OtakuBoards

OB bringing back memories?

Elk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CaNz' date='01 August 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1280723608' post='698519']
this thread should be called "old members: re-introduce yourselves here"
[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Nah, that's [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/44206-anyone-here-from-2001-ish/]THIS[/url] topic.

I didn't even realize it was KittyLynn who made it, lol. A topic for oldbies, by oldbies.[/font][/color]

[color="#4169E1"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="4"]The OB has always been so funny to me because the only memorable topics I have posted in my mind were topics about hair, body image, & things having to do with Mr. Maul.

How hilariously awkward & upsetting.

I do remember the OtaKuties though, & I wish we would do something like that again. It was so cute & nice to really get to know people that way.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Mrs. Maul' date='02 August 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1280732608' post='698535']
[color="#4169E1"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="4"]I do remember the OtaKuties though, & I wish we would do something like that again. It was so cute & nice to really get to know people that way.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]What is this? I have not heard of it.[/font][/color]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='02 August 2010 - 06:37 AM' timestamp='1280745467' post='698546']
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]What is this? I have not heard of it.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/39850-the-otakuties-contestants-thread-e/page__p__603394__hl__otakuties__fromsearch__1&#entry603394

[color="#4169E1"][font="Garamond"][size="3"]It was awesome & super cute![/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Mrs. Maul' date='02 August 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1280732608' post='698535'][color="#4169e1"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="4"]
I do remember the OtaKuties though, & I wish we would do something like that again.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]
HEY EVERYONE, come see how good i look! =P

just joking around of course. what guy could complain about a picture of Taperson? Edited by CaNz

I was doing a bit of searching for some older fiction brain-storming, and stumbled across this:

http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/16952-challenge-to-charles/page__p__312482__hl__EPICITY__fromsearch__1&#entry311636

Ignore the search parameters and just read the spar that Charles and I did with each other waaaay back in the day. This thing brings back serious memories for me. Back in 2003, Charles and I were still at Rutgers. Took a few writing courses together. Talked shop during breaks on campus. Bounced ideas off of each other. Helped each other edit papers/stories. We still do most of that, just not as concentrated.

That spar was probably the purest distillation of our writing we'd ever done together. You can tell we had fun with it. It's got all of our weird senses of humor. It's a bit mean-spirited. It's a bit kind-hearted and jovial. It's got a dark mythic edge sometimes, and ridiculously comical sensibilities other places.

Man. What amazes me the most is how goddamn good it still is, [u][b]7 years later[/b][/u]. Rarely have I gone back and re-read something I wrote and genuinely thought "Wow, that's still really fricking good." When I've re-read a work, I always ended up appreciating the [i]idea[/i] more than the execution. But this spar? I'm digging both the idea and the execution.

Ah, the good ole days. lol Edited by Brasil

[quote name='Sandy' date='01 August 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1280677647' post='698443']
Now that I gave in and returned from my two-year hiatus to this forum[/quote]
[color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Took you long enough to come back. You goof. :P[/font][/color]

[quote name='Mrs. Maul' date='02 August 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1280764868' post='698553']
http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/39850-the-otakuties-contestants-thread-e/page__p__603394__hl__otakuties__fromsearch__1&#entry603394

[color="#4169E1"][font="Garamond"][size="3"]It was awesome & super cute![/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]
Who wants to volunteer to start another one?! :blink: RAISE YOUR HAND, SOMEBODY!

Seriously, though, that was amazing to read through. Adorable, really!

[quote name='Justin' date='28 July 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1280352561' post='698137']
I don't know if it's just probability at work, or what, but there's does seem to be a recent surge in oldies taking the old bike out for a spin lately. It's mildly encouraging.

That said, I think we should hire kuja to come back for one last collective eyeroll.

-Justin
[/quote][color="#9932CC"][size="2"][font="Arial Narrow"]This made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, tee hee!

Anyhoo, I came here when I was 16 as pumpkin and I'll probably "die" here as pumpkin. I pop in every now and again, like batman to save the day of course but I'm now 23 years old. Crazy how time seems to fly by now perhaps? Only thing that saddens me, is we lost a great deal of graphic artist in our art forum. I remember when you could get a new spiffy banner/ava set so easily by some of the best delta, retribution, rev, etc. I mostly hung in the PC/MAC lounge with the gamers or the RPG threads. I loved it.

Of course I've changed my name to Dee, Mameha, and Peanut to name a few but meh, I'll always be pumpkin in the end ;]

FYI, Gavin (Dragon Warrior) is the only person whom I really talk too and have his number IRL. Crazy we've known eachother for years now. [/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Justin' date='28 July 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1280352561' post='698137']
That said, I think we should hire kuja to come back for one last collective eyeroll.

-Justin
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I'd like to remember Kuja at his finest...no one fell from grace quite like he did.

I think it is awesome to see so many familiar faces, it makes me glad to come back,[/color]

[quote name='Pumpkin' date='03 August 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1280876724' post='698691'][color="#9932cc"][size="2"][font="Arial Narrow"]
Only thing that saddens me, is we lost a great deal of graphic artist in our art forum. I remember when you could get a new spiffy banner/ava set so easily by some of the best delta, retribution, rev, etc.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

yeah... nowadays Lilt and I do most of them... if your lucky you'll get one from her... if not it just goes downhill...

[quote name='CaNz' date='04 August 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1280902170' post='698750']
yeah... nowadays Lilt and I do most of them... if your lucky you'll get one from her... if not it just goes downhill...
[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Yeah I've pretty much lost any and all graphic/web-designing skills I had since I've been gone. Been trying to get back into web design, but I have nothing to make a site about, lol.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Pumpkin' date='03 August 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1280876724' post='698691']
[color="#9932CC"][size="2"][font="Arial Narrow"]FYI, Gavin (Dragon Warrior) is the only person whom I really talk too and have his number IRL. Crazy we've known eachother for years now. [/font][/size][/color][/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]...

I just now made the connection that Gavin is Dragon Warrior. [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/PiroMunkie/adw_prop1.gif]FIEND[/url]
I think I made a follow up to that, but can't seem to find it, lol.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Mrs. Maul' date='02 August 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1280732608' post='698535']
[color="#4169e1"][font="Book Antiqua"][size="4"]The OB has always been so funny to me because the only memorable topics I have posted in my mind were topics about hair, body image, & things having to do with Mr. Maul.

How hilariously awkward & upsetting.

I do remember the OtaKuties though, & I wish we would do something like that again. It was so cute & nice to really get to know people that way.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri][color="#8b0000"]kuja[/color], is that you?

And why are you posting in blue, anyway?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' date='04 August 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1280933766' post='698777']

[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Hush, it's bad luck to even invoke that name here lest his local JAG office deliver their long awaited legal action against us.

Besides the use of capitalisation and punctuation clearly indicates this could not be kuja.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Allamorph' date='04 August 2010 - 10:56 AM' timestamp='1280933766' post='698777']

[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#4169E1"][size="1"]Oh hush. Why are you referencing me as kuja?[/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='CaNz' date='02 August 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1280765649' post='698556']
HEY EVERYONE, come see how good i look! =P

just joking around of course. what guy could complain about a picture of Taperson?
[/quote]

[color="#4169E1"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]
Touché ;)

I looked awful in that thread though. So, ya know...[/font][/size][/color]

I don't even want to consider how long I've been here, though I have always been an off-and-on visitor. I was actually part of the forums before the reset (I believe as MoyakuKeramushe, though it may've been MaverickWolf, as I was using both at the time). I'm not even sure how I found this place or why I joined (I think somebody from the old Planet Community may have introduced me), and I always get a kick out of it when I realize that some of the people I look at as veterans have technically been here less time than I have (including Gavin, apparently).

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Gavin' date='05 August 2010 - 06:07 AM' timestamp='1280941663' post='698781']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Hush, it's bad luck to even invoke that name here lest his local JAG office deliver their long awaited legal action against us.

Besides the use of capitalisation and punctuation clearly indicates this could not be kuja.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[size=3][font=century gothic][color=crimson] Hah I was just venting at losing my SuperMod status, :modrod: you thought I was serious? No I created this account not long after my banhammering and kept my past under the radar in hopes it would one day just go away. People here have memories of the elephants but hoepfully I have improved in the realms of spelling,grammer and attitude!

Love the new miniature avatars by the way :biggrin: :biggrin: , or were they called smileys? I can't remember. XD [/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Tahkyn D. Zhen' date='17 August 2010 - 07:58 AM' timestamp='1282049901' post='699535']
[size=3][font=century gothic][color=crimson]Love the new miniature avatars by the way :biggrin: :biggrin: , or were they called smileys? I can't remember. XD [/size][/font][/color][/quote]
[color="#006400"][font="Georgia"]Definitely called smileys, lol. I have never heard them referred to as miniature avatars or anything even close to that ... ever.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Tahkyn D. Zhen' date='17 August 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1282049901' post='699535']
[size=3][font=century gothic][color=crimson] Hah I was just venting at losing my SuperMod status, :modrod: you thought I was serious? No I created this account not long after my banhammering and kept my past under the radar in hopes it would one day just go away. People here have memories of the elephants but hoepfully I have improved in the realms of spelling,grammer and attitude!

Love the new miniature avatars by the way :biggrin: :biggrin: , or were they called smileys? I can't remember. XD [/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Tahkyn D. Zhen' date='17 August 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1282084208' post='699554']
[size=3][font=century gothic][color=crimson] But you must admit, 'miniature avatars' has a certain ring to it, yeah? I think I'll start a revolution! Or... Maybe not. ;)[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Gavin' date='04 August 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1280941663' post='698781']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Besides the use of capitalisation and punctuation clearly indicates this could not be kuja.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I continue to stand by my previous assertions.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='19 August 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1282245493' post='699615']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I continue to stand by my previous assertions.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Yes, but oh, how sweet the comedy would be. All we'd need then is a couple Jenna's and a few Seph's and maybe a sprinkle or two of Transtic's and we'd a real, old-time OB cake.

Which sounds a bit dirty, taken out of context.

-Justin