OtakuBoards

Let's get some August up in here!

chibi-master

It is officially the first of August! Here is your monthly list provided by your one and only incompetent Holiday Thread Guru!
[quote]
1 Friendship Day - First Sunday in August

1 International Forgiveness Day - First Sunday in August

1 Sisters Day - First Sunday in August

1 National Raspberry Cream Pie Day

2 National Ice Cream Sandwich Day

3 National Watermelon Day

4 U.S. Coast Guard Day

5 Work Like a Dog Day

6 Wiggle Your Toes Day

7 National Lighthouse Day

7 National Mustard Day first Saturday

8 Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day - now that's nasty!

9 Book Lover's Day

10 Lazy Day

10 National S'mores Day

11 Presidential Joke Day

11 Son and Daughter Day

12 Middle Child's Day

13 Blame Someone Else Day - first Friday the 13th of the year.

13 Left Hander's Day

14 National Creamsicle Day

14/15 V-J Day - which date do you mark the end of WWII?

15 Relaxation Day - now this one's for me!

16 Chinese Valentine's Day/Daughter's Day - 7th day of 7th Lunar Month

16 National Tell a Joke Day

17 National Thriftshop Day

18 Bad Poetry Day

19 Aviation Day

20 National Radio Day

21 Senior Citizen's Day

22 Be an Angel Day

22 National Tooth Fairy Day - and/or February 28

23 Ride the Wind Day

24 Vesuvius Day

25 Kiss and Make Up Day

26 National Dog Day

26 Women's Equality Day

27 Global Forgiveness Day

27 Just Because Day

28 Race Your Mouse Day -but we are not sure what kind of "mouse"

29 More Herbs, Less Salt Day

30 Frankenstein Day

30 Toasted Marshmallow Day

31 National Trail Mix Day
[/quote]

Well, well, well! We have quite a few holidays today! CELEBRATE, EVERYBODY! Edited by chibi-master

[quote name='chibi-master' date='01 August 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1280641662' post='698413']
It is officially the first of August! Here is your monthly list provided by your one and only incompetent Holiday Thread Guru!

Well, well, well! We have quite a few holidays today! CELEBRATE, EVERYBODY!
[/quote]

I wonder who comes up with all of these holidays? Do people seriously want them as holidays or is it just to make the rest of the world laugh?
Although I must say, national put zucchini on your neighbors porch day is one of the most random ones I have seen yet. That and the mustard day..........

Frankenstein Day! Alright!
This month should have a party almost every day! I'd love to actually celebrate most of these holidays.
My grandpa's birthday is on Ride the Wind Day... Wonder who that is going to turn out xD

[COLOR=#35425e]Perfect. I'll schedule an appointment with my dentist on the 21st so that I can trade my impacted wisdom tooth. But I think it as to be drilled and fractured before it can be pried off; does the Tooth Fairy accept damaged goods?

It's may not be as amazing as Kiss and Makeup Day, but I think it's as important as any: August 9 is the International Day of the World's Indigenous People. Yay culture![/COLOR]

Book Lover's Day? I think I've extended that far into my life so far, and it shows no signs of ending. Still, books shall be read on that finest of days! It reminds me to hit up the library again, to prepare for the celebrations (e.g. I'll [i]read[/i] about cakes, ice cream, and fireworks...in silence, of course).

[quote name='Humaru' date='01 August 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1280731172' post='698531']
[size="5"]NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size]
I looked in my freezer to enjoy National Ice Cream Sandwich only to discover that it has been eaten. I dont know who did it but someone is going down...HARD!!!
[/quote]
Sorry 'bout that. :V I got a little carried away.

Aren't day 10 and 30 kinda the same thing? [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] S'mores and toasted marshmellows......same thing right? Or is the 30th for people who can't papmer themselves with chocolate and/or grahm crackers......[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sweatdrop.gif[/img]

[quote name='NeonMuffinBot' date='04 August 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1280961645' post='698847']
Aren't day 10 and 30 kinda the same thing? [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] S'mores and toasted marshmellows......same thing right? Or is the 30th for people who can't papmer themselves with chocolate and/or grahm crackers......[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sweatdrop.gif[/img]
[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]You will always have more marshmallows than there are graham crackers and chocolate. Think of it as cleaning out your inventory before the month is up.[/font][/color]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='04 August 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1280963040' post='698855']
[color="#a0522d"][font="Arial"]You will always have more marshmallows than there are graham crackers and chocolate. Think of it as cleaning out your inventory before the month is up.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Ahh very true becuase you just buy chocolate bars and the box of graham crackers never has that many. But for some reason the marshmallows come in like 100 pack, and the mini's oh dont get my started on regular and those fruity ones. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wow.gif[/img]