OtakuBoards

was i wrong?

Avalon

okay this is a true story: thursday i went on a interview for a job at McDonalds. the interview went well(to my knowledge) and he said he would call me back in two days. Saturday came and sure enough he did. But he started talking about how he didn't need anyone of my "stature" working there. I asked him what he meant and he told me that he "didn't want any big people working in his workplace." Well of course i was mad(more like enraged) and told my cousin, who worked at the place, and we went down to the job. When we arrived i started making noises about wanting to see the manager and finally he came. When he did, i know he regretted it because I cussed that man out. What was funny was that after it happened, everyone appluded, my cousin quit the job and when we went outside everyone honked at us in their own cheering way. As for the manager, he got fired for it! Ha! So was that wrong?

What he did was discrimination. Personally I would have taken it to the Bureau that deals with discrimination. It would have achieved the same result, without drawing too much attention.

But he deserved what he got...Discrimination of any kind should not be tolerated anywhere

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Duo Maxwell [/i]
[B]You did exactly what I woul've done!! of course I'd probably hit the guy around a bit... [/B][/QUOTE]

heh,a good slap across the face always does it 4 me!:toothy: Just ask the guys at my school:blackeye:

[COLOR=royalblue]You did what needed to be done...you were not wrong because that is total BS..I know plenty of ppl who work at McDonalds..including me...of diff. statures and they all perform their best and that's what counts...he didn't even give you a chance and he may just be missing out on an excellent employee!!!

So more power to you...You should be happy for standing up for yourself!!!!![/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by King Penn [/i]
[B]I give you a thumbs up, two in fact! just look at my avatar!
He had no right to do what he did, and got exactly what he deserved! you go girl!

ps. you are a girl, right? lol [/B][/QUOTE]

i guess your guess was right...i am a girl and proud of it!!!:angel:

*stands up and claps really loudly :wave: looks around :worried: sits down again slowly :blush:

No really, you go girl! You were perectly in the right..well in my view anyway :p

Things are kind of the opposite for me :( me and my mates always go to this one club thats for 18+ coz most of the time they dont care and let us in..sept the times they get caught by cops and ID for the next month :o but anyway..the last time i got in a was well p!$$ed off coz they only let me in coz im a girl and a size 10 and was wearing a skimpyish dress and none of the guys i was with were let in when they been there loadz beofre too. I knew exactly why they let me in! Because whenever I come outside for a breath of fresh air random drunk guys come up and ask if Im single then pay their £2-£3 quid to get in and either try to pull me or see if any of my mates are good looking. I guess I should be thankful I can get in most of the time...but that's not the way I want to have to play it all the time...I find it disrespectful and it means none of my better mates (guyz) can be there will me :angry2: :cussing:

:laugh: Wow now that was funny!!!*whew* O.k. what u did was the right thing to do because u could clearly see that he was discriminating against u, but u took care of him by:cussing: him out!:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Adam [/i]
[B]What a stupid manager! If he felt that way why did he tell you? He could have just made up another excuse.

-Adam [/B][/QUOTE]

True Adam but I think he felt like being and A-hole you know and I think he really didn't know any better....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Panny Chan ;) [/i]
[B]okay this is a true story: thursday i went on a interview for a job at McDonalds. the interview went well(to my knowledge) and he said he would call me back in two days. Saturday came and sure enough he did. But he started talking about how he didn't need anyone of my "stature" working there. I asked him what he meant and he told me that he "didn't want any big people working in his workplace." Well of course i was mad(more like enraged) and told my cousin, who worked at the place, and we went down to the job. When we arrived i started making noises about wanting to see the manager and finally he came. When he did, i know he regretted it because I cussed that man out. What was funny was that after it happened, everyone appluded, my cousin quit the job and when we went outside everyone honked at us in their own cheering way. As for the manager, he got fired for it! Ha! So was that wrong? [/B][/QUOTE]

**starts clapping** you go, girl!