• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size="7"]V-V-V-V-V-V-VIVA ESPAÃ?A[/size]

I SAW YOU PUYOL

I SAW YOU XABI

I SAW YOU IKER

[b]BRING IT LIKE THAT FOR THE FINAL AND YOU CAN WIN THIS WC[/b]

[spoiler]Germany, you were the best team of the WC but you were the inferior team today. 2014, though, 2014.[/spoiler] Edited by eleanor

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Well the game has just started and I've got to go to work. FML, going to attempt to make it till 11:00 tonight without finding out the results of the game so I can watch it recorded. Fingers crossed! [size="6"][b][color="#FFA500"]Go Netherlands![/color][/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='11 July 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1278882393' post='697118']
So, we can go ahead and pretend Germany vs. Uruguay was the real World Cup final, right? Right?
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]haters gonna hate~

ps love you iniesta, casillas, villa, pique, puyol, alonso....
<3
WORLD CUP WELL DONE, BOYOS.[/font]

VAMOS ESPANA

Once again Iker proves himself to be A FOOTBALL GOD. Cesc, I saw that assist! Beautiful! Pique, I love you for your herp-derping.

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='11 July 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1278882393' post='697118']
So, we can go ahead and pretend Germany vs. Uruguay was the real World Cup final, right? Right?
[/quote]

TBQH I have to agree. This final... lol. what.

While the only other Netherlands game I've seen was their match against Brazil, I was shocked by their playing today. Diving, dirty playing (seriously, that kick to XABI'S CHEST?). It was a disgrace, imo. I almost don't respect them.

Spain, you were pulling ****, too. :/ But even objectively I think Netherlands was MUCH worse.

edit:

damn I just found this gif. PAINFUL

[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5erpeoZOA1qagg3yo1_400.gif[/img] Edited by eleanor

Much as I dislike Spain's constant diving, I completely agree that the Dutch played a rotten, cynical ass game today (and, really, there is no way in hell anyone can claim otherwise lol). You'll only see me hate on the boringness of the game (which it absolutely was unless you were strongly pulling for one of the teams, much like the NBA Finals for non-Lakers and Celtics fans), and not the legitimacy of Spain's win. Edited by Shinmaru

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='11 July 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1278885933' post='697124']
Much as I dislike Spain's constant diving, I completely agree that the Dutch played a rotten, cynical ass game today (and, really, there is no way in hell anyone can claim otherwise lol). You'll only see me hate on the boringness of the game (which it absolutely was unless you were strongly pulling for one of the teams, much like the NBA Finals for non-Lakers and Celtics fans), and not the legitimacy of Spain's win.
[/quote]

It seriously made me question how their performance was throughout the entire tournament. As I said, other than today I only saw them against Brazil. "Rotten" is the perfect adjective to describe some of the things they pulled today.

Also, today's final was one of my friend's first football matches. I feel bad for her.

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Bah, Netherlands lost. ;_; I didn't get to see the game but it sucks to hear Netherlands was playing dirty. I'm not very fond of Robben for that reason as he's often the start of that.

Still they played their asses off to get to the finals and to say they don't even deserve that is kind of rude. >_> [/font][/color] Edited by White

[quote name='White' date='11 July 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1278901299' post='697139']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Bah, Netherlands lost. ;_; I didn't get to see the game but it sucks to hear Netherlands was playing dirty. I'm not very fond of Robben for that reason as he's often the start of that.

Still they played their asses off to get to the finals and to say they don't even deserve that is kind of rude. >_> [/font][/color]
[/quote]

I never said they don't deserve to be there, I just questioned how they played during the tournament. But I always keep in mind that teams never get to WC finals on luck or chance, a bad team will never make it to WC finals (whereas the best teams CAN be knocked out before it, i.e. Germany). From what I've heard they've always been an aggressive team, and have had the most yellow cards throughout the tournament, but were never considered to be dirty players. So mainly, I am just very disappointed with how they chose to play in the final. Edited by eleanor

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][quote name='eleanor' date='11 July 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1278904173' post='697145']So mainly, I am just very disappointed with how they chose to play in the final.
[/quote]
Yeah, I'll have to watch the game myself tomorrow as I've got it recorded, but I can see that being frustrating. I'm interested in how their playing differed from the other games I watched.[/font][/color]

[font="Garamond"]Well now that I have nothing to rant, rave and generally be a loon about, I'll return to your regularly scheduled slightly less jack-ass-ish and overcompetitive Anomaly that you all know and love.

Or something

I'm still thrilled to bits about my babies, regardless of the shitstorm surrounding the game. Have a related macro.[/font]

[img]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8026/ilovepaul.jpg[/img]

[size="1"]PS I love Paul[/size]

Congrats to Spain and the Netherlands for making it this far. They are both very deserving teams. More congrats to Spain for winning an intense tournament. We saw alot of upsets, awesome goals, and stupid refs. We need to campaign for better refs at World Cup 2014. The next tournament is gonna be awesome,maybe we can see some more miracles.

Rotten? It was the worst piece of refereeing in the whole World Cup. People were given cards on both sides for not doing shizzle, while other fouls (triple spin-on-the-ground kick at Robben, wtf?) were just fine. Plus, I think the Referee meant to give de Jong a gold card, because his kick to the chest was freaking awesome ninja! Don't hate on a team that's not afraid to foul when the other team just drops to the floor whenever, and the referee can't even decide which was which.

Also. Nobody expected the Netherlands to win, but they held out longer than Germany. :v

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]A poor end to a poor World Cup indeed. Sepp Blatter needs to get his ass kicked into getting some better referees trained, actually bringing in goal line and video referees and instruct referees to start red-carding divers to drive the practice out of the game. Thank God at least vuvuzelas have been banned from all future World Cup events.

Also grats to Spain on their first win, commiserations to Holland on their loss. Still say Germany were the best team in the whole thing though.[/size][/font]

I wanted to sleep during the match. It was that boring and terrible. The only thing that kept me going was counting the yellow cards since it set a new WC record. My favorite teams got knocked out early (USA, Argentina, Brazil) but Spain had been playing well through out the whole tournament so my support went to them. But yes, I agree, the real final was Germany vs Uruguay for me. That game is worthy to be called a WC final.

In the end this world cup has been a bad one (at least in my opinion). Terrible referee calls all through out the matches. Annoying vuvuzelas making it impossible to even hear to commentators. I don't even know how the players communicate on the field with that obnoxious sound. Hopefully FIFA will get its head straight and start using technology to get the calls right. At least for those major goal calls.

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='14 July 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1279109874' post='697287']
Rotten? It was the worst piece of refereeing in the whole World Cup. People were given cards on both sides for not doing shizzle, while other fouls (triple spin-on-the-ground kick at Robben, wtf?) were just fine. Plus, I think the Referee meant to give de Jong a gold card, because his kick to the chest was freaking awesome ninja! Don't hate on a team that's not afraid to foul when the other team just drops to the floor whenever, and the referee can't even decide which was which.

Also. Nobody expected the Netherlands to win, but they held out longer than Germany. :v
[/quote]

How can you condone attacking an opponent that BLATANTLY, which implies intentions of injuring the other player? It has nothing to do with "getting back" at the opponent, it's just a rotten way of playing. Edited by eleanor