OtakuBoards

Expecting

SaiyanPrincessX

Lol....My husband, being the crazy Asian that he is, tell's people that we'll drop silverware, and the sound that it makes will be their names! Other then that, I've had suggestions like Jin and Jun, Goku and Vegeta, Korbin and Leeloo (The Fifth Element).

And thank you everyone.

These pictures are from 18 weeks, and I'm 22 weeks now. Half way! A is the girl, B is the boy. 

Unfortunately she has an umbilical cord issue called Velementous. A normal umbilical cord goes from the mother, through the placenta and to the fetus, which is his case, her umbilical cord, however goes around and through the membrane which can cause slower growth, because she doesn't get as much nutrients. It's really just a matter of watching her weight very carefully, and there is nothing I can do currently except monitor. There can be other complications, but it isn't always the case.

It happens frequently with multiples, or with women over a certain age, etc.

But currently they are both active and healthy.

FB_IMG_1490915265276.jpg

FB_IMG_1490915272857.jpg

If you named them Goku and Vegeta, though, which one is the girl?

I also spent the other night looking at twin names, but it was hard coming up with a good boy/girl pair.  Most of them were either Kaoru/Hikaru or some version of the harem twins trope, and I don't want to set you up for failure lol.  That, and I'm assuming Hansel/Gretel (Black Lagoon) is right out....

It's a conundrum.

Oh God, don't let him do that.  I had a friend in the NUC pipeline who had to deal with those shenanigans.

His parents came over from Vietnam, and when the licensing people asked his father what his name should be, and to cut a long and bumbling story short, they went with his dad's favorite drink: tea.  So his father's English name is Tea Tran.  They named their son (my friend) Timothy, so he'd fit in better in American schools, but realised almost immediately that that was a silly idea, so my buddy's siblings are named Teague Tran and Teagan Tran.

Lol, my husband was born and raised here, so it's nothing but a joke. But some of those Viet names can be pretty hilarious. His mom's Viet name is Liu (not sure of the spelling, pronounced lee-you) but when she came to the US she went with Van... 

I wouldn't mind them having Asian names, whether it be a first or middle name. My husband doesn't want anything "too Asian", as he would say. He was picked on a lot in school just because of his nationality, and doesn't want to fuel the fire for them.

Not sure I ever mentioned this, my husband's name is Charlie, and he is full Viet. Now, a lot of younger people don't get why that is funny.

22 hours ago, Allamorph said:

...oh.

Oh that's

really racist

Lol, it is. But it honestly wasn't intended to be. He was named after a grandfather. But he does joke about it frequently.

And Japan, I already have people calling them Yin and Yang. Ha!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been interesting.

We had the baby shower on Saturday, non traditional. We had a little over 200 people, an inflatable boxing ring, and other outdoor games (not baby games). I opened gifts away from others, because there was way too many. Took a few hours.

Called off the next day extremely swollen in my ankles and feet. Worked a short shift on Monday. Took a small nap after I got home, then helped my husband with some stuff in the garage. Until it started pouring.

As we sat down on the couch to eat dinner I felt as if I had peed myself. I went to check, and liquid was just coming out (gross, I know). It stopped, so I went back down stairs, happened again. This time my shorts were soaked. I figured one of the water's broke. After a call to the hospital, they said to definitely come in. That was around 10pm.

Sure enough, baby A's water broke and I was having contractions that  I couldn't feel. So was admitted that night. At only 30 weeks (full term is 37). They were hoping to keep me on hospital bed rest until 34, and no further (anything after can cause infection after the water breaks). 

Had iv's put in, got a Steroid shot at 2am to help strengthen their lungs (and another 24 hrs later). 

Had minimal contractions throughout the night that tapered off. The next day however (Thursday, June 29), I had those same ones that gradually got worse. I was tearing at the sheets. When they checked, I was already fully dilated. I was whisked off to the OR (in case I needed an emergency C-section). My husband had just gotten to the hospital maybe a half hour before.

Baby A: Jun Lily Tibbs was born at 8:45 pm, and Baby B: Jin Ekai Tibbs at 9:10pm. Both are preemies, born at exactly 31 weeks on Thursday, June 29. She is just over 2 lbs and he is just over 3lbs.

I was discharged today, but they will be in the NICU for awhile. 

It's been an interesting few days....

I look like a hot mess, ignore that. A is Jun, and the second and third images are Jin.

FB_IMG_1498793827270.thumb.jpg.16aae1de53026e786797607ebcd3c423.jpg

FB_IMG_1498793789908.jpg

IMG_20170701_104251_570.jpg

Edited by SaiyanPrincessX
Added pictures

That is incredibly precious.

...and gross. 

I mean, it's not their fault they look gross.  That just comes with the territory.  But it's definitely the most precious gross thing I've seen in a while.

Or ... most gross precious thing?  Most ... grossest preciousest thing?

I'm really happy for you and I'm going to end the post now.

Edit: Also two hundred people at a baby shower how even the crap

Edited by Allamorph

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...