OtakuBoards

Restoration

Akieen Cloud

[color="#0000FF"][font="Comic Sans MS"]The fallout was the worst thing to befall this planet, it killed most of the vegetation, tainted the water, mutated the animals...drove the people into madness...The sparse things left on the surface were so tainted and withered that they were worth little to those that found them. The vegetation grew tough, useless; the water was so irradiated that drinking it would make you sick to the point where no cure could be administered. It was a wasteland, nothing could grow, or live on the surface for very long without perishing to the harshness of the land. But underground, where the radiation couldn't reach we were safe from harm, safe from death; we survived, but at what price? Were we weaker thanks to our lack of sunlight? Were we more vulnerable to disease? These were questions no one could answer, no one had been to the surface for so long most people didn't even know what real dirt looked like, we had lived in the steel bunkers all our lives that the thought of returning to the surface never occurred to us. So when the conversation of a small group of people venturing to the surface came up between the elders most people thought it was a death wish, who would want to go topside and face the harsh environment that awaited them? To our surprise a group of people did volunteer, they left with supplies to record and document everything they saw and bring it back to us. Of coarse this was almost a year ago and we have yet to hear anything back from the small group that went out. Mean while the rest of us are here just doing our jobs trying to make it on what we have and trying to survive with out dwindling supplies. It's a hell all on it's own, but I suppose it's better down here than it is up there. Or at least that's what I've been told.

Walking to the kitchens to start her morning job Kaia yawned largely, it was early and most of the people in the bunker had yet to wake up, it was like this every morning though for her, she was always one of the first people up and one of the last people down. She was a cook in the bunker and was in charge of nutritional diets for the people in the bunker. Which was hard in its self with the limited supply of food and water they had. She heaved a sigh and twisted her face into a scowl as the smell of bitter coffee reached her nose as she walked through the galley of the bunker.
"Jeulius, that smells as horrible as ever..."
"What do you expect? It's not like we have really clean water anymore."
She shrugged and put her worn out apron on over her equally worn out clothes, dark and worn out jeans sparsely covered her legs, the holes in the upper thigh and knees, a couple sizes to large for her the worn out belt the only thing keeping them up; not much for insulation but better than nothing, the dark Grey, almost black tank top she wore was just as equally worn out and a couple sizes to small for her showing off her curvy body, her gloves were skin tight and missing the fingers but in these conditions what could she really do? It was certainly better than walking around in her birthday suit that was for damn sure. Pouring herself a rather large mug of the bitter brew she took a few gulps and made a face, it was better than nothing though and would keep her awake for the rest of the day with how strong it was. Heaving another sigh she went about her daily work of kitchen duty and watching as others filed through, each with specific jobs. Some were medics, others were workers, some were even nannies...it all depended on where they needed you the most when you came of age. Shaking her head she realized she was late to her second job and waved goodbye to Jeulius and trotted off for the med station. It was while she was on her way there that she was stopped by a crowd of people who seemed to be observing something, looking over the heads of the people in front of her she saw a weathered looking man in brown clothes, a makeshift sword on his back, but the tattoo on his hand, the bar-code made it obvious he was from the bunker she lived in. She tapped the person in front of her and asked what was going on.
"He's from the group of people that got sent out over a year ago, he's the only one left."
She blinked as she realized it really had been over a year ago that they had left. there had been five of them and only one returned...was it really that bad up there? Shrugging again she made her way through the crowd and into the medical office where an elderly lady sat rocking in an old rocking chair looking grandmotherly and peaceful.
"Helen, have you heard? One of the investigation group has returned."
"Oh? Is that so?"
"Yes, what do you think they found up there?"
The old woman frowned, not letting Kaia see it, being an elder made her certain that she would be called to council about the findings; and no doubt another group would be sent out to investigate further. She laughed softly at the young woman's curiosity.
"I'm sure we'll find out soon enough dear, soon enough indeed."

The rest of the day went smoothly it was time for lights out when she was called to the main office, upon entering she saw a group of people around her age look in her direction as she came through the door, it made her uncomfortable and nervous.
"Kaia Sanderson, thank you for joining us. Please come forward."
She looked at the elder that had spoken to her and nodded, stepping forward she swallowed thickly, something was happening. The elder spoke again, this time to the entire group that had gathered there.
"The findings that the man brought back today are very interesting indeed, in these writings he talks of a purifier hidden somewhere in the regions of the Black Mountains. We have gathered you all here to ask a great deed of you. If you young people were to find and activate that purifier we could return to the surface and colonize there, we would have fresh water, clean soil, a clean start. We could live again instead of being an ant colony below the ground. It is for you to decided whether or not you wish to take this journey, it will be dangerous and there is a chance you may not survive, you all were the best candidates we could bring forth. But ultimately the choice to venture topside is yours. If you need time to think it over please take the night and come back to us in the morning. We await your answers."
The group was dismissed, all talking quietly to one another, Kaia stood where she was gaining the attention of the council.
"Yes Sanderson? Something to say?"
"I'll go."
"Such a fast answer, do you not wish to think it over?"
"No. I'll go. If I can get us out of here just by finding this thing and turning it on, I'll gladly do it."
"Very well. You leave in three days. Please be prepared."
She nodded and left, the others watching her, some amazed at her forwardness, others seemed nervous to follow her example, either way she had made up her mind and headed for her solitary room to dwell on the fact that she was leaving. It was something she had always though about, but now she was actually living it.

[color="#8B0000"][i]Okay, kind of a Fallout 3 inspired RPG, so keep in mind it will be mature; blood, gore, maybe drug abuse and possibly sexual themes, you've been warned.[/i][/color]
It's quiet simple we're on a mission to activate the purifier so that the people of our bunker can colonize there and live peacefully. Simple, yes, but it will be a long journey and we will run into some trouble and side missions so keep that in mind while you type up your character.

Name: Kaia Sanderson

Age: 23 (try to make it no younger than 20, 20 is when we come of age and are allowed to work. Keep that in mind please)

Job: Kaia is a nutritional expert and a cook, she also has some medical training on the side, not a whole lot but enough to keep a person from dieing til they reach a medical facility. (Two jobs are allowed, but you have to an expert of one or the other, and the other your just mediocre at if you wish to have two)

Appearance: [url="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OrLsoUQ3azg/TDgTesLv_aI/AAAAAAAAAI0/TDMrXJkA3dA/s1600/revy1.jpeg"]Kaia[/url]
Her hair is long, down to her hips but she usually keeps it up in a pony tail or braid to keep it out of the way. She wears worn out black boots that are held together with neon blue electrical tape making the squeak when ever she walks.

Personality: Smart mouthed and quick witted she has a dark, yet upbeat personality. Sometimes she is quiet and thoughtful, while others she is hyper and noisy it all depends on what the situation is and she's feeling that day.

Weapon: The two pistols in the picture, but she is also skilled at hand to hand combat, being one of the best kick boxers in the bunker she is deadly accurate with her kicks and powerful enough to dent the steel walls.

Writing snippet: (Mine is an example, make sure you describe your daily routine to some degree as I did, and your trip to the council office and thoughts on the mission they presented us with and the choice you now have to make)[/font][/color]

Name: Kenzie Whish

Job: Although he has been diagnosed with retrograde amneisia, he has found that he's very good with weapons. A little too good.Mechanics are also another aspect of his forgotten past that he seems to have a knack with. He excels at both, though his knowledge of automobiles seems to be limited to domestic vehicles, as in the kinds salvaged from the lost cities of the surface world. Lately, he's been using his talents to help those in the bunker, despite being treated like an outsider.

Appearance: Kenzie looks like a healthy, rather sleekly muscled young man.His bright auburn hair is kept cropped short, showing off a glittering red gemstone earring, and his kindly hazel eyes always seem to be hiding a pain far more than even he knows about. Usually seen around the bunker in nothing but sweatpants and a camoflage sleeveless vest and black shirt with a pair of black leather boots, and in far better condition than most others. Scars criss cross along his body, and on his arms the jagged lines of pink skin stand out against his palor.

Personality: Happy go lucky, flamboyant, and pleasantly insane. He has his moments where he withdraws from the excitement and monotonous routines of the bunker . Many times, people will spot him by himself, wiping away tears or 'something in his eyes.' However, when confronted, and with the threat of violence, this all changes; making people think his blood runs just a little bit colder.
Weapons: He keeps a multitude of weapons in a brown burlap duffel bag, along with enough ammunition to start a war. In this bag, he holds several riffles, daggers, pistols, shuriken, a semi-automatic machine gun, and, of all things, swords. Because of the sheer weight of this bag, he is extraordinarily strong though his muscle tone belies this.

Writting snippet:

"Hey! Kenzie! Get your ass over here and help us!"

Kenzie looked up, and shook himself of his reverie as he stood. "Coming!" Plastering a smile on his face he went over to help with the daunting task of repairing one of the generators of electrical power. The massive machinery had some heavy parts, and the bunker mechanics tasked with repairing it were hoisting some parts to the very top. Seizing the rope being used, Kenzie gave a mighty heave along with the fifteen other men and women. Behind him, he heard a familiar voice call out to him. "Making yourself useful, Kenzie?"

Turning his head, He noticed his friend Maicer, with his arms crossed and a smile on his face. Maicer had been the one who discovered Kenzie lying just outside the Bunker in which he now called home. With no memories and no signs of radiation poisoning, he'd been taken in, though he was still met with the occasional look of contempt, even after a year of living amongst these people.

Then again, wasn't it only natural to be suspicious after human history had repeated itself? The waltz was of course had done nothing but its course. "What's up? I'm kind of busy..." He grunted, sweat now appearing on his brow from his exertion. Maicer laughed, and shook his head. "Your memory come back yet?"

"Nothing!"

"How would you like to go exploring? Somebody from the last team came back... It's been a year now, remember?"

Kenzie nodded curtly. The part was almost in place. After another thirty seconds, so it was. Taking a moment from his pulling, he walked over to Maicer. "I realized," he breathed. "It was then that you people discovered me when you opened the door to let them out.

"With no recollections of who you are, might I add." Maicer looked over Kenzie's visible scars. "Those scars raised lot of eyebrows. But, because of how thin you were, and with your amnesia were allowed to stay. The chance to go back out there has presented itself. Have you heard?"

Yes. It's been quite the subject of gossip lately. I've already been asked if I'm going. I plan to. Maybe..." Kenzie trailed off, thinking. "Maybe I can find out who I am."

Kenzie closed his eyes, remembering coming to in a hospital bed,wearing nothing but a thin cloth gown. There had been many different peices of equipment hooked up to him, pumping him full of fluids. A doctor had come in, and then things had been a blur. Kenzie's things had been brought into the room, his burlap bag filled with weapons. and the tattered remnants of some kind of suit, of which he still wore the vest. What those things had been to him, he didn't know, or even why he had had so many weapons in the first place. He'd then been placed under surveillance, and then allowed to stay. He displayed many handy talents, including repairing the vehicle he'd been found near. Now, it was to be used in helping this new exploration group get that much farther out to this 'purifier' before it ran out of fuel. The small amount of fuel it posessed before the vehicle had been found had been added to, and now it was ready to go.

"We can hope." Maicer replied."Are you scared? It's perfectly fine if you are."

"No. I'm excited. I know... There's danger. A lot of it. I can't wait to help my comrades better protect them."

"Good to know." Maicer snorted. "Well, when you're done here, come to my bed. I have something for you."

Kenzie nodded, standing up to go back to work. His mind was racing, he wasn't sure what do do other than work right now. Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

Name: Enzio Alphen (preferes his nick name Sarge)

Job: Main Security guard for the only entrance and exit to the outside for the bunker. Although that wasn't his main purpose in the bunkers military training.

Skills: Sarge is skilled in the use, maintance, and application of fire power to the point of being a master. He can also repair his armor with scrap metal. Sarge is also handy with hand to hand and maylee weapons.

Appearence: (see attachtment) Sarge rarely takes his armor off but when he does take some of it off for repairs he has short dark brown hair with two different colored eyes.
The left eye is hazel and his right eye is red. He has a large scar running down from his upper left to the lower right jaw. This came from his first day in the bunkers attempt at
old school military training. His supperiers claimed it was an accident but he knew that some of his fellow grunts had it out for his skills.

Personality: Sarge is a loner by nature. Paraniod brought on by basic training keeps him looking in places others wont. He does try to reach out to the kids in the bunker.
His sense of humer is off by a far distance than normal people. Since being a loner people tend to be scared of him but he really is a good guy always trying to help anyone in need.

Snippit:

"Hey Sarge you going back out to the post?" One of the trainees ask.

Sarge stopped and turned around.

"Yes, becarefull on the training course." Sarge said to the young one.

"I will sir. Becarefull on the outside." The young one said returning to training.

As he approached the gigantic door, he flashed his badge to open the door for the armory to grab his favorite weapon.

"Hey Enzio, here for your gun?" The Armory clerk said to Sarge.

"Of course. I need Draco with enough ammo to last the shift. I think all we will get today is just some mutated cows." Sarge said picking up his "antique" M60.

"Right, why dont you upgrade to some of the better guns? That thing is on its last leg." The clerk said pointing at some of the models that appear in better shape.

"Nope, this is in better shape than those. Anyways I'm off to the post." Sarge said not even listening to the clerks response.

The door opened enough to let him through to the outpost where one other guy was waiting for him to relieve his possition.

"Hey Sarge, I heard one of the guys from the exploration team is back." Jack said gathering his gear.

"Yea, I wonder what its like out their. If their going to send another team I want to be with them." Sarge said looking at the exit to the underground bunker.

"From what I hear they are sending a team out and your name is on the list." Jack said.

"Well, lets hope when we return, we'll have everyone here instead of just one guy. Anyways, get going before they shut the door." Sarge said pointing to the door.

"Oh right. Have a nice shift!" Jack said after entering the bunker and then the door shut with a loud clank.

"A chance to leave and explore the world. Better start packing ammo and supplies to make ammo on the out side." Sarge said looking at the bunker.

(Hey its Drizzt Do'urden, new account same great taste. Couldn't access mine for some reason)

Name: Jensen Roberts

Job: High ranking engineer, specializes in robotics

Skills: Jensen is a structural engineer by trade, but has dabbled deap into the robotic arts and has been asked to accompany the group with a few of his...gadgets. He lacks any combat training, but he knows enough to keep himself alive...hopefully.

Appearence: Going to add this later today KG

Personality: If there ever was a stereotypical engineer, Jensen feel far from the tree. His personality growing up was always more related to the 'jocks' and 'cool-kids', Jensen would play to the lower common denominator just to earn a bit of acceptance. His take-nothing-seriously attitude has been questioned frequently, but his results always show his true feelings.

Weapons: Jensen carries a few...modified weapons of his own design. He has discovered a way of utilizing robotics and weaponry in several forms, though the bulk of his designs were untested and therefore illogical to bring on such a dangerous mission. The main weapons he will utilize are two pistols with wireless linkups to his sunglasses that make him deadly accurate, a shot-gun that fires hollow paintball type projectiles filled with a chemically engineered acid, and a special weapon he is especially proud of, two steel-carbide bladed throwing knives that can have their courses altered by electromagnets in his gloves.

Snippit: Jensen didn't bother peeking over his magazine when he heard the door to his workroom open. The only one who ever bothered him was Rawlings, the head of the "New Discovery Engineering" area that employed Jensen. Their only purpose was to develop new devices to better life in the bunkers, unfortunetly for Jensen, Rawlings was a glory whore and would present Jensen's work as his own.

"Roberts, I need that rat catcher you were developing ASAP. I'm to present an idea to reduce the rat problem in the storehouse. Let me know when..."

"Already been done for a month John," Jensen interupted, "it's on the top shelf of the cabinet on your right." Jensen sighed as Rawlings pulled his device down, but smiled as the man left his work room, smiled because the man had pushed him to this point, and it was bound to be entertaining.

4 hours later....

Again Jensen didn't bother turning his head from his work as the door to his workroom flew open.

"Jensen Roberts?" The voice wasn't quite who he'd expected. Turning he saw a man he didn't recognize, which was something living in such a small community. He seemed official enough with his pressed clothes and stoic demeanour, Jensen gulped as he thought about what he'd sent Rawlings out.

"John Rawlings spoke highly of you, that is until your little sedative robot put him and many of the highest ranking bunker officials out of commision at the moment." The man didn't break his stonelike stance and personality for a minute, not even when Jensen burst laughing.

He pictured Rawlings talking up HIS invention of a no-kill rat catcher that would allow the rats to be then used as subjects for radiation testing in anticipation of the second group to be sent to the surface in search of the 'purifier', a pipe dream in Jensen's mind.

"Though we have already choosen the group to participate, we've decided to add another. At first it was going to be Rawlings, but I've decided you may be a better candidate. Pack your thing Mr. Roberts, you're going to help save our world." The man turned and began walking from the office.

"You know this mission is going to be a bust correct?" Jensen was an opponent when he first heard the idea kicked around, he couldn't grasp a single machine that could purify the world of radiaiton, he didn't understand that point. "And besides, if the bulk of the board is incapacitated at the moment, how can you make this call?"

The man turned and smiled a bit, an uneasy smile to Jensen, "Let's leave it as it is a group decision. You meet your team in the conference room first thing tomorrow."

Jensen sighed, he had no choice. He thought of everything he was leaving behind and shook his head.

Then he smiled when he thought of Rawlings, "Vacation!" Jensen pumped his fist and ran out of the workroom, now happy for the chance at getting away from A-hole bosses. Edited by Drizzt

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm very happy to be back. With school, baby on the way, and work I've been pressed. I won't be on until Monday thanks to the holidays, but I'm really looking forward to this KG.

Inuyasha, do you have anyway of getting ahold of Takuuya, I'm sure he wouldn't want to miss this if he can help it. and Chibi's still running around here somewhere.

I'll PM Taku and see if I can get a hold of him as well. Definitely get Excel into gear and I'll PM Chibi as well. lol. As soon as we find out if we can get everyone back together I'll start to work on getting this up between getting my AMV done as well. You guys want me to PM Fighter as well? I've seen him around a few times also.

XD so that just leaves Taku, Excel, and Chibi! lol

Okay, once Fighter gets his character up I'll go ahead and start this and if the others want to join in they can meet up with us on the surface or something like that, we'll work it out but I just really want to get this one going before we're no longer interested in it. A friend of mine, The Enemy, is supposed to be putting a character sheet up sometime soon as well. We'll have to wait and see what happens. But for everyone else that did sign up, thank you and it's good to be RPing with you all again. I've missed you.

Okay, so Lilt will be putting her post up soon, she got a hold of me before I could her so she's in. I also got a hold of Takkuya and he's in as well. So all that's left is Excel and Chibi. I'm waiting to hear back from Chibi but as soon as I do I'll let you all know. Edited by Knuckles' Girl

• 2 weeks later...
I heard y'all been gossipin' 'bout me! :sly:

Name: Sir Wallace Sandyson (a.k.a. Wallace)

Job: Wallace is an inventor of sorts. He works as a handy-man and sometimes a janitor, but his true passion lies in the creation of new technology to help make life easier for others. Wallace can often be seen tinkering with any of his works in progress that he has piled up in his workshop. Because Wallace's job usually includes the gentle collection and fiery destruction of trash, he finds many things that he likes to keep for invention parts. It is not common knowledge that Wallace is such a skilled inventor, because no one suspects the janitor. :P

Skills: See above.

Appearance: [attachment=14942:wallace.jpg]
(Yes, I drew that.) Wallace wanders around inside his special suit, about 5'7" in height, though no one knows exactly why he wears it. Because no one has ever seen him outside his suit, no one knows if Wallace is male, female, young or old. They simply address Wallace as "he" or "him" for convenience.

Personality: Wallace is a bit on the mysterious side, but that's not to say he never holds conversations. When muttering to himself, one can only hear a strange mix of clicks, whirrs and grumbly sounds. However, when speaking to others, Wallace utilizes a built-in translator that gives the illusion of him speaking with a British accent.

Weapons: Though he doesn't really need them, having almost no enemies, Wallace does carry around a few of his favorite self-made weaponry. In pockets hidden throughout his grungy outfit, Wallace has several Tickers. These are small white cubes that explode upon impact with any solid surface. Wallace also carries smoke bombs and "GumBalls." The GumBalls are spheres about the size of a large marble that stick to anything they touch, encassing their target in a sticky substance that immobilizes. If he has no other choice, Wallace will change the contents of the smoky substance that he excretes and will turn it into a poisonous gas that envelopes him and his attackers.

Snippit: The ground was filthy. Simply filthy. Wallace shook his head and made severe clicking sounds as he swept up the floor of an old storage area. He stopped sweeping when a shiny object caught his sight. Reaching down, Wallace carefully picked up a gliterry button that sparkled green. Wallace whirred and shoved the precious button into a fold in his suit. "WALLACE!" hollered another janitor across the large storage area. "Damn it, Wallace, don't think I can't see you picking through the garbage over there! Stop wasting time with the filth and just clean it up!"
"Ah, I understand, Mr. Gangre! However, if you would please call me by my [i]official[/i] title, I would be very grateful!" Wallace replied, switching on his translator. Mr. Gangre responded by flashing his middle finger and returning to his sweeping. Wallace huffed and began an onslaught of clicks and whizzing in protest.
"HEY! Enough robo-speak! If I have to stop what I'm doing and yell at you one more time, I will not be gentle about it!" Mr. Gangre spat. Wallace went back to sweeping, quietly buzzing to himself.

Later on, Wallace happily made his way to the council office, jingling as he went due to the amount of loose materials in his unseen pockets. Upon reaching the council office, he prepared to begin disinfecting the seats. A female employee rushed by Wallace at first, but stopped shortly thereafter. "Sir Wallace Sandyson! Oh, you've got to see this! The big-wigs are holding a meeting! Something about a search!" Wallace liked this employee as she was one of the only people that ever used his preferred title, no matter how silly it may have sounded to her.
"I would be very interested in going to this meeting, Ms. Cheryl!"
"Then hurry up!" Cheryl called, running toward the meeting room.

Wallace and Cheryl listened intently at the meeting. When it was dismissed, Wallace was almost shaking with excitement. "Ugh. How stupid. There's no water-thingy out there! I don't believe it for a minute!" Cheryl sniffed. "You'd have to be an idiot to go!"
"I VOLUNTEER!" Wallace screeched at the council once a young woman left the room.
"What?!" Cheryl coughed.
"It's the opportunity of a lifetime! A purifier! Astounding! I simply [i]must[/i] see this ingenious invention! It may even rival my own!"
"You can't be serious...," Cheryl sighed.
"Are you sure?" one of the council members asked Wallace. "It's going to be dangerous and harsh. Maybe you should rethink this decision before you-"
"I will go!" Wallace reassured the council member.
"Very well. Three days until you leave. Be prepared."

Awsome. Just waiting for Fighter to finish his, Taku and Lilt to get there's up as well and Lilt should have her's up about the same time as Excel. Not sure when Taku is gonna have his up but besides all of us there is one other person coming is, he's PMed his post and should be putting it up soon. so hopefully we can have this up and going soon. Good to have everyone back.

[b]Name: [/b]Leonis Mavern; Leo for short

[b]Age:[/b] 41

[b]Job:[/b] Grounds Keeper in basic terms, maintaining the meager gardens they have to produce small amounts of fresh, if not weak food. He specializes in botany and entomology, studying the mutated insects that somehow find their way down into their 'secure' home.
[b]
Appearance: [/b]Leo is abnormal in size and build structure, he stands at about 6' 6" when he doesn't have to crouch in the hallways and is built like a bear with a barrel sized chest and thick arms and legs. He has a thick beard with a tinge of red to it but shot through with gray. His hair is a dark brown color peppered with white as well, and is fairly shaggy, his eyes are a crystal blue that hold a shine of youth on his somewhat elderly exterior. He tends to wear whatever he can find that fits or that can be mended to fit properly. Finding boots for him to wear is a nightmare and tries to take care of his current pair, alternating between walking barefoot and wearing them for short periods of time.
[b]
Personality:[/b] Leo is fairly quiet, not saying much to anyone unless asked specifically about something. He typically keeps to himself due to being rather large as a child and picked on more regularly then other children. This bred a short of fear into him of other peoples words, always thinking they'll try to hurt him in some way so he keeps his head down and his thoughts to himself, finding enjoyment in just tending to his plants and studying insects as they appear. However, he does have a temper that is difficult to flare, but once started, is nearly impossible to quell that turns him into a powerful tank. He has only let his temper get the best of him three times in his life, each time was terrifying and savage and hardly anyone forgot about it. Since then, he built up more walls and more defenses to make sure he didn't hurt the people he came to know as his family.

[b]Weapon:[/b] Leo doesn't have any weapons to his name, per say. No pistols or rifles to carry with him, nothing really fits into his meaty hands very well. He mainly carries a large wooden club that has been shaped over sometime with careful and steady hands. He later added large nails to it to give it more deadly effect for the bugs that he couldnâ??t study. Otherwise, Leonis uses the strength of his hands and feet to defend himself, wrapping them in cloth and wearing gloves with plates of segmented metal covering the fingers, knuckles and the back of his hands.

[b]Writing snippet:[/b] [b]â??The sun is too harsh for you little ones, I must keep you safe from its deadly rays.â? [/b]Leo said as he tended to the gardens, giving each and everyone the attention it wouldnâ??t normally receive from the others of the complex. He watered each carefully, measuring out the proper amount for each plant in his head. Counting silently as he looked to each one, making sure none of the plants had wilted and died from poor maintenance. He touched each one as well, feeling the stems and the leaves, checking for any signs of sickness or any bite marks on his charges. He walked carefully amongst the plants as well, his massive feet stepping gently and gracefully to avoid causing any damage. His meticulous steps appeared to others as a choreographed dance, every movement deliberate and effortless.

He felt every grain of dirt as he took each step, his bare feet only wrapped around his ankles and his arches. He curled his toes occasionally to feel the soft and warm caress of the soil as he finished his duties. As he neared the last plant, he saw a huge chunk missing from the plant itself, torn off in a horridly violent manor. Leonis felt sadness well up inside him as he looked around for what could have done the damage. Within a few moments he saw the culprit, a dark mass huddled in the corner of his â??greenhouseâ??. He approached carefully and looked hard at the small creature, it was only small compared to Leonis, the creature was a radiated roach, oversized and over-populating. Its antenna swiveled lightly as it suddenly sensed the massive form before it. These roaches, unlike its first generation, were aggressive and had pincer like mouths so tear into more than plants, these creatures didnâ??t shy away from anything they could bite.

Leonis quickly glanced to the doorway, seeing his club resting in the outer doorway; he looked back to the creature and put his hands on his waist. His brow rose as he felt the cold metal of his gloves. He had tucked them into his make shift belt before he started work, to avoid getting any grime under the plates. He pulled the gloves free, clinking lightly as he prepared to put them one. The Roach hissed and chattered its pincers together, ready for a fight and more food. Leonis drew on his gloves and flex his hands. The roach suddenly scurried at him, swiveling side to side as it sped right toward him. Leonis swung a meaty fist and missed the creature by mere inches, the roach turned and tried to crunch down on his hand but found only metal. Leonis took his chance and slammed his other fist down into the roachâ??s body, smashing with such force that caused his fits to ram right through the creature.

The exoskeleton no match for the hardened metal and the raw power of his muscles, the creature screeched once before Leonis brought his other fist down and smashed the creatures head. The creature went motionless as he withdrew his fits, looking at the bits and pieces as he prepared to grind the creature up into fertilizer. As he was putting the last bits of the smashed roach into his composter, a messenger scurried into his garden. Looking about cautiously and spotted Leonis, he quickly navigated the garden before reaching Leonis.
[b]
â??Leo, Iâ??m glad I finally found you. The council has called a meeting, they would like for you to attend, and it is of the greatest importance. I donâ??t even know the details, you will find out when you arrive.â?[/b] Leonis looked around at his sprouts and contemplating saying no and tend to the plants. But quickly disregarded that idea as he spoke in his deep, thunders voice.
[b]
â??Very well, I can take some time off for now.â?[/b] The messenger nodded and vanished out the door, Leonis soon followed and carefully walked down the hall way, staying low to avoid supports that people normally couldnâ??t even reach without jumping and reaching out as far as they could. He reached the council meeting and saw several others as well; he stood farther in the back as he tried to stay out of everyoneâ??s way. He listened intently to what the council was charging them with, what they were being asked to do for their people. Leonis thought about the prospect of new plants and creatures surfacing because of the fresh water, he wanted to volunteer immediately; however, Kaia beat him to it and he waited patiently for the others to filter out before accepting the job given to them all.

As soon as he left, he started to pack, getting his things ready, carefully placing his shoes on his feet and securing them tightly before finishing getting dressed he sat on his bed, buzzing at the prospect of a new world. He had already forgotten about his plants, about the care he gave them. Fortunately for his plants, they were always being taken care of by automated systems as well. Mildly functioning, but enough to keep them going with minimal work actually needing to be done physically, with enough time, everything would take a turn that he could not see, but could only stand strong and win out in the end.

As promised, I've been ***** smacked.

Name: Rose

Job: Being a mechanical, life-sized doll, she has been assigned the task of being the caretaker of the children born in the bunker. But, despite her claims that she was merely a child's toy before the fallout, her strength seems to be far more than it should be to just be a doll. Unwittingly, she demonstrates this when used as a sparing partner for those in the bunker. But, she seems clueless as to this other side, merely doing as she is asked. Her ability as a calculator of mathmatics and strategy is also quite handy. There are many theories because of these qualities as to just what exactly she was originally intended to be used for.

Appearence: Rose is emblazoned with the symbol that bears her name, it appearing as a brooch attached to the tie upon her deep crimson victorian style dress. The beautifule lace and ruffles that once adorned her dress are ragged and torn, as are her pantyhose and the false skin on her right arm and leg. Dull, cold metal can be seen under the ripped pseudo-flesh.Her flowing blonde ringlets hang loosely about her form, and her bangs cover her shattered right eye. The deep hole in her pretty face houses a glowing red dot, the truth of her mechanical origins. On her feet are worn mary-kay style shoes and ruffled socks. But, because there is a lack of ability to repair her fully, she remains in this condition. Despite this, she is always welcome among the children and they willfully enjoy her company. Rose stands in at four and a half feet feet tall, and weighs about 380 pounds.

Personality: Quiet, reserved, and poised, she always seems to have a smile on her face, trying to raise the spirits of those around her. Her voice rings out like that of a child in pitch, though her wisdom (or is it experience? No one can tell the difference.) seems to be far beyond that of a simple child's toy. Around the children, she's seen as fragile, though by the adults she's seen as an almost indestructable guardian and work horse. Many, even still, are particularly fond of her, they haqving known her themselves as children. Through all of this, she never complains about her tasks assigned to her.

Weapons: Being an android of sorts, her bare strength is all that need suffice. However, when present with a makeshift weapon, she's nearly unstoppable.

Snippet:

"Rose, come and play with us!" said a little girl with bright red hair.

"Of course, Annie. What would you like to play today?" Rose smiled broadly, cocking her head at the small child. Rose was only half a head taller than she, though the little girl paid no heed to this. Rose turned her head as several of the other children were coming over now. "No, Rose should play with us! She'll be great for playing soccer!"

Rose smiled, and nodded. "That's a wonderful idea! Annie, would you like to play soccer?"

Annie huffed, and shook her head. "No!"

Rose's brow furrowed. "What would you like to do, Annie?"

Annie crossed her arms, and closed her eyes. "I wanna go see the repairs on the generator. My daddy is working on them."

"Raymond? Yes, it's been awhile since I've seen him. That's a truely splendid idea." Rose turned to the other children. "Would you like to go see the generators too? It's quite important, you know." Raising her hand like a teacher, Rose continued on. "The generators are what keeps life going down here, you know that?"

One of the little boys nodded. "Yeah, yeah, We know that Rose. But, there's supposed to be a mission to go find some kind of purifier for the outside world."

Rose's ice blue eye became strangely distant. "Truely, Micheal? There's a mission? I haven't heard anything of the sort."

"Yeah, but the adults would know more about it than I do." Micheal shrugged, "Let's go see the generators. I like watching." The other children agreed, and in the accompanyment of Rose, they set off.

Rose walked along quietly, contemplating this new information. The children talked excitedly, though Rose kept thinking to herself. Soon enough, they had arrived at the generators, and watched the workers. Suddenly, a large tank of steam ruptured, and so Rose began to usher the children away.

"Look out!"

Whirling around, Rose saw the steam tank rocketing at her and the children. Rose threw up her arms in the mere second she had. With a loud, echoing boom, the tank slammed into her, almost lifting her off of her feet. When the steam cleared, Rose was standing there, her hand having punched through the tanks in order to stop it. Picking it up, she tossed it against the other side of the room. With a hollow and resounding thud it collapsed in on itself into a heap of ruined metal.

Her first concern was the children. Turning, they were all crying, and Rose knelt to them. "There there, it's alright. Nothing's going to hurt you while I'm around. Hush now, stop crying." Rose's smile assured the children, and soon (Aside from a few snuffles) the children had stopped crying. The adults were rushing over, surrounding the small group. Rose's smile was back, and she was repeatedly thanks for saving the children. Rose simply stated it was her duty as nanny.

-------

Later, as Rose was being examined for any damage, there was a knock on the door. Entering into the room was the director of the Bunker, his eyes looking Rose over as she had her insides displayed for the world to see. "Forgive me, sir, it's indecent for you to see me like this." She said, though the older gentleman simply waved off her concerns.

"Rose, I hear that you saved the lives of the children today in the accident."

"Yes, sir. But, I was only doing as I was told to do."

"Indeed." The man paused, as if wondering how to go about saying what he was going to. "Rose, even though you are a wonderful addition to the bunker, and the children adore you. But... I'm assigning you a new task."

Rose looked at the man, her diagnostic nearly finished. "I'm only at sixty-four percent function. Are you sure?"

"Yes. Even still, you are to go with the people heading out to find the purifier. You'll be an essential tool for them to use. Your immense strength and varios robotic functions allow our people a better chance for survival."

"I see." Rose closed her eye. "I hear you and I shall abide by your words. When do we leave?" Edited by ExcelExcel

[font="Arial Black"]Name[/font]: Light Zevvrn Ellswor'the or Elle by friends.

[font="Arial Black"]Age[/font]: 20

[font="Arial Black"]Job[/font]: Demolitionist/Miner ( Though he likes to think of himself as an adventurer slash trail blazer ) and he is a very good artist

[font="Arial Black"]Appearance[/font]: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/takuuya/Chara/ccfe237c.jpg Most of Light's Hair is cut short except for the back with is long and braided with yellow ribbon.It falls just bellow his hips.
Light is 5'8" and has a build like a gymnast surprisingly for a miner but sometimes his job requires him to be suspended in air and he has to be quite nimble and quick to avoid the accidental falling of rocks with trained reflexes.
He likes to wear light clothing when he's not in the mines like... A green mesh tank top with is tight and fitted, over that he wears a dull gray vest with various pockets (which he keeps explosives and powers to make them). The vest is lined with black mole fur so is the hood of it, the vest stops just before his navel. He wheres neon green goggles that emits light.
He has a utility belt along with suspenders that fall below his waist. One of the legs on his pants stop at the knee and he has a knee guard with a pointed deadly spike. On his pants on BOTH sides, right on his thighs is a rough strip that extends to his knee, he can strike fire to his explosives in a fluid motion. Elle wears leather lace up boots that stop just before his calves.

[font="Arial Black"]Personality[/font]: Elle is the type of guy who still enjoys listening to stories told by the elders of heroes and tales of valor and adventure.... He lives for adventure. He's always thrilled to do his job discovering new caverns, expanding the bunker and finding sub animals, his notebook is full of sketches of maps and doodles of animals or minerals he finds. His room is slightly cluttered with gemstones and other things he deems as treasure. Light hearted and optimistic and so bubbly sometimes foolish and rushes in to things but he's a smart guy with a loving heart always helps where he's needed. Though most of the time he speaks before thinking he means well. He can be a sneaky menace at times. Curious like a cat and thirsty for adventure, some people look at him as a accident waiting to happen but they cant help but to be charmed by him.

[font="Arial Black"]Weapon/skills[/font]: Explosives and a Terra Gauntlet on his left arm which can emit pulses to help him break stone easier and can deflect stray stalactite or other rocks. the clawed but slender gauntlet fits like a glove so it's not a huge hunk of metal that limits his moments or slows him down it also allows him to defend himself just in case he runs into any mutated underground critters. Since his brother was a military trained guard Elle is also good at hand to hand combat and can handle a few weapons and arms.

[font="Arial Black"]Snippet[/font]:

Elle groaned for the fifth time in five minutes. "Be patient lad, let me get these readings" Said a much older and burlier man. "You've been walking around with that scanner for twenty minutes Obion and we already know whats behind that wall... or at least I do" Elle was now pouting , he hated being scheduled to work with Obion. Yes He adores him and looks at him like a father but it was such a PAIN working with him.

Obion was one of the Demolition and Mining overseers, theres not a stick of dynamite that goes off without the OK of a DAM Overseer. It was their job to calculate the effects of the explosion plus securing the location of the excavation site and a whole bunch of other boring crap that held up new and exciting discoveries ...well acording to Light Z. Ellswor'the.

"Why are you so anxious to blow up the bunker?" Obion asked without looking back at Light, he ran his hands over the rocky wall glittered with sparkling crystals "Hmm..." He clicked a few buttons on his scanner.

"They're fluoresites.... Those glowing crystals." Elle answered the unspoken question. "I've been studying the vein leading here and I'm a hundred percent sure that theres a huge deposit behind this wall, Obion." Elle was getting more impatient by the second. "And I already calculated and planed the demolition of this wall, lets get on with it already."

"Ya know if you would just use the the Miners Mech for once, I wouldn't have to double check for safety because you'd be protected those armored babies." Obion jabbed his thumb in the direction of two Mechs huge and sturdy used for digging and such. Elle only used them to get to point A and B ... if they were far apart that is.

"I dont like being in that thing it shuts me off from my surroundings, I like to [i]feel[/i] the earth around me... ya know be in sync and such." Obion groaned when he saw Elle flash him a winning smile. "Aww dont worry so much, I think you've checked enough."

"Just let me run these calculations through again, then check out the surrounding area and ceiling struc-"

"Ugh! Earth and metal!!" Elle exclaimed throwing his hands in the air... " Fine..." Elle kicked a rock toward the mechs behind them then smiled. He picked up another and threw it in the cockpit at an angle that made it ricochet within it. "Uh oh, Sounds like some pest found it's way into one of the mechs... Hmm, I wonder if it'll leave a surprise like last time."

"WHAT!? Not again those damn vermin!" Obion picked up his pick and headed to the mechs. Elle took that time to light a few explosives and carefully place them at the wall.

"FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" He yelled jubilantly and ran for cover. "Damn it Boy!!" shouted Obion as he took a dive towards the mechs.

When the dust and debris cleared, there was a soft glow of light that came in from the giant hole in the wall. Elle rushed to it and stood in awe, He saw mounds of Fluoresites bright and warm... This was a great find, this was why he had been so anxious and excited... this could possibly be a new source of light and heat.... and there was enough of it to be tested for a power source. The bunker would benefit from this greatly and that was all that mattered to him.

"Well I guess the wall wasnt to thick, I probly could have broke through it with a shock wave from the Terra Gauntlet" Elle flex his left arm, then added "But the dynamite added a dramatic touch...dont you think so, Big O?"

"Dont you Big O me ! this was against code and unorthodox and DANGEROUS!" Obion Said walking up to him then stopping when he saw the deposit, "Yet ... you were right lad, This is a great find" Obion squeezed his shoulder lightly. "You brother and Mum will be proud"

"Aww shucks, Obion...sto-" Elle felt something hit his hard hat. "Look out!!" He shoved Obion out the way and thrust his arm upward sending destructive pulses to break up the falling stalactites.

"Light!!"

-----------

"Stupid, foolish, rock headed, boy" Elle heard someone mumbling, he didn't know who it was but he wanted them to shut up. Elle's head was throbbing something fierce, he groaned.

"Medic! Medic, he's coming to" Elle recognized that voice with a groan and opened his eyes then cursed when the brightness of the room stabbed at him.

"H-hhey Big O, Whats shaking ?" He managed along with a goofy smile. Obion just glared at his through misty eyes.

"You're going to be the death of me boy, Ether you'll kill me in an accident or give me a heart attack. You took care of most of the rocks but one hit you so hard it knocked your hard hat off. "

Elle looked guilty and sullen, "I'm sorry Big O, I should have been more patient..." Obion waved him off. "It happens lad, now I think we've had enough excitement for today"
He squeezed Light's hand and stood up from his chair. "I sent word to your brother" Elle groaned, "He should be in here to check on you soon, I'm going to head back down to the excavation site and make sure you're credited for your find."

"Thanks ,Obion."

"You take it easy lad, wait for the medic to come in and check you out okay? I'll see you tomorrow" Obion pated his leg and walk out the room.

Elle Laid there for about six minutes then kicked the blanket off of him, He felt his head someone had wrapped some white clothe like thing around his head, there was a little bump...and he had a few cuts and bruises in other areas "Nothing serious, I dont need to get checked out by anyone" Elle got his bag with his things in it and got up and preceded to leave the ward.

"It's just so exciting" Elle heard a nurse say to her friend, " One of the people they sent out last year has returned with great news"

"I wonder what he has to say, It must have been a dangerous mission if he's the only one that made it back." Said her friend.

"Yes that part is truly sad, still... it must have been some adventure" The first nurse said. Elle's heart stopped, 'Adventure??!"

"I feel jealous and worried for the new people who will volunteer at the council meeting" Elle heard everything he needed to hear he rushed off to the council hall.

Light bumped into a crowd coming out of the building. "Sorry !!!" He called back at them still running into the building.

The hall was empty except for an old official looking guy gathering up a stack of papers. "Oh no!! I missed it"

"Whats that sonny?" The old man looked at him, "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Was there a meeting here?"

"You can say that, More like a recruiting of sorts" The Councilman looked him over... "You wouldn't want to volunteer would you boy? dangerous stuff this mission is.... quite the adventure one might say."

"Of Course I want to!" Elle almost jumped put of his worn out but sturdy boots in excitement.

"You don't even no the details of the mi-"

"It's for the bunker right?" Elle interrupted, "If it will benefit everyone here then I don't care about the specifics, I would really like to go sir... if it isn't too late"

The Councilman looked straight into Light's eyes and nodded. "Well then you best get prepared, you'll leave in three days with the others who volunteered. What was your name son?"

"Ellswor'the,sir. Light Z. Ellswor'the"

"Ahh, You're Hope's little brother... I should have known from the snow white hair. Okay, well I guess I'll see you in three days then, Light."

"Yes you will sir." Elle Turned on his heels and headed towards home anxious to pack and plan..."Plan... hmm, Maybe i should have asked for specifics ...oh well" Edited by Takuuya

Sorry it took me so long. Been real busy like.

[b][u]Name:[/u][/b] Oni Phobos

[b][b][u]Age:[/u][/b][/b] 20.

[u][b]Job:[/b][/u] Psychologist. Even as a young tyke he had a knack for knowing what ailed another person so it was only natural that he should become one. (KG, gotta admit I don't know much about Fallout cause I haven't played it. I'll change this if it doesn't fit in. ^_^; )

[u][b]Appearance: Lookie, lookie at the bottom.
[/b][/u]
[u][b]Personality:[/b][/u] Oni is a pretty laid back guy who seems to always know the answers to whatever questions a person may ask him. His demeanor says, "I'm that nice guy", but in truth it hides a rather diabolic individual who loves to have people in the palm of his hands. Over all he means well, but the question is... for who?

[u][b]Weapon:[/b][/u] Oni handles a rather unique katana. The hilt is a dark blue while the metal of the blade itself almost shines white. He is capable of pulling of some pretty impressive strikes in combat due to how light the blade is.

[u][b]Writing snippet:[/b][/u] "Oni? What do you think of her problem, son?" whispered a elderly gentleman siting on a rather old rocking chair. Oni closed his eyes and laid back as if saying, "I really don't care".
"Oni... again I ask. What do you think of Tiyal's problem?" the elderly man said a bit angered. Tiyal, like Oni had just turned 20, but her given job wasn't at all what she had hoped for.
"...whatever. This is supposed to be your job old man. Not. Mine." Oni replied with a well timed smile. He loved to test people's patience and just like he predicted the man walked over to Oni and grabbed him by his shirt.
"What is my job is soon to be yours, Oni. Your continuing disagreements with me will harm your succession. ...I swear on those before me all you Phobos are the same...." the man growled. This just fueled Oni's playful mind even more.
"I... just... don't like my job is... all." Tiyal said lowly. Oni smacked the man's hands from his shirt and dusted himself off. He honestly wanted to continue.
"Tiyal, you don't want the job because it's too hard for you. You wanted something easier, right?" Oni said smugly. Tiyal looked at Oni and nodded with a playful smile.
"What you are assigned to do is for you to do to the best of your power Tiyal." the man said as if he had read it straight from a book. Oni then got up from his comfy spot.
"...but, what if we were to deny this, elder? Then what? Would you force us to execute our duty?" Oni said with a bit of sharpness. The man glared at Oni with hatred.
"Oni Phobos. You waste of potential...." the elder barked. He then walked towards his desk full of papers and handed Oni a tiny note.
"Tiyal, you will execute your duties. Oni, you will execute your duties as well." he continued. Oni scoffed as he read the little message on the note.
"Really now. Me on the surface. Sounds like fun". Edited by Ol' Fighter