OtakuBoards

Pizza Toppings!

chibi-master

Possibly one of the most argued-over subjects in any household. What pizza toppings do you like?

If I'm in a group, pepperoni is the usual choice, but I much prefer ham and pineapple! I can't eat anything spicy, so peppers are never an option. If I don't feel like having pineapple, I just get meat lover's.

I also kind of dislike cheese pizza. It just seems like a sad, naked slice of failure. If you're going to get pizza, it may as well have something on it besides the basics. Edited by chibi-master

[color="#006400"]I once had a six-cheese pizza at some place in town that was amazing. I also normally don't like (well, don't [i]prefer[/i]) pizza with just cheese, but this was a horse of a different color.

Pepperoni is always classic.

But I really just love pizza all around, and have since I was a kid. I think there's very little you could put on it that would make me not want to eat it. Occasionally I'll make a chicken alfredo pizza using some Pillsbury pizza crust, alfredo sauce, chicken, broccoli, cheese, and sometimes tomatoes (I think sun-dried tomatoes would be better than regular ones, though if I really had my way I would probably use some form of roasted red pepper). You could probably add crumbled bacon as well because bacon makes everything better.[/color]

I enjoy pepperoni and bacon pizza. Cheese pizza is kind of the default pizza for my friends and I. No one can decide what they want. Then someone would say "ew I don't like that" whenever someone would suggest anything. Its just a mess. At home with family we get pepperoni pizza cause its usually the cheapest. Edited by Cat

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Pepperoni's a classic, so that's an obvious one for me. As for others, I really like green olives and anchovies. I think I'm the only girl I know that likes the latter -- everyone I've met that likes anchovies are guys. Oh well, more for me![/font][/color]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' timestamp='1315603158' post='709369']
[color="#006400"]But I really just love pizza all around, and have since I was a kid. I think there's very little you could put on it that would make me not want to eat it. Occasionally I'll make a chicken alfredo pizza using some Pillsbury pizza crust, alfredo sauce, chicken, broccoli, cheese, and sometimes tomatoes (I think sun-dried tomatoes would be better than regular ones, though if I really had my way I would probably use some form of roasted red pepper). You could probably add crumbled bacon as well because bacon makes everything better.[/color]
[/quote]
[size="1"]Umm....yeah. I'll take whatever ^^ Piro's having thank you. I think I just drooled all over my carpet.

I love red bell peppers and would love to see them on a pizza. But I pretty much go with meat lovers but with mushrooms & olives. I like vegetarian. I like everything actually. PESTO is definately my fav however better then tomato sauce. Yum.[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1315600767' post='709368']
Possibly one of the most argued-over subjects in any household. What pizza toppings do you like?

If I'm in a group, pepperoni is the usual choice, but I much prefer [b]ham and pineapple![/b] I can't eat anything spicy, so peppers are never an option. If I don't feel like having pineapple, I just get meat lover's.

I also kind of dislike cheese pizza. It just seems like a sad, naked slice of failure. If you're going to get pizza, it may as well have something on it besides the basics.
[/quote]

Yay, gay pizza!!!!

Personally I used to like cheese as a kid but I usually stick with the standard peporoni maybe add pineapple. I also have no quarrels with a meat lovers.

[size="1"]I used to love pepperoni but I really don't like it so much anymore, it makes the pizza too greasy for me. I like sausage, green peppers, black olives, and onions mostly. But it depends on where its from. Theres a place near me called "A Slice Above" that has a lot of good concoctions. My mom used to get this crazy garlic pizza, loads of garlic. Her and my step dad will eat whole garlic cloves. Anyway, the barbeque and bison pizza was amazing.[/size]

[color="#DDA0DD"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I like a lot of different types of pizza. But one of my favorites is pineapple and ham. So tasty. If not that then something with lots of different things on it. Not much of a fan for just pepperoni or cheese. [/font][/color] Edited by Hummy

[size="2"][font="Verdana"]It really depends on where I get it.

Pizza Hut: Double Cheese Pizza with Stuffed Crust or Meat-Lovers
Papa Johns: Ham and Pineapple
Mikes Pizza: MEATY MEATY MEAT
Gambinos Pizza: Screw their pizza. Get their Italian Roast Beef sandwich.
Gabe's Pizza: Sausage and Mushroom[/font][/size]

I like basically almost every kind of pizza but I greatly dislike sweet stuff on savoury food so pineapple is not a choice for me.

I usually order pizza with spicy salami or mushrooms and ham or a calzone. I've tried and liked anchovy pizza as well but the last couple pizza places where I got it made it WAY TOO SALTY so I've become sort of wary.

[color=#4B0082]Pepperoni is the old standby, but I like just about any kind of meat. I also like black olives and a bit of mushroom, but I'm not too fond of most vegetables. Stuff I can't stand at all includes bell pepper, tomato, and pineapple.

I'd like to try anchovies some time, but I don't think anywhere around here offers them as a topping and I've never been motivated enough to get them when making pizza at home.[/color]

[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]I really like a lot of different veggie pizzas. Mushrooms, green peppers, green olives, tomatoes, etc. I don't mind having some meat on it but I like that to be more on the light side. Given a choice I almost always go for chicken. Oh and I love double cheese on just about any kind of pizza. [/font][/color]

• 2 months later...
The toppings don't matter as long as the crust is stuffed!

I have been doing some experimentation with homemaid stuffed crust pizza. So far, sooooooooooo good. I have a slight problem with cheese exploding out of the crust, and running into the pizza, but that just makes the inside taste better.

So far my newest favorite topping is double thick bacon. It stays crunchy and good no matter how much cheese is on the pizza.

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1324142267' post='710630']
It was my friend's birthday this week, so we ordered her favorite kind of pizza- White pizza(pizza without sauce). I have a new least favorite kind of pizza now.
[/quote]

That seems more like cheesey bread than pizza. I don't think I would like it... but I doubt it could be worse than sushi pizza.

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1324142267' post='710630']
It was my friend's birthday this week, so we ordered her favorite kind of pizza- White pizza(pizza without sauce). I have a new least favorite kind of pizza now.
[/quote]
[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1324286927' post='710648']
That seems more like cheesey bread than pizza. I don't think I would like it... but I doubt it could be worse than sushi pizza.
[/quote]
[color="#0000ff"]White pizza traditionally isn't just pizza minus sauce. It usually has some sort of base in place of the sauce, often a ricotta cheese or light olive oil. The bread is also usually a little bit more buttery tasting too. When made correctly, it's actually very good so you may just not have had a good white pie. That said, it's definitely not for everyone so it's also entirely possible that you just don't like it :)[/color]

[quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1324312860' post='710651']
I'm a really picky eater, so I like good ol' pepperoni and onion. The onion gives it just enough of an extra taste kick.
[/quote]
[color="#0000ff"]Pepperoni is good but I'm not a fan of onions on anything :P[/color]

[quote name='Petie' timestamp='1324314460' post='710652']
[color="#0000ff"]Pepperoni is good but I'm not a fan of onions on anything :P[/color]
[/quote]
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
Amen to that. I'm just not a fan of having stinky breath after eating something.

But as far as pizza goes, there's this one place in San Diego that I would go to every time I visited. It's called Sammy's Woodfired Pizza and it's in the Downtown Gaslamp district. It's a swanky restaurant with modern furniture and stuff. But it has absolutely the best pizza I've ever had. Crispy, the ingredients are fresh and they even have a kind of fish pizza with fish caught in the bay. Aghghghgh sooo good.

But what about everyone's favorite delivery? I love Dominoes and Pizza Hut delivery. When we were younger, my family would order Papa Johns but one time we got food poisoning from it. So we kinda nixed that. I loved how I could order online and get it right there. I always tipped the driver big money because I had a few friends who worked as delivery drivers and that is a sucky job.[/font]

I really do enjoy Domino's whenever we order from there, which isn't often. I was visiting my friend at work a few weeks ago and someone was picking up their Domino's delivery and the delivery guy randomly gave me a $5 gift certificate to Domino's. I still haven't used it so hopefully it doesn't expire.

[s]lava cakes ahghgugughugh[/s]

[quote name='T.O.P' timestamp='1324319341' post='710654']
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
Amen to that. I'm just not a fan of having stinky breath after eating something.

But as far as pizza goes, there's this one place in San Diego that I would go to every time I visited. It's called Sammy's Woodfired Pizza and it's in the Downtown Gaslamp district. It's a swanky restaurant with modern furniture and stuff. But it has absolutely the best pizza I've ever had. Crispy, the ingredients are fresh and they even have a kind of fish pizza with fish caught in the bay. Aghghghgh sooo good.

But what about everyone's favorite delivery? I love Dominoes and Pizza Hut delivery. When we were younger, my family would order Papa Johns but one time we got food poisoning from it. So we kinda nixed that. I loved how I could order online and get it right there. I always tipped the driver big money because I had a few friends who worked as delivery drivers and that is a sucky job.[/font]
[/quote]

I have been to Sammy's Woodfire Pizza a couple of times. They are really tasty, but my favorite place has to be Filippi's Pizza. You can really only eat two slices since it has so much melty cheese and toppings.

As for delivery, Round Table is the best, but they are also waaaaay to expensive. I can make twice as many pizzas for the same price... and mine taste better. Really the only fast food pizza I get is those 5$ hot and ready pizzas. They aren't fantastic tasting, but its nice if you need to buy food for friends.