OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy: Online Another World

James

[COLOR=darkblue][i]As Chole and Sephiroth waited...the sun began to set...it didn't seem like the guy was coming anytime soon.[/i]

Seph: That båstard screwed us!

Chole: Don't give up...he'll be back...it might just take a while.

Seph: On chocobo? No way!

Chole: Just wait...he'll be here...

Seph: hmph! :flaming:[/COLOR]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[just when it appeared as if the guy was not going to come, they heard the wark of a chocobo, sephiroth and chole both looked up and saw the man on a chocobo, and behind him were 2 chocobo's, he stopped just in front of sephiroth and chole]

man: two chocobo's, just like you asked, well trained too, I got your greens as well, just feed them to the chocobo's about once a day

seph: ok thanks, here's your money

[sephiroth gives the man the gil, the man nods and makes his way back]

seph: finally got outselves some transportation, lets pack up camp and make our way then....

to be continued....

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and Sephiroth set up camp and mounted on their Chocobos as morning broke.[/i]

Chole: Is something wrong?

Sephirtoth: We don't have a map...not a descriptive one anyway.

Chole: We can make it through without one...just keep heading north, right?

Sephiroth: I wonder where Karu is...

[i]Sephiroth was the only one who knew how to ride a Chocobo...it took a few tries for Chole, but he got the hang of it. With the strike of the handles, the Chocobos lifted off and they headed on north.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Sabir: Do you guys want to go north?

AJ: Why north?

Sabir: So I can visit the family.....get my sabre redone...

Ken: Weapons?!?

Sabir: Sure...*shrug* Different weapons.

Ken/AJ: I'm going![/COLOR]

[i]
As they walk..[/i]
[b][color=deeppink]
Raiha: What's that sniffing noise?[/color]

[color=red]Ken: That would be AJ, here. I think he's kinda upset, what with the fact you're getting it upgraded with someone else...[/color]

[color=deeppink]Raiha: It's not that..only certain mages can upgrade other mages' staffs, sword, etc, and besides, he's gonna meet other synthesizers,...why cry?[/color]

AJ: :mad: I wasn't crying!! I thought it was Rasanak's nose running again!

[color=green]Rasanak: HEY! My nose never runs..which means..a battle?[/b][/color]

[i]The party turn around to see a seven funny squirrel-like creatures, which were standing on brown platforms.
They had hazelnut eyes, and were eyeing and smelling the party carefully, nuts tight in paws...[/i]

[b]AJ: Aw...cute little...MUS?!

[color=deeppink]Raiha: *sigh* A battle this close to a village? I honestly don't know what'll happen next...[/color][/b]

[i]The party get prepared for a fight with the cute Mu creatures..[/i]
------------------------------------
[b](Lv4. Suicide, Paw Attack, sewage Dump, and all the other moves anyone can remember from whatever other games they're in..)[/b]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The mist of the world grew strong in this region. It is said that they carry evil spirits that make the wildlife go evil...but it didnt seem to affect Chole or Sephiroth...they pressed on and the fog only got thicker.[/i]

Chole: This'll clear out by the afternoon...

Sephiroth: Are you some kind of weatherman?

Chole: Nope...I just studied about weather in school and all.

Sephiroth: Well, let's just hope you're right.

Chole: Well...it would depend on what's actually causing the fog to come out in the first place...it's not cold or anything like that.

Seph: Thank heaven for that...

Chole: I dunno...it's just hard to see...as if there is anything to bump or trip over...

[i]Chole continued on with Sephiroth leading...he took out his rechargable flashlight and tried to use it to penetrate and see through the dense fog...but it wasn't much use.[/i]

Chole: This is gonna be a little tricky...

Sephiroth: I wonder where the merchant goes...

Chole: Wherever he goes, it takes a while to get back.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Sabir: You've got to be kidding me.

Cute furry creature: :D

Sabir: *flick*

Cute furry creature: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

*beep beep*

Sabir: Ahem.

Ken: Oh....right. BOSS DEFEATED!!

Sabir: ....:smirk:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Travelling for a few miles in the thick fog...the chocobos mysteriously stopped...[/i]

Chole: Oh c'mon!!!

Sephiroth: Stupid bird!

Chocobo: Wark! Wark!!!!

[i]Sephiroth and Chole mounted off and they checked around the area and their chocobos.[/i]

Chole: I don't see anything wrong...

Sephiroth: But there must be something wrong if they stopped...this isn't normal...

Chole: ?

[i]Chole took another look around....nothing[/i]

Chole: Maybe they're just tired...

Sephiroth: Nope..I've seen chocobos travel for days without stopping...it's gotta be the mist...

[i]Sephiroth and Chole took all their items off their chocobos and used the harness and the saddle to constrict the two birds...[/i]

Chole: I've never seen a transformation...

Seph: It's not pretty...[/COLOR]

[the two birds began to go crazy, they were beginning to foam at the beak, their eyes suddenly turned red, and claws suddenly sprouted from their wings as they made a b-line for sephiroth and chole]

seph: watch out, you deal with one and I'll deal with the other!

[sephiroth immediately unsheathed his masamune and ducked the chocobo's slash attack, he retaliated with a strong punch to its neck, he looked on in surprise to see that it had little effect against the chocobo, the chocobo merely made an aggressive sounding wark and carried on its assault, it now began to use its taloned feet as well, which sephiroth saw as an oppertunity for attack, as soon as the bird raised its foot to attack, sephiroth kicked it out of the way with his own foot, unbalancing the chocobo, it fell to the floor, and sephiroth brought his sword upon it, green blood began to seep out of the chocobo]

seph: green blood....its supposed to be red

[sephiroth then glanced back to see how chole was doing]

to be continued....

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Sephiroth found Chole pointing his sword at the wild chocobo.[/i]

Seph: What are you waiting for?! Kill it!

Chole: I...I can't...!

Seph: Hold on!

[i]The chocobo began pecking Chole relentlessly. Chole managed to block a few shots but he was bleeding by the time Sehiroth mounted on top of the distracted bird and decapitated it.[/i]

Chole: Ugh *fell*

Seph: Are you okay?

Chole: It stings...

[i]Seph got a piece of extra cloth from his pack and tended to Chole's wounds...the mist finally cleared up and they could see the open plains of grass once again. Sephiroth helped Chole up from the ground and continued walking.[/i]

Seph: I knew something was wrong with that merchant guy!

Chole: It's hard to tell though.....

[i]After an hour of walking, the vast plains finally turned into a box canyon...with walls towering high above them.[/i]

Chole: You think the merchant might be living here?

Seph: It maybe...he might be able to explain what happened...[/COLOR]

[size=1]Geh...sorry for not posting here in a while...let's get this story going again, shall we? ;)[/size]

[i]The sun rose high above the clouds. The enormous leaves and branches of the Great Tree were casting shadows over the many inhabitants who were going about their daily business.

Karu had spent the morning eating breakfast and stocking up on supplies. Both he and Calya had decided to visit the King's Palace, in order to request a staff for Karu.[/i]

Calya: Are you ready to go, Karu?

Karu: Yep...ready as I'll ever be.

Calya: Okay...off we go...[i]

Calya led Karu outside onto the branch and the pair made their way back toward the trunk of the tree.

However, this time, Calya purchased a special bag of greens with the title "King's Palace" embroidered on the front in gold lettering. In addition, he had to rent a special Trunk Beetle...it was black with silver and gold etchings on its shell. Calya explained to Karu that this beetle was designed to specifically travel to the King's Palace and that ordinary beetles weren't permitted.

The pair sat on top of the Royal Trunk Beetle (it was very well behaved...much moreso than ordinary beetles) and soon, the huge creature was making its way up the trunk.

Once again, Calya made his staff light up so that the both of them could talk.[/i]

Karu: I'm still amazed at the whole staff thing...I didn't realize that each Quart was entitled to a staff at birth.

Calya: Oh yea...well, it's common knowledge around these parts of course. But having grown up in a Windhyte area...I guess it's understandable that you dun know 'bout it.

Karu: Yeah...I had always heard that Quart were very defenseless...and that made me kind of embarassed when I went to school. Some of the Windhyte creatures picked on me.

Calya: Defenseless? Bah! We posess the world's most powerful magic...you dun have ta be big to make a lot of noise. :)

Karu: Heh yeah...you're right. :)

Calya: Ahh here we go...we're getting close...[i]

The beetle suddenly emerged at the top of the trunk. However, Karu noticed that the top of the trunk was totally bare...there was nothing in sight.[/i]

Karu: Is this a joke?

Calya: Noo...look...[i]

Calya pointed to a long branch which was protruding from one side of the top of the trunk. It stretched upwards into the clouds...but at the very top, Karu could see a glint of white...and what looked like big gates. It was so far away, yet still visible...Karu thought it must have been huge in person.[/i]

Karu: Do we use the beetles to get up there?

Calya: You betcha. Let's go!

[i]The two beetles began slowly lumbering up the branch. It was much thinner than the trunk and made Karu feel a little disoriented...[/i]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and Sephiroth searched around the canyon for a few hours, but found no one...nothing...[/i]

Seph: Man...this sucks...we could be weeks away from another town.

Chole: Aw...

Seph: Well...we can't do anything about it now...let's keep moving...and if we find that sorry excuse for a merchant...well...you know what to do.

Chole: Oh yeah...:flaming:[/COLOR]

[i]After another half hour, the beetle finally reached the Royal Palace.

It was a huge white palace resting on what looked like an enormous, thick leaf. There were Royal Guards standing around the perimeter of the grounds and as Karu & Calya's beetle approached, it had to pass through several checkpoints before it was cleared to enter the palace grounds.[/i]

Karu: Will we even be able to see the King? I mean...we're just kids...

Calya: Oh yeah, our King is very easy-going...but I have no idea what is up with these checkpoints...something must be different.

Karu: Yeah, I have an idea what it might be...[i]

The pair were soon standing infront of the large entranceway of the palace.

The inside of the palace was huge. The entrance hall was filled with marble columns and gold/red carpeting. The cavernous entrance as also littered with guards, who had their staves at the ready.

As Karu and Calya came closer to the entrance to the Royal Chambers, they were greeted by an old Quart man, whose beard was nearly touching the floor. He was wearing long red and black robes and he smiled at them from behind small, round glasses.[/i]

???: Hello and welcome to the Royal Palace, my young friends.

Karu: Thank you. Who are you?

Mahl: My name is Mahl. I am the King's Advisor and the Chief Sorcerer of the Great Tree of Ephra. And who might you be?

Karu: My name is Karu. I'm here to talk to the King about a staff...

Mahl: Oh yes...a staff. You don't have one?

Karu: No...

Mahl: Yes...that is indeed a problem for any Quart. However, you don't need to speak to the King about it.

Karu: I don't?

Mahl: No. I am responsible for magic-related matters on behalf of the Palace. I can assist you...please accompany me to my quarters. They are on the fourth floor.[i]

Calya nodded to Karu. Mahl merely smiled and began to ascend the carpeted stairs in the entrance hall. Karu and Calya followed close behind.

Karu was keen to find answers...and he hoped Mahl would be the man to deliver them.[/i]

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: Karu!!! Where did you go!!!????

Seph: Shhh!!! Not so loud...you don't know who or what lurks here...

Chole: ...

[i]They proceeded through the box canyon...the mist began to form once again...[/i]

Chole: Oh no...

Seph: It'll probably clear up...try to look around and find a cave, we'll be safer there...once I get rid of the resident.

Chole: Confident eh?

Seph: Better than facing a hundred of those mutated birds...[/COLOR]

[i]As they climbed the large staircase with red carpeting, they came across a long hallway. At the end of the hallway was a modest-looking wooden door.[/i]

Mahl: This is my office...[i]

He pushed the door open and walked inside. Karu and Calya followed.

The inside of his office was absolutely gigantic. Either side of the room was filled with old-fashioned shelving, crammed with books. At the end of the room was a large stained-glass window with a modest looking wooden desk underneath it.

Mahl sat down in a chair behind the desk and motioned for Karu and Calya to take a seat. He waved his staff and two small chairs appeared on the opposite side of the desk.

Karu and Calya sat down. Karu looked nervously around the room; he'd never seen someone so important before.[/i]

Mahl: Do you know why you don't have a staff?

Karu: Not exactly. My parents abandoned me in the Great Field to the north west of here...and I was adopted by Windhyte parents.

Mahl: I see. Well, creating a staff is a very difficult thing. The staff of a Quart represents everything about that individual. It represents his history...his family...and the inner-most desires of his heart. That is why it is the job of Quart parents to produce the staff. A ritual is performed upon a baby Quart so that a staff may be accurately produced.

Karu: Oh...does that mean there is no chance of me getting a staff?

Mahl: Well, there are alternatives. I can make a staff for you myself...the problem is, it will take a while to "meld" with you. That is, when you first try to use it...you will only be able to perform simple magic. As time goes by, you will be able to level-up and perform stronger magic. The staff will in effect have to "learn" to work with you. Do you understand?

[i]Karu nodded.[/i]

Mahl: Good. First and foremost, you will need to fill out this form.[i]

Mahl reached into the desk drawer and pulled out a piece of parchment. It was completely blank, except for a black line down the bottom.[/i]

Karu: Err...what does it say?

Mahl: Oh, well...it can only be read by a Quart. You just have to touch the paper with your hand and you'll be able to see the words.[i]

Karu ran his fingers over the parchment and the words began to appear. He read over it carefully (the parchment talked about the responsibilities of using magic and general Quart behavior) and he then signed at the bottom.[/i]

Mahl: Excellent! Your staff will be ready by tomorrow!

Karu: Tomorrow? But I need it now...I need to get back to my friends...

Mahl: Oh. Well...we can send the staff to you if you wish to leave now.

Karu: You can?!

Mahl: Yes! We'll just attach it to a Chocobo and send it.

Karu: Oh, wonderful. :)

Mahl: Is that all?

Karu: Yep...that's all I needed.

Mahl: Okay...have a good trip and good luck!

Karu: Thank you :)[i]

And with that, Karu and Calya walked out of Mahl's office. As they exited the gates of the Royal Palace, Karu took one last look at the white building.

It was so beautiful. For once in his life, he felt like he belonged somewhere. This was is true home...[/i]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole and Sephiroth found a cave not too far off from their original path. Chole pulled out his flashlight and illuminated the entire cave...[/i]

Chole: Clear!

Seph: Yeah, right...

[i]Seph stabbed the walls, only creating sparks...[/i]

Chole: You're paranoid man...

Seph: Hmph...

Chole: So when do you think the fog's going to clear out..

Seph: When it clears, it clears...and we go looking for that trader again...[/COLOR]

[two hours had passed and chole and sephiroth were still in the cave, chole walked in circles impatiently while sephiroth remained sitting on the floor, arms folded and eyes closed]

chole: ah, I can't take it anymore, when's this fog going to clear out?

seph: .....it won't

chole: what?!

seph: this fog, is different to other fog's, I think that this fog....is produced somehow

chole: huh?

seph: I do not know for certain, but it is just a hunch, I think this fog is being produced somehow

chole: now thats a comforting thought....

to be continued....

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: A fog machine...?

Sephiroth: I don't even wanna think about that...

Chole: Why not?

Seph: They used something similar like that in the great war.

Chole: You fought in the great war?!

Seph: I am the great Sephiroth, aren't I?

Chole: Well...

Seph: The fog messes up your senses...and eventually, it'll destory you.

Chole: *gulp*

Seph: Not to mention that it blocks your vision...

Chole: You think it'll stop?

Seph: yeah...the fog isn't natural...but it's getting more and more common each day so I wouldn't be surpised if it causes a disaster.

Chole: Sephiroth?

Seph: What?

Chole: Are we ever going to see Kazu again? Or the others?

Seph: We will...eventually.[/COLOR]

[size=1]C'mon guys! Let's get this RPG going! ;)[/size]

[i]Karu and Calya spent the next few hours making their way down the Great Tree's trunk. It was time for Karu to leave.

Just as they had reached the base and hopped off their Trunk Beetles, Mahl suddenly appeared infront of them.[/i]

Karu: Whoa...what are you doing here, Mahl?

Mahl: I'm here to give you your staff. :)

[i]Mahl reached into his robes and produced a small wooden staff. It resembled a small tree branch, yet it was smoothe and polished. At the top of the staff, there was a red jewel, held by carved-wood claws. It looked amazing and Karu was extremely excited.[/i]

Karu: Thanks Mahl! How can I ever repay you?

Mahl: Let me go with you. :)

Karu: ?! :eek:

Mahl: The Northern Continent is changing. My crystal ball has shown fields full of fog...something is wrong. The King ordered me to go there and find out what's happening.

Karu: Oh. My friends are there in that fog...

Mahl: Yes. Another good reason for going. The fog is artificial...and dangerous. And I suspect that it has something to do with the Metropods.

Karu: The Metropods? What would they have to do with the fog?

Mahl: I will explain in due course, my young friend. But first, we need to make our way north.

Karu: How? :(

[i]Mahl smiled and waved his staff in the air. It glowed a bright orange colour. All of a sudden, Karu heard a familiar "Wark!".

Standing infront of him was nothing less than a Golden Chocobo. It raised its head proudly, and ruffled its enormous golden feathers.[/i]

Karu: Wow...

Mahl: The Golden Chocobo is the only chocobo which can fly...this is what we shall need to find the North Continent.

Karu: Okay...let's go. :)

Calya: Will you come back one day?

Karu: You can count on it. :) Bye, Calya!

Calya: Bye bye Karu! Bye Mahl!

Mahl: Bye, Calya. Come on Karu...all you need to do is put your foot up...

[i]Mahl helped Karu climb up onto the bird's back. Mahl sat behind him and held the reigns in his hands.

The two turned and waved at Calya again, as the enormous bird lifted off from the ground and began soaring into the blue sky beyond the Great Tree of Ephra...[/i]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The mist finally began to dissapate and a portion of the canyon was visible...[/i]

Chole: Is it safe?

Sephiroth: Nope...not in a million years.

Chole: Aw.

Sephiroth: But we have to move on...with or without vision.

Chole: Do you think the mist'll mess us up?

Seph: There's not telling if we don't try.

[i]Sephiroth and Chole got up and exited the cave cautiously.[/i]

Chole: Clear?

Seph: You tell me.

Chole: Oh!

[i]Chole fumbled around his pack and took out his binoculars, set to infared. Since it was cold, it was very easy to find people or monsters.[/i]

Chole: I don't really see anything.

Seph: Then we go!

[i]Sephiroth unsheathed his sword and walked normally, Chole following closely...[/i][/COLOR]

[i]Karu and Mahl had spent several hours flying over the clouds. They were headed north.[/i]

Karu: Are we nearly there?

Mahl: I believe so...

[i]Mahl tapped the golden chocobo on the feathers with his legs and it began to descend through the clouds.

The terrain below was not visible, apart from the mountaintops. The area below was filled with a dense fog.[/i]

Mahl: Oh...just as I suspected.

Karu: Wow...

[i]They descended rapidly, causing the wind to ripple through their hair and clothing. Mahl's long, white beard streamed out behind him.

Within what seemed like a couple of minutes, they had landed on the ground. Mahl hopped off the chocobo's back and adjusted his cloak.[/i]

Mahl: Bah, that bird always flies too fast.

[i]Karu hid a muffled giggle and joined Mahl on the ground.[/i]

Mahl: Your friends are nearby...I'm sure we can find them.

[i]Mahl held up his staff and it began to glow. Immediately, the fog infront of them began to part and create a clear path. Mahl took Karu's hand and they both began to follow the pathway, hoping to find Sephiroth and Chole on their way...[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Since every member of her team had mysteriously died and disapeared........Sabirsing walked outside, ripped off her cloak, spread her wings, and flown north...............to the home of her fathers, and the land of the lost.[/i][/COLOR]

[sephiroth and chole continued to walk through the thick fog, an hour had passed before either of them spoke]

chole: how long do you think until we find something?

seph: .....I am unsure

chole: this fog is too thick, and its making me kind of dizzy

seph: yes, I aldo find myself becoming very uncomfortable in this fog, but I sense no immediate danger, let us carry on walking

[and with that said, they continued to walk through the fog filled field, hoping to find something]

to be continued....