OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Graphic Novel

Dragon Warrior

[center][size="6"]The Otaku[b]Boards[/b] Graphic Novel[/size][/center]

So now that I'm taking a semester off from school to work a bit and get some money, I find myself with a lot of free time to work on all my projects like my bands, my script writing, and of course my graphic novels. I have two or three in the process of being developed, but a problem I tend to have with these is that I have bad self discipline. There's a reason I have had the same novel ideas being developed for so long; it's because I lose focus and want to work on one of the other two when I get a new idea. I need people to work with me for me to be able to keep interest.

That got me thinking... it'd be interesting to work with some of you folks here since this forum is a wealth of writers, artists, graphic designers, and so much more. With a team at work, we could make a pretty spiffy graphic novel for fun. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular and we certainly aren't going to sell it probably. I just thought it'd be a fun project to have a team to create a little something special we can keep for our whole lives.

We could even have smaller teams of [b]writers, illustrators, color artists, and editors[/b]. And perhaps if it calls for it (or we simply want to be super creative), we can all cross over and do a little of everything. I know when I write, I do character sketches myself, so I would feel obligated to at least be in writing and a bit of doodling. I just know there are artists on this forum that are ten times better than me, so I may leave the final art to them haha. But we could all have fun drawing up storyboards, creating plot twists, developing characters, and contributing ideas and suggestions the whole way.

I just want to know if this sounds appealing to anyone. Toss me your feedback! :] Edited by Dragon Warrior

Well I'm rather potent with a pencil and I'm currently learning how to properly use my tablet.... I wouldn't call myself THE OtakuBoards artist but I think it'd be enough for sketches, names, etc. nothing special, y'know.
As for writing, I might be able to toss in a few ideas. I only have to consider that I have finals coming up in 4 months so I would have to compromise the amount of time I can help you. Edited by Felix the Cat

[quote name='Boo' timestamp='1295962745' post='704298']
Sign me up. And I'm volunteering Chibi Master too.
[/quote]
Now wait a- Yeah, okay, sure.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1295965094' post='704301']
So many capitals! has my little sis grown up already?
[/quote]
NOOOOOO. Boo needs to leave my little letters alone!

[size=1][color=royalblue]I'm going to cautiously throw in my assistance for coloring. I love coloring things that I didn't have to draw. However, the reason for my caution is based upon how much or how little time I'll have this semester. I don't know what my workload is going to be quite yet, so I'll just kinda tiptoe in, but don't be surprised (or mad) if I have to pull out.[/color][/size]

So this is what I have thus far...

[b][u]Writers[/u][/b]
Dragon Warrior
Canz
Anomaly
Vicky

[b][u]Color Artists[/u][/b]
Canz
White
Katana

[b][u]Illustrators[/u][/b]
Felix The Cat
White
chibi master

[b][u]Editors[/u][/b]
Dragon Warrior
Vicky

[b][u]Concept Artists[/u][/b]
Dragon Warrior
Felix The Cat
White
chibi master

I went ahead and placed all the illustrators into the concept artists list, but if an illustrator doesn't want to do that, say so... and all the same, if someone who isn't illustrating wanted to help with concept art, feel free to say. Also, [b]Boo[/b], what exactly did you want to do?

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]@podcast Hey! I remembered that I signed up! :)

I drew up a little tux wearing sticky armed bird... thing. His name is Uka'to! I don't know where or how he can fit into the novel but... I want to get this ball rolling!

[center][img]http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/391/001ljc.jpg[/img]

Aww.. nobody likes Uka'to. Q_Q[/font][/color][/center] Edited by White