OtakuBoards

The Birthday Thread

chibi-master

Okay, so I used to PM the members whose names I recognized in the birthday box. But NOW, everyone keeps changing their names around, so I've decided to start this thread.

So, this is the thread where you get to share birthday stories, tell what you want for your birthday, etc.

I also have a list of questions:

What year was your favorite birthday?

What year was your worst birthday?

What is the best gift you have ever received?

When is your birthday, anyway?

[quote name='chibi-master']Okay, so I used to PM the members whose names I recognized in the birthday box. But NOW, everyone keeps changing their names around, so I've decided to start this thread.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Incidentally, that confusion is what the Friends feature would logically be useful in thwarting. But what the heck. In order:
[list][*]Can't remember; it was a bowling gig with a massive cake. Eighth, I think, or ninth, depending on how long it was after the next item.[*]Seventh, I think. One kid puked, and I asked the 'illusionist' his secret. < <[*]Hard to say. Perspective changes from year to year, and what I thought was amazing when I was ten I can no longer remember now.[*]I don't have a birthday anymore. I have been seventeen since Columbus ran into the continent by accident.[/list][/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='03 June 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1275600813' post='694462']
Okay, so I used to PM the members whose names I recognized in the birthday box. But NOW, everyone keeps changing their names around, so I've decided to start this thread.

So, this is the thread where you get to share birthday stories, tell what you want for your birthday, etc.

[/quote]

[color="#4169E1"]My favourite birthday was probably my 18th. I got 2 new tattoos & went out to my first hookah bar & ate dinner with the best friend. It was a really nice day.

My worst birthday was my 17th. I don't really want to talk about it.

I've learned the best gift is company.

October 3rd![/color]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='03 June 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1275600813' post='694462']

[/quote]

I suppose it would be 2008 where I went bowling with my family and friends... Well, we went before my birthday since I was leaving to go to Arizona then.

2004, which was already a crappy year to begin with... (long story, but know that I could've ended up snapping on any and everyone around me) But my grandmother died either the week of or the day of my birthday.

A ps2. But for the most part I never really expect anything since crap tends to always come up around my birthday so I don't really celebrate it anymore. The whole bowling with family and friends was just to get together with everyone before I left.

August 30.

[b]What year was your favorite birthday?[/b] All of my 80's birthdays. I used to get a new He-man figure each birthday.
[b]
What year was your worst birthday?[/b] My 18th. I broke my ankle, it rained and I had the flu.

[b]What is the best gift you have ever received?[/b] Pink bunny slippers.

[b]When is your birthday, anyway?[/b] September 16, 1979

[quote name='Allamorph' date='03 June 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1275611299' post='694485']
[FONT=Calibri]I don't have a birthday anymore. I have been seventeen since Columbus ran into the continent by accident.[/FONT]
[/quote]
[size="1"][font="Verdana"]...Edward? Is that you? :|

Anyway.

My favorite birthday was my 17th. My closest friends and I played board games and that was about it, but it was probably the most hysterical night of my life. Loaded Questions is the best board game for creating countless ridiculous, highly inappropriate inside jokes. I can't even remember what material crap I got that year, just that the night was a good one.

Worst birthday was probably 18th. I tried to do the same thing as the previous year, but only three people decided to come and I was just really depressed at the time. I didn't ask for anything, either, so the part of me that thinks birthdays are for big gains was pretty disappointed. Right now I'm thinking my 19th, which is in a month (July 20), won't be any better. I don't know if I will have any kind of event or even ask for anything.

Best gift, materially speaking, was probably my Nintendo 64 at age 8. It remarkably still works after an entire decade of use and abuse, and it has a lot more sentimental value than my PS2 (age 12).

Best sentimental gift was an edited version of the Clue board game that my friend made for me when I turned 17. It features me and some of my friends as the characters and locations dear to me as the rooms in the mansion (such as my favorite classroom in high school). I also count my two summer camp experiences as birthday gifts, and those were filled with incredible memories.

I realized that I'll be turning TWENTY next year, and that scares me really bad. I mean, I'm not even 19 yet, but the idea that I'll soon be losing the -teen from my age is pretty jarring.[/font][/size] Edited by Clurr

[/quote]

What year was your favorite birthday? My favorite birthday was my 18th birthday....it was the perfect day...We had field day all day, got 3 cakes, got a birthday kiss from this one girl, and then ended it with a movie that night. It was just awesome.

What year was your worst birthday? my worst birthday was my 13th birthday....just an awful birthday...no presents, no love, no nothing.

What is the best gift you have ever received? Best gift was a hat with my nickname "DQ" on it. Loved that hat to death but this girl took it at camp...but Im getting it back. The kiss on my 18th birthday wasn't half bad either.

When is your birthday, anyway? May 16th

[quote name='chibi-master' date='03 June 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1275600813' post='694462']

[/quote]

That's a tough one, since i had 2 really good birthdays. I think the best birthday i has was when i was 17 years old, i got a little bit drunk XD

My worst birthday was my 13th, we camped out in my garden shed/summer house thing and i woke up to a big, fat, huge, scary, spider next to me. I thought i was going to die >.<

Best birthday present ever was a brand new laptop. (which died)

My birthday is 30th July.

[font="Arial Narrow"][size="2"][b]
What year was your favorite birthday?[/b][/size][/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="2"]Last year! I celebrated 5 times! I was in England on exchange and went to London with a friend for a photoshoot! and to see some plays. Then I went to stay with my sister (who lives there permanently) for my birthday. She and her husband and I went to the pub, and then my Mum walked in! She'd flown over to surprise me! Then they made me all my favourite foods, a birthday cake shaped like balloons and we all got merrily sloshed! Then two days later we flew to Paris for a birthday present, then I spent a week in Nice. Then I returned to France to visit my old flatmates, and they took me to Eurodisney as a birthday present. Then I returned to Australia and had another party. Oh yeah, it was awesome. [/size][/font]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size="2"][b]
What year was your worst birthday?[/b][/size][/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="2"][b]I don't...really remember. Probably my 19th. I was in the middle of exams and one of my friends had died a few months before hand and all of my friends were too busy and my family was so far away...

What is the best gift you have ever received?[/b][/size][/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="2"][b]Um, my Mum flying over for my birthday. That was pretty damn cool. My heart stopped, I was so shocked.

When is your birthday, anyway? [/b][/size][/font]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size="2"]In 10 days! So I want Happy Birthday messages! [It's the 20th of June. I'm pretty excited but probably won't do anything. I'd like to, but I have final exams around my birthday, then a large majority of my friends are going overseas for the holidays, and then by the time we get back it's already August. So I'm not sure anything is going to happen. We'll see.][/size][/font] Edited by Lady Asphyxia

[size=1][b]What year was your favorite birthday?[/b]: I think my14th...I went to water world in Concord, CA with my friends. It was insanely fun day that led me getting sunburnt but so worth it.

[b]What year was your worst birthday?[/b]: Ironically my sixteenth. It was so a "Sweet sixteenth" movie moment my whole family forgot AND I had to go to summer school. My teacher bitched me out about not doing my essay and lectured me, and then when she found out it was my bday she ordered pizza cause she felt so bad lol

[b]What is the best gift you have ever received?[/b]: A computer for my bday. But then again I payed for it myself, so does that count? Haha.

[b]When is your birthday, anyway?[/b]: July 7th. I was born in 1987. [/size]

What year was your favorite birthday? This year actually. It was fun I got some really nice presents. There was good cake and ice cream. Just a few people. Nice and quite little party.

What year was your worst birthday? I think my sweet sixteen. My family forgot all about it. Plus my parents were dealing with the beginnings of a divorce on top of it.

What is the best gift you have ever received? Wrestlemania XXVI tickets.

February 17,1990

• 3 weeks later...
[color="#9932CC"][font="Book Antiqua"][b]What year was your favorite birthday?[/b]
I don't even know! To me none really stand out. Maybe the birthday where I ended up getting three cakes. One for school, one for my actual birthday, and one for some other reason I can't remember. Or maybe last year where I went on an adventure to Chapters with my friend and my brother. It was very relaxed.

[b]What year was your worst birthday?[/b]
My 16th! (It seems like a lot of us didn't like it). I was so miserable that day! My mom woke me up early to be the first to wish me happy birthday (I wanted to sleep in). And I was feeling sick and boiling in the summer heat.

[b]What is the best gift you have ever received?[/b]
My friend wrote me a song! :) And gave me a ukelele and the tabs for the song.

[b]
When is your birthday, anyway?[/b]
Tomorrow :sly: (July 2)[/font][/color]