OtakuBoards

FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa

OMNOMNOMALY

That discounted goal was such BS I couldn't even understand. Goddamit FIFA. I know Germany would most likely have won anyway, but that was a fucking disgrace.

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/av5s3b.jpg[/img]

Argentina will beat Germany tho. Just wait. Wait for it.

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/5l9n5s.jpg[/img]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]It was a bad call from the assistant ref sure, but personally I think people are forgetting they have the advantage of a high speed camera to slow down something which literally took place over half a second. That said I fervently hope that a mistake like that one will lead to FIFA putting more assistant referees behind the goal as well as possibly going as far as a video referee to aid with questionable calls, while Ireland effectively were laughed at when we asked for it in the event of Therie Henry, I imagine the English will generate a more convincing response from Sepp and his cronies.

As for Germany/Argentina, I reckon the Germans have enough in them to come out on top again.[/size][/font]

Ha, the Dutchies are going to get bulldozed over by Brazil. I can't wait though. :^D

I think Germany have a shot against Argentina, which should get them a step closer to the finals. Germany and the Netherlands could meet each others in the finals or in the "3rd/4th" round. That'd be awesome.

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='29 June 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1277798424' post='696144']
Ha, the Dutchies are going to get bulldozed over by Brazil. I can't wait though. :^D

I think Germany have a shot against Argentina, which should get them a step closer to the finals. Germany and the Netherlands could meet each others in the finals or in the "3rd/4th" round. That'd be awesome.
[/quote]

[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Garamond"]Quite so. I loved rooting on the Netherlands during the Euros a couple of years back. They're an awesome team. [/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='29 June 2010 - 04:00 AM' timestamp='1277798424' post='696144']

[/quote]

Actually aren't they pretty evenly matched, aren't they? Netherlands has been doing and playing great so far, Brasil has been completely underwhelming. They were good yesterday, but who knows how consistent they can be now. I am all for Brasil, they have some of my favorite players and I a complete Kaka stan, but I doubt it will be an easy match.

anyways, obligatory kaka&crispy gif

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2n7ob6e.gif[/img] Edited by eleanor

[font="Garamond"][size="7"]VIVA ESPAÃ?A!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
The boys advance to the semis, out-playing and ultimately defeating the Portuguese team. Great game. Absolutely great.
HURRAYYYYYYYYY!
One of my teams remains :D

Oh and Japan is out and Paraguay is in, decided by a shoot out.[/font]

This is painful to watch. NL-Br 0-1 at half-time and everything pointing at more and more Brazilian goals.

THE NETHERLANDS ARE TOO SLOW.

Btw: I like the subtitle of this thread. I hadn't seen it yet. :^D

[b]EDIT:[/b] EH?

[color="#ff8c00"][b][size="7"]2-1!!!HOW?!
[color="#ff0000"]AWESOME! WHOO![/color]
[color="#c0c0c0"]WTFLOL IDUNGEDDIT[/color][/size][/b][/color][color="#ff8c00"][b][size="7"]
[color="#0000ff"]BUT IT HAPPENED!
[/color][/size][/b][/color]
Huzzah!

The Netherlands played rubbish first half, but the Brazils compensated that by being even worse in the second half. Also, the Br's were not that kind, so I'm happy they didn't win.

Now Uruguay or Ghana, but I have the feeling the Netherlands can handle either, which would mean: The Final! :^D Edited by Lady Shy

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='02 July 2010 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1278082446' post='696346']
[color="#ff8c00"][b][size="7"]2-1!!!HOW?!
[color="#ff0000"]AWESOME! WHOO![/color]
[color="#c0c0c0"]WTFLOL IDUNGEDDIT[/color][/size][/b][/color][color="#ff8c00"][b][size="7"]
[color="#0000ff"]BUT IT HAPPENED!
[/color][/size][/b][/color]
Huzzah!

The Netherlands played rubbish first half, but the Brazils compensated that by being even worse in the second half. Also, the Br's were not that kind, so I'm happy they didn't win.

Now Uruguay or Ghana, but I have the feeling the Netherlands can handle either, which would mean: The Final! :^D
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Haha! And you said Brazil would beat them! I'll admit I had my doubts but I woke up early this morning anyway to watch the game and what an intense match! Like you said Netherlands was sleeping the first half but they just stepped it up in the second half whilst Brazil had some sort of emotional breakdown. :huh: And once again Stekelenburg proves his awesomeness with a few great saves.

[size="5"]GG Brazil[/size]
[img]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8646/189197863ac230e6c71kp3.jpg[/img][/font][/color]

BRASIL

;_;

so depressed rn.

At least tomorrow I will have Spanish eyecandy

ESPN comms are dirty hoars for making fun of Kaká during Ghana-Uruguay game

Also I feel terrible for Ghana-Uruguay players they are clearly exhausted just let them go to penalties. Anyways I hope Ghana wins, for Africa.

[size="5"]
I JUST WANT CLUB FOOTBALL BACK [/size]

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2hx91fn.jpg[/img]

[b]EDIT:

[size="5"]HOLY **** LOL DID ANYONE JUST SEE THAT

THIS MATCH IS SO INTENSE RN AND I DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT MUCH ABOUT IT

JFC[/size][/b] Edited by eleanor

[quote name='eleanor' date='02 July 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1278103918' post='696361']

[b]EDIT:

[size="5"]HOLY **** LOL DID ANYONE JUST SEE THAT

THIS MATCH IS SO INTENSE RN AND I DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT MUCH ABOUT IT

JFC[/size][/b]
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"][size="7"]OH MY GOD HE MISSED THE PENALTY KICK
UNBELIEVABLE
GHANA SHOULD'VE WON BY NOW
OHHHHHHHH MY GOD COME ON JUST PUT THE DAMN BALL IN THE NET DURING THE SHOUT OUT AND WE CAN ALL GO HOME HAPPY.
KINGSTON, I BELIEVE IN YOU, YOU ARE AN AMAZING KEEPER. DON'T LOSE YOUR NERVE.[/size][/font]

edit: nope :C bye Africa's last team in the tournament, you played your damn hearts out. Edited by mapthesoul.

Congrats to the Netherlands. The end result didn't really surprise me, actually. On to other things.

Maradona, cue the smack-talk on behalf of Argentine: "What's the matter Schweinsteiger? Are you nervous?" Haha, that's our Maradona! Of course, the Germans had some things to say as well, such as suggesting that the Argentines are more or less sore losers (quote Lahm: "They are impulsive, temperamental and they don't know how to lose."). This could be the game to look forward to.

I'm looking forward to Argentina-Deutschland :^D It'll be a real blast! They'd better put some effort into it. :eh:

[b]Edit:[/b] 0-2 with 20 minutes to go. Alles dauert zu lange bei Argentina.

[b]Edit:[/b] It's over. 0-4. Germany was good at the start and nearing the end, but over all Argentina was just performing meagrely. Messi should've been tossed out at half time, and the defence should've pressed on more with the mid-fielders. Friedrich scored, and he's a defender, while the Argentinians hardly ever let a defender on to the foe's half.

Ah well. Dream final of Netherlands-Germany is getting closer and closer. Though after tonight we'll see whether Spain or Paraguay will be their opponent, and if either will put some balls into the match against Germany and apply some pressure, I wonder how Germany will do. Edited by Lady Shy

Ok. I LOL so hard at people who now think Messi is a "**** player" or something. There was a flood of Messi **** talking in various comms I'm in, which made me shake my damn head.

Messi has been a phenomenal playmaker this WC, and with opponents on his dick at every moment he did the best he could do. No goals, who cares. Football is nothing without teamwork and good playmaking. Anyone who thinks he's a bad player obviously doesn't watch football.

His free kicks this match weren't good, but he has been great throughout the tournament and he's still one of the greatest players in the world.

Now that I'm done ranting, congrats to Germany they totally deserved that win. I knew Argentina's defense was shaky but I never knew how bad it could be until a great team put pressure on it.

[SIZE="7"]VAMOS ESPAÃ?A[/size] Edited by eleanor

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Indeed, Germany-Holland final seems to be taking shape and certainly it would be great to have an all European final.

I think regarding Germany-Argentina, the Germans just locked them down well enough to prevent anything major from happening, yet again Germany seemed to lose steam during the midpoint of the match but by God do they ever come back and give a performance. [/size][/font]

[font=Garamond][size=2]I'm extremely excited over Germany's dominating performance over Argentina. I think Messi and crew thought they had this tournament sewn up from the get-go, but Germany really exploited the Argentines' lack of defense in their play. Schewisstager was amazing too. Total unselfish ball from the Germans, which lead to some easy goals. Great game. Now let's hope Paraguay can work some magic too. (Sorry Eleanor, love ya <3 )[/size][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size="7"]ESPAÃ?A, I BELIEVE IN YOU.[/size]
I think this is gonna be a great game. Let's take it![/font]
edit: oH MY GOD WHAT EVEN IS THIS, 3 PENALTIES IN LIKE 60 SECONDS, NO GOALS? ASGSHDFGJKDSDHFGFD. Edited by mapthesoul.

[font="Garamond"][size="7"]HOLY ****
WHAT A GAME!
CONGRATULATIONS TO SPAIN, THE SCORE DOES NOT REFLECT THE RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF CHANCES BY THE END THERE. HURRAY MY BB BOIS ARE THROUGH TO THE SEMIS!!!!!!!! ESPAÃ?AAAA!
[/size]

The dude who got the penalty shot on Spain must just be kicking himself now, poor bastard. Casillas is friggin' GODLY.

...The Germany v. Spain game is going to be friggin. incredible.
ohboyy.[/font]

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='03 July 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1278187001' post='696459']
He was fine throughout the tournament, but he should not have still been standing on the field when the 90 was over. He was locked down and did not belong there.

[/quote]

Good thing my post wasn't directed at you at all, though.

[quote name='eleanor' date='04 July 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1278195041' post='696469']
Good thing my post wasn't directed at you at all, though.
[/quote]

Just sayin', though. :^D

[font="Garamond"]It's possible I may have a heart attack when watching the Germany-Spain game from over-excitement.. If I'm never on after, that's why. I'm dead, and I deed all the fun stuff (like a PINK BUDDHA, WOO) in my room to people in this thread for loving this damn sport as much as I do.

That's my Official Will, dated this July 4th, 2010 at 9:55 PM PST.

Alexa aka mapthesoul.

PS that game is gonna be [i]siiiiiiiiiiiiick[/i][/font]

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='11 June 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1276277270' post='695088']
South Africa's Makarabas made me mute my TV at one point.
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]OMG Netherlands game in less than 2 hours! So psyched! :wacko:

[i][b][color="#FF8C00"][size="7"]NETHERLANDS WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS[/size] [/font][/color][/color][/b][/i] Edited by White