Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
[url="http://i.imgur.com/SQYvo.gif"]My link[/url] [mildly NSFW]

this is all i have to offer

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I've edited your post and turned the image into a URL. Next time, please link out and provide a warning for content such as...well, that. :[i][/i]P ~Sangome[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome
Posted
[URL=http://img692.imageshack.us/i/pantyshotgun.jpg/][IMG]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8224/pantyshotgun.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[color=#4B0082]GRAB THE SHOTGUN! YOU DON'T NEED TO LOAD IT! WE DID THAT **** FOR YOU![/color]
Posted
So I dig the style and all, but is this actually entertaining? The shock value doesn't sound that spectacular or anything, and potty humor only works if it's... well, funny. I'd love to know what you guys think (just a tad too lazy to start watching it without any input, haha).
Posted
it looks really bad because its in Gif form... but people do this all the time.
sure shes making an odd gesture, but the rewinding and then repeating makes what was a three two second touch turn into a fondle.
i am okay with the show... not okay with the editor.
Posted
[quote name='The Tentacle' date='04 October 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1286224365' post='700894']
Can someone please clue me in?  What show is this from?
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]The show's name is in the thread title. It's the new Gainax offering for this season, and apparently it's being compared to the Powerpuff Girls on whatever it is the writers of Family Guy take.

I haven't checked out yet. If I can find a streaming version, I might give it a shot, but so far it doesn't seem like the kind of thing I'd be willing to risk the time torrenting just to see whether I'll even like it.[/font]
Posted
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is about Panty and Stocking, two (fallen) angels sent to protect Daten City from the Ghosts, demons that appear in the city from time to time and cause havoc. They're collecting Heaven Coins, but for what purpose hasn't been delved into yet.

It's an anime series made in the vein of the American adult cartoons (i.e. Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy) and there are references abound, mostly dealing with puns and jokes about sex, drugs and every other vice you can think of. It's a love it or hate it-type in every sense of the phrase (but to it's credit, it has a Gir expy in the form of Chuck. :D)

Crunchyroll is streaming the series on their site.
[/color][/font]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]The animation and music are pretty awesome, but the show as a whole didn't seem all that amazing to me. It was amusing enough that I'll keep watching unless it gets stupidly repetitive with its jokes, but it's not very high on my list for the season.[/color]
Posted
I viewed the GIF and was confused as to why the lady didn't appear to be wearing the apparel mentioned in the thread's title.  My bad.  :annoyed:

Is their a trailer for this series somewhere?  I will withhold judgement until I've sampled it.

Posted
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]From the [url="http://newtype.kadocomic.jp/psg/special/"]official site.[/url]

I just find it to be some stupid fun. The humor is base, yes, but it's a nice escape show.
[/color][/font]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[color=#4B0082]I found myself wondering all through ep2 when stuff was actually going to start happening, and then couldn't be bothered to download ep3, so I ended up dropping this. Pretty disappointing, since the art style was a nice change of pace.[/color]
Posted (edited)
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Extreme morbid curiosity made me dust off my ancient Crunchyroll account [made back when anyone could upload anything] and give this a shot. The art style was obviously the main draw, and even though I am [i]not[/i] one for base, crude, overly-sexual humor, I figured I'd ignore it and enjoy the visuals, and maybe I'd wind up enjoying the show anyway.

Well, someone on ANN's forums summed it up well; if someone wrapped up poop in a nice, pretty wrapping paper and gave it to me, I'd still wind up complaining about the poop. The visuals are awesome and the music is killer, but the crude humor just tries [i]WAY[/i] too hard. I mean, on the one hand, it's kinda nice to have an unapologetic anime, but it was almost like the director went "HEY! Let's throw in any offensive/shocking material we can possibly think of, give no particular [i]reason[/i] for it, and call it a show!" [spoiler]You know, just like Family Guy. Though to P&S's credit, I'd sooner watch this over FG.[/spoiler]

I dunno. Maybe I'll give it one more episode, but I feel morally bankrupt each time I do watch it, so no guarantees. At least it [or the fans] gave me [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjHFxX-MZnc"]this[/url] to jam to in the meantime.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
I'm sorry but when the title turns me off I just can't force myself to watch a single episode. I had the same problem with Chu Bra.....

I however loved Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers (i love that title....) and Ren and Stimpy. I'm almost tempted to watch this show but then reason kicks in and says "do u really think they are going to have LOG????" I know the answer is no and I will never watch an episode.
Posted
Crude humor is definitely up my alley and P&S has been turning up in the news a lot lately so I'm jonesing for this series.  I'm not into online streaming though (don't ask) so I'm wondering if/when there's going to be a DVD release.  Anyone heard anything?
Posted
[color=#4B0082]It's only been licensed for streaming (by Crunchyroll) as far as I know. Though there are always other places to get it if you don't want to stream it. ;)[/color]
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
I'm personally in it for the music, Ive liked every episode so far, but there are a couple of segments that were completely awesome!
Posted
[quote name='Anti' timestamp='1292911855' post='703028']
there are a couple of segments that were completely awesome!
[/quote]
Those segments are pretty much when they fight the demon sisters Scanty and Kneesocks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...