OtakuBoards

A little help for the plot-impaired?

BabyGirl

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Lidan looked at Sethi, her eyes glinting slighty. Wiping them with the back of her hand, she sat down again, drawing her knees up to her chest.[/i]

"Something wrong?"

"It's nothing......Sethi and I.....we just need a break."

"We'll get one soon."[/COLOR]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=deeppink]::sniff:: Justin, I don't know if your sig is supposed to relate to this story at all, but I get all sad when I read it, thinking about it as if it WERE related to this story :(

_______________[/color]

[color=purple]Sethi's usual restless dreams about [i]him[/i] had been replaced by sketchy memories of the beginning of her life. It was all foreign to her, the dreams were foggy and and strange. She couldn't recognize any of it. If she [i]did[/i], it was only a quick flash of mental rememberance, and the it would slip away as soon as it had come.

She awoke to find Gordon sleeping and Lidan staring out the portal. Her body hurt all over from sleeping in a hard metal chair, so she slipped onto the floor and leaned against the wall.

Closing her eyes against what seemed to be an unavoidable, ominous weariness, Sethi changed her thoughts to [i]him[/i]...

...his name came back with a small jolt of pain, [i]Greyg[/i]. For the first time in a year, Sethi allowed herself to remember him fully...

[i]His eyes were beautifully grey and could turn dark like a restless sea.[/i] She thought harder, [i]His smile was lopsided, and his dark, sun streaked hair would always fall charmingly in his face when he grinned. His chin was prominantly square, the scar below his lip strangely attractive. His shoulders were broad and strong, his hands were large and capable...rough callouses would scrape pleasantly over my smooth back...

...his temper was quick, but controlled. He was wise with his words and never failed to defend me...

...and then it all just disappeared. One bad mistake, one slip up...and everything disappeared![/i]

Sethi choked back her tears and instead burried her burning face into her drawn-up knees.

Lidan glanced at her momentarily, feeling a small tug at her heart. [i]Little sister...in so much pain. Why did it all have to be so different now?[/i]

...But the harsh reality was that she couldn't change the past.[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Sethi?"

"What is it now Li?"

"Do yout think the Trict wil ever leaves us alone?"

"I doubt it."

"I should've killed Adrien earlier."

"Well, no use regreting it now."

"Why wasn't I born stronger......."

[i]Lidan buried her head between her knees and let herself cry. She muttered her birth language quietly, letting memories flood back into her mind...[/i][/COLOR]

[quote]
"No, son. When you take the control you raise you trail-hand. Like this." General Fitch demonstrated to Alex what he was speaking of.

"I don't like these kind of blades, Dad. I want to use a two-handed sword." Alex said.

"One thing all us gentlemen must learn to do is put up with what we do not enjoy. I don't like them either but for social reasons we are forced to learn how to use them." the general said.

"I thought I was to be a soldier." Alex said.

"You are. Part of being a soldier is being honorable. However, society's version of the way a man shows honor and chivalry continues to change from time to time. I personally think that fencing is a waste of time. But, you [i]will[/i] learn to do it. Do I make myself clear?"

"Of course."

"Daddy?" a small voice sounded out behind the general's back.

"Yes, Sethia?"

"I want to play guard with Alex now."

"He is busy. Go back to the house." he said eyeing Alex.

"Yes, Daddy." Sethia said disappointed and waved goodbye to Alex as she left.

"You've been letting her handle weapons?" General Fitch asked Alex with a glare.

"They're never loaded."

"Not only swords, but guns too!?"

"I'm sorry. I never let her take the scabbard off."

"It doesn't matter. How is she going to become a nice young lady with you letting her tag along with you?"

"She's only 8 years old, Dad. She'll lose interest in my training soon enough." Alex pleaded.

"I don't want her to be a tom-boy. You [i]will[/i] stop letting her handle weapons. Understood?"

"Yes, sir." He said then he turned and mumbled, "*******..."

"Dismissed, Cadet." The general said. Then Alex saluted him and the general returned the salute.

"You got in trouble!" Lidia exclaimed.

"Aw shut up..." Alex replied.
[/quote]

"Lidan." Gordon spoke up softly when he woke.

Lidan looked up through her tears. "Yeah?"

"You're an *******." Gordon said with a reassuring smile.

"Heh...'Glad to know you're thinking of me..." she said then she quietly returned to her knees.

Gordon then began thinking to himself. "[i]I guess we'll head on out of here tomorrow. We should be damn near Bismin right now...[/i]"

-Justin

[COLOR=royalblue]"Sora...un te lamiro."

"What's that mean?"

"Gaurd us with your heart."

"Why?"

"I don't like the feeling of this......"

[i]Lidan stood up and walked over to the small round window, watching the stars flash by.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=purple]Sethi stood up suddenly, "I'm going for a walk...Gordon, didn't we get a room on this ship or something?"

"Oh damn, I forgot. Yes, yes we did." He sat up with a small grimace, "It doesn't hurt so bad afterall." He gave a lopsided grin.

"There must be a key then." Sethi glanced outside of the small room, "Not much going on out here, everyone must still be asleep."

"Here." Gordon reached into his pocket and pulled out a small keycard, handing it to Lidan.

Lidan glanced at the compartment number, "Let's head to the room now, then. You should pretty much be all right now, aren't you Gordon?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He tossed aside the sheets and stood up to find all of the burning pain had nearly vanished. He picked up his shirt to find it was bloodied, and decided it wiser not to put it on.

"Wait, where'd Sethi go?"

"Don't worry," said Lidan, taking a glance at Gordon's bandaged middle, "I told her the room number. That's one nasty scrape you go there."

"Nah, nothing I haven't seen before."

[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Lidan checked his wound carefully, then put hands on it gently, ssing down. She began to hum a small tune, and a warmth grew on her hands, spreading across Gordon's stomach.[/i]

"What is this?"

"Let me concentrate..........."

"Okay....."

[i]Several minutes later, Lidan stopped her song and drew away. Gordon felt his middle, then his eyes opened wide. The wound was almost completely gone. Only a scar remained. Lidan looked up at him and grinned.[/i]

"Bit of useful magic I picked up from a friend."

"Strange....."[/COLOR]

[color=purple]Sethi roamed around the lower deck and concluded that it was pretty nice. She would have wandered around in the opper decks, but she figured that with her clothing and appearance, she would stick out like a sore thumb...that would be calling unwanted attention to her and inadvertantly affecting (effecting??) the others.

She kept a wary eye open for places that escape vehicles were docked, and kept the other eye open for any immediate threat. As she approached what appeared to be a small staff compartment, she heard to male voices carelessly talking about that afternoon's events. Leaning nonchalantly against the wall and lighting a cigarette, Sethi pretended not to be interested...

[i]"Didn't you hear the new flight plan?"

"No, what er' we doin'?"

"After that bit of trouble yesterday down here, those rabble rousers jettisoned two of the escape craft and got away. It's against Interstellar regulations to be in operation without adequet escape vehicles, we have to restock two of them I guess. They're planning on landing the transport a couple hundred lightyears from Bismin."

"Whereabouts?"

"Some weird planet with a name I can't pronounce...[/i]Plenictka[i] or something like that."[/i]

"Well ****." Sethi walked away casually, resisting the urge to run. She had a feeling they needed to get off of the transport as soon as possible.[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Lidan and Gordon walked to their new room and sat down quickly. Gordon stretched out on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. Lidan sat down and massaged the corners of her eyes.[/i]

"Tired?"

"Sort of."

"I hope Sethi's okay."

"That hard a*s b*tch can take care of herself."

"Heh, not far from the truth."

"Yeah......."[/COLOR]

Back at the spaceport in the main chamber, we see Roger standing at the panel, watching how the girls and gordon escaped as the doors slide open, Remmington in the same uniform as Adrien was, along with Marcus, walk into the chamber.

"Sir, you requested to see us?" says Marcus in a low voice.

"You let them get away..."

"But sir, i can explai-" before Marcus can finish, Roger turns around, grabbing Marcus' thought and lifting him up off the ground several inches.

"You deleberately disobeyed a [b]direct[/b] order Marcus...Adrien lost his life due to that, and so will you if you dont straighten it up, is that clear?"

"y-yeees siiir..." as he says that, Roger drops him, turning to remington.

"I'm leaving you in charge of this operation. You seem more fit than Marcus, even though you are now nothing more than a drone."

"Yes, your almighty Lordship. I will pursue the girls and kill them on sight."

"Good. They are heading for the planet in the Galanatos system to seek supplies and help before advancing to Alpha Tango. If they get there, my plans will be ruined. I want you to wait there...sabotage their ship and then launch an attack upon the planet, preventing any escape, but let them leave."

"Yes Master." He turns and walks out, slowly followed by Marcus. Roger pulls out a small gun, firing it at Marcus, the bullet going though his back, remmington slinging his arm out, catching it, as Marcus falls to the ground. he continues out as Roger smirks some.

"At last...the Final Genesis has begin..."[i]father[/i] against [i]daughters[/i]...it's almost too perfect....Mwa, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha..."

[color=purple]Suddenly a rather loud pounding sounded from the door of their room, and Lidan stood up to answer it.

Gordon shot up, concerned that enemies could be prowling at their door..."Hold up, I'll get it."

"Gordon," Lidan held out a hand to stop him, "I'm not that little girl anymore. I'm grown up."

He halted to contemplate the words as Lidan peered out the dusty peephole, "Now look, it's only Sethi."

As soon as Lidan cracked open the door, Sethi burst in, nearly knocking Lidan into the wall, "We can't stay here."

"Where?"

Wide-eyed, she turned to Lidan, "Here. On this ship. They're heading to the Plin Docks. We're not landing on Bismin right away."

"You're mumbling, slow down. The Plin Docks?" Confused, Lidan turned to Gordon who had narrowed the eyes that contained a dangerous glint when pissed.

"Plinic," Gordon started with some difficulty, "is the home of the galactic crime ring that organized the destruction..." he closed his eyes and shook his head, "...of our family."[/color]

"Gidian Fukowlong...." Gordon muttered.

"We need to get out of here, Gordon." Sethi said.

"No. Maybe we don't. This could be my chance."

"Gordon. They aren't just a gang they are a galactic power. You don't have an army." Sethi said.

"Oh, but I do."

"Where?" Lidan asked arms crossed.

"My troops are still loyal to me...on Bismin."

"But that's there, Gordon. We're here!" Sethi exclaimed.

"Damn it! Ok, look....no...nevermind." Gordon paced. He paced to and fro with the glare in his eyes of a madman. "Maybe if I...no...I'd never get through."

"Will you tell us what you're talking about?" Lidan asked.

"You wouldn't understand." Gordon said pacing. Then he continued his rambling, "Perhaps if I were to...yes!"

"What, damn you, what?" Sethi said.

"The pods on this ship could get us from here to Bismin. However, Fukowlong would never let an armada...especially not the Bismin Armada just cruise up to their base planet. But...oh, but...if I could get to Bismin...then get the armada here, to this ship, we could board it. Then, we could surprise the Fukows!"

"Gordon, you've lost it. You're talking about something that would take days. We'll be at Plinic in about two hours!" Lidan said.

"And that's assuming that you could even get your men to your side again." Sethi added.

"Damn it all. There would never be such a chance in Hell..." Gordon said as he began trying to calm down. "We'll take one of the pods...They'll get us to Bismin from here. But, it'll take another day or so."

"Ok...that's better." Lidan said.

"Yeah..." Gordon said."I'll go break into one of the escape pods. You two get your things together and meet me down the hall."

-Justin

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Lidan and Sethi looked at eachother, then picked up their backpacks.[/i]

"Okay. Let's go."

"That was fast........."

"Duh, we're not ordinary girls."

"That's for sure!"

[i]Gordon, Lidan, and Sethi walked out their door, locking it behind them, then moved down the stairs to the main hangar.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=purple]The main hangar was vast, spreading across the entire belly of the transport. Each escape craft, which were a long, flat 13 meters in length, could carry 20 passengers.

Gordon tried to open a hatch, ducking low to avoid being seen by security, "I think the transport needs to be in a state of alarm for these to be activated. They're frozen shut right now."

Lidan cocked an eyebrow, "We could take care of that."

"Wait," Gordon turned towards her, "don't go setting off any false alarms, they'll be on our tail in minutes."

Lidan shrugged, "Ok. Have it your way."

"Here," Sethi nudged in beside Gordon, "I'll do it." She ducked under the bottom of the transport, running her hands around where the wheels retracted into the craft, "Should be around here...ah, there we are." A ramp started to lower and the hatch hissed open.

"Dammit that's loud. Let's go." Gordon hurried up the ramp and the two girls followed.

"How'd you know that trick, Sethi?" Gordon watched impatiently as both Lidan and Sethi busied themselves with the controls.

"It helps to know someone officially trained at the Thiera Flight Academy on Bismin." She gave a small grin and Gordon understood she was speaking about her late fiancé. Certain divisions of the Bismin army had been trained at the Flight Academy so that their forces could have a broader range of skills.

Lidan checked the data screen that fed all information from the engine to the cockpit, "So you got taught these little illegal tricks on how to start flying craft?"

"Yep, but only certain ones. This is a rather standard model, it was easy to figure out."

Gordon looked at the controls, bewildered, "Do they expect people to fly these by themselves in an emergency?"

"Nah," all three of them helped steer the now levitating craft low enough to not yet be seen, "I'd expect that they'd have personel specially trained to operate them in the case that they were needed."

"Ah, true. Be careful, that door should open automatically." Almost on cue, the hangar door slid open slowly, and the three siblings throttled out into space.[/color]

"The controls on this thing are different than I expected." Gordon said as he buckled up. "I took a course on [i]fighter[/i] spacecraft at the Academy, but not civilian transport. I don't suppose this thing has any shielding or any weapons to hold off the security patrols coming up behind us does it?" Gordon asked.

"The only thing this ship is capable of is short bursts of speed to escape a hostile situation." Sethi answered as she fumbled with the control panel.

"I think this situation is hostile enough." Lidan said as she threw the throttle forward. Then after a few seconds of accelerating speed she released it and it drew back.

"Where did you learn how to pilot, Lidan?" Gordon asked.

"I spent a lot of time hanging around freighter pilots. I picked up a few skills from them at least." was her answer.

"Well, if the Fukows find out it was us who escaped that ship, they'll come after us immediately." Gordon said. "Listen to me: When we arrive on Bismin you MUST follow my every command. I know its not in either one of your natures but it is neccesary that you do so. If all works out as it should, we'll be going through a lot of security checks and classified compounds."

"What if it doesn't go according to plan?" Sethi asked.

"Then I'll have to do a few things the illegal way. So long as I make to it to my men, we'll be safe. When I reestablish myself on Bismin I'm going to take you two to a place where you'll be safe. I'll return for you when I'm done with what I need to do." Gordon tried to close the conversation.

Sethi interjected, "Uh uh, bro. You're not just going to put us in some 'safe-house' while you go off galavanting around the galaxy."

"Yes, Sethi, I am." Gordon walked to a window in the transport. "To be honest I doubt I'll return for you. The Seven won't just turn power back over to me. In fact, they'll likely have me arrested when they recieve word of my arrival. I won't only be fighting against the Fukows. I'll probably be fighting a civil war, as well." Gordon turned back to Lidan and Sethi. "Politics. Don't we all love them?" he asked retorically.

For the first time the true sense of who they were standing in the room with struck Lidan and Sethi. They both realised: 'Gordon isn't just some regular guy. He's the heir to all of Bismin's military.'

"You intend to pull a coup on the Seven?" Lidan asked.

"Perhaps. I will do whatever is needed to remove the Fukow threat..." Gordon trailed off. He seemed, for a moment, to be holding something back; then he returned to the window.

-Justin

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Lidan crossed her arms and closed her eyes. She concentrated on a memory of Sethi and her first meeting....[/i]

"What are you doing?"

"Taking a trip down memory lane."

"Why?"

"I'm trying to remember something Adrien told us."

"About?"

"I dont' remember!"

"Oh......right."[/COLOR]

[color=purple]Gordon leaned to peer over Sethi's shoulder, "We can land in the Lasli Forest, Sethi, you know where that is."

"Yep, I'm sure that there's an open trail we can find."

"Wouldn't they have sensors out there?" Lidan looked suspicious.

"Well yes, but we can clear airspace control as an escape craft and they'll allow us to land. We can deviate from the landing course they give us, and they'll come after us, but it's the best approach to use. That is," Sethi looked at Gordon, "if you want to keep your reappearance quiet."

"Yes, I do."

"All right." Sethi powered down the engines a bit as they entered Bismin's atmosphere. They had already cleared the primary planet sheild, "Let's just hope that you can keep as hidden as you want, Mr. General Alexander Fitch."[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Hah, make room for two godesses and a general."

"We're not in heaven yet Li."

"Hey, we can dream, can't we?"

"Sure we can. What do you think Alex?"

"Be whatever you want, just don't go around broadcasting it."

"Eheh, right."[/COLOR]

"And don't call me 'Alex' either. Just call me 'Gordon'. It's easier that way." Gordon said. "Once we get out of the forest I'll have to send you two to get a few things for me in the nearest town."

"Why can't you do it?" Lidan asked.

"Too risky. Everyone on Bismin knows the face of the Black Prince." Gordon said with a smirk.

"Incoming ship, indentify yourself." a man said over the com system.

"We're an escape craft. Our mother-ship was raided by pirates. We're requesting entry." Sethi replied to him.

"Very well. Land on Space Platform F. A security and medical squad will be awaiting you. Planetary Guard, out." the man said.

"Open the main window, Sethi." Gordon said.

"Ok." when she did this the three siblings were greeted by the awe-inspiring beauty of Bismin. Sethi began crying.

Gordon put a gentle arm around her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Squirt." he said. Then he turned to Lidan. "You think you can land us in that soft patch there, Li?"

"Sure." she said.

Moments later they were standing in a patch of soft mossy-type grass."We're pretty deep in the forest here." Gordon said."A lot deeper than I intended to be. But, we need to put as much distance as we can between us and that ship." so, with that, he led the way into the wooded area.

-Justin

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Lidan turned her head, as light hoof beats rended the air. Seven white tailed deer were crossing through the forest, and as soon as they reached Lidan, Sethi, and Gordon, they stopped and bowed their heads slightly, racks touching the ground.[/i]

"Who are you?"

"Hail, Dark Prince of Bismin."

[i]Gordon looked stuned, but returned their salute. They turned to Lidan and Sethi and bowed their heads as well.[/i]

"Hail the twin princesses, daughters of the Outland Moor."

"Beg pardon?"

[i]Lidan nudged Sethi and she fell silent. The deer stepped forward and nuzzled Lidan's shoulder. She stroked their faces gently and leapt onto one of the deer's backs.[/i]

"Can you take us to the palace undetected?"

"Of course."

"Then let's go! Come Gordon."

"Er....okay."

"GITTRA!"

[i]The pack of deer leapt off silently, with their precious burdens....[/i][/COLOR]

"Here we are, Prince." the deer carrying Gordon said.

"Thank you, deer." Gordon said.

"Let's get moving." Sethi said.

"Yeah. The main barracks are up there. But we have to see General McMortor first. He'll help us out, I'm sure."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"General Fitch to see you sir." One of McMortor's aids said in awe.

"Greetings, General McMortor." Gordon said with a smile.

"Uh...Good to see you, General Fitch." the man said with wide eyes.

"Let me guess: You thought me dead?" Gordon asked slyly.

"Well...when the [i]Dragon[/i] exploded...well, yes." McMortor said.

"Hmph...my men?" Gordon asked with a cold look.

"Surely you don't expect to just walk in my office for the first time in years and me just turn your men back over to your command?"

"Actually, I do. I have a perfect opportunity to infiltrate the Fukowlong home-world. But, I need an invasion force to invade with." Gordon said.

"You know I can't do it. According to all records Supreme General Alexander Fitch is still M-I-A. I can't just give you your troops back. Besides. The Seven will strip of your rank if they know you're here. Now that they have the power, they'll want to bring everything back to the old ways. I think you were the biggest icon in Bismin's governmental-reform."

"And I'm sure the Seven were more than happy to see me go."

"In fact, they'll likely have you killed. If they find out you're still alive."

"Then they don't have to know. Register me as Lt. General Gordon Jennings. Then, transfer the bulk of my men to me. Then, have them meet me at Danser's Peak. That's an order, General."

"Well. I actually don't have to follow that order because you're not in uniform. But..." McMortor fumbled through a few files and finally pulled one out. Then he signed it, "They're all yours, Lt. General Jennings."

"Thank you, sir." Gordon said. Then he saluted the General and walked out to Lidan and Sethi.

"I did it." he said with an excited smile of victory.

-Justin

[color=purple]Lidan lounged lazliy (alliteration!!!) in the shadow of a tree grove, "So what's the plan?"

"Well, the General was shocked to see me, that's for sure."

"You were presumed dead, Gordon." Sethi remembered how the same fate had fallen upon Greyg.

"Ah, but I'm not." He shaded his eyes from the small twin suns of Bismin, glancing up at the Whiserian Mountain Range, "I have to make my way up to Danser's Peak. Sethi," he turned to her, "you know a good place to keep yourselves hidden, do you not?"

Lidan cut in, "But Gordon?"

"Lidan, we already discussed this. You two stay here while I take care of what needs to be done."

"Of all the damn times for you to be all macho, Gordon! Of all the damn times..." Sethi's fists were clenched at her sides, and Gordon kept a wary eye on them.

"Sethi, listen, I don't want to see either of you hurt. I don't think that..." he almost said 'I don't think that you're up to it', but thought it was wiser not to, "I don't think that you two should get involved like this."

Sethi shook her head, "Gordon, we're family. We've been involved for years."[/color]

"If you refuse I'll just have some MP's take you to a holding cell." Gordon said firmly.

"You wouldn't dare." Sethi said.

"Sethi, I think we better find a place to lay low." Lidan said.

"What? Since when do you agree with him?" Sethi asked.

"Do you really want to spend a week in another holding cell?" Gordon asked impatiently.

"Damn it, Gordon! You're such an *******!" Sethi said as she stormed around behind the tree.

"So you do know of a place where you can hide?" he asked.

"Yes." she said sternly.

"Good. Lidan, Sethi: Until we meet again." he bows and then walks off into the compound.

"We're going to follow him." Sethi said.

"How?" Lidan asked."We don't have any way."

"I'm sure we can figure something out."

-Justin

[color=purple]"Can we get something to eat first? I'm famished."

"You're right," for the first time in a while, Sethi payed attention to the growling in her stomach, "I'm hungry too. Follow me."

The two girls made a quiet exit into the Lasli Forest.

"This stuff is the ****, Sethi," Lidan stuffed her mouth full of [i]ramna[/i] noodles, "is this some specialty on Bismin or something?"

"Nah," Sethi had eaten [i]ramna[/i] more times than she wished to remember, "it's an every day thing."

They had hitched public transportation back to downtown Thiera, the planet's capital, wanting to avoid the escape vehicle they had used in case port authority was on their case. Sethi had led Lidan through the crowded, yet surprisingly pleasant, streets full of Bismini and off-worlders alike.

Lidan had marveled at the place she had supposedly been born, [i]"So this is Thiera, huh? It's famous galaxy-wide, and I knew that all of its buildings were entirely white in color, but nothing compares to seeing it for yourself."[/i]

The two were now in a small pub, classy like the rest of the regal Thiera, yet it had a more modern, funky style to it. Lidan thought it was more than a nice change from the trashy places she was accustomed to hanging out in.

"Well then I'd call that a specialty. I've never tasted anything quite like it. And," Lidan said in between mouthfuls (Sethi had never seen her quite so excited about anything), "everyone around her has accents. Is that a Bismini thing?"

"Yeah. We would have them too if...yeah, you understand." Sethi caught Lidan's sudden glance up and smiled sympathetically, "I'm sure it was all for the better anyway."

"Hah." Lidan swallowed, "All for the better? They ****ed up our family, and for that I want revenge."

"We're good at revenge."

"Indeed we are sis, indeed we are. How do you plan on paying for these things?"

"Don't worry," Sethi glanced towards the kitchen of the pub, "I've got an old aquantance here." When the woman appeared behind the counter, Sethi gave her a small wave. The greying woman's eyes glittered with understanding and she returned the wave before entering the kitchen again. "Are you done Li?"

"Yes, let's go."

The two girls set off, Sethi leading the way to a place they could devise a plan.[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]"So, we crash the palace? .........not much of a plan Sethi."

"It's all I could think of. " [i]Sethi grinned sheepishly, slightly embarassed. Lidan crossed her arms, then thought better of it and put them on her hips.[/i]

"Shouldn't we get out of the dresses first?"

"Oh yeah. Good idea."

"What about the deer.......do we leave them there?"

"I think they'll come on their own."

"Okay, let's go get Gordon."

"He's gonna kill us......"

"Exactly!"

[i]Lidan and Sethi grinned with anticipation and leapt off through the city, their footfalls light and quick.[/i][/COLOR]