2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 (only because of the graphics so far)
Castlevania Lord of Shadows

And then I've yet to see Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Gears of War 3. So I'll be looking at those video's soon, and will probably add them to the list as well.

And then with that 3DS

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater (it is safe to call it that right?)
Staf Fox 3DS
Street Fighter IV 3DS
Zelda OoT 3DS (although the Zelda series in general are beginning to wane on me, but I do like graphic updates... Well, it's not really an update, but looks more colorful from what I can remember)

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I still haven't watched everything E3-related that I'm interested in, but so far I'm really wowed - especially by Nintendo. There's suddenly a ton of stuff I want to get for Wii (and 3DS). That's kind of good, because lately my PS3 has been getting a workout and my Wii has been collecting dust (although I still play SMG and NSMB).

So far I'm not terribly interested in Kinect - I actually think that, for a few practical reasons, the design is slightly flawed. It'll be interesting to see how that works out. I'd have preferred the name Xbox Wave, as opposed to "Kinect for Xbox 360". Yuck.
[/font]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Apparently they are changing quite a bit. From what Aonuma said, the entire graphics have changed, the controls have been improved and the actual plot has been changed to some degree (I'd say probably some new scenes and improved dialogue between characters).

I think this will be the definitive version of OoT. Aonuma seems quite passionate about going back and making OoT as good as it can be. So fingers crossed.
[/font]

[quote name='James' date='17 June 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1276831360' post='695499']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Apparently they are changing quite a bit. From what Aonuma said, the entire graphics have changed, the controls have been improved and the actual plot has been changed to some degree (I'd say probably some new scenes and improved dialogue between characters).

I think this will be the definitive version of OoT. Aonuma seems quite passionate about going back and making OoT as good as it can be. So fingers crossed.
[/font]
[/quote]
[color="#008000"]Lets just hope that's what happens and it doesn't get ruined in the process. [/color]

[quote name='Tonks' date='17 June 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1276824909' post='695494']
OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD!!

I just found out about this and OH MY GOD
[/quote]

me when I heard about it

[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/4g5dsg.jpg[/img]

[quote name='James' date='17 June 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1276831360' post='695499']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Apparently they are changing quite a bit. From what Aonuma said, the entire graphics have changed, [b]the controls have been improved[/b] and the actual plot has been changed to some degree (I'd say probably some new scenes and improved dialogue between characters).[/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]If Epona can move in more than eight directions and two speeds and actually arrive at her destination without stopping dead because you grazed the corner of some random brick wall, that's good enough for me.

Also, I'm disappointed that no one is talking about [url="http://kotaku.com/5566576/scott-pilgrims-e3-trailer-blows-our-pixellated-socks-off"]Scott Pilgrim's Unspeakably Epic River City Ransom Tribute[/url].[/font] Edited by gallowsCalibrator

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has really stolen this E3 for me. I've yet to play 1 or 2 (it has me wanting to buy and play both of them), but seeing this game and hearing what's being incorporated just has me giddy. I know I've been saying the first game I probably will end up getting when I get me a ps3 will be Metal Gear Solid 4, but after that, I have no idea. There are so many choices for the ps3 now. (Whether they're exclusive or multi-platform)

I'm surprised that no one is talking about that new Zelda... Skyward Sword or something like that. Like I said, Zelda has been tiring me out. That's 3 Zelda games in one show.. Nintendo fans should be pleased for quite some time now with the games that're being milked now. Although, I will admit that I'm fairly curious about the Other M.

But like I said, Assassin's Creed really stole this show for me, and just might be my game of the year this time around.... (Who am I kidding, I haven't played anything that came out within the last 2 years to consider anything to be Game of the Year) Edited by Magus